PDA

View Full Version : Arizona sextuplets' mom stable after heart failure

Shy
06-14-2007, 01:15 AM
PHOENIX, Arizona (AP) -- The mother of one of two sets of sextuplets born within 10 hours of each other suffered acute heart failure shortly after the delivery but was stable Tuesday, doctors said.
The heart problems were due to the huge volume of blood that Jenny Masche, 32, was carrying in her body while pregnant, Dr. John Elliott said at a news conference at Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center. When the babies were delivered Monday, some of the extra blood was lost and "stretched her heart and blood vessels to a very, very critical level," Elliott said.
"So for a while she was very sick."
The babies, three girls and three boys, are in stable condition. Five had been put on ventilators after birth, but now all but one are breathing on their own, doctors said.
Doctors put Masche in the intensive care unit and gave her medication. She was expected to be out of the ICU by Wednesday.

The sextuplets were born 10 hours after Brianna Morrison, 24, gave birth in Minnesota to another set. The Masches used artificial insemination, and Morrison used fertility drugs.
The Morrison sextuplets remained critical Tuesday, a normal condition for such small babies.
New father Bryan Masche joined doctors at the Arizona news conference to talk about his wife's health and to gush over the six tiny additions to his family.
"They're amazing: 10 fingers, 10 toes," he said. "They have little fingernails and perfectly shaped little ears."
The sextuplets were almost 10 weeks premature and weighed between 2 pounds, 1 ounce and 3 pounds.
After getting six kids in one day, Bryan Masche said, he and his wife are happy with the size of their family.
"This is it," he said. "I don't want any more kids."

Courtesy CNN

Shy

Shy
06-14-2007, 01:16 AM
6 kids........:eek::eek::eek::ee k:

Poor Lady....

Shy

Shy
06-14-2007, 01:18 AM
MOM

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2007/HEALTH/06/13/sextuplet.mom.ap/story.masche.jenny.ap.jpg
Anesthesiologist Dean Stein helps Jenny Masche through her delivery of sextuplets Monday in Phoenix, Arizona.

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2007/HEALTH/06/13/sextuplet.mom.ap/story.masche.delivery.ap.jpg
Doctors deliver Jenny and Bryan Masche's sextuplets by Caesarean section. All but one weighed less than three pounds
evaloo kutti

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2007/HEALTH/06/13/sextuplet.mom.ap/story.masche.baby.ap.jpg
A doctor shows "Baby F" Masche to mom Jenny Masche just after delivery Monday in Phoenix.

coolian
06-14-2007, 01:20 AM
6 kids...ammadiyovvvvvvv...

yasodha
06-14-2007, 01:36 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sri
06-14-2007, 02:54 AM
Imagine the size of her tummy... :00: :00: :00:

Sri

emyesbee
06-14-2007, 02:54 AM
:00: :00: :00:

Sruti
06-14-2007, 02:58 AM
I think etho oru padam ethuku munadi vanthueruku nu nenaikuren...which has the same story the mom delivers 6 baby or more ..i dnt rem...

bt think of the baby dress/nappy/thy cry ...ayyo nenikeve bayama eurku

Shy
06-14-2007, 02:59 AM
Imagine the size of her tummy... :00: :00: :00:

Sri

Sri it wont be that big..

most of the kids were like 2, 3 pounds and even one is 1 pound.. so :)

my friend last week delivered a 8.7 pound baby.. very huge baby.. normal delivery :eek::eek::eek:

I couldnt be there seeing her go thru the pain.. vanthuten veetukku :oops:

Shy

emyesbee
06-14-2007, 03:01 AM
my friend last week delivered a 8.7 pound baby.. very huge baby.. normal delivery :eek::eek::eek:

:00: :00: :00:

Sri
06-14-2007, 03:06 AM
Sri it wont be that big..

most of the kids were like 2, 3 pounds and even one is 1 pound.. so :)

I couldnt be there seeing her go thru the pain.. vanthuten veetukku :oops:

Shy

Already babies are so tiny... one pounder ellam eppadi baby sollarathu.. I've seen ladies pregnant with twins having a huge tummy.. so, thought this lady must be humongous..hm..

8.7 lbs... yammadiov... my friend has a term gaja-raja-pushti... :sm12: Andha baby torino mathiri... Boy or a girl? Normal delivery? OMG!!! I'd rather adopt..

Sri

Shy
06-14-2007, 03:13 AM
Sri..

Twins are different.. most of the time, each baby will be atleast 6 pounds and thus the huge tummy.. ivarooda cricket teamla irukaravangalukku appadi thaan poranthathu..identical twins.. literally she went huge.. i mean huge-hugeeeeeee...

but triplets and more appadi illai.. .rare case and thus they all share...i guess. ;)

Shy

Sri
06-14-2007, 03:19 AM
Twins are different.. most of the time, each baby will be atleast 6 pounds and thus the huge tummy.. ivarooda cricket teamla irukaravangalukku appadi thaan poranthathu..identical twins.. literally she went huge.. i mean huge-hugeeeeeee...

Ayyooooo.... Nenaichaalae bayangaramaa irukku.... I saw my brother's friend's wife.. she is pregnant with twins.. Her tummy seem to start from her neck... :00: :00:

Back-bone ellam nasamaagidum illae? tummy-la konjam weight vandhalae back pain varathu... Yammadiov.. adoption is the way to go, I think..

Sri

ns80
06-14-2007, 03:23 AM
my friend last week delivered a 8.7 pound baby.. very huge baby.. normal delivery

My friend was 11 pounds and was born normal ;)

Shy
06-14-2007, 03:27 AM
11 pounds'a nana??? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

WOW...

Shy

ns80
06-14-2007, 03:28 AM
Back-bone ellam nasamaagidum illae? tummy-la konjam weight vandhalae back pain varathu... Yammadiov.. adoption is the way to go, I think..

Follow panninavanga yaaravadhu irukkangala ;) Women would rather go through the pain than choose the latter.

Sri
06-14-2007, 03:37 AM
Follow panninavanga yaaravadhu irukkangala ;) Women would rather go through the pain than choose the latter.

True.. aanaalum, twins / triplets / four, five, six, seven, eight-nu.. naai kutti mathiri pethukkarathukku, adoption is the best way.. :b:

Sri

ns80
06-14-2007, 04:06 AM
aanaalum, twins / triplets / four, five, six, seven, eight-nu.. naai kutti mathiri pethukkarathukku

i dont get it. how do you anticipate more than one is going to be born before you get pregnant :Ksp:

yasodha
06-14-2007, 05:11 AM

Nana nalla idea suggest panni irukeenga....:)

Sri
06-14-2007, 10:47 AM
i dont get it. how do you anticipate more than one is going to be born before you get pregnant :Ksp:

I agree if it's natural, you cannot decide these and is probably passed on in genes. But, sometimes, the parents decide, if they are going for some help..if you catcb my drift of thought. My cousin's cousin was "trying" and could not get pregnant, so went for Doctor's help and she decided to have twins to "get it over with" in one go and asked the Doctors to make it two.. ;)

Sri

yasodha
06-14-2007, 07:33 PM
I agree if it's natural, you cannot decide these and is probably passed on in genes. But, sometimes, the parents decide, if they are going for some help..if you catcb my drift of thought. My cousin's cousin was "trying" and could not get pregnant, so went for Doctor's help and she decided to have twins to "get it over with" in one go and asked the Doctors to make it two.. ;)

Sri

:Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp:

Shy
06-15-2007, 03:56 AM
Minnesota sextuplet dies, 5 siblings in critical condition

MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota (AP) -- A sextuplet born prematurely to a Minnesota couple has died, and his five siblings were in critical condition, hospital officials said Thursday.
Bennet Ryan Morrison died Wednesday night, and the other babies remained in critical condition Thursday at the neonatal intensive care unit at Children's Hospital in Minneapolis.
The Minnesota sextuplets, born Sunday, were one of two sets born within 10 hours of each other this week. In Arizona, Jenny and Brian Masche became parents to six babies on Monday. Doctors say it was a rare occurrence, but one that could become increasingly common as more couples seek artificial methods of conceiving babies.
Parents Ryan and Brianna Morrison, of St. Louis Park, issued a statement Thursday expressing thanks for the support of families, friends and churches and for the work of hospital staff.
"Our faith remains strong in the midst of mourning our son," the Morrisons said.
The Morrisons, both 24, spent more than a year trying to conceive before Brianna Morrison started taking fertility drugs, and had success with the drug Follistim, according to the couple's personal Web site.
The Morrison sextuplets -- four boys and two girls -- were born about 4½ months early. Their weights ranged from between 11 ounces to 1 pound, 3 ounces, according to a hospital spokeswoman.

Shy