View Full Version : ~வெஜிடபிள் ப்ரைடு ரைஸ்```

suriyan80
02-16-2007, 02:12 PM
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/1589/samayalvh9.jpg
WEB ULAGAM .NET
http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/3064/suriaf9.jpg

Sri
02-16-2007, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the recipe suriyan80. I am already famous for microwave cooking with all these new recipes from you and Vamps, the oven is going to complain pretty soon.. :)

Sri

Teena
02-16-2007, 02:26 PM
This recipe looks very neat and simple. Very often I prepare chinese fried rice. I just love it.:sm05: I have never added spring onions.May be I should try this one next time. I have never cooked rice in a microwave. Does it cook well in the microwave and is it very soft to eat and stirfry?

Sri
02-16-2007, 02:33 PM
I have never cooked rice in a microwave. Does it cook well in the microwave and is it very soft to eat and stirfry?

Teena: I'm shocked.. you've never cooked rice in Microwave? I've only cooked rice in microwave.. Please use Pyrex or Anchor brand glass bowls though. Plastic has got some bad reputation of giving you cancer in the long run.

It cooks really well in microwave, it depends on how much water and how many minutes you cook it. Trial and error. It definitely does not need the 1:3 or 1:4 proportion of the pressure cooker.

Sri

Teena
02-16-2007, 02:39 PM
Teena: I'm shocked.. you've never cooked rice in Microwave? I've only cooked rice in microwave.. Please use Pyrex or Anchor brand glass bowls though. Plastic has got some bad reputation of giving you cancer in the long run.

It cooks really well in microwave, it depends on how much water and how many minutes you cook it. Trial and error. It definitely does not need the 1:3 or 1:4 proportion of the pressure cooker.

Sri

sriiiiiiiii thx for the info. What are u saying????????????:mjpu;r;rp: :mjpu;r;rp: Plastic is not goodaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:confused: I always use plastic microwave bowls to cook anything and everything. Idhu yennaku really a bad news. I should start using pyrex hereafter.:oops:

Sri
02-16-2007, 03:02 PM
sriiiiiiiii thx for the info. What are u saying????????????:mjpu;r;rp: :mjpu;r;rp: Plastic is not goodaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:confused: I always use plastic microwave bowls to cook anything and everything. Idhu yennaku really a bad news. I should start using pyrex hereafter.:oops:

I used to cook in plastic only Teena until I heard all about it and cancer causing blah, blahs... Will find out an authentic link and forward it to you.

I've switched to Pyrex glasses these days. All sizes and shapes. Plastics are not even used by me for storing leftovers. Pyrex has even got a stove top range of products, but those are risky and too many accidents reported, so I never went near that, although my sister uses stove top glassware.

Sri

Rajan
02-16-2007, 04:29 PM
Apart from using glass ( correl ) I also sometimes use plastic which is being sold as microwave friendly . Are they carcinogenic:( :confused: . I am very very serious about this question , please

Govind

Sri
02-16-2007, 06:00 PM
Teena and Govind: Sorry for scaring you guys.. I was sharing what I read and how I switched from plastic to Glass.

Here's an authentic material from a Doctor at John Hopkins Hospital:
http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/cookplastic.asp

He clarifies things pretty clearly.

Switching to Glass after reading this article is entirely up to you guys. I switched because of the little girl Claire Nelson's study on Cancer Causing Carsinogen in plastic.

I am not a science major but, if there is even a small possibility, I'd like to avoid that. I don't want the Doctors to tell me 10 or 20 years from now that I got cancer because I was cooking food in plastic!

Sri

vasan
02-16-2007, 06:09 PM
Teena and Govind: Sorry for scaring you guys.. I was sharing what I read and how I switched from plastic to Glass.

Here's an authentic material from a Doctor at John Hopkins Hospital:
http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/cookplastic.asp

He clarifies things pretty clearly.

You didn't read anything written there, did you??

The report says: Carcinogens getting released is a RUMOR>>>

HELLO>>>> :D :D

In fact the page is about debunking email myths. The myth is that carcinogens get released. And it is FALSE.

v-

Sri
02-16-2007, 06:15 PM
You didn't read anything written there, did you??

