திருக்குறள ் குரலோசை ஒலிஇயக்குன ர்கள்

Wanted

ThirukkuRal kuralOsai Readers

~~~~~~~

Hey People,

Much in line with

குரலினிது யாழினிது என்பர்தம் மக்கள்
மழலைச் சொல்கேளா தவர்

I thought of producing a simple audio version of Thirukural - read by our very own honey-tounged Geetham DJS. :)

What I have in mind is 133 audio clips for 133 adhikarams of Thirukural.

a) Each person to state his/her name and couple of lines of whatever they want to say;
b) read the number of adhikaram, division, title of adhikaaram
c) read the 10 kurals in each of the adhikaram. :b:

~~~~~~~~~~

Ideally I would like every DJ and every member of Geetham to read atleast one chapter/adhikaram. So we can play it on radio - and download it onto our MP3 players. Release it worldwide, if we want to have it that way - with GNU licensed MP3 version free for everyone.. :b:

Are you game?

You can take your time to read and prepare etc. Just a simple MP3 version thats all..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Come on people.. read it for me.. :pray: :sm08: :sm08:

bestest way to listen to kuRal is through the kuralOsai of your beloved geetham family.. :sm05: :sm08:

~~~~~~~~~~~

Last warning:

If you don't volunteer, I will assign the topic to you, and make you read it anyways.. :wink: :oops: :)

thanks lovely people.. :sm08:

v-

vasan
01-08-2008, 08:27 PM
I am sure all of you are rushing to committ to read.. so here is the deal:

1) Post your willingness to read.
2) Kural has 3 sections: aram, poruL, inpam. Choose which section you want to read. :b: If you are familiar with the chapters/adhikaram, you can choose and let us know too. :b:

Do it today, please.. :wink: :)

v-

vennpuraa
01-08-2008, 09:45 PM
Kadavul vaazhthu-வழிபாடு-கடவுள் வாழ்த்து
Pukal-புகழ்
Nadpu-நட்பு
kalvi -கல்வி

Q1: tamil verson pannalaam rite??
Q2: Meaning ellaam record pannanumaa??

and ill do in my own time......

vasan
01-08-2008, 09:51 PM
a1) Only the tamil version needs to be recorded. :b: No english.
a2) For now, there is no need for recording the 'meaning'. Just only kural. :b:

Thanks for volunteering Dr. Doves. :sm08:

133-4 = 129 remaining.. :wink: :)

If you wish, you could ask your friends and family members too, if they want to record Thirukkural. :b: It would be cool.. :b:

v-

vennpuraa
01-08-2008, 09:53 PM
sure will ask my friends........if they want.......i'll let u know:)

vasan
01-08-2008, 09:55 PM
thanks, dove anna.. :sm08: :wink:

v-

suha
01-09-2008, 12:41 AM
thathajaan.....wanted thiru kural :rolleyes: means u want mr. voice.....thiru means mr ....am i right?:rolleyes: u dont wont miss .voice :rolleyes::rolleyes:

daya
01-09-2008, 01:21 AM
Last warning:

If you don't volunteer, I will assign the topic to you, and make you read it anyways.. :wink: :oops: :)

thanks lovely people.. :sm08:

v-

Vasan you remind a teacher of mine...:)

Count me in...

Minnie
01-09-2008, 01:36 AM
thatha....good thinking..i havent heard any thirukkural...hoping to hear it now thru geetham :)

Thatha,count me out :ee:

vasan
01-09-2008, 01:47 AM
No, no minnal.. :b:

Romba easy-maa.. I will write it up in english.. you can try it a few times.. read it aloud to mom/dad.. and record it.. :b:

The thirukural I quoted above says: people say flute is melodious and violin is great.. only because they haven't heard the children speak.. :wink: :) I don't want to listen to thirukural by great tamil poets. I want to listen to thirukural by my friends.. including our very own minnal.. :sm05: :) Trust me.. there is nothing sweeter than my friends.. :wink: :)

So yeah.. no escape.. :b: Take the easiest of the chapters.. I can choose one for you.. :b: And just read thats all.. :b: Romba easy.. :b: :)

thanks, minnal.. :sm08:

v-

vennpuraa
01-09-2008, 01:50 AM
ya minnie there is some easy one to say..

suha
01-09-2008, 02:26 PM
is this thirukural? ..... http://www.tamilnation.org/literature/kural/index.htm

everything on tamil :rolleyes: