PDA

View Full Version : South Indian - Snacks - Masal vadai - மசால் வடை

muralipr
10-28-2003, 07:03 PM
Assured for Trying - நீங்கள் இதை முயற்சி செய்யலாம்.

MASAL VADAI

1.Soak kadalai paruppu (1 cup ) in water for 2 hours and drain .
2.Grind - paruppu ,green chillies (2 ),a small piece of inji. sombu (2 pinches),salt roughly( nara naravenru)
3 Add onion(2 -cut into small pieces),karuveppilai,kothumall i (cut in to bits).Make round balls (small lemon size) and flatten in your palms like vadais .Arrange all vadais like this in a plate
ready to fry.
4.Deep fry in hot oil and drain to serve.

Note :Instead of kadalai paruppu , dry green peas or channa or pasipayaru can also be used

saraku
10-28-2003, 08:45 PM
hi murai thanks for the recipe. But i tried once and everything is fine, until the time when they get seperated into small pieces when i put them in the oil :( What is the solution for this?

sri_gan
10-28-2003, 08:52 PM
hi murai thanks for the recipe. But i tried once and everything is fine, until the time when they get seperated into small pieces when i put them in the oil :( What is the solution for this?

Saraku,

The reason could be you got more water in the mixture. You should be able to make round balls firm then only you had the right mixture.

Hope this helps.

saraku
10-28-2003, 09:01 PM
thanks sri_gan. i will try and tell you the feedback. but from what i remember, i didnt put any extra water into the ground stuff. Whatever was there, was the outcome of the grinding. Should i drain the liquid from the ground stuff?

sri_gan
10-28-2003, 09:11 PM
thanks sri_gan. i will try and tell you the feedback. but from what i remember, i didnt put any extra water into the ground stuff. Whatever was there, was the outcome of the grinding. Should i drain the liquid from the ground stuff?

Yes, when you start grinding, drain the extra water in the soaked kadalai paruppu. It will soft enough that a mixer or grinder can make into small.

As well it should not grounded like a dough, it should be in between.

muralipr
10-29-2003, 12:26 AM
dont add any water while grinding, before grinding drain the extra water.

muralipr
10-29-2003, 12:31 AM
if the mixture has more liquid u can drain them even after grinding

butterfly
10-29-2003, 01:37 AM
saraku,
Drain the paruppu before grinding...& use foodprocessor rather than grinder...coz with grinder u have to use water...it works well with food processor....hope this helps

saraku
11-05-2003, 04:41 PM
thanks for all your replies. I will try to successfull make vadais.

but, pattaampoochi, what is food-processor? could you please explain. thanks.

sandhiya_ch
11-08-2003, 03:30 PM
food processor can be substituted for mixie / grinder if u live in asian countries or for blender if u are put in u.k. :D