The report says: Carcinogens getting released is a RUMOR>>>

HELLO>>>> :D :D

In fact the page is about debunking email myths. The myth is that carcinogens get released. And it is FALSE.

v-

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
V DASH... Didn't you read my opening statement: "Sorry for scaring you guys.. I was sharing what I read and how I switched from plastic to Glass."

Do you make a resolution when you wake up to aggravate someone? Or, does it come naturally to you?

Sri

Idiot
02-16-2007, 06:22 PM
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
V DASH... Didn't you read my opening statement: "Sorry for scaring you guys.. I was sharing what I read and how I switched from plastic to Glass."

Do you make a resolution when you wake up to aggravate someone? Or, does it come naturally to you?

Sri

Velli kizhamai kaalaila enna tension :ee: Cool down and cheer up. Cola kudingo ;)

http://www.coolbuddy.com/wallpapers//brands/imgs/Coca_Cola04.jpg

Sri
02-16-2007, 06:26 PM
Velli kizhamai kaalaila enna tension :ee: Cool down and cheer up. Cola kudingo ;)

http://www.coolbuddy.com/wallpapers//brands/imgs/Coca_Cola04.jpg

Adi vangatheenga IIG... Jalra adikkarathukku munnale yosichu adinga..

Sri

vasan
02-16-2007, 06:27 PM

Sri

I think it comes natural. My DNA has only a 1 1/2 helix.. :ee:

You ought to have said that information is wrong. And not further add, it is upto you whether to change. If there is no basis for recommending a change, why is it upto them? Just say, there is nothing to it - choose anything you have at home.

False information (and email hoaxes) could so easily propagate and cause concern where it should not. What happens if some one adds that the clay in the pyrex could lead to something else? And so on??

There is a small possibility that UV rays in the sun can cause skin cancer. Do we avoid going out as well??

tsk.. tsk..tsk.. Sri.. :ee:

With due apologies and yet-with-the-wish-to-state-the-truth,

composed aggravator v- :ee: :ee:

Sri
02-16-2007, 06:40 PM
You ought to have said that information is wrong. And not further add, it is upto you whether to change. If there is no basis for recommending a change, why is it upto them? Just say, there is nothing to it - choose anything you have at home.

I had answered earlier: He clarifies things pretty clearly.

And, "Switching to Glass after reading this article is entirely up to you guys. I switched because of the little girl Claire Nelson's study on Cancer Causing Carsinogen in plastic." this statement is because not everyone uses microwave safe bowls, some of us even use the butter containers for reheating... So, it's up to them to switch after reading the article

False information (and email hoaxes) could so easily propagate and cause concern where it should not.

This statement here:
"I am not a science major but, if there is even a small possibility, I'd like to avoid that. I don't want the Doctors to tell me 10 or 20 years from now that I got cancer because I was cooking food in plastic!" is about myself and the reason why I switched.. Not a hoax..

There is a small possibility that UV rays in the sun can cause skin cancer. Do we avoid going out as well??

We are adviced not to expose our skin without protection when we go out in the Sun. Is that another hoax, as well, Mr. yet-with-the-wish-to-state-the-truth-composed-aggravator-v-?

What is clear Mr. V dash is that you did not read my response correctly and read the link I provided and now trying to find holes in what I had said.

Sri

vasan
02-16-2007, 07:45 PM
Long reply - with highlights, and etc.. sounds like you are angry, Sri. :sm03:
Didn't mean provoke you to anger. Sorry.. :ee:

is about myself and the reason why I switched.. Not a hoax..

Alright. :b: Agreed.. :b:

v- :sm08:

Minnie
02-16-2007, 07:50 PM
Whats happening here :confused: :confused: :confused:

why muttai has posted coke advt :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

why dash and underscore are argueing :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And finally what is all about esp the tamil fonts :confused: :confused: :confused:

vasan
02-16-2007, 07:54 PM
And finally what is all about esp the tamil fonts :confused: :confused: :confused:

haiyoo.. tamil padikka theriyaatha?? vetkam.. vetkam.. :sm12::sm12:

enna maathiri lottery numbers select panninna jack-pot adikkumnnu oru detailed post athu.. try reading it.. :wink: :ee:

v-

Minnie
02-16-2007, 07:57 PM
haiyoo.. tamil padikka theriyaatha?? vetkam.. vetkam.. :sm12::sm12:

enna maathiri lottery numbers select panninna jack-pot adikkumnnu oru detailed post athu.. try reading it.. :wink: :ee:

v-

:evil: :evil: why is it cooking section :evil: :evil:

will go home and read:ee: appo thaane try panna mudiyum;)

Sri
02-16-2007, 07:57 PM
Long reply - with highlights, and etc.. sounds like you are angry, Sri. :sm03:
Didn't mean provoke you to anger. Sorry..

Nope, passionately arguing my point, your honor.. not angry.. and please don't feel sorry.. I should use more smileys in my postings from now on... :D :D :D :D

Happy now, assault-and-battery-v-?

Sri

vasan
02-16-2007, 08:03 PM
:twisted: :twisted: why is it cooking section :twisted: :twisted:

Because to divine the lottery numbers, first you have to make tea.. and the tea leaves will form.. rr.. you go read, missie.. I want to win it before you do.. :ee:

battery-v-?

Sorta rhymes with energizer bunny, doesn't it.. ? :ee:

I am still plotting a better approach to make you change your mind, Sri. :wink: There are several techniques I use for 'making-people-change-their-minds'.. :sm12: and the next one would be.. well, you will see. Although, I might post it someplace other than the kitchen - illainaa Minnal :evil: smilie pottee konnuduvaanga.. :wink: :D

v-

yasodha
02-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the recipe Suriyan...:b:

Sri enna vida tension partyaa irukeengale...:p

Actualla same here naanga kooda kelvi pattom...vanganum vanganumnu than irukom vera dishes but ippadiye naal poittu irukku...:o Indiala irunthu varum bodhu neraya steel dishesaa kondu vanthutten...so vaikka idam illa...:ee: nalla periyaa kitchen parthu pora apartmentla thaan vanganum...:oops: also me use microwave just for heating not cooking...so...;)

And one more thing my hubby told me once avanga officela oruthar steel dishliye heat pannittu irunthaaram food..:mjpu;r;rp: microwavela...is it possible???:?

Sri
02-16-2007, 08:15 PM
I am still plotting a better approach to make you change your mind, Sri.

Change my mind about what, V dash? Why should everyone think like you? Why not think differently?

- Stupefied-Sri

Teena
02-16-2007, 08:17 PM
Okay sri adhenna V dash..........vasana thitareenghala;)

butterfly
02-16-2007, 08:17 PM
And one more thing my hubby told me once avanga officela oruthar steel dishliye heat pannittu irunthaaram food..:mjpu;r;rp: microwavela...is it possible???:?

Yaso,
Probably he his talking about convention Oven:think: ....dont think u can use steel in microwave :-?

butterfly
02-16-2007, 08:18 PM

:sm12: :sm12: :sm12:

Teena
02-16-2007, 08:18 PM
yaso kandipa steel vesssla microwave la vekakdheengha

It's not advisable.

Sri
02-16-2007, 08:20 PM
Sri enna vida tension partyaa irukeengale...:p

Actualla same here naanga kooda kelvi pattom...vanganum vanganumnu than irukom vera dishes but ippadiye naal poittu irukku...:o Indiala irunthu varum bodhu neraya steel dishesaa kondu vanthutten...so vaikka idam illa...:ee: nalla periyaa kitchen parthu pora apartmentla thaan vanganum...:oops: also me use microwave just for heating not cooking...so...;)

Salt neraya serthukkamaya indha nelamai.. Edhula, naan full salt meals sappittaenna, enna aagum?

Do what I did, Yaso... I packed all my stainless steel stuff and put it in a box and paran-fied it.. :) Now, all ceramic and glass dishes only.. Appa, Amma visit podhu mattum thaan adhellam paran-lernthu keezha eramgum. ;)

Steel dish-aa? Edho bad conductor, driver appadinnu solluvaanga.. naan edhavathu solla ponnaenna, v dash will start another big lecture.. Adhanaala, avarayae kaettudunga.. :)

Sri

Sri
02-16-2007, 08:22 PM

Thitta kitta mudiyumaa? Avar summa iruntha koodaa... avaroda thondar / sheedar / jalra / family gumbal ellam enna vandhu mothamma mothiduvaanga..

Vasan signs as "v-" so, I call him v dash.. hehe..

