PDA

View Full Version : A NEWS ABOUT MATRIX REVOLUTION(NOT VIMARSANAM)

sofiadorathy
11-05-2003, 12:21 AM
When it comes to the "Matrix" franchise, either people love it -- really, really love it. Or they hate it -- really, really hate it.

With more than a billion dollars in ticket sales worldwide, it's abundantly clear that an awful lot of people fall into the former category. So, without doubt, "The Matrix Revolutions" will make millions of additional dollars.

However, in the spirit of full disclosure, I fall firmly into the latter category

bhagavathar
11-05-2003, 02:30 AM
[highlight=yellow:b0447636f3]When it comes to the "Matrix" franchise, either people love it -- really, really love it. Or they hate it -- really, really hate it.

With more than a billion dollars in ticket sales worldwide, it's abundantly clear that an awful lot of people fall into the former category. So, without doubt, "The Matrix Revolutions" will make millions of additional dollars.

However, in the spirit of full disclosure, I fall firmly into the latter category[/highlight:b0447636f3]

Read the full story here:

Source: Matrix Revolution (http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/Movies/11/04/sprj.caf03.review.matrix/index.html)

anainar
11-05-2003, 04:21 AM
Sofia madame,

I fall in the first category. We 12 guys/girls in the office are taking turns to stand in the queue to get the ticket and watch the movie, first show here in the place where I live. More than money, it has a kind of cult following I would say. For this halloween, there were guys who were dressed up like Neo and were much sought after. So, it is going to rake in money, but what they predict after preview is, it is not going to rake in the moolah like First version did.

Naalaikku paarthuttu, I will add more comments. As a side track, I watched Matrix - Reloaded in IMAX dome theater here. Not that impressive at all. But the sound set up was terrific in IMax.

Cheers
Nainar

sofiadorathy
11-05-2003, 02:52 PM
unga ellorukkum therinchirukkum endru ninaikkiren...oru tamizhan made a graphics in matrix revolution nearly 1 year but the film contains only 3 minutes his effects........enakku avalavuthaan theriyum athukku mela theriyaadhu antha padatha pathi....lol

sri_gan
11-05-2003, 03:41 PM
unga ellorukkum therinchirukkum endru ninaikkiren...oru tamizhan made a graphics in matrix revolution nearly 1 year but the film contains only 3 minutes his effects........enakku avalavuthaan theriyum athukku mela theriyaadhu antha padatha pathi....lol

There is an Indian girl acting and I heard they have some sanskrit slogam...

anainar
11-05-2003, 05:56 PM
All of you wait till tomorrow and I will post a review of the movie. Will watch out for Tamil names and slogans also.

Cheers.

sri_gan
11-05-2003, 06:12 PM
All of you wait till tomorrow and I will post a review of the movie. Will watch out for Tamil names and slogans also.

Cheers.

olunga padathai parthuttu vanthu sollunga... i might go tonight pakalam.

raju_jolly_freak
11-06-2003, 12:35 AM
I am going tonight right now..in another 1 hr guys...With great expectations...!!!..:-)

vennai1
11-06-2003, 01:39 AM
I am going tonight right now..in another 1 hr guys...With great expectations...!!!..:-)

Mr. jolly freak... paathu ellaa item-sum pack panni eduthukittu

ponga... please maranthuraatheenga...appuram prechanai varum.. ;) ;)

sri_gan
11-06-2003, 01:42 AM

Mr. jolly freak... paathu ellaa item-sum pack panni eduthukittu

ponga... please maranthuraatheenga...appuram prechanai varum.. ;) ;)

I'm planning to go tomorrow then..

anainar
11-06-2003, 06:51 AM
Finally, made it to the movie after taking turns for standing in the queue for getting tickets. Came back an hour back after the show. Here is a summary...

First and formost, the concept of novelty is gone with Revolution. Looked like Wachowski was wondering how to finish it. He brings in karma, and tries to explain the existance of everything. For a Science fictiion movie, that was pretty odd and shows the confusion in the directors mind. That explanation was given by an indian couple and an indian child.

The special effects are also not as mind boggling as Matrix or the Reloaded. It was pretty ordinary with Neo and Smith flying in the air travelling from ground to sky at supersonic speeds and at times it looked comical. There is a sequence of war of Zion with the machines, which runs for more than 20 minutes and after a while gets boring. That could have been cut short. Ther performances by Keanu Reeves and Lawrence are not as riveting as it was.

One saving grace was there was that the script was pretty understandadble unlike Reloaded where the architect takes 5 minutes to complete a sentence in programming linguistics. The other one is a strong performance by Captain Naobi. She stands out as a performer in the movie. There is a whole sequence of death and destruction.

Finally, the Italian beauty Monica Belluci also makes a brief appearance and she is voluptuous. And there is chanting of verses of "Asathoma sath gamaya" used in the song for the end credits.

Final verdict is, you just cant escape watching this movie, if you have watched the previous two versions. This is mediocore compared the previous ones. As a stand alone movie, it is a very ordinary movie. With the previous versions and as a trilogy, there is no escape from watching.

So, watch it and have fun. Dont go out when Monica Belluci is there on the screen. She is awesome.

Cheers.

sri_gan
11-06-2003, 02:07 PM
Shidinesh,

Itha padikanum appuram pakanum... sema ragaliya irrukum, naanum innaikki poi pakuren vanthu sollluren.