butter / ghee
salt
pav bhaji masala
turmeric powder
lemon juice
coriander leaves

Ppn :

cut vegetables - cabbage,carrot,onion - finely chopped
cook the cut cabbage,carrot,green peas in cooker and leave it for 1 whistle,so that it gets mashed easily.
boil potatoes separately.
then in a pan,add oil,then add chopped onion and once it turns golden brown,add tomatoes and fry it too with green chillies.Then grind the fried onion and tomato into a paste. The need of frying and then grinding is to avoid the raw smell of onion.
then in the pan,add butter,and add this paste and stir well and then add the cooked vegs followed by boiled potatoes and mash them well to get in the form of paste.Add pinch of turmeric powder for color,if needed coloring agent can also be added.
once mashed, add the pav bhaji masala and salt.
finally switch off the burner and add lemon juice and coriander leaves.
while serving,add chopped onion and serve with pav.

Pav ppn:

Divide the pav into 2 pieces and then add butter/ghee in pan and toast the pav and serve.

tinker
09-05-2006, 03:02 PM
you put cabbage for pauv bhaji :Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp: .... add capsicum and it will be real good ....

sanravi_1970
09-05-2006, 03:10 PM
ya i have mentioned cabbage, but i havn't tried adding capsicum,will try next time, people also add cauli flower tooo

tinker
09-05-2006, 03:13 PM
San - yes I forgot cauliflower too :) ....

Shy
09-05-2006, 03:19 PM
cabbage :think: :think: never added that thou... will try it next time.. i hate eating stuff with bread.. but ennoda northy friendskku ithu seiven :)

Shy

yasodha
09-05-2006, 03:43 PM
San...you mentioned about pav baaji masala...tell us how to prepare that masala???is it like garam masala????

sanravi_1970
09-05-2006, 04:00 PM
no yasodha, it is available in stores as pav bhaji masala, i got that and jus like that added it...

yasodha
09-05-2006, 07:20 PM
ok San....thanks....will try.... :b:

lasik
09-05-2006, 10:18 PM
i dont like cauliflower smell in pavbhaji.so i dont put that. rest is ok. u can also add green beans.

sanravi_1970
09-05-2006, 11:42 PM
oh is it!!

vasan
09-06-2006, 01:50 AM
once mashed, add the pav bhaji masala and salt.
finally switch off the burner and add lemon juice and coriander leaves.

How long do we wait between 'add the pav bhaji masala and salt' and 'finally switch off'??

add and turn off the stove immediately? 2 mins? 10 mins? :think:

~~~~~~~~~~~~

One not-so related question.. why is Harbhajan Singh called, bhaji? :00: :sm12: :sm12:

What on earth is a 'bhaji'?? Pav- I am told is not short name for Pavlov, but is hindi for bread.. :think: Why can't we call it bread masala dish for easy understanding? :Ksp:

ada-paavs.. :ee:

v-

lasik
09-06-2006, 02:01 AM
pav--- bread or bun

bhaji -- curry

pavbhaji = bread with curry

neenga oru fast food start panni ella hindi dishes um ipdi name change panni vechudunga... :P

vasan
09-06-2006, 02:03 AM
pav--- bread or bun

bhaji -- curry

pavbhaji = bread with curry

with- kku enna hindi-la? why is that missing? :wink: :P :P

ok..okie.. adikka varaatheenga.. :sm03: :sm03:

Danke Schoen, Frau Lasik.. :sm08:

v-

lasik
09-06-2006, 02:07 AM
Danke Schoen, Frau Lasik..