Sri

vennpuraa
02-16-2007, 09:39 PM

u r a Doctor rite:rolleyes: :o :mjpu;r;rp:...koncham josikavendiyahtaa irukkey:rolleyes: :cool: :p

thanks .......i can only read.......no cokking..,....nneenga ellaarum sollunka taste eppadi irukandu okayaa

yaso kandipa steel vesssla microwave la vekakdheengha

It's not advisable.
if u r using steel tray put it in top of the cardboard:Ksp:

Teena
02-16-2007, 10:43 PM
pura I'm not a doctor. I usally post topics in health forum that'why vasan calling me doc as chellamaga.......;) naan doctoraa irundha inga yen question kekaren.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) neengha yeppadi prof puravo adhu madri dhan nannum.:ee:

Shy
02-16-2007, 11:04 PM
Suriyan.. thanks for the recipe.. nee potta recipe.. plastic, glassnu yengayoo ellam poiduthe... teena.. namba vasan thaan stylela v- poduvaar illai.. athana sri koovaama.. azhuntham thiruthama solraango ;) Shy

suriyan80
02-18-2007, 11:04 AM
Whats happening here :confused: :confused: :confused:

why muttai has posted coke advt :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

why dash and underscore are argueing :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

hi micky..
now no need tamil font
:-D

enna nadakkuthu ...enakku onnum theriyathu..:)

Minnie
02-19-2007, 08:17 PM
hi micky..
now no need tamil font
:-D

enna nadakkuthu ...enakku onnum theriyathu..:)

Hi suriyan,thanks but sorry i cant see anything in that link :(

vennpuraa
02-19-2007, 08:20 PM
micky tamil read pannuveengalaa??

Minnie
02-19-2007, 08:56 PM
micky tamil read pannuveengalaa??

YES.:D

vasan
02-19-2007, 09:02 PM
Minnal.. :sm05: அவங்களுக்க ு தமிழ் சுத்தமா தெரியாது.. :sm08: எல்லாம் பொய், புறா.. :wink: சினிமா கதை, புள்ளி விவரம்னா அப்படுயே அளந்து விடுவாங்க.. :clap: ரெண்டு வார்த்தை படிம்மான்ன ா, ரெண்டு வாரம் ஆகும்.. :wink:

கொஞ்சம் ஸ்லோ.. அதான்.. :sm08: மின்னல் பத்தி என்ன எழுதி இருக்கேன்ன ு புரியாம, தாத்தா தாங்க்ஸ்ன் னு சொல்ல போறாங்க பாருங்க.. :yes:

v-

vennpuraa
02-19-2007, 09:04 PM
aww thansk vasan:):sm08:

Minnie
02-19-2007, 10:38 PM
Minnal.. :sm05: அவங்களுக்க ு தமிழ் சுத்தமா தெரியாது.. :sm08: எல்லாம் பொய், புறா.. :wink: சினிமா கதை, புள்ளி விவரம்னா அப்படுயே அளந்து விடுவாங்க.. :clap: ரெண்டு வார்த்தை படிம்மான்ன ா, ரெண்டு வாரம் ஆகும்.. :wink:

கொஞ்சம் ஸ்லோ.. அதான்.. :sm08: மின்னல் பத்தி என்ன எழுதி இருக்கேன்ன ு புரியாம, தாத்தா தாங்க்ஸ்ன் னு சொல்ல போறாங்க பாருங்க.. :yes:

v-

Aiyoooooooooo pura,,didnt think you will be sooooooooooo makku ;) thaatha was kidding.
Tamil theriyamma how can i type the words in english :oops:

Thaatha ippadi nalla smiley'a pottu ennakku theriyatha enna :evil:

vennpuraa
02-19-2007, 10:43 PM
Aiyoooooooooo pura,,didnt think you will be sooooooooooo makku ;) thaatha was kidding.
Tamil theriyamma how can i type the words in english :oops:

Thaatha ippadi nalla smiley'a pottu ennakku theriyatha enna :evil:

ena sollureenga endu puriyave illai:oops: :o

Minnie
02-19-2007, 10:45 PM
ena sollureenga endu puriyave illai:oops: :o

Come to RT,otherwise we will be kicked out :oops:

suriyan80
02-20-2007, 06:24 PM
Hi suriyan,thanks but sorry i cant see anything in that link :(
:confused: