PDA

View Full Version : Why God created Man/Woman

Shy
03-15-2006, 10:36 PM
Was reading some article in the net, appo came through such a question.

Why God created man( or woman )

Not the Adam and Eve thing, in general, why would he create us? whats that he want us to do or to know??? along that line :)

Let me know your thoughts, if it helps, can explain from your religion point of view too.

Shy

Shy
03-15-2006, 11:03 PM
I actually would like to know different religions explanation for that :ee:

Shy

dinesh
03-15-2006, 11:19 PM
Maybe god didn't create man and woman. How do we know that god did create man and woman? Suppose god couldn't be bothered, and let evolution follow its path??.... :think:

Shy
03-15-2006, 11:24 PM
mm.. good thought.. :think:

So let me assume u are going to take an atheist stand in this discussion then? Because if you were to believe that God existed then wouldnt he planned this whole thing?

Shy

dinesh
03-15-2006, 11:31 PM
Because if you were to believe that God existed then wouldnt he planned this whole thing?
God existing does not imply he created man and woman. Maybe he just created an environment which is suitable for life and let nature follow its path. Maybe he just made sure enough water was available in a planet already created by other means. Maybe he just sat there doing nothing at all. We don't really know do we? So unless you are asking all the contributers to assume god exists and also define the range of powers god has, it is going to be awfully hard to explain why he created people.....

So let me assume u are going to take an atheist stand in this discussion then?
I would like to sit down somewhere comfy actually, but otherwise I think assuming non-existence of god is one way of looking at it too.... :b:

vasan
03-15-2006, 11:48 PM
D- :P :P

If you believe in a God, and follow any one of the 'major' religions, and 'know' reasonably well about what the religion teaches or follows, Shy would like to know, what that teaches about why God (He/She/It/nature) 'created' human beings..

Okvaa? Not meant to exclude or assume or nothing.. just would like to know the teachings of major religions on this topic..

So.. :ee:

v- :sm12: :sm12:

ps: For a dude, who is probably not a lawyer, you ask too many kustins.. :Ksp: enna vishayam.. :P :P

Bluelotus
03-15-2006, 11:56 PM
I strongly believe that God had nothing to do with it. Simply cos if he did then I can't see why he woudl make such silly imperfect beings anayway.
and also the whole creationism myth is just wayyyyyyy uncool.

so I like to think I'm an accident :D
just molecules bouncing around, got together at the worng moment and eneded up as "life" or whatever was closer to it at the time.

evolution is far more fun.

blue.

Bluelotus
03-16-2006, 12:01 AM
Not meant to exclude or assume or nothing.. just would like to know the teachings of major religions on this topic..

So..

v-

okie, in that case let me rephrase it :think:
the God I believe in is just everywhere and is everything (omini-everything) and he strongly believes in Brownian motion, so the whole thing just happened cos he was having fun and not planning.

blue.

PS: take it as u like but evlution still is cooler than the other creationism stuff, so I don't really care how you take it :ahha:

ashokcsn_2000
03-16-2006, 12:50 AM
In nature everthing has a balance and a counterbalance and that is what man and woman are... and It would be a very boring place with just all men around...

ashok

women illainaa apparam velaikku varathu, college poi padikkarathu ellAmE suththa waste....

Minnie
03-16-2006, 01:59 AM
creat'a vidukongo....me wondering why he has to take the life back???doesnt he know how their family member will miss them :oops:

suha
03-16-2006, 03:13 AM
I dont no :Ksp:

maybe true or false.. who knows :?

=======

micks ...if god not take the life back....world la population increase agidumeei :Ksp:

thats why :?

Bluelotus
03-16-2006, 10:41 AM
creat'a vidukongo....me wondering why he has to take the life back???doesnt he know how their family member will miss them :oops:

:00: :00: :00:

listen to suha ...she's got it in one

think of all the pollution, and lack of resources, and etc etc it would create absolute havoc if no one died ever... :00:

why men and women...simply to assure a better way to reproduce I think... :think:
and why reproduce istead of keeping the population static...I don't know...
maybe because if you have learned everything to learn and eveything to see, you'll get bored and want to end it anyway.

paulraj
03-16-2006, 12:31 PM
Life is not created by god ..But there is some superficial power which controls all the things in Universe. We may call it as GOD or Nature. Whatever it may be, but it is trying to keep everything balanced. That’s why god or nature has created male /female, night/day, hot/cold, positive/negative etc.,

This is the interesting link which explain the "beginning of life"

[web:a1ea540039]http://www.bioteach.ubc.ca/Biodiversity/origin/index.html[/web:a1ea540039]

Shy
03-18-2006, 03:04 PM
acho ellarum scientifica pesureenga :oops: :?

I mean there should be some reason for us to be humans right? Like be Good and reach heaven or something like that? antha mathiri religious way'la keten.. :oops: ellarum romba hi-techa poiteengo poongo.. :evil: :evil:

Shy

vasan
03-18-2006, 07:20 PM
God created the heavens and the earth. Evolution was the technique that God used. Perhaps.

~~~~~

Shy,

Some bit of what I know about Bible and Christianity..

The bible does not talk about answers to questions on : Why.. Meaning there are no direct questions or answers to several philoshopical questions such as why are we here on earth, what is the purpose of honeybees and honeysuckles, why is there pain and suffering, why does justice not always triumph...

Bible only says that God knows all things, and is Almighty and all pure and just and such similar attributes. Rest of the philosophical parts of Christianity are plainly whatever we can infer or build logically and consistenly from the basic teachings and all that is included in the bible. Plenty of things that people did and God disliked, and ton of things God 'appreciates' in people.. that sorta thing..

One example: Why should we treat everybody equal? (Jesus DID not say - in those terms).. but he did quote from old testament: Love your neighbour... and in another place, the Bible also says, God created man/woman in his own image. So the inference is, that every man and woman (irrespective of faith, color, race, language... whatever) is created in God's image (not shape, but inherent nature and qualities), and therefore we must love them, and treat them equal.

Such is the case for most philosophical arguments in Christianity. Which is what most Christian philosophers, from Thomas Aquinas, to Kierkagaard to much more recent C.S. Lewis and Francis Schaeffer have been working and studying on..

They don't always get things right, but sooner or later, newer people come forth and study and change the general philosophy of the works..

so.. thats is the general part of the story.. now coming to the specific question..

~~~~~~~~

I am not sure what philosophical contents on why God created man or even the world ?...

Only thing that is even remotely close is on various comments on God's relationship with mankind and ... and families, growing up and together and showing kindness and offering a helping hand to others is sorta the thing God himself wishes..

In some sense, man/woman are sorta like representatives of God on earth.. Therefore we must live 'Godly' lives, and be the extended arms and hands of God.. meaning God shows mercy and offers help for the suffering and poor - both through 'miraculous' means as well as through us (that is we should help them with all our best)..

So, yeah.. my understanding is that, I don't know the cosmic, complete blue print of why God wants people/earth or me.. But the related question of God wanting to be with me, and wants to work (show his attributes of kindness, mercy) through my activities.. is sorta true.

I think so.. Beyond that is philosophical enquiry I have not made, and am not intelligent enough to answer.. :( :(

I hope this partially helps you understand the christian view point on this question.. Others in the forum might be able to explain it better (or discredit my whole view point :P).. :b:

~~~~~~~~~~

Having read that how capable I was in explaining the Christian view point, you can imagine what contributions I can make on other religious views. :P :P Didn't they say, ignorance is a bliss.. :wink: :P

Curious to know views from others as well.. :b:

Vasan

butterfly
03-18-2006, 11:31 PM
Good question shy :b:

Blues wrote,
why men and women...simply to assure a better way to reproduce I think...
and why reproduce istead of keeping the population static...I don't know...

My thoughts are almost same

Only thing that is even remotely close is on various comments on God's relationship with mankind and ... and families, growing up and together and showing kindness and offering a helping hand to others is sorta the thing God himself wishes..

I wud also add he created human for a purpose....he his given us each a job to do...do we do it is another question :)

Shy
03-19-2006, 12:21 AM
Vasan.. Thanks much :b:

So if I am understanding correctly, it means, we need to lead Godly lives and thats to help others illaiyaa.. If he wanted us to help and lead Godly lives, then why would he create most of us as - self -centered, greedy and stone-hearted people, who even though they see the people in suffering, just move on with their own life. OR.. Why create people who feelhappy by hurting others or making them suffer?

Athu thaan puriyalai. He created us, may be he could have created us all like him, prefect in all ways and this world would be the best place for all of us. but he created us with free will, to choose between the right and wrong. Then he wants us to lead a Godly live, like him. What is he expecting from us.. Is this life some type of test??

Athu thaan innum puriyalai :oops:

Shy

butterfly
03-19-2006, 12:29 AM
Athu thaan puriyalai. He created us, may be he could have created us all like him, prefect in all ways and this world would be the best place for all of us. but he created us with free will, to choose between the right and wrong. Then he wants us to lead a Godly live, like him. What is he expecting from us.. Is this live some type of test??

Athu thaan innum puriyalai

Shy,
the way i see it its simple...Our parents grow us up explaining to us about good & bad.....but wat we do is our choice illaiya?...can we blame our parents for our evil doings?....Just coz they give us the choice does that mean they are testing us?

God loves us so much as our parents do...& given us the choice to do wat is right....but we often gets influenced by ppl & are mislead to evilways :(

valluvan
03-19-2006, 04:09 AM
Why God created man( or woman )

I am still searching an answer for this question since it struck in my mind some time before. Seriously, I still haven't found any answer till now.

In a single word...to live and struggle in the earth. :think: :? don't know, shy.

coolian
03-29-2006, 06:59 AM
If I knew the answer, I wouldn't be here. I would have attained moksha.

Let's put it this way. A 5 year old kid is not going to understand the role quantum mechanics plays in the Theory of Everything without a deep understanding of mathematics, physics etc. He can fire questions non-stop, of course, but being spoon-fed the answer without understanding the language of math and physics (eg. what atoms are) is not going to enlighten him.

My point is this. We can ask all the questions we want - why are we here in the first place, why are there "bad things" happening around us etc etc. But unless we strive to find the answers within ourselves through spiritual means or whatever, just asking "why" is certainly not going to get us anywhere.

Narayana
03-29-2006, 05:17 PM
i agree with cools. just like a human being living in 3-D cant visualise a higher dimension, i think we cant make thoeries about creation and all.
coming back to the qn., why were we created? I think we were created to find an answer to this question. :EE: Seriously. Why are we here? I dont think just intellect or reasoning is going to lead us to an answer. here's where the good and bad comes in. if you follow the good path( as all religions eventually try to say ) you will find the answer, whether it be paradise , or moksha or whatever.

Shy
03-29-2006, 05:56 PM
Valluvare... me too :oops: :oops:

cools, Narayana.. I totally agree with u guys... :b: :b: :b:

but the reason I asked was, as I said earlier in my posts and also vasan might have explained.. I thought different religion might have answered this question and wanted to know what it was...

Shy