PDA

View Full Version : SPAM In Geetham - We are working on it.. :)

vasan
08-11-2006, 06:26 AM
Attention: Dear Geetham Family,

Off late you might have noticed several junk/obscene/unwanted posts in the forum, espcially in the Blogs section as well as in the Help section.

We are trying our best at the moment (which is deleting those posts and banning the users/IPs).. And working on solutions that will prevent such posts.

We believe its the web-bots (automatic programs that prowl in the net and post stuff, advertising their website in various disguises) do this sorta work. So, its going to take a little longer.

In the meantime, please let us know any post that you might notice in Geetham with links that are suspicious (and from newest users !!). DO NOT click those links, but click the little blue button at the top corner of the posts (which will let all the mods know about that)..

Our sincere apologies for all the problems associated with such things - and hope that you will be patient a little longer, until we fix it.

Thanks again :sm08:

On behalf of all of us in Geetham, :wink:

Vasan :ee:

yogesh220
08-11-2006, 06:47 AM
we all understand the hardwork you adminsa dn moderators put in...so we will all try to our best too.... thanks for all your time.........

ns80
08-11-2006, 08:47 AM
how about adding word verification at signup :think: (donno if bots have grown sophisticated)

BTW didnt we have email verification before (atleast during the times i signed up) :think: doesnt seem to work now :Ksp:

katteri
08-11-2006, 09:01 AM
how about adding word verification at signup (donno if bots have grown sophisticated)

Bala needs time to work on it.

As Vasan said, pls let us know we are trying to maintain the forum as clean as possible.

sri_gan
08-11-2006, 01:05 PM
Thanks vasan for bringing up this post.

Geetham kannugala.....

If you guys see any misnorm post... just give a blue card... (it will be just above the post near the quote button) We will bust them including their ip range. Right now we added tons of ips/ids into the ban list so spams kami aganum... (you never know) just in case if you guys see let us know.

Nengalum help panna enga vellai innum koncham easy airum...

LGRAJ
08-11-2006, 01:38 PM
we all understand ...

Shy
08-11-2006, 02:23 PM
Vasan :b:

Please be aware guys and let us know..

Thanks much

Shy

Narayana
08-11-2006, 04:58 PM
i knew u wud. :)

sWEEtmICHe
08-11-2006, 07:38 PM
NOTED CHELLS.....

san2003
08-12-2006, 12:42 AM
hope this can be fixed... true.. too many spam :)
mods u guys doin good job :b: keep it up :)

Cinderella
08-12-2006, 03:28 AM
Mods keep it up........... :b:

On our side we'll help as much as possible... :D

choclet
08-19-2006, 12:25 PM
Attention: Dear Geetham Family,

Off late you might have noticed several junk/obscene/unwanted posts in the forum, espcially in the Blogs section as well as in the Help section.

We are trying our best at the moment (which is deleting those posts and banning the users/IPs).. And working on solutions that will prevent such posts.

We believe its the web-bots (automatic programs that prowl in the net and post stuff, advertising their website in various disguises) do this sorta work. So, its going to take a little longer.

In the meantime, please let us know any post that you might notice in Geetham with links that are suspicious (and from newest users !!). DO NOT click those links, but click the little blue button at the top corner of the posts (which will let all the mods know about that)..

Our sincere apologies for all the problems associated with such things - and hope that you will be patient a little longer, until we fix it.

Thanks again :sm08:

On behalf of all of us in Geetham, :wink:

Vasan :ee:
good to hear this :b:

ns80
08-20-2006, 12:38 PM
spams idhu varaikkum help and faq's la dhaane vandhudhu. ippo hot threads'layum vara arambichuruchu :snooty: :snooty:

new signups mukkavasiyum phpBB inbuilt feature'a thaan irukkum. dont think it would require Bala to add a module. morover this was a feature that existed in geetham during the days i joined.

Shy
08-21-2006, 05:46 PM
Nana.. Techinala enna pananumnu theriyumma unakku.. if so, can you just PM Bala about the tips.. may be he will be able to do it fast than to think and chose the right solution :think:

Thanks a lot pa.

Shy

ns80
08-21-2006, 06:07 PM
i havent seen how a phpBB admin panel looks like. one reason i suggested that solution was bcos it existed in geetham, and email verification on signup is something very basic and shud be built-in. anyways shall PM him with what I posted above. he'd defenitely be knowing the 'how-tos'

Shy
08-21-2006, 07:46 PM
Thanks much Nana :) :sm08:

Shy

Horizon2004
08-24-2006, 05:15 AM
After a long time, I'm back to geetham. I happened to visit a site f-portal.com, shocked, sort of escaped through my eRas..so, Geetham is not safe.

ns80
08-25-2006, 03:40 PM
Smart move. locked Help and FAQs huh ? :P :P :P

sri_gan
08-27-2006, 11:14 AM
Smart move. locked Help and FAQs huh ?
:ee: