PDA

View Full Version : Learning Vedham

Shy
12-06-2006, 03:51 AM
Should everyone get to know vedhams (The one thats used in temples by priests) or should it be reserved only for a specific community.

When I say everyone - I mean both men or women and also from any community

Shy

chinglees
12-06-2006, 04:08 PM
Super topic shy akka:b:

Ladies:nono: :snooty: .ippo ivanga kooda solla aarambichutaango:doh:

Shy
12-06-2006, 04:38 PM
:) nee enna solra puriyalaiye..

u mean ladies and other communities shouldnt???

Shy

chinglees
12-06-2006, 04:44 PM
aamaa :)

Vedham solrathu avalavu easyaana vishayam ila..athuku oru sila vazhi iruku..poonal potavanga kooda solla koodathu..sila sampradayam iruku..thappa sollitaangana thappa mudiyum..:oops:
Vedham Gurukita thaan kathukanum

Shy
12-06-2006, 04:51 PM
:ee:

Ok I am not taking sides for now..

Why is that. I mean those people/community would have also learnt from someone from scratch. when they can do it, why not other people?

Shy

zephr
12-06-2006, 05:05 PM
Good topic teacher :b:
but i am far from all these.....

வேதம்
http://d4016.web29.netandhost.in/aasiyurai/121aasiyurai1.htm

sri_gan
12-08-2006, 08:41 PM
There should be no difference between men or women when it comes to learning.

Vedhams, I have a very little knowledge about this, but if it is available to learn, I would love to learn.

My stand in here is it should be available for everyone.

choclet
12-09-2006, 09:47 AM
Should everyone get to know vedhams (The one thats used in temples by priests) or should it be reserved only for a specific community.

When I say everyone - I mean both men or women and also from any community
Is not easy ,have to put all heart in to study for years
well as srigan said , i do agreed all ..... stand to everyone,
but the question arouse now ...
how many poeple are still aware about this vedhams and knowledge ..
do they succeed ?

Narayana
12-09-2006, 03:02 PM
My thoughts on this...
There are two aspects. One learning about vedhas. The other, learning vEdhas.
When you learn about vEdhas, you learn the "non-technical" things, what they say, the principles, how you should apply them in your life... stuff like that. Related to this, try this site... http://www.iish.org/

But when you learn the actual sanskrit recitation of vedhas, you need to be very correct on the pronunciatinon of the words. Even a subtle change causes a big difference in the meaning of the word. And since sounds and sanskrit words have a great influence on us( just see how much music has affected all of us.. :) ) they must not be taken for granted. So itis better to alwasy learn from a teacher. And once you start learning vEdha, you should also practice it, not just learn it to show off. And that leads to having concentration, patience, etc.etc... There are rules and regulations.

And if you are a have the interest and are willing to follow these rules correctly, you can learn them. There is nothing like only some ppl. can learn. atleast thats what seems logical.

And certain parts of the vedhas(i heard somewhere i think) are not to be recited by women, but the rest can be. thats what elders say.

P.S >> I don't know about vedhas being recited in temples... Most are just slokas, and even if they recite a vedha mantram, it never has the proper intonation. atleast in these parts...

chinglees
12-09-2006, 06:38 PM
My thoughts on this...
But when you learn the actual sanskrit recitation of vedhas, you need to be very correct on the pronunciatinon of the words. Even a subtle change causes a big difference in the meaning of the word. And since sounds and sanskrit words have a great influence on us( just see how much music has affected all of us.. :) ) they must not be taken for granted. So itis better to alwasy learn from a teacher. And once you start learning vEdha, you should also practice it, not just learn it to show off. And that leads to having concentration, patience, etc.etc... There are rules and regulations.

:b::b: :b:

Shy
12-09-2006, 06:53 PM
Narayana !! :b: :b:

So if someone whose dedicated, learning from a teacher, he/she can learn it??? Ofcourse except for some where ladies cannot recite..

Chinglee, .. hes saying if anyone can follow all these, can learn vedham/slokhas.. but neengo appadi solalai.. you said others shudnt... including women.... athai neengo justify panalai innum ;)

Shy

chinglees
12-09-2006, 07:05 PM
but neengo appadi solalai.. you said others shudnt... including women.... athai neengo justify panalai innum ;)

Shy

aamaa..naan appadi thaan kezvi patturken..
slokam ellarum solalaam...
Narayana sonna maathiri ozhungaa kathukanum...etho enakum theriyum solli iruka koodathu..:p ..

sWEEtmICHe
12-10-2006, 05:04 PM
extract from an article!!
Times change and in the recent practise , Women do not
learn to recite Vedams . SthrI dharmam in Kali Yugam has
rstricted Vedic learning for the male during their
BrahmachAri days and Upanayanam is performed to start them off
to learn Vedam at a qualified teacher's feet. Today as before ,
Women have equal rights in all Vedic ceremonies , Yaagam ,
Yaj~nyam et al. Once the wife has passed away , the Man loses
his adhikAram to perform these samskArams

shy beauty ....
i don't cover this issue ,but i heard alot about this vedham ..
Bala knows ..... ;)

blunex
03-16-2007, 06:33 AM
when you buy a medicien the manafacturer gives certain advice regarding who can take and things like that.Similarly the vedam also specify that only a selected grope of people can chant it.More over it also specify that it shoud only be learnt from an able guru thro oralay(thro mouth and ear0.If the instructions are followed then yonly you can get the desired full effect.Any deviation may give very little effect or some time reverse effec. Regards neel