PDA

View Full Version : What makes u happy? Past memories or Future dreams

Shy
12-01-2006, 02:33 AM
Saw this is some blog. It seems this pattimandram happened in US somewhere.
solomon sir, the favorite raja and bharathi participated pola irukku.

Thought we could have the same in our Geetham Pattimandram.

So guys, here you go....

Subject - What makes u happy? Past memories or Future Dreams.

Geetham Rules:

(1) Please choose the side and each side should have a captain :ee:
(2) Judges decision will be final.
(3) No personal bashing :evil: :evil:
(4) This topic will be alive for 2 weeks :sm08:

Have fun :b:

Shy

yasodha
12-01-2006, 04:55 AM
Shy...super topic....:b: :clap:

My support is for Past memories thaan....it always stays and makes us happy whenever we are in discomfort.....:)

suha
12-01-2006, 05:26 AM
:sm12: :sm12: :sm12: :sm12: :sm12:

for me nothing :doh:
if u ask me What makes u sad?

me will tell....past and futuers:sm10: :sm36:

Shy
12-01-2006, 04:10 PM
suha ..udhai vila porathu.. olunga happy irukarthai sollu, aama soliputen :ee:

Yaso... goodu..

People.. enna yaarumae past memories or future dreams nenaika mateengala... nothing makes u happy or what :evil: olunga vanthu post pannungo..

Shy

butterfly
12-01-2006, 04:53 PM

Yaso... goodu..

People.. enna yaarumae past memories or future dreams nenaika mateengala... nothing makes u happy or what :evil: olunga vanthu post pannungo..

Shy

Have some wonderfull past memories which make me happy Shy....dunno wat the future holds so wud stick to past memories which make me happy :)

vasan
12-01-2006, 05:24 PM
Yasodha says Past. Pattams says Past.

Any predictions what v- is gonna say?? :wink: :sm12:

Future, ofcourse, in case, my dear reader, you are the kind who wants things spelled out entirely.

Nostalgia is just a trick of brain cells. Longing for the past, oh.. those were the days and such are tools of a mind that already gave up on the present.

Who says the same fun or even better things can't be ahead? The hope, on which the life revolves, is that tomorrow is going to be better. And future is going to be a better tomorrow, better place, more in peace, and much in happiness.

True happiness, lies in the next step you take. :b:

Onward, says v- :sm10: :b:

Shy
12-01-2006, 05:32 PM
for now, I am not taking any sides..

But question to Vasan ;)

Without knowing what the future holds for you, how can you predict that it will make you happy ? :think: Atleast thinking of the past, for sure we know how we felt and how we enjoyed the moments. that will make us happy right?

Shy

emyesbee
12-01-2006, 05:39 PM
Future ofcourse.

It is interesting and I feel happy too.

Interesting because we don't know what will happen.

Happy because we are moving one step forward irrespective of consequences. One step forward reminds me of something.

Take the case of a baby learning to walk. If it is the same baby (like Suha Boss;) summa kidding...freeyaaa vidu) then we will not feel happy and even the baby will not feel happy. If it starts to put one step forward then tha happiness the parents or anyone seeing feels is unlimited. The baby might walk or fall down but that is not the question but it tries and it is a step ahead. Hence future is what makes me happy and I also feel that is the one for others too :)

PS: Ethellam enge erunthu padichenna. Ellam enga cousin's oda baby'a paarthu paarthuthaan ;)

vennpuraa
12-01-2006, 06:34 PM
Yasodha says Past. Pattams says Past. .......me say past too
i would say past memories makes happy......
in past, we can recall from our pictures to the first day of school......until living moment....there is lots of memories makes u happy.......
whenever u r alone thing about those memories.......santhosamaa irukkum.....

future dreams........won't make happy.......... antha dreams niraveraadikku sad aaveenga..........enthanaalum naalaikku ena nadakkumondu worry pannuveenga......

so past memories make a person happy

tinker
12-01-2006, 06:44 PM
Dont they also say

The past is history, the future's a mystery, the present is a gift ....

Shy
12-01-2006, 07:25 PM
tinker ji.. pazhamozhi irukatum.. kudutha questionkku answer pannungo first :sm15: :sm15:

Shy

yasodha
12-01-2006, 07:50 PM
Dont they also say

The past is history, the future's a mystery, the present is a gift ....

:sm12: :sm12: :sm12: :sm12:

eppadiye irunthu kalyanam pannikamalaye kalatha ottidalamnu irukeengala...athan ungalluku present is a giftaa....hmmmmm......

tinker
12-01-2006, 07:52 PM
:sm15: :sm15:3(Sh)y

:sm12: :sm12: :sm12: :sm12:

eppadiye irunthu kalyanam pannikamalaye kalatha ottidalamnu irukeengala...athan ungalluku present is a giftaa....hmmmmm......

Anavasiyama ammavasaikkum abdul kaadarkkum mudichu podaadhinga ....

butterfly
12-01-2006, 07:53 PM
no personal attacks...stick to the topic plss...

PS: cant wait for fireworks :sm12: ...missing dinesh :(

yasodha
12-01-2006, 08:01 PM
Anavasiyama ammavasaikkum abdul kaadarkkum mudichu podaadhinga ....

sorry.....:mad:

Minnie
12-01-2006, 08:24 PM
past or present or future....ethu nadanthatho athu nandragave ______________________________ ___________ remaining fill pannikongoo please ;)

Shy
12-01-2006, 08:29 PM
past or present or future....ethu nadanthatho athu nandragave ______________________________ ___________ remaining fill pannikongoo please ;)

micky... engalukku fill in the blanks tharaathe :ee: past or future correcta solidu paarkalaam :ee:

Shy

Minnie
12-01-2006, 08:57 PM
micky... engalukku fill in the blanks tharaathe :ee: past or future correcta solidu paarkalaam :ee:

Shy

ennakku fill panna theriyamma thaan i asked you all to fill;)
past'o future'o ellam avan seiyal:D

vennpuraa
12-01-2006, 08:59 PM
no personal attacks...stick to the topic plss...

PS: cant wait for fireworks :sm12: ...missing dinesh :(

stick with topics pls

illadikku :sm15: :sm15: ippavai solleedan :D ;) :evil:

Bluelotus
12-01-2006, 10:56 PM
The future holds the key to human happiness. :wink:
We all live in hope, and hope itself is nothing but the potential of time, hence the future.
Without the possibility of any future, I seriously doubt any of us would even consider living. If you can't face a life without any futur, how can you possibly call it happiness?

Therefore, I believe that only the mysterious future can truly make us Happy :wink:
Certainly not the biased skewed perception of past events, because if the past holds the key to your happiness, you are simply deluding yourself in nostalgic dreams...

" the futre's bright, the future's ORANGE" :ahha:

suha
12-02-2006, 04:16 AM

acha ji amma ji.....:sm03:

futuer thaan ;)

i am with tahtahjaan :yes:

past is past.....futuer vanthu thrill :ee:

i want to be see whts goign to happen on futuer....:sm10:

Cinderella
12-02-2006, 05:42 AM
For me its always future... :D

Future'la namaku enna irukkarthu'ngrathu oru mysterious thrilling one... :wink:

suha
12-02-2006, 05:48 AM
u dont know about ur futuer ..cinds ;)

I know my futuer :sm12: :dance:

emyesbee
12-02-2006, 12:39 PM
For once Boss and me on same side :yes: :yes:

san2003
12-03-2006, 12:39 AM
can i choose both? :Ksp: :Ksp: :)

past memories.. some good n some bad.. my choice to choose the good to motivate me for my future dreams which i choose to be good :) this is my motto

coolian
12-03-2006, 06:44 AM
What makes u happy? Past memories or Future Dreams.Happiness (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=define%3A+happiness&btnG=Search):
- State of well-being characterized by emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy
- Emotions experienced in a state of well-being

For those who're talking about the future, how can you be content with something that has not yet happened, assuming you agree with the definition above? Say you dream that you'll be a multi-millionaire by the time you're 30, and you feel real good about it. That's not genuine happiness, that's...pseudo-happiness. Sure, you're excited about the future, you anticipate wonderful things happening to you and yada yada...how does that translate into happiness?

Now if you're thinking about the past, you're bound to come across pleasant memories of events that took place at some point. Events that made you feel good, made you laugh etc - events that made you happy.

Fear or excitement (and more) - these feelings can be applied to events in which anticipation plays a role - events that have occured, or can occur. Happiness does not fall into this category.

zephr
12-03-2006, 05:04 PM
MY PAST WAS A SAD ONE ,AS I HAD LOST LOVE ONES... (MEMORIES)
I CHOOSE ,( FUTURE DREAMS ) IN A PARADISE OF HAPPINESS :b:

baalaji83
04-27-2007, 12:05 PM
For me its always future... :D

Future'la namaku enna irukkarthu'ngrathu oru mysterious thrilling one... :wink:

my choice also future thaan,
because past is past,

but dont forget past, because past helps to build future dreams.

ungazhada two lines kavidhai romba nalla irukku,

coolcrave
04-27-2007, 01:27 PM
I choose to contemplate on the future..its interesting to figure out wht's gonna happen to you in later part of life.:b::b:

The Past has to be recalled only at certain frames of life, it has nothing to do your destiny U assume. :) ;)

Balavijay
05-01-2007, 06:48 PM
refresh my past settled and opened my future :)