PDA

View Full Version : Compulsory community Services at Village during MBBS

Shy
10-30-2007, 06:54 PM
Minister Anbumani proposed this "Compulsory Community Services at Villages" for an year and thus extending MBBS to 6 years. Ofcourse, all students were against this and gave their own reasons.

Personally, I feel this is a good thought and I am surprised why the young generation who :sm11: :sm11: when a movie like Gentleman, Indian, Sivaji pops up and gives all types of social dialogues at coffeebars and pubs, but when it comes to actually doing it, they back off?

What do you guys think?

Shy

vasan
10-30-2007, 07:03 PM
Discrimination against doctors. Make it compulsory for everyone - engineers and students of literature and what not - to do the same. Why punish the docs, because they want to practice medicine?

I am against Govt imposed restrictions such as this. If the students want to take a year break to do volunteer work - the schools should have provisions to do it. Govt imposition is not right.

v-

Shy
10-30-2007, 07:10 PM
Discrimination against doctors. Make it compulsory for everyone - engineers and students of literature and what not - to do the same. Why punish the docs, because they want to practice medicine?

I am against Govt imposed restrictions such as this. If the students want to take a year break to do volunteer work - the schools should have provisions to do it. Govt imposition is not right.

v-

docs, teachers thavira vera yaar village la poi enna pana mudiyum others.. :think:

may be they are starting with mbbs., whats wrong in it..

above all profession out isnt their the noble one, serving the people :think:

Shy

vasan
10-30-2007, 07:19 PM
above all profession out isnt their the noble one, serving the people :think:

Shy

No. Teaching is more noble - not just healing a broken hand, but makes people who they are.
Cleaning out the streets is aslo more noble. Not only it helps provide a clean germ free area in the world, but reduces sickness all over the country. If no one cleaned it up, the doctors will have more jobs than they can handle.

may be they are starting with mbbs., whats wrong in it..

Govt cannot impose. There is a good reason why it is called 'volunteer' work. You can't volunteer others.

If the govt says it is compulsory for every one - make education until 10th a compulsory one and volunteering at 18years old a compulsory one. Only exception - if you join military at 18. Everyone else must do their part.

Infact, if a person has not served for one year in a volunteer program - he should not be eligible to run in an election. :wink: :b: You can't be an MLA/MP, chief minister and what not, if you didn't serve at least one year as a volunteer. Enough of movie actors and PhDs in high positions. Now is the time to really bring both educated and service minded people to power. Now that is logical and sensible. :b:

v-

Idiot
10-30-2007, 07:26 PM

v-

Do you mean living in Indian village as a part of work is punishment? :think: :think:

Even though I accept your point that it should not be made compulsory only to doctors.

Its not that engineers cannot do anything.

Civil engiineers can make a better road, Chemical engineers can clean the ponds, rivers and make it safety to drink, mechanical engineers can check for problems related to mechanical work in farms and automobiles, informatic can try to make a data base for all the residents in a small village :b:

I object it as a rule but they can make it voluntary equally to all the studies. Already doctors study for 5 years and then masters and then practice .. its make them looong time to settle in their personal life. 17 varusham school padichittu, 4 varusham computer padichittu avan avan 4 - 5 lakhs salary solluvanuvoo.. doctors mattum 6 varusham ithulae community service vera :Ksp:

Minnie
10-30-2007, 07:39 PM

v-

This question rises when a Indian Dr wants to continue his/her career in US..when they call s/w and give work,,why not to Dr's

Do you mean living in Indian village as a part of work is punishment? :think: :think:

Even though I accept your point that it should not be made compulsory only to doctors.

Its not that engineers cannot do anything.

Civil engiineers can make a better road, Chemical engineers can clean the ponds, rivers and make it safety to drink, mechanical engineers can check for problems related to mechanical work in farms and automobiles, informatic can try to make a data base for all the residents in a small village :b:

I object it as a rule but they can make it voluntary equally to all the studies. Already doctors study for 5 years and then masters and then practice .. its make them looong time to settle in their personal life. 17 varusham school padichittu, 4 varusham computer padichittu avan avan 4 - 5 lakhs salary solluvanuvoo.. doctors mattum 6 varusham ithulae community service vera :Ksp:

:sm12::sm12::sm12::sm12::sm12: Hope you arent a Doc :rolleyes: My cousins, some of them are dentist and I hear they do go to different places once a week and to far of place once a month for a oral health check-up :ee: but they also polambal a lot :wawa:

Ncm
10-30-2007, 07:41 PM
Infact, if a person has not served for one year in a volunteer program - he should not be eligible to run in an election. :wink: :b: You can't be an MLA/MP, chief minister and what not, if you didn't serve at least one year as a volunteer. Enough of movie actors and PhDs in high positions. Now is the time to really bring both educated and service minded people to power. Now that is logical and sensible. :b:

laws are passed by the gvt...gvt is elected by the people (assuming there is no vote-rigging etc. :Ksp: ) ...if the gvt is run (mainly) by movie actors and phds...then how could it possibly be implemented? my question.

vasan
10-30-2007, 07:44 PM

No. Forcing some one to do something is a punishment.

