PDA

View Full Version : Leave the relationship for betterment of Life

Shy
09-19-2005, 05:33 PM
Yesterday was watching a movie which had positions tragetting women that they leave men in a serious relationship(love that is) for a better one. I was angry and upset. For me it felt like its an example of Men domination. They say what they want to say in a mass media. There are N number of cases where guys have fun and run away from the girls they had promised. But in movies they always portairt that women drop relationships and settle with a better one.

Example from the movie: Both will be in love, but women will say bybye and go marry an american dude and settle in life.

I thought we can discuss/fight(but paarthu) about it.

There should be 2 teams only, no neutral ones ;)

Its --> MAJORITY is MEN

or

MAJORITY is WOMEN.

Shy

Shy
09-19-2005, 05:35 PM
My vote is "MAJORITY is MEN"

Shy

coolian
09-19-2005, 05:50 PM
One question, Shy. Did you draw your conclustion that the majority of the people who break their relationships to form new, supposedly better ones is "men" from a Gallup survey etc?

But in movies they always portairt that women drop relationships and settle with a better one.
You're angry and upset that some movie hinted women are the "culprits" in relationships (what movie was it, by the way?)...yet aren't you doing exactly the same?

silican
09-19-2005, 05:50 PM
Naaah --> Women

rsivaraman
09-19-2005, 05:57 PM
would like to say this quote about statistics :D

"Statistics are also like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital."

There cannot be a common ground in which you can assume any one particular sex to be worse than the other in such situations :D

-Siva

P.S if you want me to take sides, yeah I would say Majority is women :P

vasan
09-19-2005, 06:53 PM
No.. I can't sides like that.. I will lose my air of neutrality, and unbiased attitude, and superior non-judmental air of clarity and piety.. :wink: :sm12: :sm12: :sm12:

I don't have to take sides, for the truth is rather obvious: Majority is women, and the film (whichever one that is) for once caught the fact correctly. Kudos to the director. :P

Vasan

ps: My rules for Pattimandram...

Rule 1: Be in the opposition team of Shy's.. :wink: :P :sm12:

Priyam2004
09-19-2005, 07:53 PM
Aaahhh.... Men will leave/break a relationship if it suits him without even thinking deeply abt it...if he reckons it'll work out better for him 'zoooooooom....' way they go.... :P Whereas women tend to think twice before leaving/breaking a relationship!! :D

Me with Shy akka on this one :yes:

dinesh
09-19-2005, 08:09 PM
I don't know anything about relationships, so I'll stay away..... :oops:

jaggy4u
09-19-2005, 08:19 PM
Majority is Men, Vote pottuten :ee: .
Unmai virumbi Jag :sm10:

Bluelotus
09-19-2005, 08:29 PM
I'll watch from afar :ee: ... as yet undecided :ahha:

blue.

