PDA

View Full Version : England -India test series

katteri
03-01-2006, 01:36 PM
First test: Nagpur:
Day1: England 246/7

Considering the flat pitch on day 1. Indian bowlers never allowed English batsmen to dominate and they scored less than 3 runs an over....

With ball expected to turn much.India need to build a huge first innings total

goodcomplanboy
03-01-2006, 06:11 PM
With ball expected to turn much.India need to build a huge first innings total

Yup it will be tough to play in the 4th innings. India's strategy should be simple. Wrap up the tail as soon as possible tomorrow morning. Build a huge first innings total and try to bundle out England as quickly as possible or atleast without a huge target to win. Sounds simple, but little tough, given the condition of the pitch. Bhajji and Kumble might prove crucial.

Shy
03-01-2006, 06:47 PM
test series ethu irunthaalum eppadi paakureenga... whole 4 days or so for a single game.. :evil: :evil:
test or one day.. anything as long as its cricket.. eppadi unga naala parka mudiyarathu..GRRRRRR

you guys :doh: sandai avarkooda yesterday because of this :evil: :evil:

Shy

goodcomplanboy
03-01-2006, 06:49 PM
you guys sandai avarkooda yesterday because of this

achacho ethukku sandai podureenga. Ippo neenga serials' interest'a paakureengal ille (I mean women in general). Athey maathiri thaan engalukku sports'le oru interest :)

katteri
03-01-2006, 08:51 PM
Well i never woke up early in the morning to study or to do any work ...but i woke up at 3 am to watch match against new zealand and australia.

Remember toronto series....It starts at 7.30 pm IST and ends at 3 pm....

It is so fun to watch test match especially when the opponent (visiting side) is on the 4th innings....

SPinners will take most of the wickets...
Kaif shdnt be in the squad they shd have taken Raina, as he can bowl...

goodcomplanboy
03-01-2006, 09:41 PM
Kaif shdnt be in the squad they shd have taken Raina, as he can bowl...

I kind of felt the same. But he should also be given fair chance right. I guess he played well against Zimbabwe :think:

katteri
03-02-2006, 10:15 AM
England 393
India 72/1 (26.2 ov)

They left collingwood to score a century...He is one batsman who keeps hurting us....

goodcomplanboy
03-02-2006, 08:18 PM
They left collingwood to score a century...He is one batsman who keeps hurting us....

True, he played really well against Bhajji (a little off-color bhajji) and Kumble. Still Kumble hasnt got good assistance from the pitch. I guess he is gonna be the key in the 2nd innings

emyesbee
03-02-2006, 11:01 PM
Wasim Jaffer is playing really well I think. And Dravid as usual a very composed player. starting his strike rate was around 11.00 scoring 4/5 runs of 50 odd balls; then slowly it increased. He is trully a marvellous player

I just yest saw the 5th ODI Ind=Pak highlights Oh man! sreesanth is bowling rerally well. I am seeing him for the first time bowling. The wicket he got, I think it is M. Yousuf, using his bowling crease intellingently. He just went a little far from the center and bowled from edge of the crease the batsman thought it will come in so he played at it but the ball after pitching went away and got the edge and went to the keeper. Great delivery; interlligent bowling. I think he is a bowler who will stay for us for a long time. His action is very clean and he normally comes close to the stumps and bowwls that is a good sign of a good fast bowler. Best of luck to him :b:

katteri
03-03-2006, 11:29 AM
Indian batting collapsed again....
How many times will VVS laxman will get out in this fashion??

He is susceptible to ball that is pitched outside the offstump and moving in sharply.....

His legs dont move quickly....

India 190/7

Sachin got out to Panesar....

Kaif and Kumble rescued with a 121 runs partnership
Socre now 311/7

katteri
03-03-2006, 11:57 AM
318/8 kumble out for 58

emyesbee
03-03-2006, 01:51 PM
Kaif and Kumble did well to get stuck there and score runs. Otherwise it would have been a terrible performance by India. Still India is not safe but it is on OK kinda situation.

katteri
03-03-2006, 02:04 PM
kaif bowled by a ripper

322/9

Narayana
03-03-2006, 02:36 PM
waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.. couldn't watch the match... had college.. they're not showing higlights too...
322/9.. i expected something better against this depleted English.. aand they dont have Jones...
wonder what happenes if trescothick and party return...

emyesbee
03-05-2006, 11:30 AM
India gng for a win? :)

Harbhajan in after pathan and dhoni got out in trying to score quick runs. But sachin is there. The natch is really interesting :)

253/5 115 runs in 78 balls...seems little diffcult. But Sachin there still to come Laxman and Kaif.

emyesbee
03-05-2006, 11:39 AM
Match drawn :)

valluvan
03-05-2006, 12:24 PM
goin to be a thrilling one. :P

Narayana
03-05-2006, 02:38 PM
bad light...match drawn.. but sachin's 28 was thrilling to watch.. mayb i am biased :ee: