PDA

View Full Version : Sweets(இனிப்பு ) : Laddu variaties

muralipr
10-21-2003, 09:07 PM
Assured for Trying - நீங்கள் இதை முயற்சி செய்யலாம்.

Rava Laddu

Ingredients :
Rava - 1 cup Sugar - 1 cup
Ghee - 3 tbsp Cardamom - 2

Procedure :
Heat up some ghee and fry the rava in it to a fine golden brown. Make it into a fine powder. Add the cardamom to the sugar and finely powder the sugar. Mix both powders. Heat up the remaining ghee and pour over the mixture. Mix uniformly and form firm balls while still hot.

Enhancements :
You may add small pieces of cashew fried in ghee along with the powders and form the laddus.

Notes:

If you experience the above recipe gets dry and not able to make laddus, try the below step.

1. Mix warm milk & make laddus.

2. Instead of mixing milk, neenga ghee nalla urukki rava-sugar mixer la vittu pidicheenganna urundai nalla pidikka varum. Tasteum abaaram.
============================== ==============================
Boondi Laddu

Ingredients :
Besan - 1 cup Sugar - 1 1/2 cups
Cardamom - 2 Clove - 2
Cashews - 4 Saffron - a pinch
Dry Camphor - a pinch (Pachai Karpooram) Coloring agent - a pinch
Oil - to deep fry

Procedure :
Heat up 1/4 cup water in a heavy bottomed vessel and dissolve the sugar completely in it. Add the carrdamom, dry camphor, saffron and coloring agent to it and remove from the fire / heat. Add 1/4 cup water to the besan and mix it to obtain a thick batter (like bajji maavu). Heat up oil in a kadai and when it starts to smoke, reduce the heat to medium. Hold a plate with holes (or a laddle with holes used while frying) over the hot oil and pour the besan batter over the plate. Small drops of it will fall in the hot oil and fry as small balls. Remove these promptly (without becoming too crisp) and drain off the excess oil. Add these in batches to the hot sugar syrup. Continue to work on the batter to prepare all the boondi out of it.

Add the small cashew pieces (fried in ghee) and the cloves and stir the boondi in the sugar syrup to mix uniformly. While it is still warm, form small balls out of it and firmly hold in the palm to round up the balls. Make sure that the laddus are all firm. Try to work as quickly as possible, because as the syrup cools down, you may not be able to form firm laddus.

============================== ============================

Exotic Ladoos

Ingredients :
Sugar (Powdered) - 1 cup Besan Flour - 1/2 cup
Cashew - 6 Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp Ghee - 1 cup
Oil - to deep fry

Procedure :
Mix the flour and salt well. Heat up 3 tbs of the ghee and add to the flour. Mix well, add water and knead into a smooth dough. Set aside for about 10 minutes and then divide the dough into lemon sized balls. Roll out these balls into small puris. Heat up the oil and deep fry the puris in it. Drain off the excess oil using tissues. Deep fry the cashew, cut into small pieces, in some ghee to a fine brown. When cool, grind puris in a mixie to a fine powder. Mix the powdered puris, sugar powder, cardamom powder and fried cashew pieces well. Heat up the remaining ghee and pour all over the powdered mix. While still warm, mix well and form firm balls (laddoos).

rockarun
10-24-2003, 05:32 PM
thanks muralipr i will try it and give the comment

bhuvana
10-24-2003, 07:49 PM
Hai
I prepared rava laddu in my home.sweet is good,but not able to make balls :wink: :( because it is dry.I mixed warm milk & make laddus.Thanks for recepie :D

sri_gan
10-24-2003, 08:29 PM
Hai
I prepared rava laddu in my home.sweet is good,but not able to make balls :wink: :( because it is dry.I mixed warm milk & make laddus.Thanks for recepie :D

Thanks for the comments Bhuvana...:).

I will add that as a note in the recipie's bottom ok va.

r_sowmya_r
10-29-2003, 08:12 AM
Hai

Hi bhuvana,

Instead of mixing milk, neenga ghee nalla urukki rava-sugar mixer la vittu pidicheenganna urundai nalla pidikka varum. Tasteum abaaram. I did that for Diwali. Came out just great!!

Shy
12-01-2003, 08:19 PM
Merged all the Laddu variaties in this post...

:) all varaities by muralipr..Great!!!

Happy Cooking

Shy

arumugam57
12-01-2003, 09:22 PM
Muralipr !! Meeru Thirupati Garu-aaa? :think::think::think::think:

Shy
12-01-2003, 09:40 PM
mm.. muralipr yaenga irunthu vanthaanga'nu enakku theriyaathu.. but i know onething for sure..

Arumugam is a delhiwala... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Delhi = Arumugam
Arumugam = Delhi
;)

Shy

vasan
12-01-2003, 09:49 PM
Aarumugamthilla, ella mugamume Delhi-thaana?? Yelloraiyum paarkathaan ivolo kangal ketteengala Aaru?? :lol: :lol:

selpra
12-03-2003, 09:09 PM
TIL LADOO:
Ingredients

Sesame seeds 40 gm
Brown Jaggery 50 gm
Ghee 1 tablespoon

Method

Lightly roast the sesame seeds. Heat the jaggery in a pan till it melts and then add the roasted sesame seeds to it.
Once the jaggery starts to firm up, remove from fire.
Lightly grease your palm with some ghee and roll one tablespoon of the mixture into a ball.
Be careful with the hot jaggery but the balls should be made while the mixture is still hot.
Serve when the balls come to room temperature.

Shy
12-08-2003, 03:49 PM
Posted by jkSindhu2002

Pesa Laddu/Moong Dal laddu/Getti urundai

Green gram or moong Dal -1 cup
salt- a very little pinch
Sugar-1/2 cup
Ghee- for making balls
Cashews-3 (make it into small pieces)

MAke a smooth powder of Dal and sugar. Mix them well and heat the ghee.Put the cashews in the ghee. Add them with the powders. Make balls whils the ghee is hot.

selpra
12-08-2003, 10:02 PM
Coconut Laddoo

Ingredients

Milkmaid : 1 tin

Desiccated coconut powder : 3 1/2 - 4 cups

Method

Keep aside 50 gm coconut powder

Add remaining coconut powder to Milkmaid and cook on a slow fire till
the mixture leaves the sides of the pan (approx 5 minutes).

Cool and roll into small laddoos with buttered (oiled) hands.

Roll in coconut powder and serve.

its really tasty, try it out!!!!