PDA

View Full Version : Opinion about some languages

vijey
10-21-2003, 03:27 PM
i think i am not a master for u.
but i can tell after my experience that the different lanquaqes to compare only with what u are going to with it.

for automationtechnology (robotics) is still c++ is the best one.

there are other levels which u can do with fortan better.

king_143
10-24-2003, 11:37 PM
Hello Geetham members,

I think this is supposed to be for "HELP FOR STUDENTS IN PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES"

bYE,

jmanojkumar
11-12-2003, 11:17 AM
hey, wat's goin' !! i thought this topic was for some student related and i find something else going here.
can u all remember this plzzzz
thanks

dinesh
11-12-2003, 11:27 AM
Hello Geetham members,

bYE,

hey, wat's goin' !! i thought this topic was for some student related and i find something else going here.
thanks

Hi guys,
Thanks for letting me know. I have now edited this topic.

D.

king_143
11-12-2003, 11:32 PM
Fotran is still used for scientific programming. C,C++ can do what it does and even more , but the interial effect of most scientist in the sciences dept have held it till now.

madhu_aish1
11-13-2003, 12:57 AM
Hello Geetham members,

bYE,

thanks

Hi guys,
Thanks for letting me know. I have now edited this topic.

D.

kathi kodutha odanae .. kai vakka arambichitiyaa :evil: :evil:

Madhu

king_143
11-13-2003, 01:40 AM
kathi kodutha odanae .. kai vakka arambichitiyaa

Madhu :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Vekka Vendi adathilai vecha thapu illai
:b:

arun_malhothra
04-20-2004, 06:43 PM
i think Vb is very interactive & easy.

Shy
04-20-2004, 07:32 PM
I remember saying something abt java here... ellai vera yaetha topic la sonaena :think:

Anyway !!! Java padingo !!! Will be very helpful when searching for a job

Any questions Java related, I will try my best to help you :)

Shy

sri_gan
04-20-2004, 08:41 PM
Java is my favourite language.

Networking was made really easy in java compared to any other language and there are some exclusive package which will reduce the time in re writing the same codes, when it comes to networking.

One such example is below:

Wrote my own Proxyserver for internet connection sharing (Dialup) in the Year 1999 ;) ... Its a Interesting code to understand the http protocol's GET and POST method.

Reference:

http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=271&lngWId=2

Apart from that, Visual Basic is a very fun language, you dream and do it, I love RAD (Rapid Application Development) tools.

Any one has doubts, post me in, will get the maximum out of it to get you the answer.

Shy
04-20-2004, 08:54 PM
Sri U use RAD.. have u tried neuvis :D

Shy

sri_gan
04-20-2004, 11:39 PM
No Shy, I never used it. But that company was bought by Rational rite? They should fit well together.

Most of my current developments are with Microsoft technologies than. Time irrukappo Java... like a coffee..

Shy
04-22-2004, 08:07 PM
That true.. but rational'ae eppo IBM's :D

Shy

sri_gan
04-22-2004, 08:13 PM
That true.. but rational'ae eppo IBM's :D

Shy

Yeah I know :D.

vennai1
04-28-2004, 08:40 PM
makkale,

why is that i hear everywhere people want to study and work in java..
like it is most popular... but still sun aint the biggest leader in IT world?! :?

anainar
04-28-2004, 09:33 PM
Vennai,

Sun still does hold its forte in server business. So are the Unix boxes. Essentially because of legacy and of late because Linux being free. Windows is still to make heavy inroads into server business. Microsoft is trying hard but with a success rate not high as desktop.

Languages are just tools. Domain knowledge is the one that will take you far. Tools might change, but not the domain. I have been in CAD/CAM software development all along. There was a time( even now ) some of the code is in FORTRAN and people pay thousands of dollars for our software. So, dont attach undue importance to tools. Learn the craft. Tools will change, but not the craft.

Cheers