PDA

View Full Version : plz help ------- cake

Minnie
12-15-2005, 02:57 AM
Hi frnds --- does any one know how to bake a cake thats similar to the one they prepared in the movie ( revathy and her hubby acted )Pudhiya mugam ( b'day cake )...is something different like just a single layer but when touched just pop out.....i really,really need to know this cos i am planning to do the cake and surprise my dad for his b'day....my mom doesnt have any idea,and asking me to rent her the movie grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... ..........
does anyone have any idea about how to prepare???????

san2003
12-15-2005, 03:59 AM
pop out cake'va???? :00: how does it pop out (long time ago saw the movie.. maranthupochu :ahha:) .... sori micky me dont know ... :oops: :ee:
doesnt sound realistic though :think: :think: :think:

Bluelotus
12-15-2005, 05:49 PM
micky,

sorry had to move your thread to the gourmet section :wink:

no dear I have no idea how you coudl make a single layer of sponge pop.

perhaps if you build it over 2 layers, the bottom layer could have the "poping" mechanism
:think:

blue.

goodcomplanboy
12-15-2005, 07:29 PM
I have seen that movie and I know what exactly that cake is?

Its a balloon cake. Its a square shaped balloon, which had cream on top. When you cut it with a very (very) sharp knife it bursts and cream will spill out. This is what you have to do micky.

Get a balloon, something pretty thin and something small. Try to fit it inside a small rectangular (or square) box. Needless to say after inflating only. The apply the Cream (Creams are available in Stop&Shop/Shoprite/Target) on top. Make sure that it is decorated properly. So that your father doesnt get suspicious. Also make sure the box is also covered with cream, so that it looks like its a proper cake.

Also get a very very sharp knife. Do test your balloon (not the one you decorated with cream) with the knife. It should burst as soon as you slightly press on the surface of the balloon. See if this works.

PS: Poor Dad :( :Ksp:

Other Ideas:

-> Why not get him the "Jack out of the box"
-> Get him a Best Buy gift card, so that he can buy the electronics stuff he wants :ee:

Minnie
12-15-2005, 09:23 PM
GCB,,,thanks....but now i need to do trials...whom i should i seek first :think: but will the cream stay over the balloon....anyway thanks again and will let you know once i try it out soon ok....

goodcomplanboy
12-15-2005, 09:26 PM
but will the cream stay over the balloon....

It did in the movie, didnt it :ahha: try try until you succeed micky :wink:

Bluelotus
12-15-2005, 11:54 PM
and here I thought our darling micky was going to bake an ice cream bomb :Ksp:

tinker
12-16-2005, 12:19 AM

with chappathi flour :think: :think:

goodcomplanboy
12-16-2005, 01:04 AM
with chappathi flour

no no gram flour :lol:

san2003
12-16-2005, 01:06 AM

:sm12: :sm12: :sm12: ... me too bluey :oops: :oops:
use jus balloon... thats not fun :snooty: :snooty: .... micky.. success acha???

Shy
12-16-2005, 01:09 AM
micky paavam ma dad..

yen ippadi ellam bayamburuthura :oops:

aasaiyaa oru cake neeye bake panalaam illaiyaa

shy

Minnie
12-16-2005, 01:45 AM
one ice cream bomb parcel to san and bluey... :D
one fedx gramflour cake --------- GCB :D
one fedx chappathiflour cake -------- tinker... :D

san,,,i havent tried it...will be trying from next week only,,,,first got to find a very,very,very sharp knife....just now i asked my mom how to find the sharpness of knife,will it cut as soon as i touch.....my mom was like whatttttttttttttttttt...ennaac hi,why,for what, grrrrrrrrrrrr lot many questions...... :sm18:
next got to find thin,small box to fit into the balloon,,then only will start my experiments.... :ahha:

shy,,,once i tried to bake cake for anniversary,just to surprise that even their daughter can bake cake like the ones in shop,,,,but you know what....to test whether the cake is ready or not,just dipped one tooth pick but due to the heat accidently dropped it in the cake itself,,then adjusted the timings finally landed up as fried roasted cake with tooth pick :oops:
this time,,,even if i want to bake cake my mom will say a big NOOOOOO :wink:

Shy
12-16-2005, 01:52 AM
acho appadiyaa.. ok ok nee try paninenu irukae athuve they will happy :yes: :yes:

paarthu pannu okvaa :)

Shy

san2003
12-16-2005, 02:10 AM
achocho micky... :00: :) anywya.. the thought that counts :ee:
awaiting icecream bomb parcel... remember to put fragile n danger on it :ahha: :sm12: .. acho naan chumma sonnaen ... nejamavae send panathingo :oops:

Minnie
12-16-2005, 02:35 AM
sure,will send it to you...expect on 31st dec ok.....
sure shy,,,i will try my best not to mess up the kitchen....

vasan
12-16-2005, 02:36 AM
Now I understand why rajini goes off to himalayas on his birthday..

