PDA

View Full Version : Love & Friendship

ragupathyg
02-01-2008, 10:44 AM
[:confused:FONT="Trebuchet MS"]What is difference between Love & Friendship ??
Could anyone please explain this simple terms.....[/FONT]

vennpuraa
02-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Love endaa..........kastapadanum... .............
santhosam tharumpothu maddum irukkum.......thurkam tharumpothu irukkaathu

Friendsendaa........... santhosam vanthaalum sari thurkamvanthaalum sari pakathilaje iruppaanga........... lovefailaa enda friendsthaanai help them to feelbetter so.............

i know ididn't say well.......etho sonnan....

suha
02-01-2008, 03:36 PM
:sm36::sm36::sm36::sm36:

dovey dovey :sm36:

vennpuraa
02-01-2008, 03:37 PM
enaachu suha.......:think:

suha
02-01-2008, 03:54 PM
nothing..........nee sonathu ennake purillee :sm36:

Teena
02-01-2008, 06:13 PM
nothing..........nee sonathu ennake purillee :sm36:

unnaku ippo yenna puriyala.......puravoda personal experience pathi solrar.;)

yenna Mr. Dovey correcta;)

vennpuraa
02-01-2008, 06:16 PM
personala onnum illai......just ivalavunaaalum movies paarthathai vaichu analyze panni solluran ;)

Bluelotus
02-01-2008, 07:13 PM
very good mate very good :clap:
I can see that none of those hours spent watching Kollywood films have been wasted :ahha:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dude if you still don't know the difference between love and friendship or the similarity, at this point in life only God in his omnipotence may help you ...
I would seriously advise an interview with "his eminence, the Pope" :)

Kathalan
02-03-2008, 02:44 AM
Love Pannittu Appuram Friendship Aahugka, Athaan Nalladhu
Friendship'pa Irundhuttu Appuram Love Panna... :sm18:

Ugkaloda Weakness'sai Yellaam Puttu Puttu Vaippaagka... :evil:

suha
02-03-2008, 03:53 AM
unnaku ippo yenna puriyala.......puravoda personal experience pathi solrar.;)

yenna Mr. Dovey correcta;)

:sm36::sm36::sm36:

dovey vandhu....bachaaaaa:wawa:athuk u enna teriyum:sm36::sm36:

============================== ==========

my opinion for ..... this topis is.........

love or friendship.... whtever:wawa:.....nothing is true:break: dont belive anything:grrr:........love ur self..trust urself......thats fine:yawn::cool:

i like to sing this song.......akele hein tho kya ghum hei:sm06:

hnbhat
02-03-2008, 04:25 AM
very good mate very good :clap:
I can see that none of those hours spent watching Kollywood films have been wasted :ahha:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dude if you still don't know the difference between love and friendship or the similarity, at this point in life only God in his omnipotence may help you ...
I would seriously advise an interview with "his eminence, the Pope" :)
Love and Friendship. You can love your Friend and vice versa your lover can be your Friend. This seems what Venpura has the idea of Love and Friendship. I have no idea. No Friends No lover for ever. "A Friend in Need is a Friend indeed." That is a time-worn definition of a friend. Also one who shares your worries and happiness is the best friend. Etymologically, being friends, is friendship. The word Love, on the otherhand, is used with different connotations in different contexts with different shades from ones liking towards a person or thing or to higher levels of philosophical speculations. Basically, it is the same emotion of attachment with a thing or person. But its shade varies depending on the other end of your love. The difference is too subtle to be described in words in the social cirles depending on the habits of the people also. The difference of sweetness betwen that of icecream, jagerin, sugar, sugar cane, sugar cane juice is too subtle that it has be tasted only to differentiate from one or other. So is love. Hope this makes the difference betwen Love nd Friendship in short. For similarity, it may be varrying from business partnership to partnership in life. Both depend on the economic fluctuations of the shares involved. This is my sincere opinion. I am not good at giving lectures like the Pope. I have put forward my opinion bluntly without any sophistication.

Bluelotus
02-04-2008, 09:10 PM
Also one who shares your worries and happiness is the best friend.

That's not true. For instance, my parents, they share my fears, worries and happiness as much as my friends, in actual fact probably more so than my friend would. So would a husband or boyfriend, so would my siblings.
I'm not denigrating friendship, but unless a very strong connection exists, which is deeper than the bonds of friendship, the emotions felt by your friend will in no way equate the strength of that felt by those others.
I supported my friend through the grief of losing her father. I cried with her, I empathised with her, she leaned on me through the whole funeral and after. However I would never pretend that what I felt was as close to what her mother felt. As a friend you may take on only so much.

The word Love is used with different connotations in different contexts with different shades from ones liking towards a person or thing or to higher levels of philosophical speculations. Basically, it is the same emotion of attachment with a thing or person. But its shade varies depending on the other end of your love. The difference is too subtle to be described in words in the social cirles depending on the habits of the people also.

They are many forms of love. I agree that sometimes the English language is a little too vague, but I don't think that it is impossible to differentiate love in words.
for instance there is charity, a form of love.
lust, another form of love - would definitely use that particular word if thinking of brad pitt :ahha:
respect, admiration, affection, are but a few others...

Both depend on the economic fluctuations of the shares involved.

Both should in fact transcends economics ;)

This is my sincere opinion. I am not good at giving lectures like the Pope. I have put forward my opinion bluntly without any sophistication.

I disagree, it was n't a bad lecture at all :ee:

hnbhat
02-05-2008, 04:39 AM
That's not true. For instance, my parents, they share my fears, worries and happiness as much as my friends, in actual fact probably more so than my friend would. So would a husband or boyfriend, so would my siblings.
I'm not denigrating friendship, but unless a very strong connection exists, which is deeper than the bonds of friendship, the emotions felt by your friend will in no way equate the strength of that felt by those others.
I supported my friend through the grief of losing her father. I cried with her, I empathised with her, she leaned on me through the whole funeral and after. However I would never pretend that what I felt was as close to what her mother felt. As a friend you may take on only so much.

Sharing ones worries and happiness with a friend and each other makes the friendship firm, intensified and last longer. It is not the exclusive definition of friendship, I meant. It is out of love for you, your parents, spouse, brothers, sisters and kins share your sorrow and grief and it is the way they can express their love towards you. For a friend, it is a test and who withstands this test is the true friend. Otherwise, it is only casual. After your need is over, you can dispense with the friendship. Hope this makes sense.

They are many forms of love. I agree that sometimes the English language is a little too vague, but I don't think that it is impossible to differentiate love in words.
for instance there is charity, a form of love.
lust, another form of love - would definitely use that particular word if thinking of brad pitt :ahha:
respect, admiration, affection, are but a few others...

I agree that you can differentiate between the different forms of love as affection, respect, devotion (in the case of any cause/thing/person/god/princiole) which will be mostly conditioned and definied by the receipient end of the love. But the different shades of love, your love for your mother is different than that towards your father, than that towards your sister, lover etc. in degrees and hues. This meant you have to make the difference by feeling it.

Both should in fact transcends economics ;)

Ideally both friendship and love should be transendental and life long, but in practice, you may rarely find such long lasting bondage in real life. In the case of partnership of life, rarely you will find the same degree and intensity of love in your 20-25 the same in your age of 80-85, the socio-economic conditions of the present day. Otherwise, there wouldn't be so many divorcees and remarriages. In the case of friendship, in the Indian point of view, the friendship is transendental through the cycles of birth according to the World Poet from India, Kalidasa. To quote his words "bhaavasthiraaNi jananaantarasauhrdaani" which means the friendship is transendental through briths and is permenantly impressed in the mind [by instinct]". This is called natural friendship. The other type of friendship is causal one. Just as we have said,a friend in need is a friend indeed. As soon as the need is over, the friendship also may/may not vanish. It doesn't entail any permenancy and hence temporary. In our present day, most friendships end with this much.

And, as for partnership, economic circumstances exert a major part in the intensity and styability of the partnership and in the partnership of life, the intensity of love and bondage, conditioned by the social and economic circumstances in the second place, play the major part. Just for comparison, I clubbed both.

I disagree, it was n't a bad lecture at all :ee:

If my lecture was really not bad, this explanatory note should not be wanting thereto.

suha
02-05-2008, 06:07 AM

:):):agree:

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

so many to say..........but i am dump..............