PDA

View Full Version : Ip address conflict and Virus

Idiot
10-12-2007, 09:06 PM
Hai friends,

1. I am in University network and internet is provided by university internet center. sometimes I am getting a message 'IP address conflict, ip matches with another computer' .. something like that. I dont know whether some one is accessing the ip address. How to find it and if others are using how to prevent it? :b: :evil:

2. This is another serious problem which i am facing for past couple of months. When I am accessing my computer suddently I can hear some songs or Tv programs voice alone. This happens very frequently in the night time (may be i notice only in that time as I am in home). What may be the problem. Is it something related to Ip address conflict or virus problem. How to overcome this?

Does reformatting my computer will give better results?

If you have some idea please let me know.

Thanks,
iig.

Sri
10-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Logging off the internet and working on your thesis would solve your problems, methinks. ;) :ahha:

Sri

Idiot
10-12-2007, 09:54 PM
Logging off the internet and working on your thesis would solve your problems, methinks. ;) :ahha:

Sri

Working on my thesis needs computer. I need to do documentation :snooty: :snooty:

Minnie
10-12-2007, 09:57 PM

Sri

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol:eppadi sri ippadi muttai head'a break panna mudiyuthu :sm12::sm12::sm12::sm12::sm12:

nalla leave letter write panni,panni athae format'a he typed here :wawa::wawa::wawa::wawa:

night time mattum songs varuthunaa...maybe yetho pei,pisasunu me thinking...nalla hear pannunga " naane varuvaennnnn " solli it might sing :ahha:

Sri
10-12-2007, 10:00 PM
nalla leave letter write panni,panni athae format'a he typed here :wawa::wawa::wawa::wawa:

night time mattum songs varuthunaa...maybe yetho pei,pisasunu me thinking...nalla hear pannunga " naane varuvaennnnn " solli it might sing :ahha:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sri

Idiot
10-12-2007, 10:02 PM
oruthan vayitherichal ungalukku nakkala irukku :ee: athuvum spanish voice keta parava illai.. chinese sound'la kekuthu :doh: :doh:

computer pathi abcd kooda theriyaathu rendu perukku.. pesareenga :doh:

Sri
10-12-2007, 10:05 PM
oruthan vayitherichal ungalukku nakkala irukku :ee: athuvum spanish voice keta parava illai.. chinese sound'la kekuthu :doh: :doh:

Now the cookie crumbles. Nalla venum!!!! :ee:

computer pathi abcd kooda theriyaathu rendu perukku.. pesareenga :doh:

Rendu Perr, neengalum ungaloda spanish kuttiyumaa? :think:

Sri

Idiot
10-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Now the cookie crumbles. Nalla venum!!!! :ee:

Rendu Perr, neengalum ungaloda spanish kuttiyumaa? :think:

Sri

Intha threadla enakku mela pesitu irukara rendu perum. Sri and Minnie :ee:

Naan venumnaa oru kelvi kekaraen minnie sollatum.. i will accept it :ahha: enna okva Minnie :wink:

yasodha
10-12-2007, 10:10 PM
Eggy avalo seriousa irukka unga PC.....:sm36:hubby kitta kettu vena solluren naan...:)

Idiot
10-12-2007, 10:11 PM
Eggy avalo seriousa irukka unga PC.....:sm36:hubby kitta kettu vena solluren naan...:)

Thank you Yaso :sm08: Konjam ketu sollunga. I dont know where the problem is and why the problem is?? :Ksp:

Minnie
10-12-2007, 10:28 PM

Naan venumnaa oru kelvi kekaraen minnie sollatum.. i will accept it :ahha: enna okva Minnie :wink:

i know only to question aakum,,besides i dont answer kids :wawa::wawa::wawa:

naanum my hubby kita kettu solluraen muttai :ee:

yasodha
10-12-2007, 10:31 PM
i know only to question aakum,,besides i dont answer kids :wawa::wawa::wawa:

naanum my hubby kita kettu solluraen muttai :ee:

Evalo naal aagum Minnie kettu solla....;):ahha:

