PDA

View Full Version : Subash Vs Gandhi

thirudan
10-05-2003, 06:47 PM
For Today's India's plight whom do we hold responsible ???

1) The way we had our independence ... is everything fine in it .

2 ) wat if subash had freed India thru force ??

3) whom do u go for as a leader ? Subash or Gandhi ...

ennoda pathil viraivil ....

arumugam57
10-05-2003, 06:53 PM
If we went in the way of Subash let us assume for each and every 10,000 Indian solidairs British force si loosing one solidaire , then that itself a big lose for them.

We could have achieved freedom in 1910 itself.

So my leader is subash.

dinesh
10-05-2003, 07:37 PM
why are you blaming dead men for today's plight....the reason is corrupt politicians......
and arumugam.....is there any advantage in gaining independence in 1910 compared to a later date?

sri_gan
10-05-2003, 07:39 PM
My leader is also Subash.

sri_gan
10-05-2003, 07:41 PM
why are you blaming dead men for today's plight....the reason is corrupt politicians......
and arumugam.....is there any advantage in gaining independence in 1910 compared to a later date?

No one is blaming anyone and The topic heading is so clear.

dinesh
10-05-2003, 07:53 PM

This was thirudan's question, sri_gan.....and doesn't holding responsible sound pointing the finger?

sri_gan
10-05-2003, 09:39 PM

This was thirudan's question, sri_gan.....and doesn't holding responsible sound pointing the finger?

Seri seri.

naan atha sonnathukku reason, i didn't see an answer from your reply vera onnum illa. Nee odane unna karam pathu reply pannuren nu nenchukathe... naan casuala than sonnen.

saraku
10-05-2003, 09:53 PM
naanum subash-uku thaan support pannuven ... but howver we got the freedom, the fact is we are in such a pitiable state because of the corrupt politcians (as said by shidinesh also).

anainar
10-06-2003, 01:02 AM
Aaaha! Enna arumayaana toic. Aaambith vaitha Thirudanukku oru "Jai Thirudan"

For me the issue was not whether Gandhi or Subash. The polciy of ahimsa is not relevant in todays world. Gandhi lived in an utopian world of non violence and tried to take India also to that utopian world. When ever some one like Sardar, or Subash used to talk about irrelevance of this Ahimsa, he would go in a fast to death to bring the whole Congress to its knees. Had Subash, got us freedom by force, we will not have Kashmir problem or for that matter partition itself. So my vote is for Subash.

Jai Hind

sri_gan
10-06-2003, 01:11 AM
I agree with the point that most of the problems we are facing today won't be there if it was done through the force.

Secondly, Since the India's History roots before B.C, there is no thrive with the people to create a greater history. Some countries don't have that, so they are striving harder to make it into the History.

Third, Ahimsa in a wonderful weapon and a greatful thought but there are situation and places where and when to use it. I must agree the fact and respect that it is cause for what we are today, yet the future should not be spoiled by just praising and leaving everything under the ground.

I can put like below:

The speech of freedom and itself is under jeopardy when you forget to protect it.

Innum varum...

thirudan
10-06-2003, 01:49 AM
itho thirudanoda kural ....

Okay wat went wrong in our independence ??? We got it .... right !!!

but how ?? is a big question .

Do u guys know why india still remains under developed even having
such powerful resources and superficial brains . The reason is
we lack attitude to fight ! Instead we let everything to come
by itself . So no one dares to take the challenge . For this I
would make the blame on gandhian principles and not gandhi.

India would hav been super power if subash was our leader !!

So shidinesh!! can u percieve what is the role of gandhi in
india's todays plight ... I am not against any dead person but
I am against his living principles .

anainar
10-06-2003, 01:52 AM
Ithula innoru vishayam sollanum. Namma ooru pulavan Bharathi illai, avaru sonnaru "Routhram Pazhagu" appadinnu. Meaning ennana, you should learn to fight also. As I said Ahimsa is a great concept. Whether it is relevant in todays world? I dont think so.

Recent talk by our PM Vajpayee at NY " We will not negotiate with any one who uses Terroris to force us into dialogue". Had Gandhi been here, he would have gone on a "Fast to death" to make Vajpayee talk to terrorists. My intention is not to make derogatory remarks about Gandhi. But against his philosophies. Ithai thaan during 1947 Sardar said, we should not negotiate with Ali Jinnah and British on partition. Bute Gandhi as always believed in giving away everything he had and agreed to partition. Otherwise, we would not have had Pakistan. Jinnah could have been silenced or sidelined in Congress.

Cheers.

thirudan
10-06-2003, 02:21 AM
ath vidunga

one of my friend asked me a question abt this !!

ippo suppose there is a guest coming to u r home !!!
he stays for 2 days and u provide him food . he stays
for another 10 days and u still give him protection .
suppose after 10 more days wat if he is demanding
and ordering resource ?? wat will u do then ??
will u go for a struggle or just kick that ba...d out of u
r house ??

anyone for gandhi !!!!!! do come here .... one sided argumets
are boring ....shidinesh engaa da odi poyitta

aamam intha venna enga ponaan ...dei venna jaldi enge vaada

sri_gan
10-06-2003, 03:32 AM
Neriya visheyam velila varuthu... Arumuganainar and Thirudan
Nalla karuthu and Nalla examples.

sweetie
10-06-2003, 05:38 AM
having had freedom in 1910 wud have made no difference except that, now we have been under arnd 50 years of unnecessary turmoil, and then it wud have been 90 years I guess.... There is nothing wrong in we getting freedom at ne date or by ne means.. whether it be thru Gandhi or Subash.... but the point is wat did we get along with freedom ??? Where was the loophole that was not plugged in when we got freedom ???

People at the helm of affairs way back in 1947 din give a lot of thought to the wat the britishers were doing backstage, while giving us the freedom in the central hall.....

thats where everything went wrong I guess.... the minority were not considered

arumugam57
10-06-2003, 05:54 AM
Vanthutanappa Beer Baal ; Asku Buknu confuse pannitu poiduvaaru paaren.

Sweetie ippa nee enna thaan solla varee?

sweetie
10-06-2003, 06:08 AM
Wat I am trying to say is that U can *never* hold neone responsible for everything that has happened in the process of getting freedom... because everyone has their own ideas... it wud've been a lot different if all of them had got together and put in their views, and come out with a common consensus.....

but now. after all these years, and MOST IMPORTANTLY with the situation changed drastically, it wud not be wise to think about who cud be held responsible, coz no one of them is alive now to answer ur allegations... and hence its a waste of time...

Rather, it wud be more wise and in the line of sense, to think about what to do now and what can be done in the future.... yes.. we've got freedom.... okie.. now come on... move on... why do U people keep going back to those days, n try to find fault with something... lemme tell u.... u cna always find fault with something once they have happened... but u never know the situation that prevailed at that particular moment when something happened... and IT HAS HAPPENED... no point in trying to swim thru the loopholes...

dinesh
10-06-2003, 11:10 AM
thirudan...you comments are quite weird.....I don't support either gandhi or subash....because neither can be blamed for the current plight of India.
And it is quite funny to read thirudan's post saying india would have been a superpower if it was for subash......India being a superpower pops up almost everywhere in Indian newspapers etc....
How would you define a superpower? Is it the ability to bash the shit out of all your tiny neighbours? if that is the case then you are naturally a superpower, because of your size. You have an army which is only matched by the Red Army.
But is that the only qualification for being a superpower?
More than 30% of the nation's youth are without jobs, more than 50% are under severe poverty, a sizeable amount of the population is illiterate, a very high human rights violations take place in some states, governmental corruption is as high as you would get in a democratic country, a sizeable population still live in the slums because of the lack of basic housing......and YOU are talking about being a superpower.
Dude.....first make sure you can afford to pay all the unemployed youth, some form of an unemployment benefit and make sure you can afford it (that's what the real superpowers do), and then we'll get together and talk about developing nukes.

