PDA

View Full Version : Sweets(இனிப்பு ) : Halwas variaties(அல்வா வகைகள்)

muralipr
11-14-2003, 07:09 PM
Badham Halwa

Ingredients :
Almonds - about 20 or 25 Sugar - 1 1/2 cups
Ghee - 1/4 cup Coloring powder - a pinch

Soak the almonds in boiling water for atleast 2 hours. Remove the outer skin and make into a fine paste adding less water. Heat up a pan and add the paste, sugar, coloring agent and 1/2 of the ghee and stir continuously to mix well. Reduce the heat to low and let it remain for some more time. Once the sweet no longer sticks to the sides, add the remaining ghee and mix evenly. Transfer to another greased vessel. :ahha:

muralipr
11-14-2003, 07:11 PM
Banana Halwa

Rava - 1 cup Sugar - 1 cup
Banana Slices - 1 cup Ghee - 1 tsp
Milk - 1 cup
Procedure :
Fry the rava until golden brown in some ghee. Add the banana slices, 1/2 cup water and the milk. Once the rava is cooked, add the sugar and the remaining ghee and mix thoroughly. Once it no longer sticks to the sides of the vessel, remove from the heat / fire and if interested, add some coloring agent.
:ahha:

muralipr
11-14-2003, 07:13 PM
Coconut Halwa

Ingredients :
Coconut - 1 large (or) Grated Coconut - 1 1/2 cups
Rice - 1/2 cup Ghee - 2 tbs
Powdered Jaggery - 1 1/2 cups Cashews - 6
Cardamom - 2
Procedure :
Soak the rice in warm water for atleast an hour prior to preparing. Grind this wet rice along with the coconut without adding much water into a fine smooth paste. In a heavy bottomed vessel, heat up this grind paste along with the powdered jaggery and the cardamom. Stir well and remove from fire when it no longer sticks to the sides of the vessel. Fry the cashew pieces in ghee and add along with the remaining ghee. Mix thoroughly.

muralipr
11-14-2003, 07:14 PM
Carrot Halwa

Ingredients :
Carrots - 4 or 5 medium Sugar - 1 1/2 cups
Milk - 3/4 cup Ghee - 2 tbs
Cashews - 8 Cardamom - 2
Procedure :
Peel the carrot and grate it into thin, even pieces. Heat up 1/2 of the ghee in a heavy bottomed vessel and stir fry the carrot gratings in it, until the raw smell goes away. Add the milk and 1/4 cup water and cook the carrot for a few minutes. Add the sugar and mix well until it dissolves completely. Bring to a boil and stir well. Once it no longer sticks to the sides of the vessel, add the remaining ghee, cashew pieces (fried in ghee) and cardamom and remove from the fire / heat. :ahha:

muralipr
11-14-2003, 07:15 PM
Maida Halwa

Ingredients :
Maida - 3/4 cup Sugar - 1 1/2 cups
Cardamom - 1 Ghee - 3 tbs
Milk - 1/4 cup Coloring agent - a pinch
Procedure :
Add 1/4 cup water to the milk and mix the maida and the coloring agent in it. Beat to mix evenly into a smooth batter. Set aside for 1/2 hour. Heat up the sugar along with 1/4 cup water in a heavy bottomed vessel. Let the sugar dissolve completely and just start to thicken. Mix the prepared batter, cardamom and ghee along with the sugar syrup and continue to heat up. Stir continuously until it no longer sticks to the sides of the vessel.
:ahha: [glow=red:79995c0050][/glow:79995c0050]

muralipr
11-14-2003, 07:17 PM
Pumpkin Halwa

Ingredients :
White Pumpkin - a thick piece Sugar - 1 1/2 cups
Cashew - 6 Milk - 3/4 cup
Ghee - 3 tbs Cardamom - 2
Procedure :
Peel the pumpkin and grate it into fine strips. Squeeze it to remove the water. You may also drain off the excess water using a fine collator. In a heavy bottomed vessel, heat up 1/2 of the ghee and stir fry the dry pumpkin gratings in it. Continue for about 5 minutes. Add milk and 1/4 cup water and cook the pumpkin. Add the sugar and mix well to dissolve completely. Add the cardamom and coloring agent (if using). Reduce the heat and when the sweet no longer sticks to the sides of the vessel, add the remaining ghee and cashew pieces (fried in ghee). Mix well and remove from the heat / fire.

muralipr
11-14-2003, 07:20 PM
Wheat Halwa

Ingredients :
Wheat Flour (Atta) - 3/4 cup Milk - 1/4 cup
Ghee - 1/2 cup Sugar - 1 1/2 cup
Cardamom - 2 Coloring agent - a pinch
Cashew - 6
Procedure :
Add 1/4 cup water to the milk and mix the maida and the coloring agent in it. Beat to mix evenly into a smooth batter. Set aside for 1/2 hour. Heat up the sugar along with 1/4 cup water in a heavy bottomed vessel. Let the sugar dissolve completely and just start to thicken. Mix the prepared batter, cardamom and 1/2 of the ghee along with the sugar syrup and continue to heat up. Stir continuously until it no longer sticks to the sides of the vessel. Pour it over a greased plate and level it out. Add small pieces of cashew on top and while it is still warm, cut the halwa into pieces.
:ahha: [glow=red:62995ec169][/glow:62995ec169]

Shy
11-14-2003, 08:29 PM
hey, thanks for the different types of halwa..

Shy

sri_gan
11-14-2003, 08:36 PM
Official Name of Muralipr Halwa Murali. No offense meant, just funny.

muralipr
11-14-2003, 08:43 PM
yes before getting that name i am going to give halwa for u only srigan
what u say?

anainar
11-14-2003, 08:47 PM
Halwala ithanai varietyaa? Enakku therinjathu Tirunelveli Alva thaan. Athai kanomay ithula?

Anyway, halwa is a very sensitive product. I still remember one of my Deepavali days when my sister decided to do halwa, without my mom's guidance. It so happened that the halwa became solid and stuk to the vaanali and we had to discard the whole vessel. It was very funny. So who ever tries these recipes, be preapred for catastrophes also. Illati, pesama moolaila irukkira sweet kadaila vaangi saapidunga.

Cheers.

sri_gan
11-14-2003, 08:49 PM
yes before getting that name i am going to give halwa for u only srigan
what u say?

Enna vera id la vanthu pesirupenga.... ithelam internet sagacham than.. but ithanai variety halwa kindunathukku peru kodukka vendam... Athunalathan.

muralipr
11-14-2003, 08:50 PM
thats the best idea without any trouble :sm12:

sri_gan
11-14-2003, 09:13 PM
thats the best idea without any trouble :sm12:

Naan oru nalikki 5 recipe than poda sonnen, inniki kuzhanthaigal thinam enbathala.. ezhu recipe podurathukku vittuten + Happy holidays

muralipr
11-14-2003, 09:22 PM
sorry i did not count the number.I said that just for fun.So dont take that serious

madhu_aish1
11-14-2003, 09:24 PM
Enakku therinjathu Tirunelveli Alva thaan. Athai kanomay ithula?

Cheers.

enaku therinchathu . .அமைதிப் படை அல்வா தான்.. athae podungaiyaaa mothalaaaa..

Madhu

sabeshan
11-14-2003, 09:47 PM
Hello.. iruttu kadai halwa nnu onnu solluvaangale... adha neenga inga podave illa?

anainar
11-14-2003, 09:49 PM
Sabesan,

Anth iruttu kadai is a famous halwa shop in Tirunelveli. He makes fixed quantity everyday and people wait in queue to get that halwa. It is a small shot in the town and is a real tasty halwa. It is not a type of halwa.

Cheers.

emyesbee
03-29-2006, 10:44 PM
Maskoth alwanna enna...enga illayeeee :think:

Shy
03-30-2006, 01:07 AM
I got this iruttu kadai halwa last week from my friend whose from tirunelveli.. WOWWWWWWWWWW.. decided to ask people to send it once in a while from India :b: :b: :b:

maskat u mean sakthi.. my cousin is in saudi, ava kondu vanthu iruka... nalla irukkum.. Almonds vachu i think :think:

Shy

emyesbee
03-30-2006, 01:11 AM
maskat u mean sakthi

Ellai Shy. It is maskoth alwa. I do not know what it is.

I got this iruttu kadai halwa last week from my friend whose from tirunelveli.. WOWWWWWWWWWW.. decided to ask people to send it once in a while from India

Naan ethukaagave enga ooru Tirunelveliukku poitu varuven when I go to India. Shy did u read one article that I posted in RT which says more about Irutukadai alwa? It was started by Rajputs and even now its run by rajputs.

sWEEtmICHe
06-08-2006, 01:49 PM
wow i just need this halwa receipe ........... cool ones!!

Shy
06-08-2006, 01:56 PM
Miche.. enna cooking sectionla innaiku romba cook pana poorengo pola iruke..

payasam, halwa... :00: :00: :00: :ee:

Shy

sWEEtmICHe
06-08-2006, 02:02 PM
aammmmmm
shy beauty-- zemud anna getting married -- so wanna do some special receipe,
the bride is coming this week end---- [over seas],
zephr anna kitta sonna seivar ... :sm12: