PDA

View Full Version : WELCOME TO THE TECHNICAL HELP SECTION

sweetie
09-30-2003, 01:40 PM
Hi Guys and Cute Girls !!! :yes: :yes:

As some of you might have seen, there is a new section called *technical help* which is further divided into subsections called *General*, *Windows related*, and *Linux Related*..

This move my our dear Admin and Super Mod's has been down on behalf of my words, as I felt that such separate sections in a forum like Geetham.net, will proove to be very useful for all those computer newbies, who get stuck with some kinda problems. And a Forum is one of the best places to learn nething, if u r gonna learn it by Trial n Error method with help from others.... A Living evidence can be My own self... Without going into any personal detail, I would like to share with u all that I did not nething with computers till June 10,2001.... that was the first day in my life I sat in front of a Linux OS.... And now, two years down the lane, I am pretty confident and sure that I can troubleshoot my Linnux OS Personal Computer on my own....

Ofcourse I learned lot by studying lot of technical books and it took lot of time to grasp everything and at present I am a little master in that. :ahha: . So I want to share my knowledge with you. :yes:

The reason I asked for a separate section is here because, There are about 3000 user now in Geetham, which means that people who are using computers just on the rim, may face some problems.... And so, instead of browsing Different Forums everyday for different purposes, if we only had a Single Forum, which caters to the entertainment AS WELL AS troubleshooting need, then it would be fine..... AND SO HERE IT IS ..........

GEETHAM.NET -- Providing YOU with Entertainment / Fun / Health / Current Affairs / AND NOW, TECH HELP TOO !!!!!!!! :b: :b: :b: :b:

Geetham is REQUESTING YOU all to POST ANY TECHNICAL QUERIES IN THESE NEW SECTIONS .... AND, TO MAKE YOUR POSTS AND REPLIES EASIER, PLEASE POST YOUR QUERIES BASED ON THE Operating System WHERE YOU FACED THE PROBLEM.........

ALL PEOPLE WITH COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE ARE REQUESTED TO TAKE PART IN THIS AND HELP OUT OTHER PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH COMPUTERS........

If there is anything you all feel about this section, Please Feel free to mention that too....

THANK YOU !! Hope to see you all helping each other..............

vennai1
09-30-2003, 06:23 PM
Sweetie and everyone involved in this effort...

My Best wishes and keep the good work going... :P :b:

c_venkatesh
10-01-2003, 04:35 AM
Hi sweetie
Hope every one will contribute in this Forum to solve some one Prob.

silican
10-01-2003, 07:39 PM
Hi sweetie,
I was really expecting something like this ..Good tht u started it. Ok...Yaaravadhu edhavadhu question kelunga paa...(Naan vedikkai dhan paapen,padhil solra alavu sarakku illa ... :ahha: )

Silican

vepa27
10-14-2003, 08:52 AM
i am using windows 98.internet explorer-6.after i upload windows security update i got the message "this programme is an illegal programme". or page faults .even if i try to switch to any new page i got the message.first i try to uninstal internet explorer[three times]. now i uninstal security update. now its ok.
but i want to know why i got this type of message

dinesh
10-14-2003, 11:18 AM
I'm not quite sure about this, but this might happen because you installed a security patch for a different version of windows. As you may know there are seperate patches released for seperate versions of Windows, say '98 and 2000 will have different patch files for the same problem. So please make sure you used the correct patch file for your O/S.

dinesh
10-14-2003, 01:59 PM
I'm not sure about this, but I think the online version of Windows update only works for XP patches. Can anybody who use other versions confirm this?
Aprt form that, vepa27, if you go to Microsoft main page, click on downloads, and search for the needed update, you will get different files for different versions. If you can install the one for Win98, and still if you get the same problem, then it might be related to something else....

anainar
10-14-2003, 02:12 PM
I'm not sure about this, but I think the online version of Windows update only works for XP patches. Can anybody who use other versions confirm this?
Aprt form that, vepa27, if you go to Microsoft main page, click on downloads, and search for the needed update, you will get different files for different versions. If you can install the one for Win98, and still if you get the same problem, then it might be related to something else....

My office PC is on Windows2000 and update does work in that, though we have disabled that, since we have firewall and all security setup. My personal laptop is in XP and I have update enabled which downloads and updates automatically after getting my consent. Am not sure about 98, as I never used it in the past four years.

Cheers.

sagi
05-01-2004, 10:19 AM
ahrrr sagi you are a waste. you missed such a good section for a long time.oopss :(
anyway i am here....thanks to the team..i will be here with my questions soon :)