And if this offends anyone, sorry people, I can't help it. It's the truth.

PS: A hard-hitting article about India's current plight by writer chrunivedita makes good reading http://www.charuonline.com/kp58a.html

priyarock
10-06-2003, 11:17 AM
Subashji will be my first choice...and then Ghandi ji...BUt neither of them can be blamed for the state of India today...If Subash ji had gained the support of Germany at that time may be INA could have marched through India , fortunately or unfortunately Hitler denied his request fully...BUT NOW India needs a very strong leader with an Iron fist to improve her state of condition.

thirudan
10-06-2003, 12:43 PM
vaadi shidinesh!!!!

wat did u say ??? Its funny to here this fact that india
wud hav been super power .

watever u told abt unemployment and poverty ellathukum
birth enna?????
I see the soul reason is ATTITUDE and CHARACTER . Never Give Up spirit
is absent with the indians and also No one wants to FIGHT for survival
instead they want to just survive . Intha ATTITUDE yaarodiyathu ...

If a tiny jjapan after being destroyed completely is technologically advanced ??? why is this so ?? ? it is their ATTITUDE to perceive defeat .

Nee ninaikillam ithula gandhi kum subash kum enna smbandham nu.
Subash's freedom Struggle wud hav given as that ATTITUDE that we
lack . SO we wud hav competed with any one in the whole world
both technically as well as Miltarily

any comments plz flash it .

sweetie
10-06-2003, 01:35 PM
NOPE THIRUDAN.....
Without the help of the US of A, Japan wud be nowhere near where it is now... not even in the wildest dreams.... and without a US base and presence here in Japan, JAPAN WUD've BEEN LONG INVADED BY CHINA N N.KOREA..... It is just with the US help (becoz of what they themself did to this country previously) that Japan is where it is now....

DO NOT DRAW PARALLELS BETWEEN TWO NATIONS.... NO TWO NATIONS ARE THE SAME.... AND ITS RIDICULOUS TO DO THAT....

And jus for info, after independence, India has been walking on its own feet... ofcourse with help from others, but not in ne substantial or significant way.... ATTITUDE AND CHARACTER of a NATION DOES NOT DEPEND ON ONE SINGLE GANDHI OR SUBASH.... Every goddamn citizen of this country has to have that character, which neither gandhi or subash can sow .... it has to come from ur own self.....

sri_gan
10-06-2003, 01:50 PM
Sweetie I agree with your grieveness.

But look at any other country people, they follow the leader. Where are we at this place? Why any person who educated is not voting? Don't say that they are not doing their job with responsibilty and what can we do about it - Its the tolerance or I will even say lazyness.

The Ahimsa was tolerance in simple words, yet every concept has its extreme. What you are seeing is the extreme of it. If there was not sardar vallabai patel, there is no India what you see today.

He is the Iron Man and I admire at his work and the concept of never give up. Think about the peer pressure he was going through at that situations to unite a nation.

Gandhi wanted Congress to be dissolved after Independence, Did any one followed his word, yet he didn't do anything 'cause he is the complete symbol of Tolerance.

The attitude of tolerance is totally swallowing and people are always people. The difference between the people and the king is King knows how to rule the country and he is the symbol of leadership.

Strong leadership can be obtained with proper composition of tolerance, leadership and the knowledge of how to use the power given.

Innum varum...

anainar
10-06-2003, 02:01 PM
Sweetie,

I agree with your point that that we have been walking on our own feet so far and considering that it has been a good show. USA has had freedom for more than 300 years. That is just one part of the argument.

The point I made was, when we got freedom there was so much turmoil and everything was fluid. That is the time when you need someone with iron fist to make decisions with long term interests in mind. Population control was never a prioirty. In 50 years we have more than doubled the population. Had that been a priority that time, we wont be here.