Sri
10-13-2007, 12:51 AM

Computer paththi onnum theriyathu naala thaanae you yourself had opened the thrad here? :ahha: Apparam enna M Cube paarthu challenge? :evil:

Sri

tinker
10-13-2007, 01:00 AM
IIG - ip conflict is not a serious issue ... if its static IP assigned to each one of you , then someone else might have changed their ip to yours or ur school admin would have assigned the same IP to someone else (very remotely possible)...
if its all DHCP anyways and it is possible that sometimes it may allocate the IP that was assigned to your mac when the lease expires... talk to your network admin/systesm guy about it ... they can fix it easily if its static IP...

second issue do a ad aware/ccleaner/spy bot check and delete everything it finds ... also make sure you exit tvu/sopcast or any of those you might be running..... you dont have to format for this :) ....

Minnie
10-13-2007, 01:03 AM
Evalo naal aagum Minnie kettu solla....;):ahha:

muttai pc dead aagurathu kula kettu solliduraen :ahha:

Computer paththi onnum theriyathu naala thaanae you yourself had opened the thrad here? :ahha: Apparam enna M Cube paarthu challenge? :evil:

Sri

Oh sweet sriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :hug::hug::hug::hug: if a cat close its eye it thinks the whole world is dark,,athu mathiri he is just assumed that me too dont know about pc athaan chinna paiyan me spared him,,,poor he :ee:

Sri
10-13-2007, 01:21 AM
if a cat close its eye it thinks the whole world is dark,,athu mathiri he is just assumed that me too dont know about pc athaan chinna paiyan me spared him,,,poor he :ee:

:sm12: :sm12: :sm12: :sm12:

Sri

vasan
10-13-2007, 01:24 AM
Eggy,

Happens all the time in school, here too. :b:

1) IP Conflict. Usually the school assigns a range of static ip-s. Typically every hookup available is physically mapped (your sys admin will know which building, which router uses what.. and where it is located.. etc). Sometimes, people connecting through wireless modem (or people who don't bother to call the sys admin for an IP) or because sys admin screws up assigning numbers correctly, this problem happens. The trouble is worse because, while the computers go dead, the IP addresses will live on and get recycled. :) All the problems listed have happened in my lab.. :sm12:

Easy way: Send an email to your sys admin. They will resolve it. Even block the whole IP address (if someone is stealing it) and provide you with another IP. Problem solved.

2) Strange sounds? :think: Happens when one of your IE or firefox browsers or on? It is possible that various ads in these pages make that sound. Or it could be a hidden browser handling object (BHO, especially for IE) that steams all sorts of popups and other stuff on to your pc. Both these occur when your computer is directly connected to the internet. You can disable the internet and check if it still has the problem. Alternately, you can also download a program called: hijackthis, and check if some spamware is sitting in and doing all these hassle. Once you sort out the exact reason we can deal with it. :b:

Good luck.. :sm08:

v-

ns80
10-13-2007, 06:50 AM
Both the problems dont sound serious at all. 1st is what vasan explained. The speaker hookup might act as an antenna and pick up radio/TV signals although in a very low volume, this might be a cause for the 2nd problem.

Idiot
10-13-2007, 09:18 AM
IIG - ip conflict is not a serious issue ... if its static IP assigned to each one of you , then someone else might have changed their ip to yours or ur school admin would have assigned the same IP to someone else (very remotely possible)...
if its all DHCP anyways and it is possible that sometimes it may allocate the IP that was assigned to your mac when the lease expires... talk to your network admin/systesm guy about it ... they can fix it easily if its static IP...

second issue do a ad aware/ccleaner/spy bot check and delete everything it finds ... also make sure you exit tvu/sopcast or any of those you might be running..... you dont have to format for this :) ....

Eggy,

Happens all the time in school, here too. :b:

1) IP Conflict. Usually the school assigns a range of static ip-s. Typically every hookup available is physically mapped (your sys admin will know which building, which router uses what.. and where it is located.. etc). Sometimes, people connecting through wireless modem (or people who don't bother to call the sys admin for an IP) or because sys admin screws up assigning numbers correctly, this problem happens. The trouble is worse because, while the computers go dead, the IP addresses will live on and get recycled. :) All the problems listed have happened in my lab.. :sm12:

Easy way: Send an email to your sys admin. They will resolve it. Even block the whole IP address (if someone is stealing it) and provide you with another IP. Problem solved.

