PDA

View Full Version : Flexi Timing - Boon or Bane ?

valluvan
09-15-2005, 08:15 PM
Hi all,

I come across another interesting article :wink: posted in Timesonline. The Flexi time working is on the rise in every quarter of the world. Many of us feel the concept is very helpful and many of us don't. The article points the below,

workers who have reduced their hours are damaging their chances of promotion because their bosses no longer take them seriously

“hidden brain drain” may be forcing one in five people to work below their full potential

More details can be got here http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,8159-1780838,00.html

For me, though flexi timing helps us in a way to handle our personal family needs, it indirectly (why indirectly :think:)...directly affects one's career. In this context, is Flexi time working a boon or bane? I feel, its a bane.

All the Geethamites are welcome to share your thoughts. :b:

yamini
09-16-2005, 02:55 AM
It is not a boon to get a "Flexi timing". My first and simple reason is that you cannot say any excuse to your boss to escape from "the Stupid Project" you really looking forward to". :lol: Otherwise, it would have given your face "glow" if it is gone to "the specific person" :lol:

jaggy4u
09-16-2005, 06:21 AM
My vote is for flexible timings at work :b:
Infact today while driving was discussing the same thing with a friend. He was saying he get panicked if he goes to office late, (his office has flexi hours)..I was telling him, we got used to this early bird rising from our school days in India, so its obvious tht we press the panick button.
I remember my school starts at 9 Am ( as do most of the other schools in India) and if you go late they punish you, warn you etc., and the time is really punched in our mind. It was horrid time but still we do enjoyed it (nah got used to it :ahha: ).
People who are late are considered lazy generally at work. Why is this attitude? :evil:
My point is this: Everyone is different. Some reach thr peakness of thr productivity in later part of the day and some early morning (atlst in software). So having flexi hours really encourages ppl to be productive. :b:

valluvan
09-16-2005, 08:32 AM
It is not a boon to get a "Flexi timing". My first and simple reason is that you cannot say any excuse to your boss to escape from "the Stupid Project" you really looking forward to". Otherwise, it would have given your face "glow" if it is gone to "the specific person"

:sm12: :sm12: enjoyed it. :b: Not only for the above reason Yamini, flexi-timings are helpful for working couples to satisfy their family needs and helps them to keep their family happy for which ofcourse one is working. One can go to vacation, can go to bank, pay electric bills, phone bills, take-care of his children, receive his wife's distant relation :evil: from an airport or in a railway station :oops:, etc.,.

My point is this: Everyone is different. Some reach thr peakness of thr productivity in later part of the day and some early morning (atlst in software). So having flexi hours really encourages ppl to be productive.

okie, bro :D Productive is for the company to which one belong to. Isn't it? How about one's career? :think:

There is a chance that your boss may not consider your work seriously as he doesn't know how hard you are working on the specific task and as a downstream effect it may affect your promotion.

Every flexi-timer thinks now that they are in a job for which they are over qualified and which is affecting their working potential and thus the productivity. Ultimately again it isn't productive.