Same is true with partition, Kashmir. That point is not about pointing finger. Learning from past. Our state policy in 1947 till 1995 has been to be looked upon as a goody goody state, rather than some one who will not compromise on its interests.

We compromised our interest when Nehru took Kashmir to UN. We compromised our interest when in 1971 after having 60000 POW and having penetrated deep in to Pakistan gave away Kashmir to Pakistan. Because we wanted to be a gentleman state. Look at China, they were ruthless when we fought them. It is not about comparing nations or their prosperity or draw parallels. Safegaurding the interests of the country is the first and foremost responsibility of the Govt. And we have failed miserably in the first 50 years. Whether we would have become a super power or not is a different question.

But we would have been a much stronger state and no one would want to mess with us, the way Pak & US & Arab countries playing games with us.

Cheers.

arumugam57
10-06-2003, 02:07 PM
I am really wondering how come geetham got this many very very usefull contributors with in the span of just 5 months??. Every one is wring big big esaays. And the great thing is those essays are realy intresting to read. Nice going guyss!!

anainar
10-06-2003, 02:22 PM
I am really wondering how come geetham got this many very very usefull contributors with in the span of just 5 months??. Every one is wring big big esaays. And the great thing is those essays are realy intresting to read. Nice going guyss!!

6Face,

I told you guys when I entered the forum that if the topics are interesting people will write and they will have their own preferences too for the topics. And that you dont have to use carrot and stick policy always.

We all appreciate your efforts. Keep up the good work.

Cheers.

vennai1
10-06-2003, 07:59 PM
Why are we here trying to blame leaders for our present condition ?

One more thing, we are not that bad as a nation whole together.

Sometimes, we forget how many people are in worse

conditions than us !

Even with all poverty and unemployment, India is certainly

in a greater and respectable position than what it was

in 1947 !

India will continue to grow !

Jai Hind !

sri_gan
10-06-2003, 08:03 PM
Thats a very positive attitude Vennai :clap:.

Nenga entha leader rombe admire pannurenga atha sollunga?

Ellarthukkum oru inspiration leader irrupanga, ivanga rendu perula ungalukku yaru rombe pidikkum and why?

anainar
10-06-2003, 08:31 PM
Why are we here trying to blame leaders for our present condition ?

One more thing, we are not that bad as a nation whole together.

Sometimes, we forget how many people are in worse

conditions than us !

Even with all poverty and unemployment, India is certainly

in a greater and respectable position than what it was

in 1947 !

India will continue to grow !

Jai Hind !

Vennai,

I am not blaming our leaders who are dead. But as a country and people who vote we need to know who did what and learn. Come what ever may, there is no denial of the fact that taking Kashmir to UN was wrong. The same with other polcy decisions taken.

And it is also no brainer to consider ourselves to have achieved so much. But did we achieve to our potential? If we did not achieve to our potential, that also is mistake and we need to analyse why. And yes we will continue to grow. But the reasons for looking back is to see, where we failed and where we succeeded and take course correction.

Looking at failures is not weakness or negative attitude. It is strength to accept our mistakes and correct them. Being bogged down by failures is negative attitude which is not I am talking. And leader is defined by some one who can see 100 years down the line and draw policies. That way I said, Subash knew that the world is going to be a jungle, and we need to fight to for our interests. Unlike Gandhi who percieved the world as a Amaithi poonga with everyone being ready to giveaway what ever they have.

I am 100% confident that India as a country will grow. Whether we will grow to our potential? I dont know!

Cheers.

sweetie
10-07-2003, 05:16 AM
Population growth beyond control IS NOT IN THE HANDS OF GANDHI OR SUBASH... If U know wat I mean.... Population growth has to be controlled by every individual... enna pesara nee ??? THIS IS NOT SOMETHING WHICH A LEADER SAYS IN A BIG MEETING OR GATHERING THRU THE PUBLIC ADDRESS SYSTEM.... enna man ithu ???? At this rate, I guess U people wud want some leaders to come and help u wear your condoms ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Come on man... get a life... Dun blame the past leaders as to wat is happening now.... They did their bit and wat best they can do based on the situation IN THEIR TIME... not now... No one can foresee future... future just happens and u get one with it, making decisions all along....

I dun think its correct to blame or choose who was the best leader 50 yrs back..... thats ridiculous....

anainar
10-07-2003, 04:37 PM
Population growth beyond control IS NOT IN THE HANDS OF GANDHI OR SUBASH... If U know wat I mean.... Population growth has to be controlled by every individual... enna pesara nee ??? THIS IS NOT SOMETHING WHICH A LEADER SAYS IN A BIG MEETING OR GATHERING THRU THE PUBLIC ADDRESS SYSTEM.... enna man ithu ???? At this rate, I guess U people wud want some leaders to come and help u wear your condoms ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Come on man... get a life... Dun blame the past leaders as to wat is happening now.... They did their bit and wat best they can do based on the situation IN THEIR TIME... not now... No one can foresee future... future just happens and u get one with it, making decisions all along....

I dun think its correct to blame or choose who was the best leader 50 yrs back..... thats ridiculous....

I am not blaming anybody. And every one did their bit, and no questions about. I am just saying, we need to look at the past and learn. Policy decisions about a country are taken by leaders. They set the priorities for the govt. It is their responsibility and they cannot shy away from that. Can Rajiv Gandhi shy away from the himaalayan blunder he did when reversing Sha Bano case judgement? It still haunts Congress. And everytime that incidence is quoted, we have to bow our head in uncomfort. That fuelled BJP to come to the forefront as a party to take care of minority appeasement.

I know Gandhi as an individual cannot do anything for population control. But as a leader they have to set the priorties of the govt with perspective about the future. You and I are mere mortals. May be we cannot see beyond 1 year. But leaders are supposed to see beyond horizon and make decisions. And if they dont, they also become mere mortals.

We had a state policy of being a goody goody state. Did it work for us? It did not. It reached a state where even Bangladesh can kill and mutilate 14 of our soldiers and get away. Can anyone think of doing the same to Chinese soldiers and get away? It is learning that I am talking about and not blaming. Can Vajpayee govt escape responsibility for letting Sheikh Hasseena go scot free?

It does not make sense to tell who could have made a great leader 50 yrs back. But it makes a lot of sense to see what they did what they should have done so that we make informed decisions.

Cheers

anainar
10-07-2003, 04:48 PM
Sweetie,

I am not asking the leaders to come and help me wear condoms. Fortunately I know much better mechanisms to prevent that. :lol: :lol:

Let me pick one example. The population growth in Tamilnadu and kerala are one half of they way it is in UP/Bihar. It is the same country, same people. What is the difference? We had a leader called Kamarajar, who made primary education a priority for the Govt. The fruits of that decision is being seen now. And UP/Bihar dont have educations as their priority still. While we are miles ahead in literacy, they are figuring out how to get some semblence of law there. Narasimharao govt set liberalisation as a prioirity which made our economy prosper.

It is all about setting priorities Sweetie. Things will move if the govt knows what it wants.

Cheers.

sweetie
10-08-2003, 02:41 AM
Yeah yeah... it dusnt mean GANDHI or SUBASH went preaching about having NO EDUCATION in Bihar or UP.... ofcourse they were preaching literacy for the whole nation... and if those people did not want to take it up on themself to get educated, no one can be held responsible...

And even in TN, I wud not give credit to Kamarajar or watever, for the level of literacy present now.... I wud rather give credit to the people who understood and realised the importance of Education and made it a point in their own mind to get educated.....

And so u see.. no matters how many IRON HANDED LEADERS U have.... if people decide not to have something, they will not have it.. as simple as that...

sri_gan
10-08-2003, 02:56 AM
And even in TN, I wud not give credit to Kamarajar or watever, for the level of literacy present now.... I wud rather give credit to the people who understood and realised the importance of Education and made it a point in their own mind to get educated.....

