PDA

View Full Version : Subscribing to a forum

emyesbee
02-20-2007, 02:00 PM
I received a pm from a new member:

Can you kindly tell me how to subscribe for a particular forum(Ex. carnatic vocal) so that i can recieve a mail daily to my gmail account, whenever there is an update in the forum.
I tried the option under quick link but with no luck.

Do we have any facility like daily digest mail in Geetham? If so how/where to select that option?

ns80
02-20-2007, 02:41 PM
Goto the sub-forum, just below the page number links you should see 'Thread Tools'. Click on that, should give a dropdown. Click on 'Subscribe to this forum' and then select Notification type

I donno what format he is gonna get mails by setting this option. I've subscribed to threads, it will send a notification with the text posted in the response.

emyesbee
02-20-2007, 02:50 PM
Thanks Nana :b:

catchananth
02-21-2007, 05:07 AM
Hi,

Can someone help me on how to subscribe to a particular forum on geetham, so that i can recieve a mailer whenever the forum is updated. I have tried the subscribe option under the forum tools but its not working.

Regards
AN

vasan
02-21-2007, 05:14 AM
Click on the particular forum you want.
On the top you will see "forum tools" drop down menu.
One of the options there is "subscribe to the forum".

Done.. :b:

Hope this helps !

v-

catchananth
02-21-2007, 12:11 PM
Thanks Vasan. But i tried that but that does not send me a mail to my gmail account.

Regards
Ananth

ns80
02-21-2007, 02:20 PM
But i tried that but that does not send me a mail to my gmail account.

It will send a mail to whichever account you get private messages.

PS: v-, there is a thread Sakthi created for the same purpose. Can you merge both.

vasan
02-21-2007, 07:12 PM
Thanks Vasan. But i tried that but that does not send me a mail to my gmail account.

Regards
Ananth

It will send it to the email you have registered in Geetham. You can change your email using User CP (see on the very top, just under Geetham.Net)..

Vasan

ps: Nana, will merge it in a sec..

catchananth
02-22-2007, 04:47 AM
Yes Vasan, i have given the correct email address in geetham preferences. From what i found is that i can subscribe to a particular thread and not a forum. Kindly let me know the option to subscribe to a forum, if available as content filtering is enabled in our firewall and am not able to access some of the main threads.

Regards
Ananth

ns80
02-22-2007, 04:57 AM
This is what i wrote when MSB asked 2 days earlier:

Goto the sub-forum, just below the page number links you should see 'Thread Tools'. Click on that, should give a dropdown. Click on 'Subscribe to this forum' and then select Notification type

I donno what format he is gonna get mails by setting this option. I've subscribed to threads, it will send a notification with the text posted in the response.

I think it shud work. Let us know.