PDA

View Full Version : applying for germany

appu
11-06-2003, 10:57 PM
if u r an engineer and want to settle in an international country..then germany is the best destination....the best way to do so is to persue a degree in germany and then settle in job...for that goto this site www.daad.de..

and select the university and course.....here there is no problem for gre or toefl as they do have in us...apply for university....

for the visa they need 7400 euros as bank balance...that u can get it as bank loan...the only abstrucle u face in that here in germany no body understand english...so u need to know german....

u can learn german in goethe institute in chennai.... and thats it

venuram
11-15-2003, 04:45 AM
do u get financial aid to study there??

sabeshan
11-15-2003, 05:38 AM
As far as I have seen aid tuition is free for all regardless of citizen or international student but living expenses have to be taken care of by student himself which will come to something like 7-8 lakh rupees per year... in some universities ongoing research projects can fetch you jobs that can pay your living expenses...

arumugam57
11-15-2003, 08:23 AM
I will come there after 4-5 years. I mean after my Ph.D . Sorry now I don't have any idea of coming there.

king_143
11-17-2003, 02:13 AM
6MUGA,
one year/semester you can do it in Germany, if your advisor accepts.

saraku
11-17-2003, 01:57 PM
As far as I have seen aid tuition is free for all regardless of citizen or international student but living expenses have to be taken care of by student himself which will come to something like 7-8 lakh rupees per year... in some universities ongoing research projects can fetch you jobs that can pay your living expenses...

It depends on the place and your style of living. A student can comfortably live in Germany with 500-600 euros a month, ie 6000 - 7200 euros = Rs. 3-3.6 Lakhs per yr. I mean this for sure, not at all living in kanju-styled stuff!

prakash
03-26-2004, 11:10 PM
its very difficult to get jobs after completion of studies ..................if u want to do a phd then germany is best option ...........