PDA

View Full Version : Retired Husband Syndrome

coolian
11-14-2006, 03:38 AM
What the (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/this_world/6143010.stm)...

coolian
11-14-2006, 03:42 AM
I wonder...do the married ladies of Geetham feel this way?

:-D

If that's the case, looks like you'll have to start a support group for this purpose!

anainar
11-14-2006, 04:12 AM
Cools,

I still have a lot of time to reach that state, but hey, if she wants to live apart, so be it. I will enjoy life as it is. என்னத்துக் கு பொண்டாட்டி என்னைச் சுததி வைப்பாட்டி .. :sm12: :sm12:

But seriously, if relations stoop to such a level, divorce is the best option and puruse one's own life, instead of being with a person who feels sick with your physical presence.

And the study missed out an important part. Where are the children of this old people? Are'nt they supposed to be a bridge? :think:

Cheers

Narayana
11-14-2006, 04:24 AM
"When I thought about my husband being at home, I developed rashes on my body and had stomach ache,"....

....................:mjpu;r;rp ::mjpu;r;rp:.................. ...

Shy
11-14-2006, 02:16 PM
I wonder...do the married ladies of Geetham feel this way?

:-D

If that's the case, looks like you'll have to start a support group for this purpose!

Abishtu .. :doh: yaara appadi think panuvaalaa?

Loosu japanese.. maangu maangu'nu work worknu irukaanga, avangalukku family lifeum mechanicala poiduthu.. athaan problemae..

Shy

Bluelotus
11-14-2006, 04:46 PM
hmmm sad...

they don't want to divorce their spouses though...they just need to get to know one another again...

Shy
11-17-2006, 02:49 AM
hmmm sad...

they don't want to divorce their spouses though...they just need to get to know one another again...

after all these years :think:

Shy

ns80
11-19-2006, 07:17 AM
they just need to get to know one another again

I wonder if they know each other at the first place (other than each others' names).
~~~~~~~

Their husbands may be "salarymen" or white collar workers, who leave home in the early hours, and return merely to sleep.

If you have such a job, why marry ?

Bluelotus
11-19-2006, 04:49 PM
after all these years :think:

Shy

Relationships aren't static. You might fall in love with a person, then emotions fade with time if you don't keep up with it....
So it isn't a very bad idea getting to know the person again, especially after such a long time, since they would have changed too as you would have.

And it'll be fun to fall in love a second time :wink:

NS,
I'm sure they did....but life gets in the way... so do children, mortgages, savings, pension plans, tuitions fees...
it's hard to keep everything in perspectives all of the time...
It's easier to just assume that the one person you fell in love with and decided to marry, will be there all the time.

Idiot
11-19-2006, 06:03 PM
Relationships aren't static. You might fall in love with a person, then emotions fade with time if you don't keep up with it....
So it isn't a very bad idea getting to know the person again, especially after such a long time, since they would have changed too as you would have.

blue, if u r in love in someone after understading them very well how the emotions will fade? :think:

yes sometimes v get misunderstanding but it doesnt mean that v r completely in opposite poles. if some one well understood each other once then i think no need of rebuilding the whole relationship. Even after this they get problem within eachother it may be becos of overpossessiveness on each other. :ee:

Who havent understood each other for years and lived together can try the option of knowing each othere very well.

katteri
11-19-2006, 07:59 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Absolutely true....

Bcos everyone changes as we move towards the destiny...#

With sri's permission..

change is always a constant

Idiot
11-20-2006, 12:42 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

With sri's permission..

change is always a constant

but i dont think relationship especially between well understood persons change much :snooty: :ee:

katteri
11-20-2006, 09:21 AM
but i dont think relationship especially between well understood persons change much :snooty: :ee:

I will explain with an example...

As a young child .. u will love u r mom much......

as u grow older u ll love u r siblings better

and finally u r better half will be the world...

isn't there a change ....in intensity of love....

due to this relnship also changes

Idiot
11-20-2006, 03:50 PM
I will explain with an example...

As a young child .. u will love u r mom much......

as u grow older u ll love u r siblings better

and finally u r better half will be the world...

isn't there a change ....in intensity of love....

due to this relnship also changes

yes in the old age we dont hate our mom right. we will have same love even more affectino as they are old isnt it?

of course v meet some new peoples as u said siblings, v may also love them but the love what v had on our parents will not change at any time. :snooty:

Bluelotus
11-20-2006, 10:09 PM
blue, if u r in love in someone after understading them very well how the emotions will fade? :think:

I was going to say: "muthal poiy kathal pannungo, athukku piragu vanthu kelungo" ....but decided not too :wink:

yes sometimes v get misunderstanding but it doesnt mean that v r completely in opposite poles. if some one well understood each other once then i think no need of rebuilding the whole relationship. Even after this they get problem within eachother it may be becos of overpossessiveness on each other. :ee:

The problem of the retired husband syndrome, is that these ppl may have fallen in love, married had children, but after that lost touch with each other as human beings.
It's not that the wives stoped loving their husbands, they just don't know who they are.
Japan was build on a workaholic principle in the last century. That's how they managed their economic growth, I think (i'm not really sure about this)

Eggy, even with just your normal friends, if you don't spend time with them after a while, you lose touch with them. you won't know the person they evolved into. the same applies to married ppl.

In asian marriages, it's hard to ascertain that. For examples, couples of my parents' and grandparents' generations don't necessarily know each other that well, or even understood each others goals and dreams.
It was easy then too. Women just did whatever their husbands told them too, to an extent. They would nod away like tanjore dolls, when the need arose.
The men might be loving, but how much do they truly know of their wives.

See old couples work differently.
You just get married and get on with life!

just because they are still together after 45 years does not mean they understand each other perfectly well.

When you fall in love, don't do it like the Tamil movies :wink:
actaully talk and have conversation, so that neither of you get the "retired spouse" syndrome :ee:
(I'm kidding ...don't take it seriously...)

You know this isn't that odd a syndrome...
westerners have it too...but usually the husband sufferes :ahha:

Bluelotus
11-20-2006, 10:10 PM
or eggy better yet....go read a couple women's glossy magazines :wink: :wink:

zephr
11-29-2006, 05:22 PM

WELL SAID MS BLUE ....... :clap:
2ND CHANCE , MAYBE ........:)

Balavijay
11-30-2006, 12:09 PM
Abishtu .. :doh: yaara appadi think panuvaalaa?

Loosu japanese.. maangu maangu'nu work worknu irukaanga, avangalukku family lifeum mechanicala poiduthu.. athaan problemae..

Shy
haha........ well said teacher :)