If there is no leader who would have not given a thought, there is nothing for the people.. I completely disagree with what you say and its not the people who understood by themselves to get the credit. Its a basic difference.

And so u see.. no matters how many IRON HANDED LEADERS U have.... if people decide not to have something, they will not have it.. as simple as that...

Well, you need to see leaders as strategy creators and achievers of their strategy.

அனல் பறக்கும் விவாதம் வரும் என நம்புகிறேன ்.

sweetie
10-08-2003, 02:58 AM
Crap ...... I dun believe it is the leaders who give a thought or alteast sow the seed's of the thought in peoples mind...... I WONT BUY THIS .... This is ridiculous man... I did not have ne leader influence my decision to have an education in the way I want to... come on.... Dun tell me people jus live their life based on leaders words... the world wud be a completely different place if that was the case....

anainar
10-08-2003, 03:23 AM

Sweetie,

The people do need to aspire for something. But to make them aspire and provide the necessary infrastructure is the leaders decision. If you dont have a school in your place, even if you want to learn, where will you go? And who can provide schools? You and I are possibly fortunate ones to have had parents who knew the importance of school. Not every child is fortunate. I am talking about primary/secondary schooling. Once you do that, what you want to do later is upto you. Definitely no leader can come tell you study this! They provide the platform on which you make your own decisions. And it is because of the literacy drive by successive govts in Tamilnadu& Kerala the percentage of primary education is above 90%

Iron handed leaders do make a difference, in drawing policies. It required on Iron Man Sardar Patel to send army to Hyderabad to quell the desire of the Nizam to be part of Pakistan. It required one Manmohan Singh to start open market juggernaut. You just cant deny these leaders credit for their decision.

I will add more as and when the vivaadham gets hotter.

Cheers.

sri_gan
10-08-2003, 03:27 AM
Crap ...... I dun believe it is the leaders who give a thought or alteast sow the seed's of the thought in peoples mind...... I WONT BUY THIS .... This is ridiculous man... I did not have ne leader influence my decision to have an education in the way I want to... come on.... Dun tell me people jus live their life based on leaders words... the world wud be a completely different place if that was the case....

I want to remember a vivek comedy here:

Movie: Palayathu Amman

Scene: Two samiyar fighting in a TV Station....

Athula Scene capture was: London Uk le ya irruku.. Naan Nambamatten

I cannot stop :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol:

vennai1
10-08-2003, 05:30 AM
Before 2000 years ago, one old man wrote

'Innaa seithaarai oruthal avar naana
nannayam seithu vidal.'

What a great thought ! :clap: :clap:

Whether we want to believe or not,

this is still true even now :)

Though it is not always possible to

stand by these golden words, atleast

let us try to act by it most of the times ;)

'Kathi eduthavan kathiyaale saavan' :(

Violence is not an answer for anything !

Hope you all underwear that ! ;)

sri_gan
10-08-2003, 11:43 AM
So nenga Gandhi side a vennai? Theliva sollunga anne...

Counter argument panne athu thane helpful a irrukum!

anainar
10-08-2003, 02:43 PM
Before 2000 years ago, one old man wrote

'Innaa seithaarai oruthal avar naana
nannayam seithu vidal.'

Vennai avargale,

Intha Thriuvalluvar, irukkaarey, avaru bada bejaaraana pulavarungo. His quotes keep changing with context. Athey pulavar innonnu solli irukkarungo in Padaimaatchi topicla, paarunga

Uruppamainthu ooranja velpadai venthan
verukaaiyul ellam thalai.

Enna solraarunna, a fearless army is the foremost among kings. possession. Underwear? Oru naatukku muthal thevai, bayamillaatha army to defend itself. This guy talks about setting priorities for government.

Neenga sonneegalay, that is for individual. A state has to be strong. Athunaal, Ahimsa is a good policy for individual, but not for a state.

Cheers

thirudan
10-08-2003, 03:58 PM
Good work anainar

Due to some difficulty I cud not participate in this healthy debate
but I am looking onto the messages its really nice that India has
produced so many rational fellas . Dei velnna kadasiya inga
vanthteeya .... enga underwear puranathha konjam eduthu udu.

dei sri_Gan U also nalla aatam podrey

nee innum adanagama aadu

sri_gan
10-08-2003, 03:59 PM
Oru Arasu eppadi irrukanum enbathai Arumuganainar Arumiya kondu vanthirukar :clap:

dinesh
10-08-2003, 05:56 PM
yes nainar.....but doesn't India have a strong army now itself.....what's the need for an even stronger one?

sri_gan
10-08-2003, 06:15 PM
Dinesh,

Avar enna sollurar na.. Army na.. Muppadai mattumala athai iyyakum thalavan the leader must also be strong enough.

Oru athigarame ithukaga dedicate panni irrukananga.

Naan oru step mela poi, Makings of statesman pathi inga kodukuren...

Athigaram: 39

Heading : MAKINGS OF A STATESMAN

381. Warriors, worthy citizens, wise council, warm friends, wealth
and wontage fort are makings of a leader among rulers

382. Courage munificence wisdom and zeal, in fulness,
are natural attributes of a ruler

383. Alacrity, knowledge and bravery are
essential accomplishments of a ruler

384. Unblemished virtue, free from vice, and enterprising
valor add dignity to governance

385. Producing, saving, protecting, regulating and equitably
distributing are salient features in governing wealth

386. An amiable disposition and courteous approach of a
ruler earns fame and prosperity for the land

387. Kindness in words and grace in dispensation, enables
the ruler to ideally shape up the land

388. Sound and humane justice in governance, protecting the
citizens, raises the ruler in esteem to a statesmen

389. The patience to bear with bitter truth and bold advice
is the umbrella protecting citizens of a wise ruler

390. Bountiful grace, justice, care and protection of society
are qualities of a leading light among rulers

Enjoy pannunga

anainar
10-08-2003, 06:26 PM
yes nainar.....but doesn't India have a strong army now itself.....what's the need for an even stronger one?

The issue is not whether we have strong army or not. We had two contrasting leaders who had diagonally opposite philosophies. Gandhi believed in Ahimsa and wanted the British to leave themselves, whils Subash considered them as agressors and wanted to drive them out by force. The leaders are no more, but their philosophies are still being relevant. India though has a strong army, is not a strong state. Our leaders and their decisions do not project India as a state which says "Dont mess with me". Every neighbour of ours have meddled with us, including the miniscule Bangladesh and we are sleeping or just talking. It is a hangover of Ahimsa policy, that has gone into the blood of every Congress leaders.

That is what we are not talking about. It is not about whether we have strong army or not. We dont have leaders who are strong. Subash was a strong leader that way.

Avlo thaan namma sarakku.

Cheers

sri_gan
10-08-2003, 06:27 PM
That is what we are not talking about. It is not about whether we have strong army or not. We dont have leaders who are strong. Subash was a strong leader that way.

Pathiya naan enna sonnenu...

If you guys like the above thirukurals, how to improve sectionle i requested something related with thirukural. Ungal karuthaium share pannungal...

Ungal vasathikaga ennal mudintha oru uthavi:

http://www.geetham.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2298

sabeshan
11-10-2003, 06:08 AM
Yove main matterae british india vai 20th century la thaan overaa loot pannaanga... for their industries and world wars.... namakku mattum force moolama independence kidachchirundha naatula pru bayamum irundhirukkum... gandhiyoda ahimsa naala ellarum govt. um appdi thaan mudivu panni nalla kollai adikka aarambichchittanga.... my vote goes for SUBHASH CHANDRA BOSE.

JAI HIND

vennai1
11-10-2003, 10:43 PM
mr. sabestian,

democracy-la ethukku orutharai paarthu innoruthar

bayam kolla vendum :nono: :nono:

bayathaal sathipathu ethuvum nirandaram illai anbare :nono: :P