2 daughters.. rendum intha maathiri ethaathu plan podum.. thaangathudaa saamy.. :Ksp:

v-

san2003
12-16-2005, 02:39 AM
sure,will send it to you...expect on 31st dec ok.....
sure shy,,,i will try my best not to mess up the kitchen....

naan veetula iruka maataene ... :dance: :dance: :ahha: .... messing up the kitchen is part of the art of cooking...so its ok :ahha:

Minnie
12-16-2005, 02:43 AM
Now I understand why rajini goes off to himalayas on his birthday..

2 daughters.. rendum intha maathiri ethaathu plan podum.. thaangathudaa saamy.. :Ksp:

v-

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: thaatha daughters pannama vera yaaru dad kitta play panna mudiyum :ahha: .....sons are waste.....
sans dont worry,,,its ice cream right,will keep it in freezer,the moment you come back will send it immediately :ee:

now i need some more plans---- is there a way like the moment he cuts my balloon cake the cream splashes???any idea....

san2003
12-16-2005, 02:49 AM
is there a way like the moment he cuts my balloon cake the cream splashes???

micky... ippo appa yenna senjaru? first u wanna surprise (more like bayamuduthu) him .... now wanna cover him with cream :00: :00: .. mayb try filling the balloon with cream?? like filling it with soap... but cream... try panni sollu.... also try on urself... the best solution to an experiment :ahha: :sm12:

butterfly
12-16-2005, 03:38 AM
Micky,
Pls let us know how it came out...wudnt mind trying it on my neice :sm12:

GCB :00:

How did u know this :00: :ahha:

goodcomplanboy
12-16-2005, 04:52 AM
Micky,
Pls let us know how it came out...wudnt mind trying it on my neice
GCB
How did u know this

Well, experience thaan :razz: we did that for our friend back home... It was fun, poor girl was little shocked but she did enjoy it later on. Innum kooda when we get together, she used to remember those days and especially this moment and will talk about it.

Memories....

ஞாபகம் வருதே ஞாபகம் வருதே
பொக்கிஷமாக நெஞ்சில் புதைத்த
நினைவுகள் எல்லாம் ஞாபகம் வருதே....

Minnie
12-16-2005, 03:19 PM
GCBbbbbbbbbbbbb...... :evil: we tried but i am not able to fit the box inside the balloon,,,when i try the air comes out immediately,and nothing fits in :sm18: :sm18: ....please,please since you have tried out....tell me the step-by step procedure :sm03: :sm03:

butterfly
12-16-2005, 03:39 PM
Get a balloon, something pretty thin and something small. Try to fit it inside a small rectangular (or square) box. Needless to say after inflating only

Micky,
Gcb has said to fit the balloon in the box.....not box in the balloon

Minnie
12-16-2005, 03:45 PM
ooooooooo,,,sorry didnt notice it correctly cos in the movie i saw no box outside :oops: :ee:

butterfly
12-16-2005, 03:47 PM
ooooooooo,,,sorry didnt notice it correctly

:)

goodcomplanboy
12-16-2005, 08:35 PM
GCBbbbbbbbbbbbb...... we tried but i am not able to fit the box inside the balloon,,,when i try the air comes out immediately,and nothing fits in ....please,please since you have tried out....tell me the step-by step procedure

yov this is too much :sm12: how did you try to fit the box inside the balloon :sm12: :sm12: and how do you think it will burst if you cut it. It will just tear off. It will burst only if it has tight air inside it.

Step1: Inflate a balloon
Step2: Fit the balloon into the box
Step3: Tie it with thin thread, so that the balloon stays inside the box.

Ok'va :b:

goodcomplanboy
12-16-2005, 08:36 PM
I was just thinking little more about that :think: Why not do this

Buy a pretty small baloon, inflate it into the normal oval (pear) shape. Decorate it so that it looks like its a Pineapple. This way you dont have the hazzle of fitting the balloon inside the box.

Try this one and see if its easier...

Minnie
12-17-2005, 01:51 AM
gcb naa unga kitta too much question kaekkarena :ee: ,,,illa enna vambula mattivida parkiringha. :ahha: ....i can decorate as pineapple,,,but athukku mela leaves'ku what should i do :wink: ....
next at times dad kashtapaduvangha solli my mom will cut ....sometime they both join and will tell why cant you do it :( ...just imagine antha madhiri if both join when i am doing this trick....enna nelamai?????? :oops: :oops: