PDA

View Full Version : Men want hot women, study confirms

Shy
09-05-2007, 02:01 AM
Story Highlights
Dating study: Men base their decisions mostly on physical attractiveness
Men are much less choosy than women
Women are aware of the importance of their own attractiveness to men
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Science is confirming what most women know: When given the choice for a mate, men go for good looks.
http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2007/TECH/science/09/04/dating.mating.ap/art.dating.study.gi.jpgIn the dating game, men know what they want.

http://www.cnn.com/.element/img/2.0/mosaic/base_skins/baseplate/corner_wire_BL.gif

And guys won't be surprised to learn that women are much choosier about partners than they are.
"Just because people say they're looking for a particular set of characteristics in a mate, someone like themselves, doesn't mean that is what they'll end up choosing," Peter M. Todd, of the cognitive science program at Indiana University, Bloomington, said in a telephone interview.
Researchers led by Todd report that in Tuesday's edition of Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences that their study found humans were similar to most other mammals, "following Darwin's principle of choosy females and competitive males, even if humans say something different."
Their study involved 26 men and 20 women in Munich, Germany.
Participants ranged in age from 26 to their early 40s and took part in "speed dating," short meetings of three to seven minutes in which people chat, then move on to meet another dater. Afterward, participants check off the people they'd like to meet again, and dates can be arranged between pairs who select one another.
Speed dating let researchers look at a lot of mate choices in a short time, Todd said.
In the study, participants were asked before the session to fill out a questionnaire about what they were looking for in a mate, listing such categories as wealth and status, family commitment, physical appearance, healthiness and attractiveness.
After the session, the researchers compared what the participants said they were looking for with the people they actually chose to ask for another date.
Men's choices did not reflect their stated preferences, the researchers concluded. Instead, men appeared to base their decisions mostly on the women's physical attractiveness.
The men also appeared to be much less choosy. Men tended to select nearly every woman above a certain minimum attractiveness threshold, Todd said.
Women's actual choices, like men's, did not reflect their stated preferences, but they made more discriminating choices, the researchers found.
The scientists said women were aware of the importance of their own attractiveness to men, and adjusted their expectations to select the more desirable guys.
"Women made offers to men who had overall qualities that were on a par with the women's self-rated attractiveness. They didn't greatly overshoot their attractiveness," Todd said, "because part of the goal for women is to choose men who would stay with them."
But, he added, "they didn't go lower. They knew what they could get and aimed for that level."
So, it turns out, the women's attractiveness influenced the choices of the men and the women.

CNN

Shy

Shy
09-05-2007, 02:03 AM
Cools..

yethoo dialogue ellam sone appo... men appadi ellam kedaiyaathu nu...

see physical appearance vachu thaan guys decide ... studyae solrathu...

:wawa::poda::poda:

Shy

Sri
09-05-2007, 03:03 AM
Men want hot women, study confirms

I thought the body temp should be warmer than usual :ee: :ee: ;)

Sri

emyesbee
09-05-2007, 03:05 AM
Because Men are always cool ;) :ee:

Sri
09-05-2007, 03:12 AM
Because Men are always cool ;) :ee:

You mean to say, men are not "hot-blooded-male" anymore? :ahha:

Sri

emyesbee
09-05-2007, 03:21 AM
I got a job....says one fellow

Cool.....says the other fellow

Now u know what is that cool ;) :ahha: :wawa:

suha
09-05-2007, 05:29 AM
hayioooooooooooo

coolian
09-05-2007, 06:30 AM
yethoo dialogue ellam sone appo... men appadi ellam kedaiyaathu nu...
Please tell me where I said that, I will gladly eat my socks.

I said that looks are as critical as other characteristics - perhaps more important, since it is the first hurdle that women have to cross.

Shy
09-05-2007, 01:01 PM

I said that looks are as critical as other characteristics - perhaps more important, since it is the first hurdle that women have to cross.

ithu ellam othukamaten.. ippo technicality la escape aaga try panre... :break::break::break:

u said.. looks are important ;) :ee:

Shy

Shy
09-05-2007, 01:06 PM

ithu ellam othukamaten.. ippo technicality la escape aaga try panre... :break::break::break:

u said.. looks are important ;) :ee:

Shy

coolian
09-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Yep, they're definitely important - when did I say otherwise?

anj
12-08-2007, 09:24 PM
Why do we need a study to say something more obvious?

Konjam nalla irundha, orey jollu dhaan. They will find some reason to come and talk. But you know what, that's ok :)

experiments
01-12-2008, 07:50 PM
Enna pannurathu...aangalukku eppodhumey patta thaan puthi varum,,,

stalin.v
12-12-2010, 07:36 PM
Enna pannurathu...aangalukku eppodhumey patta thaan puthi varum,,,

I see many housewife bhadrakali's in this discussion who are simply gossip on males. Ayyo... somewhere someone talked about darwin also. Without this sexual attraction,(in your terms jollu) there will be no scope of reproduction in this world, nor sexual gratification of both sex occur. In psychology , it is been explained in three terms. Id- basic animal desire, ego- controlling ability due to the social decency, superego - conscience part. Infact, Human is the only species in this world undergo for respecting social morals. please try to give respect for That. Many times i use to think about the girls in this regard when girls and womens comment about male's jollu part that whether girls wont have desire on males or what. Here is the social decency stands. Please dont spoil those mutual, divine , pure feeling of male. Let me write here the sigmund freud theories as well! As per the father of modern psychology, women uses the nail polish, lipstick, and other make-ups in order to attract the males. The color of nail polish and lipstick is also resembles the color of female private parts. Hence, I request to all women here to stop make-up yourself in order to lessen the jollu part of males. Also, Try to Respect the males as well.

swethasri
12-12-2010, 08:18 PM
Hey stalin u watched girls very close is it?then definitely u r proving the studies MEN WANTS HOT WOMEN.right????

stalin.v
12-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Hey stalin u watched girls very close is it?then definitely u r proving the studies MEN WANTS HOT WOMEN.right????

Swetha aunty , serupu vangurathuku kooda forum-la discussion panreenga neega modern girls. Aambala singam nanga . . sexyana figure-a pathu davadicha
ena thapu. . .

By the way, I have pointed out the psychological point of view regarding boys and girls matter.

One proverb for you all. "kuttiya irukuracha kalutha kooda azhaga than irukum". Teen age and adult peoples -ku ella ponugalumae alagu than...

swethasri
12-12-2010, 09:02 PM
Ha HA HA HAHAHAH davadikarathaye oru polappa vachukittu suthara pasangha yethana peru irrukkangha theriyuma,ithula punnu pakkaren apudinghara perla appa ammavoda sendhu poi davadikkara pasanghalayum yennaku theritum.ok stalin fridge water irundha 4 ice cubes pottu kudingha jhillunu ayiduveengha.

Swetha aunty , serupu vangurathuku kooda forum-la discussion panreenga neega modern girls. Aambala singam nanga . . sexyana figure-a pathu davadicha
ena thapu. . .

By the way, I have pointed out the psychological point of view regarding boys and girls matter.

One proverb for you all. "kuttiya irukuracha kalutha kooda azhaga than irukum". Teen age and adult peoples -ku ella ponugalumae alagu than...

stalin.v
12-12-2010, 09:11 PM
Ha HA HA HAHAHAH davadikarathaye oru polappa vachukittu suthara pasangha yethana peru irrukkangha theriyuma,ithula punnu pakkaren apudinghara perla appa ammavoda sendhu poi davadikkara pasanghalayum yennaku theritum.ok stalin fridge water irundha 4 ice cubes pottu kudingha jhillunu ayiduveengha.

Aaaah... neega aunty-a illa mama-va . . . che.. I mean to ask. . neenga athaiya . .
ila maamava. . . doubta iruke...

Nanga vishvamitrana irunthalum, neenga sapa figara vanthavathu madakiruvingalae. .

swethasri
12-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Suspicious nature spoils the peace of mind.HAHAHHAHAHHAH

Aaaah... neega aunty-a illa mama-va . . . che.. I mean to ask. . neenga athaiya . .
ila maamava. . . doubta iruke...

Nanga vishvamitrana irunthalum, neenga sapa figara vanthavathu madakiruvingalae. .

stalin.v
12-12-2010, 09:29 PM
Suspicious nature spoils the peace of mind.HAHAHHAHAHHAH

Kadala potale peace poyirum pola.. Modern interneta pakathulaye vatchirutha, peace penance elam kanavayudum pola..

swethasri
12-12-2010, 09:39 PM
IF u use the internet in a rightway u will not lose anything.kadala potta ippidithaan peace poghum.

Kadala potale peace poyirum pola.. Modern interneta pakathulaye vatchirutha, peace penance elam kanavayudum pola..

stalin.v
12-12-2010, 09:43 PM
IF u use the internet in a rightway u will not lose anything.kadala potta ippidithaan peace poghum.

Aunty, appo ungaluku ippo peace poyirukumae?

swethasri
12-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Hey stalin again calling me aunty?????:sm17:
why shd i lose my peace iam enjoying my way of life with my family.

Aunty, appo ungaluku ippo peace poyirukumae?

stalin.v
12-12-2010, 10:02 PM
Hey stalin again calling me aunty?????:sm17:
why shd i lose my peace iam enjoying my way of life with my family.

Ok swetha.. seems it goes off-topic. your messages are not reflecting that. let we discuss it in other place.

swethasri
12-13-2010, 01:51 PM
Yes ofcourse thats why i stopped there.anyway coming to the topic definitely men wants hot women whatever it is serious marriage,jollu,lovus.....accor ding to the proved study

Ok swetha.. seems it goes off-topic. your messages are not reflecting that. let we discuss it in other place.

stalin.v
12-13-2010, 02:58 PM
Hello swetha, :)

For sure, Most of the males are ready to have sex with any girls of age group between teenage to 40years. There is no requirement of beauty or not and all. Fairly, A simple opportunity is enough. The statistic is idiotic. They generalize the males widely. Each males have different tastes. For example, if a person marry a fair girl will ogle on dark complexion girl over a period of time. so, it is not constant all the time. However, It is true that males have taste of giving importance to aishwarya rai and jothika than a ordinary women.

Now i have question. do females prefer ugliest partner or what?

swethasri
12-13-2010, 03:09 PM
why are u getting angry stalin iam not saying anything its the study proved the above sentence that its.put this question to the study researchers

stalin.v
12-13-2010, 03:27 PM
why are u getting angry stalin iam not saying anything its the study proved the above sentence that its.put this question to the study researchers

No i was not angry. My first long message got deleted due to slow server. Hence, i gave just a sharp and short message . That's all. . .