PDA

View Full Version : FedEx Derails...

Venki1960
01-26-2008, 01:43 PM
Did anyone watch the Djokovic - Federer game? I have never seen Federer look so pedestrian. He just couldn't seem to figure out where Djokovic was hitting. The key to Federer's game has been his astounding anticipation. He is usually waiting for the ball even when his opponent comes up with a great shot. But in the Semis of the Australian Open, Djokovic was wrong footing him time and again. It is a bit early to say if Federer has met his match and if this will be the start of a new era, but it sure was kind of odd to see Federer helpless and beaten in straight sets - apparently hasn't happened since 2002.
At the end of the game, Federer looked quite poised - almost seemed to like the feeling of being humbled :think: Typically folks rush off in a hurry when they lose badly, but he threw his sweatband to the crowd, waved and left.

Hope we can have a great sporting rivalry between Federer and Djokovic (his fitness seems suspect) we can enjoy during the next few years :)

Shy
01-26-2008, 02:46 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Fedex wasnt feeling well :ahha: athaan olunga adalai...

he will be back..

be back

back..

:ee:

Shy

vasan
01-28-2008, 06:35 PM
Didn't see the game.. But was not surprised.. :)

If I remember correctly even the US Open was a touch and go last year.. With the kind of competition, surviving on top this long is already pretty hard.. :b:

Unfortunately for Federer, the next is French open.. :ee: :)

~~~~~~~~~~~

While on the topic.. heard my girl won.. :wink: :clap: :clap:

v-

ns80
01-29-2008, 02:28 AM
Did you guys watch his 3rd round match against the unseeded Tipsarevic ? He struggled some 4 1/2 hrs to win him.

Venki1960
02-01-2008, 03:12 AM
yes, ns80 - that was a struggle as well. Serbian surge was huge this time.
But as Shy pointed out, perhaps he wasnt' well :think:
He did not move much at all :confused:
Also as one of the commentators had pointed out, now that he doesn't have to carry the 'grandslam' load for this year, pressure may be off his shoulders during the French open. Enna panraru pakkalam :)