vasan
09-19-2005, 08:31 PM
Is being non-committal the newest in-thing across the pond? :think: :Ksp:

~~~

Unmai virumbi Jag

Virumbinaa mattum pothaathunga, Jag... Pesavum seyyanum.. :wink: :P

truth, and nothing but the truth v- :wink: :P

coolian
09-19-2005, 08:35 PM
I WANT PROOF! I WANT PROOF! I WANT PROOF! I WANT PROOF! I WANT PROOF! I WANT PROOF! I WANT PROOF! I WANT PROOF! I WANT PROOF! I WANT PROOF! I WANT PROOF! I WANT PROOF! I WANT PROOF! I WANT PROOF! I WANT PROOF! I WANT PROOF! I WANT PROOF! I WANT PROOF! I WANT PROOF! I WANT PROOF! I WANT PROOF! I WANT PROOF! I WANT PROOF! I WANT PROOF! I WANT PROOF! I WANT PROOF! I WANT PROOF! I WANT PROOF! I WANT PROOF! I WANT PROOF! I WANT PROOF! I WANT PROOF! I WANT PROOF!

rsivaraman
09-19-2005, 08:50 PM
if a majority of men go away, then there must be somthing critically wrong with a loooooot of women :ee:

-Siva

coolian
09-19-2005, 08:51 PM
Adichaan paar oru shotttttttu....daai siva, nee engeyO poittE...

Bluelotus
09-19-2005, 09:22 PM
Siva, I doubt there is anything wrong with the party which has been dumped....the fault rather lies firmly on the side of the one who couldnn't commit.
but heck this is just a comment from me as an undecided :ee:

blue. :ahha:

rsivaraman
09-19-2005, 09:28 PM
the fault rather lies firmly on the side of the one who couldnn't commit.

considering this aspect as a seperate entity is not right. There can be umpteen number of reasons why he wouldn't have been willing to commit, some of which might attribute to the faults in that girl :D

Priyam2004
09-19-2005, 09:38 PM
Very funny Siva :snooty:

san2003
09-20-2005, 03:34 AM
MEN MEN MEN MEN :snooty: :snooty:

we said majority men... not all men :ahha:

when girls leave in a relationship they r called b**** (sori for that word :oops:) so r u sayin that all girls r like that???? :evil: :evil:

im definetely supporting Shy akka :yes: ;) like priyam said... men leave in an instance without thinking of the consequences ... women do not make instant decisions on this... thats why women feel the heart break more than men :)

Shy
09-20-2005, 02:48 PM
Pasangala.. jithan padathula, a group of guys will be drinking and each ones story is abt a girl who cheated and left. Athula partha appuram thaan intha thought.. athaan topic arambhichen.

If Majority of Men go away'na why should it be a girls problem. Yen, cant it be like this. Majority Men are commitment bayanthaangoligal? :evil: ;). Appo other team solra mathiri, Majority women, na appo guyskita yetha problem irukkunu kooda artham thaanae?

There are N number of guys who use this relationship phase as just a time pass. Because from day one, they know that their mom would not agree and finally he will have to chose between her or mom and most guys as we all know, are mommy boys :evil: :evil: But time passkku irukatumaenu, they have fun during college etc and when it comes to commitment, oodiyae poiduvaanga.. there are many such incidents, in papers and also in movies(but very rarely it comes in media, men dominationla athaiyum maraichuduvaanga )

Coolian survey ellam illai... but ketathai vachum, padichathai vachum, I have a thought that its guys who leave the relationship for betterment :evil: :evil:

Shy

anainar
09-20-2005, 04:18 PM
அம்மாடியோ!! அதுக்குள்ள இத்தனை :evibl: :evil: :evil:

To be honest, I dont want to take sides. People decide to be in relationship for "N" number of reasons and leave a relationship for "N+1" reasons. Probably if they have not left, their life might be in misery. Who knows? It cannot be driven by statistics or gender.

I generally dont agree that guys treat relationship as time pass. They invest time and energy in cultivating one. Girls dont have to try hard for having a relationship. Normally the hard work is done by guys. So, why should he leave without a solid reason?

Cheers

Shy
09-20-2005, 04:28 PM
athisiyam aanaal unmai...

anainar ji.. first time neutral'a irukel... ;)

chumma pagidi..

relationship growth is mutual anainar.. appadi irukkum bothu, athu eppadi guyskku more hard work solreenga. time passnu naan sola vanthathu... cases where day one guys knew it wont work, but be in that relationship for that period alone. avangalae vera eppadi solrathu theriyalai.

Shy

paulraj
09-20-2005, 04:55 PM
aiyyaaaaaa.......ithukudava theriyathu...womensthaan.....

nalla jollya suthiputu, avanavan pocket money ellam kaalipannitu..........

2 varusam kalichi...yenga veetla yenakku maapilai parthrukanganga.He is in STATES nnu romba beela utukitu...marriage pannikitu poiduvaanga.

Avan othukalinna...irukavae irukku ponugalin kadasi aythuam "tears" athula rendu shootu vita poochu...

ivan inga thaadi vachikitu kavitha,kalyaninnu polambikitu iruppan...

YENKIRUNTHALUM VAALGA NNU PaADUVAAN...

originala nerya case parthuiruken.

sila ponnunga soolnizhai (familye suicide pannikovum nnu miratal)nal appadi pannuvanga -Avangallam SOOLNIZHAIVATHIGAL

sila ponnunga suyanalavathigal - for their good future kathala tooki yerinchtu poiduvanga-avangallam SYANALAVATHIGAL

so, yeapdi parthalum ponnugathaannn........

paul

Bluelotus
09-20-2005, 05:20 PM
the fact remain that throughout the animal kingdom it is the male of the species which tend to leave :think:
in fact I remember reading an article years ago in the New Scientist that human male have the same urge, and hence why very few settle down ...adn even then at a much more advanced age :think:

but then again....since the "sexual revolution", more and mor women have been following in the path which for long has been male dominated....
ladettes are simply the female version :ahha:

hmmm...."madame bovary" :? :think:

blue.

rsivaraman
09-20-2005, 05:23 PM
Are you still undecided bluey :ee: , you seem to be leaning our way :D

-Siva

Bluelotus
09-20-2005, 05:29 PM
Siva *hush* I like playing devil's advocate :ee:

blue.

Shy
09-20-2005, 05:54 PM
sweetlotus :00:

Shy

Bluelotus
09-20-2005, 08:22 PM
:oops: :doh:

Men being committment phobes can be seen everywhere and at any time...
For example one coudl have a look at Henry the VIII, to better his life or to fulfill his desires he divorced or killed at will many of his wives... :?
He wanted to divorce Catherine of Aragon so much that he even broke away from Rome.
that is the extent to which a man is willing to go to end relationships :think: and better his life in whatever way he thinks is necessary...

blue.

PS: this whole devil's advocate thing is like sooo not working :doh:

paulraj
09-21-2005, 07:20 AM
after all oru cellphonekku ippadinaa...........think about other things

ns80
09-21-2005, 07:32 AM
indha thread'la kudutha example ellam ore cinema'va irukke :think:

mycupacoffee
07-08-2006, 01:21 PM
majority men