While others are able to practice being engineers or anything else, the doctors are now under goverment rule to work in someplace under circumstances that don't necessarily contribute to their studies. Why pay tuition and spend a lot of money when you learn nothing new? Why should Govt force them?

v-

vasan
10-30-2007, 07:46 PM
This question rises when a Indian Dr wants to continue his/her career in US..when they call s/w and give work,,why not to Dr's

I don't understand, minnie.. :think: enna solla vareengannu puriyalaiye.. :( :(

I am not asking the Docs not to do it. I am saying govt imposing is wrong. :b:

v-

Minnie
10-30-2007, 07:47 PM

While others are able to practice being engineers or anything else, the doctors are now under goverment rule to work in someplace under circumstances that don't necessarily contribute to their studies. Why pay tuition and spend a lot of money when you learn nothing new? Why should Govt force them?

v-

Yup. Poor Doc. Just cos they learn medicine ppl just force them a lot....enna aagumoooo instead of giving force to the medical students,may be they can ask all the senior Doc for camping once a month :rolleyes:

Minnie
10-30-2007, 07:51 PM
I don't understand, minnie.. :think: enna solla vareengannu puriyalaiye.. :( :(

I am not asking the Docs not to do it. I am saying govt imposing is wrong. :b:

v-

Have few friends from India, they all are Doc's, was working back in India. But If they need to work here, paavam those ppl they have too take a written exam to find their eligiblity, and go to college...they polambify too much..athaan sonnae :rolleyes:

Ncm
10-30-2007, 07:56 PM
pity these services wouldn't work as a punishment either :rolleyes:

Shy
10-30-2007, 08:05 PM
Have few friends from India, they all are Doc's, was working back in India. But If they need to work here, paavam those ppl they have too take a written exam to find their eligiblity, and go to college...they polambify too much..athaan sonnae :rolleyes:

ofcourse.. what they learn in MBBS is different from what they would have learnt here... its not like computers or other engg stuff.. which is common everywhere...

So if they want to work here, then they need to be eligible right.. athula enna thappu... oru country thanooda citizenskku paaka pora docs check panrathu nalla vishaiyam thaane...

namba thaan us doc na kannai mutitu indiala kaalula vizhuroom... usa isnt... so its bad?

Shy

Minnie
10-30-2007, 08:14 PM
ofcourse.. what they learn in MBBS is different from what they would have learnt here... its not like computers or other engg stuff.. which is common everywhere...

So if they want to work here, then they need to be eligible right.. athula enna thappu... oru country thanooda citizenskku paaka pora docs check panrathu nalla vishaiyam thaane...

namba thaan us doc na kannai mutitu indiala kaalula vizhuroom... usa isnt... so its bad?

Shy

if you take girls,,mostly they come here after their marriage,,make a guess what their age could be...later again they have to prepare for exams/then 2 - 3 yrs course pavaam they...thats why they are polambifying :rolleyes:

vasan
10-30-2007, 08:18 PM
But If they need to work here, paavam those ppl they have too take a written exam to find their eligiblity, and go to college...they polambify too much..athaan sonnae :rolleyes:

:)

Yeah.. they have to do that everywhere, actually. Take medical license exams..

Same thing with engineering too. To be a licensed engineer (provide engineering services, consultancy and take govt contracts), you should pass your PE exam (Professional engineer). And that is state specific too. You need PE license every state.. :wink: :)

That is a rule even if you are an american citizen, studied in an american university (ABET accredited school). Usually kids take these exams close to senior year (FIT exam) and then they are required to work in an engineering job for two years (??) or so before taking the PE exam. Nice fun. :) You don't need this if you are simply working under some company (where there will be people who will have PE, and in theory they are the chief of the project). Same rules for architects, lawyers etc too.

One of these days, I need to take FIT too..

v-

Shy
10-30-2007, 08:20 PM
if you take girls,,mostly they come here after their marriage,,make a guess what their age could be...later again they have to prepare for exams/then 2 - 3 yrs course pavaam they...thats why they are polambifying :rolleyes:

It's their decision to get married and come here.. if career is so important, why not pursue that first... Atleast these girls have an easy way to get into USA with dependent visa and they still pursue their dream, what about N number of guys out there who are getting plain rejections when they want to come here for studies etc....

I really get angry when I hear such polambals... do something on ur own and then whine;nu solanumnu irukkum... hubby kuttittu vanthaachu.. what did u expect, walk next day to a hospital and start earning?

Shy

vasan
10-30-2007, 08:21 PM
later again they have to prepare for exams/then 2 - 3 yrs course pavaam they...thats why they are polambifying :rolleyes:

What is there in an exam? If you know your stuff well, you should pass it. :wink: :)

I show my teeth to this girl from India, and pay a ton of money to fix it, and I should atleast know that she knows her stuff. Avanga paatukku India-la 10 lakhs kuduthu oru degree vangittu vandhu enakku thollai kuduthaa? I will sue, and medical malpractice and court and insurance increase-nnu only added head ache.

Its best to test them periodically. Engineers need to get their PE renewed (with written exams) every five years. Why not docs? :Ksp: :wink:

v-

Minnie
10-30-2007, 08:24 PM
It's their decision to get married and come here.. if career is so important, why not pursue that first... Atleast these girls have an easy way to get into USA with dependent visa and they still pursue their dream, what about N number of guys out there who are getting plain rejections when they want to come here for studies etc....

I really get angry when I hear such polambals... do something on ur own and then whine;nu solanumnu irukkum... hubby kuttittu vanthaachu.. what did u expect, walk next day to a hospital and start earning?

Shy

i just give my ears,,avalo thaan my work so no ideas more :wawa:

Shy
10-30-2007, 08:28 PM
i just give my ears,,avalo thaan my work so no ideas more :wawa:

may be next time, instead of wasting ur time, atleast talk some sense to them..

Let them, nothing is free in America.. work hard towards it nu sollu ;)

Shy

Minnie
10-30-2007, 08:31 PM
may be next time, instead of wasting ur time, atleast talk some sense to them..

Let them, nothing is free in America.. work hard towards it nu sollu ;)

Shy

sonnalum puriyadhu shy...apparam i have to sit for 8 hrs over the phone,,ithu ennaku vennuma...so these days i keep myself away ;)

vasan
10-30-2007, 08:33 PM
Let them, nothing is free in America.. work hard towards it nu sollu :wink:

Shy

You gotta work very hard for the American Dream.. :wink: :clap: :clap:
One thing: Most times, hard work pays off.. :b: You do your work, most times you can succeed to a reasonably good extent. And you are lucky, sky is the limit. :)

Land of the free, home of the brave,
and country of immigrants willing to work hard for their families.. :b: :wink:

(yes.. yes.. copied them from tourist dept brochure.. :sm12: :sm12: )

v-

katteri
10-31-2007, 06:28 PM
Minister Anbumani proposed this "Compulsory Community Services at Villages" for an year and thus extending MBBS to 6 years. Ofcourse, all students were against this and gave their own reasons.

Personally, I feel this is a good thought and I am surprised why the young generation who :sm11: :sm11: when a movie like Gentleman, Indian, Sivaji pops up and gives all types of social dialogues at coffeebars and pubs, but when it comes to actually doing it, they back off?

What do you guys think?

Shy

Nonsense....

It affects the freedom of basic human rights...No one can dictate wht shd I do.....esply govt...

Ok coming to the argument...

To be a politician...has he done any social work....UNPAID social work, paid work..

as a criteria to contest in the election.....

Shall we bring this as a rule...?

Will they do it?

Certainlyy not...

Ok , can anbumani proove that he has done the same when he got graduated......

Brainless minister

Stupid people...

Namma tamilandu makkal mathurri oru mutta pasanga la paaka mudiyaathu....

Anubhavi raaja anubhavi..

katteri
10-31-2007, 06:32 PM

v-
Exactly....

The decision wht shd i eat , wht i wear, wht i do is my choice..

i dont want some one to intrude in my life...

If this is implemented....wont it affect my rights....

dinesh
11-04-2007, 02:06 PM
Voluntary service is good, but it shouldn't discriminate against medical students or even just students. You can have a rule that all 18yr olds have to do one year community service, regardless of who they are.

Shy
11-04-2007, 02:06 PM
Vasan... innaiku Vijay Tv la neeya naana la

doctors Vs Doctors nadanthathu..

who against this and who for this.

U know who came to answer ?? MP Anbumani...

Avaree oru doctora iruthavar who then with no compulsion worked in some village for 2 years..

Also this is an national bill and every other state is ok with it, only TN, some students are jumping up and down..

The way they talked was complete stupid u know..they were asking for permanent job.... this is the only profession where u can walk and start working.. not like IT or others where u need someone to give a job..

He gave statistics... 58% infant death, some more 50% pregnant ladies death.. also.. a biggest embarassment is people still die of cholera... in such a world thats a huge mistake in medical field.. what do we learn from this.. theres no one to help the 73% of people in villages with just 25% hygiene env... Now thats the NEED..

World compares us with afganishtan, burma when it comes to medical fit.. but they compare america for IT...

We need to work on places where our country needs us.. not fight to pull everyone else nu sonaar...

Very valid... tomorrow if theres a need for computers and everything else, they will also be pulled in.. but now.. its the medical help those 73% of our population need and u know what???

this program is not just about these guys going to work there... there are just a small part of this solution.. providing the infrastructure and making sure everything in place in there.. also there are not of sub programs provided... these guys just have to follow their oath and just work for 1 year.... also one year not in village? 1 year is split as 4 months in district, 4 months in thaluk and 4 months in village(may be i am wrong in specifying the name, but u get the picture)

The guys who spoke against .. their debate was so quick.. we need permanent job, we need money nu...

you know what MP said... see you need work right, you are a in a noble profession, yeah? so I am the MP, I am telling you right now.. there are doctors needed in orissa, manipal, rajashtan.. who are ready to go and work there.. i mean not just in the program.. u can extend your work there.. who are ready nu sollunga.. i will make sure u get ur appt sonaar.. out of 35 people.. just 10-12 raised their hands.. this is the fate of our country..

athukkum they justified.. we dont know language.. athu ithunu.. aana these people are ready to spend another 2 years in writing exams and working abroad.. complete money minded and these people can just let go from this noble profession and let others who are interested and welcoming this program to go ahead,

chumma kootama katha thaan theriyum.. but when it comes to individual .. oodi olinchupaanga... :doh: :doh:

Vasan, you didnt get the whole picture... u got to read all those articles.. its in our (.in) site...

Shy

Shy
11-04-2007, 02:10 PM
Voluntary service is good, but it shouldn't discriminate against medical students or even just students. You can have a rule that all 18yr olds have to do one year community service, regardless of who they are.

To graduate a doctor graduate, a govt college la padikara student is spending 2 lakhs for 5 years and govt is spending 10 lakhs...

Govt is not doing anything for any other profession and as I said before.. Govt can only ask for help where needed..if tomorrow the need IT, or Civil or mechanical.. ofcourse we should be ready to help out.. you chose medical profession with a dialogue that you have service oriented mind and all that and money is only second.. and when the govt gives u everything u need, why not do it... you are ready to go to US and study for 7 years and not 6 years in ur own country???

Shy

dinesh
11-04-2007, 02:27 PM
Govt is not doing anything for any other profession and as I said before.. Govt can only ask for help where needed..if tomorrow the need IT, or Civil or mechanical.. ofcourse we should be ready to help out.. you chose medical profession with a dialogue that you have service oriented mind and all that and money is only second.. and when the govt gives u everything u need, why not do it... you are ready to go to US and study for 7 years and not 6 years in ur own country???
Which is kind of what I am saying, you serve the taxpayers of your country by working for them, but why should it only be limited to medical students. All young people get taxpayers' help one way or the other so why shouldn't everyone do community service?

If it is only medical services that are needed then yes, medical students can be used. But I am not ready to believe that there is no need for volunteer workers in any of India's rural areas. They can build schools, they can teach primary kids, they can build housing there is so much to do.

Shy
11-04-2007, 03:58 PM
Which is kind of what I am saying, you serve the taxpayers of your country by working for them, but why should it only be limited to medical students. All young people get taxpayers' help one way or the other so why shouldn't everyone do community service?

Exactly.. but ippo IT or civil or mechanical or chemical problem illaiyee... world level la 58% infant death in India just and only because not proper medical care.... now thats where we need to work on.. 73% population are not in good hygiene environment, with no medical help.. Thats important for this country right now.. As I said earlier.. if they need help in other industry obviously, they had to do it as well..

If it is only medical services that are needed then yes, medical students can be used. But I am not ready to believe that there is no need for volunteer workers in any of India's rural areas. They can build schools, they can teach primary kids, they can build housing there is so much to do.

athaan sonen vasan kitayum... .in (govt sites la) ella statisticsum irukku... schools la.. teacherskku jobs illai.. athaan situation.. oru taluk'la oru schoolaathu irukku.. but snakes, oru tent ippadi thaan hospital irukku... Also all countries that have developed.. they concentrate on the health... but india athai miss panrathu.. which is not a healthy development.. and starting of with that it not at all wrong..

oru village kku cholera or pregnancy la iranthu poraanga vachukoonga.. avangalukku athu thaan top priority to get some help.. appuram thaan computers to get their info stored.. to get schools and all that.. for health thaane important.. and oru percent kuraikka on these infanity death etc.... from 58% to 57% lakhs and lakhs have to work and crores and crores had to be spent... When govt is ready to do all these, why is so hard for the students who brag abt their noble professionalism and all that to spend some few months in the village.. (as I said one year is not in a village - 4 months in district, 4 months in taluk, 4 more in village etc) As that Minister said in todays interview.. These students going and helping out is just a smallllllllll..very small part of the solution.. lots and lots are being spent on the infrastructure.. all these stupids had to do is to go and gain some experience and help out the govt for 4 months.

Shy

Bluelotus
11-04-2007, 07:20 PM
The whole idea is great, but theoretically really stupid. If I was a villager in a remote part of India, far from the large urban conglomerates, the last thing I want is a unqualified medical student experimenting on me in my hour of need!!!!!
I mean have these people seriously considered what they are talking of?
A med student is worse than having a local shaman doing his hocus pocus/herbology.

Perhaps, they should consider the Greek medical system, where graduates are sent for a year to some remote Greek place (one hopes a nice island :ahha: ), and only after completing that "internship" do they receive their full medical lisence.
I do agree that a newly graduated doctor may not be that much better than a student, but woudln't you feel that much happier that the said person had passed an exam before he/she was allowed to carry out an external fixation of your fractured femur?

Why not give added incentives to doctors to promote country practice?

Nothing to do with nobility, more people wish to become doctors for status and money than due to noble intentions...
(which is really dumb cos you could earn so much more working in the financial sector :Ksp: )

Shy
11-04-2007, 07:44 PM
sweetlotus...

In India chennai GH(General Hospital-Govt hospital nu artham) are run by HS and MD(?)s. thats the fate of not just chennai .....any govt hospital. There will be senior doctors visiting other than their private time.. but full time ange paarthukarthu these students thaan....

Also why is it stupid.. they are not in their first year of study or anything.. in their 6th year (in indian 5 years ooda mbbs is done.. they go for a job) its extended to one year where they work in real life out there..

practical la learn panrathu thaane shape up the doctor???? appuram bayantha eppadi?

Shy

Bluelotus
11-05-2007, 10:45 AM
sweetlotus...

In India chennai GH(General Hospital-Govt hospital nu artham) are run by HS and MD(?)s. thats the fate of not just chennai .....any govt hospital. There will be senior doctors visiting other than their private time.. but full time ange paarthukarthu these students thaan....

Also why is it stupid.. they are not in their first year of study or anything.. in their 6th year (in indian 5 years ooda mbbs is done.. they go for a job) its extended to one year where they work in real life out there..

practical la learn panrathu thaane shape up the doctor???? appuram bayantha eppadi?

Shy

What are HS and MD?
accronyms vary all over the world...

If they are finalist, why not let them graduate and only give them their license after they complete this final requirement? if you do call them students then that to me implies as yet unqualified.
practice certainly does make perfect, as the saying goes,and rural practice would probably be even better than urban since you'd see a lot more acute cases. however don't send them over there as undergrads, send over after they hav completed their exams and prior to giving full license to practice. In this way you also ensure that they take greater care and are liable.

And come, do you really think they would have as great a supervision as in the general hospitals of large urban sprawls in that tiny hamlet in the middle of nowhere?
I doubt it. At best they might get one cranky resident/senior house officer on call, with a consultant/attendig physician poping in every 3 days ....

and if most of these students are objecting to it, on grounds that they wish to earn money (which I understand, cos you can't live on air... ) then the fact that they have not taken the oath and are feeling put upon by the govt woudl make me feel extremely uneasy.

Give them a stipend, good housing and let them do it post taking their finals and their oath but prior to obtaining full license.