PDA

View Full Version : arindum arivadavay

blunex
10-18-2007, 02:50 PM
Dear frinds we perfom certain actions in our daily tredisional worship for which we do not now the reail meaning and the effect it has on ous. Here I would like to share some of them which I know and request other members to share more others which they are aware.To start with the bigining of our any prayer starts as suklam baradharam vishnum sasivaradharam satur bujam prasana vadhanam dayade sarva vigno ubasandaya for which we have to hit the potu on our forhead with our hand fist five timen chanting the above manthra can any one explain the reail signifisance of this actio ?

blunex
10-19-2007, 04:14 PM
Since I did not receive any responce so far I would to give the explanation my self. The Potu which is situated just above the years is a vital joint and tapping this spot crea5s a small shock in the brain which causes to change your line of thinking from the present to that of your desire

Bluelotus
10-19-2007, 05:39 PM
At the risk of sounding like a complete ignoramus, are you referring to a Vaishnavite tradition?
I am assuming it to be so, since I have never done this or seen anyone do this :think:

Ncm
10-19-2007, 05:58 PM
oh boy oh boy...if only us humans weren't so greedy with our desires :Ksp::Ksp::Ksp:

Sri
10-19-2007, 06:01 PM
Must have been smoking pot when I posted this, :doh: :doh:

Sri

rajesh
10-19-2007, 11:50 PM
Sukhlam Bharatharam Vishnum...sloka is repeated prior to Sankalpam for any poojai, I knew you you'd need to tap just above your ears five times but, was not aware of the reason...Thanks bluenex !