PDA

View Full Version : In Special Company: Kobe Dumps 3rd Straight 50 !!

vasan
03-23-2007, 04:41 AM
Bryant breaks 50 for third straight game

Associated Press
Posted: 13 minutes ago

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - Kobe Bryant became the fourth player in NBA history to score at least 50 points in three straight games Thursday night. Bryant said the most important thing was that it happened in another win.

"It's special because it's coming off three straight wins," Bryant said. "This is a stretch where we really need to make up some ground."

Bryant scored 60 points in the Los Angeles Lakers' 121-119 win over the Memphis Grizzlies. Bryant was 20-for-37 from the field, including 3-for-7 from 3s, and 17 of 18 from the free-throw line.
The last Laker with three consecutive 50-point games was Hall of Famer Elgin Baylor in December 1962. Michael Jordan and Wilt Chamberlain are the only other players with three straight 50-point games. Chamberlain has the record with seven consecutive 50-point games, which he did in December 1961. "It just feels great," Bryant said of joining Baylor, Jordan and Chamberlain. "Growing up I idolized all of them, from Wilt, to M.J. to Elgin. It's a tremendous honor to be in that same class with those guys and in the history books."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/6600458?MSNHPHMA

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

With 7 straight losses, thUngittu irukkira singaththa thatti ezhupittanga.. ;) :p :p

Well done, Kobe.. :b: :b:

v-

MadTownDude
03-23-2007, 05:03 AM
Vasan....you an LAL fan I guess ;)

Yeah...Kobe is awesome...isn't he!!....but I think Wade is a becoming a awesome player 2....but he still have a long way to prove compared to Kobe who has been here for long....

chinglees
03-23-2007, 05:07 AM
:think: :Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp:

MadTownDude
03-23-2007, 05:12 AM
but Kobe ain't MJ or ever will be!!!! :twisted:

tinker
03-23-2007, 05:14 AM
:think: :Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp:

Puriyaama kanna uruttaringala illa idhu ellam periya vishayamanu kanna uruttaringala ;) ...

Kobe :b::b::b:

PS: I bet 3(Sh)Y will still say Kidd is better than Kobe ;) ...

chinglees
03-23-2007, 05:43 AM
Puriyaama kanna uruttaringala illa idhu ellam periya vishayamanu kanna uruttaringala ;) ...

intha rendume ila;)

vasan_torrent
03-23-2007, 05:45 AM
I bet 3(Sh)Y will still say Kidd is better than Kobe :wink:

:sm12: :sm12: :sm12: :sm12:

t-,

I think Kobe is one exception for Shy.. He is her fav basketball player.. :b:

~~~~~~~~~~~

MTD,

Total Lakers fan.. :wink: :b: Basketball is almost a religion in Laker land.. :b:

MJ is great. But in the current level and intensity.. I think Kobe is as good as anyone else. A few more years, will help us judge better.. :b: Who knows, you might sing a different tune.. :wink: (there are lot of people in LA still arguing for Wilt and Kareem too.. :sm12:)..

Now, Wade.. I think he is one heck of a player. In my opinion way better than LeBron although no one seem to agree with me.. No attitude, but terrific competitiveness, and sharing the ball load.. That chap is my third fav player.. :b: (Big Aristotle is the second, in case you are wondering.. :D )..

Anyways.. Did you notice Mavs, Suns and Spurs have already clinched their playoff spots? :sm12: :sm12: Still some 20 odd games to play.. :D

v-

vasan_torrent
03-23-2007, 05:46 AM
3rd choice for chings:

Chings sorta feels this thread is a mirror.. athaan kaNNa urutti urutti azhagaa irukkaannu checking.. :wink: correctaa?

correctaa.. correctaa.. correctaa? sollunga seekiram.. :D

v-

chinglees
03-23-2007, 05:50 AM
3rd choice for chings:

Chings sorta feels this thread is a mirror.. athaan kaNNa urutti urutti azhagaa irukkaannu checking.. :wink: correctaa?

correctaa.. correctaa.. correctaa? sollunga seekiram.. :D

v-

:sm12: :sm12: :sm12: :ee:

Shy
03-23-2007, 12:28 PM
Kobe is DA Man.. :sm03: :sm03: :sm03: :sm03: :sm03:

Cho chweet avan.. tinker kaalangaathaala quota vaangaama iruka mudiyaathu illaiyaa.. here ya go :sm15: :sm15:

kidd thani..... kobe thani ;)

Shy

ns80
03-23-2007, 01:07 PM
Kobe is the man :b: I still remember that 81 pointer (against Toronto ?) was a treat to watch.

coolian
03-24-2007, 04:05 PM
Make that four straight!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=270323003

Shy
03-24-2007, 04:16 PM
Hes AWESOMEEEEEEEEE!!!

Shy

vasan_torrent
03-24-2007, 06:54 PM
INSANE>>>> :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

This dude.. has taken over the game for Lakers...

BTW, What the heck the other teams were thinking?? If I was the coach, I will put three on him and hold him.. (Looks although the Hornets tried it, and he poured in 16 free throws.. but still..

Awesome, my man.. :clap: :clap: :clap: Get a good seeding (5th seed is best.. ) and lets get on with the play offs.. :b:

Vasan

ps: First three seeds in the west is already owned by Mavs/Suns/Spurs.. :Ksp: :Ksp: LA should meet them in the second round of play offs.. Just make the four western teams.. what a series that would be.. :clap:

MadTownDude
03-25-2007, 02:05 PM
Lakers are going to make it very diffucult for the team they might play against in the Playoffs but if there are one-dimensional with Kobe they are more predictable and will find it tough against good teams....

but 50 str8 in 4 games...thats special!!

Vasan,Big A....your 2nd fav!!....everybody loves Shaq I guess.I think LAL has come of the most dedicated fans....lots of energy.....I thought Kings always had good vocal fans....but they seem to have fizzled out since the Peja,webber,M.Bibby days....!!