2) Strange sounds? :think: Happens when one of your IE or firefox browsers or on? It is possible that various ads in these pages make that sound. Or it could be a hidden browser handling object (BHO, especially for IE) that steams all sorts of popups and other stuff on to your pc. Both these occur when your computer is directly connected to the internet. You can disable the internet and check if it still has the problem. Alternately, you can also download a program called: hijackthis, and check if some spamware is sitting in and doing all these hassle. Once you sort out the exact reason we can deal with it. :b:

Good luck.. :sm08:

v-

Both the problems dont sound serious at all. 1st is what vasan explained. The speaker hookup might act as an antenna and pick up radio/TV signals although in a very low volume, this might be a cause for the 2nd problem.

Thank you t-, v- and ns,

1. Mine is static IP as tinker said. And the problem is also the same guys randomly changing their IP's as it is in some order inside university one or the other works. Its all from this rapid share and all that if they 14 set of files to download and if they dont have premium account they cannot download it continuously. To download it in one stretch they just change the IP and download the whole set in one sit I guess. Will try talking to system admin. thats will be better.

2. I guess the second problem is someting like what V- told. Some program is rning behind in explorer or something like that. Becos when this sound comes I tried disabling one iexplorer.exe in my task manager and the sound stops. So better way to avoid this is atleast to uninstall TVU and SOP cast players. .:think:

t- already I have cccleaner and avg. Avg I have connected it online for check up. Will try checking the whole system this weekend. :ee: Need to keep my system safely atleast for next one and half month. :b:

Thanks all .

Idiot
10-13-2007, 09:23 AM
muttai pc dead aagurathu kula kettu solliduraen :ahha:

Oh sweet sriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :hug::hug::hug::hug: if a cat close its eye it thinks the whole world is dark,,athu mathiri he is just assumed that me too dont know about pc athaan chinna paiyan me spared him,,,poor he :ee:

:sm12: :sm12: :sm12: :sm12:

Sri

Chummava sonaanga periyavanga :ahha: enna sonaangannu naan sollalai.. :ee: sonnalum neriya perukku puriya poratu illai :wink:

Idiot
10-13-2007, 02:35 PM
I have uninstalled my TVU and SOP Cast player. I checked the system for virus and also with cc cleaner.

But still I am hearing this sound sometimes. When I noticed it exactly there is a now thing called iexplorer.exe is running automatically if i close that sound is also stopping. Even I close it starts automatically after few minutes. :snooty: :snooty:
v- I also tried this hijackfiles.. it shows me lot of log files I am bit afraid to cure all the files .. may be it will delete some other required files.

vasan
10-13-2007, 07:37 PM
Eggy,

iexplorer.exe is a process belonging to the AdClicker advertising program. This process monitors your browsing habits and distributes the data back to the author's servers for analysis. This also prompts advertising popups. This process is a security risk and should be removed from your system..

http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/iexplorer/

There are ton of cleanup utilities on the web. You can use one of them. Or you can find out, how to disable (remove/reset the registry). All info is available on the web. Type iexplorer.exe on your google.

Should work out.. :b:

v-

Sri
10-13-2007, 08:32 PM
Chummava sonaanga periyavanga :ahha: enna sonaangannu naan sollalai.. :ee: sonnalum neriya perukku puriya poratu illai :wink:

Oh-ho, sir-kkae theriyathu, apparam enna periya build-up "Chummava sonaanga periyavanga "? :wawa: :wawa: :wawa: :wawa:

Sri

Idiot
10-15-2007, 04:38 AM
Re-formatted the c drive alone. it seems to be ok. But its bit slow now :snooty: :snooty:

any ways Thank you guys :b:

vennpuraa
10-19-2007, 08:54 PM
iig.........summerize panni vidunga............ :ee:

whats the Problem??

whats the solution??

how did u solved it ??

:ee: :ee: