PDA

View Full Version : would you spy on your kids?

Bluelotus
10-02-2006, 01:17 AM
Being a Teenager is hard, and being parents of teenagers is apparently even harder...

so would you ever resort to spying on your child/children?

like reading their diary? sms? emails?
checking their pockets.... checking under their beds?

or do you have such a trust in your little demonic angels that you will never ever worry about the question itself... :p

butterfly
10-02-2006, 05:17 PM
Blues,
I dunno if i will or i will not....

But i know some parents do....a 11 yr old wanted to catch a movie with her friend...she asked her parents...her parents let her go...so both gals were watching the movie & when she turned back she saw her elder sis sitting behind...poor gal was so embarrased ....she was very hurt of wat her parents & her sis did...

at time parents do get overprotective & spy on their kids but the way i see it....it can cause negative effects.

sWEEtmICHe
10-02-2006, 06:52 PM
a good discussion blue-- ,
i was brought up in a freedom way, so i would not do that (spying),
sometimes spying helps to solve and interact too :sm05:

Bluelotus
10-02-2006, 09:56 PM
I don't know about reading diaries and looking under beds. But if I have children I'll probably tag them with a microchip so I'll know where they are. This would mean they can't runaway from home, or be kidnapped :ahha:

I don't know, this is all just hypothetical, and a tad on the dramatic side :wink:

I saw this on an article on msn.com a couple days ago... and it would be interesting to discuss... Asian parents are notoriously overprotective and sneaky, after all

vijitha
10-03-2006, 02:48 AM
i don't know.. i think if i have boy i wouldn't spy on him.. but if i a gal.. then hell yeah....

suha
10-03-2006, 03:07 AM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, dont no whts that:o if mamma is here maybe or maynot be , because iam her little angle she wont hurt me at all:p about my dad he is my boyfreind :p

Shy
10-03-2006, 02:14 PM
hmm... Good question.

Will I spy my kids??? ofcourse I will.

Not because of me just not trusting them or anything, but at that age, there are lot more other things that can influence them more than the love the parents shower.

Peer Pressure is one reason. Acceptance in the group.

So personally I feel its always good to keep an eye on them during those times.

More later. :twisted:

Shy

Bluelotus
10-03-2006, 02:22 PM
Viji,
How coem you woudln't spy on sons but on daughters? from my experience I can honestly tell you that daughters are angels (check out Suha :wink: )and sons are nitwits (ie my darling brother :ee: )

Shy akka,
aren't children owed a litle privacy? after all they have to make mistakes to learn from them, and to become better individuals.... don't you think?

but what the heck I'm still going to tag the kids, the family pets and the hubby :wink:
(jokes peeps jokes... )

anainar
10-03-2006, 03:30 PM
Spy the kids??? Hell no, whether boy or girl. Have a bit of protective net in an unobtrusive way. But no spying. We can ask casually what happened and show interest in their lives and they will obviously open up to discuss things.

But I still dont understand why we grown ups think the children need censorship and control. I believe that we the adults have a lot to learn from kids. And kids these days are super sensible and super smart. Show them good things and they will be good kids. No need to spy. By spying, you will make him/her spy her children also later...

No spying, and spies always die a miserable death. So, let them be themselves.

Cheers

vasan
10-03-2006, 04:28 PM
No spying, and spies always die a miserable death. So, let them be themselves.

Cheers

How about James Bond, then? Spies live charmed lives.. ;)

Bluelotus
10-03-2006, 08:41 PM
: think: we've got to kill him off don't we ;-) James bond that is :ahha:

Anainar ... rezpect ... as someone here used to say... but I suppose not all kids are open sensible and smart.... therein lies the dilema... or it could be not all parents are approachable...

Shy
10-03-2006, 09:10 PM
Shy akka,
aren't children owed a litle privacy? after all they have to make mistakes to learn from them, and to become better individuals.... don't you think?

Correct thaan Sweetlotus.

I m not saying that we shud spy in all that they do in their life. I am saying that in stuff that might cost their life, career, etc, we shud have a check on always : Where they are going, Is there were they are going actually, do they really have the friends they say they hv, are they really doing group study in that friends house? etc.. we can do that very causually and not hurting them. Ennaikkum oru check panrathu thappe illai.

Ofcourse we can bring them up like anainar said showing ll the good things.. but that age will pressure them to try out the other side too.. athukku thaan check venumnu solren..once happened, u can give loads of advice, but whats the use????????????

Shy

Bluelotus
10-03-2006, 09:26 PM
..once happened, u can give loads of advice, but whats the use????????????

Shy

they won't make that same mistake ever again?
and unless you have done some very criminal actvity ... you can always recover from setbacks...

But I do undertsand what you mean.... Just that your children may end up relying on you completely if you keep being too watchful and over protective...

and I don't know... I don't ever want to find out what they do in group study sessions apart from studying ...yikes! if I ever find it unpalatable yikes!

Shy
10-03-2006, 09:36 PM
hahahahaha.....

true.. but as years goes by, as anainar mentioned got to talk to them about what can happen, etc etc but still got to have a check. So after sometime, I think they can decide themselves rationally even with the pressure I think.

Shy

vennpuraa
10-03-2006, 10:09 PM
i don't know.. i think if i have boy i wouldn't spy on him.. but if i a gal.. then hell yeah....
neenga ean oru pakkasaarpa irukkireenga???

ippidi oraalaa spy pannurathaalai........they tend to hide lots of staffs from u......

u can ask them.....wat u did.....who u talk or anything.......... but reading diaries or ......reading personal mails.......athu avalavu nalla irukkaathu

spy panna vellikidaa pirakku etho virothamaathaan paarpaanga...........so try to be a friend..............be a good friend

ellathaium unkalidam solluramathi valarthaa......spy panna vendiya avasiyam illai rite

sorry yaaraium hurt panni iruthaaal......and thappa ethum sonnaa mannikkavum

Shy
10-04-2006, 03:25 AM
Why sorry puraa.. unga opinion solreengo.. tharaalama solalaam... viji and others here thappa nenaika mataanga :)

Shy

Cinderella
10-04-2006, 04:56 AM
can have little control over their children...but spying no way... :wink:

suha
10-04-2006, 05:44 AM
if parents will talking to their children like a freinds ? why should they hide anyhthing to them:rolleyes: ...... i should tell to my maama wht in my mind and wht i am doing too:p