PDA

View Full Version : Vegetarian?

coolian
05-20-2007, 05:56 PM
Good for you (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6180753.stm)!

"Men who were vegetarian had an IQ score of 106, compared with 101 for non-vegetarians; while female vegetarians averaged 104, compared with 99 for non-vegetarians."

Enough said. :ee:

coolcrave
05-20-2007, 06:14 PM
Intelligent children are more likely to become vegetarians later in life, a study says.

Wow Good dawn for humanity :b: ;)

Minnie
05-20-2007, 06:27 PM
How about veggies who take egg once a while :think: :think:

ns80
05-20-2007, 06:34 PM
Yes they dint say what kind of vegetarian yet: Lacto OO chicken vegetarian'a, Lacto OO fish chicken vegetarian'a. ippadi pala vagai irukke :ee:

Minnie
05-20-2007, 06:39 PM
:sm12: :sm12: :sm12: :sm12: :sm12: :sm12:

rajesh
05-20-2007, 06:57 PM
cools trying to make up for paul.... ???? :)

coolian
05-20-2007, 07:13 PM
Waddya mean?

Bluelotus
05-20-2007, 07:26 PM
it's not even worth the paper it was printed on... far too much bias

vegetarians, who eat meat ... :Ksp:
different socio-economic backgrounds... of course the hippy family pretending to be poor is going to score more with all their private education and access to books...rather than the working class family whose idea of a good dinner is bangers and mash :Ksp: (even if they're in the same salary bracket)

And please.... all my Indian "vegetarian" schoolmates are defnitely in the risk group for diabetes and heart disease...those girls just ate crisp, loads chips and cheese... and for dinner one chappathi with tons of oily masala daal dishes :Ksp:
that is not classified as healthy by any standards :Ksp: :Ksp:
and their IQ wasn't any better than the other kids who as a matter fact had much more variety in their diet...

(that gives me an idea... I should probably get all my ex-schoolmates to get their IQ tested at the next school reunion ... :ahha: )

coolian
05-20-2007, 08:03 PM
and their IQ wasn't any better than the other kids who as a matter fact had much more variety in their diet...
How do you know? Did you test them?

Pshaw - looks like the article hit a sensitive spot! :-p

Bluelotus
05-20-2007, 08:17 PM
My mistakes, I should have said not IQ but grades... since I'm talking about my schoolmates, I'm basing it all on achieved A-levels grades...

I'm sick to death of vegetarians' "hollier than thou" attitude.
If I wish to kill a sheep and eat it, it's my perogative, just like it's fine for me to grow my tomatoes and eat them.

And frankly vegetarians, who eat chicken , eggs, fish and still wear leather ... They're still killing those animals, but not for food simply to appease their vanities.

My Vegan friends, I do admire...since they gave it all up..
But the so called vegetarians who still think it's acceptable to wear their pretty leather handbags and shoes and tell me to stop eating meat can take a running jump into the nearest deep body of water....

coolian
05-20-2007, 08:33 PM
Looks like you're using the article as an excuse to simply vent your built-up frustration on vegetarians!

My mistakes, I should have said not IQ but grades... since I'm talking about my schoolmates, I'm basing it all on achieved A-levels grades...
A slight difference, yeah?

I'm sick to death of vegetarians' "hollier than thou" attitude.
If I wish to kill a sheep and eat it, it's my perogative, just like it's fine for me to grow my tomatoes and eat them.
Nobody's asking you to become vegetarian. Stick to your frogs, pigs, dogs, chickens, sheep, cows, monkeys and pretty much everything that moves - that is your prerogative and frankly, nobody cares.

What you eat, how you eat, what you wear etc - your beliefs shape these actions. So if someone wants to question your beliefs, well, then they've got a problem!

But then again, coming back to the article...the BMJ study does conclude that, on average, vegetarians do have higher IQ than their non-vegetarian counterparts. Does that imply a "holier than thou" mentality for you? Too bad, I guess.

vasan
05-21-2007, 05:57 PM
I am a vegetarian. Pork is a good vegetable.

Now, can I have some bacon for breakfast, please? And yeah, keep the lettuce..

v-

vijitha
05-22-2007, 12:09 AM
I am non-vege 7 days:oops:

yasodha
05-22-2007, 01:27 AM
I eat both non-veg and veg...so which catagory am i????:ee:

Minnie
05-22-2007, 02:13 AM
I eat both non-veg and veg...so which catagory am i????:ee:

To the same category where i fall in :ahha: