PDA

View Full Version : Can I kill someone?

Shy
04-22-2008, 10:16 PM
This is the news and let me know what you feel after reading it:

2 women gave birth to a beautiful baby boy and girl at the same time in a hospital in chennai. Due to some messup, the babies were interchanged.

Hospital realized the error and informed the parents. Now both the parents are fighting that they gave birth to the baby boy:break::break::break: and none wants the baby girl:hug::hug::hug:

DNA test has been done. Babies are alone in the hospital right now.. Mommies milk are collected and shared :eek::eek: to both the babies till the results come back.

I guess during this initial time, not just the milk.. but being with a mom is what a baby needs and these stupid idiots are fighting over which baby they want...

Poor baby girl... how can she be happy in the family that ignored her initially... the baby boy is happily sleeping... poor girl.. she might have guessed her fate already I think.. shes crying :cry: :cry:

http://tm.dinakaran.co.in/2242008/TM_22-04-08_E1_03-07%20CNI.jpg

Now tell me, who you want to kill :sm18::sm18::sm18:

Shy

vasan
04-22-2008, 10:19 PM
How long will people be stuck in this "I want only sons" mode? :doh: :doh: :doh:

v-

yasodha
04-22-2008, 10:24 PM
Ellam intha hospital kaarangala pidichi uthaikkanum muthalla...:doh:ivangalukku etho goods delivery work parkara maathiri paarkaraanga velaiya....

Shy
04-22-2008, 10:32 PM
Indian hospitals even though they have the state of art surgeons/equipments and all that.. ippadi innum lower and middle class level la onnum varalai.. inge athai mathiri kevalamaana treatment thaan irukku pola irukku..

how can they be so careless?

Vasan... athu azhiyave azhiyaathu... thats a curse on all women....

Shy

gowthami
04-25-2008, 12:57 PM
Delivery is something very precious to any woman.It was indeed a heartless stupidity by hospital authorities and they must be punished.Shy akka, I slightly differ from you view regarding son/daughter.syndrome..I feel the trend is very very slowly changing...

Shy
04-25-2008, 06:23 PM
Gowthami.. thats true :( but when you hear such news even today where both the parents fighting only for the girl.. its very pathetic :( hope this all changes one day....

BTW, when did I become akka .. do you know I just celebrated by 8th birthday...:ee:

Latest news:

Two infants have been restored to their parents with the help of DNA tests after the babies got mixed up at the state run RSRM hospital in Chennai.

The tests carried out on the fathers of the two babies found that the girl baby belongs to Ilangovan and Kamakshi and the boy to Ansari and Farida Begum.

. The blunder committed by the hospital staff ended in the mix- up of two babies.

The visually happy Ansari, whose family was found to be distributing sweets to the visitors at the hospital, said, ‘We feel happy that our own baby is with us.’

We would have been as happy even if it turned out to be a girl child,’ he said.

The relatives of Ansari’s even said that they had chosen a name for the child and that would be Umar Sherrif.

Expressing happiness of having received his child, Ilangovan said that the hospital authorities should ensure that no such errors happened again.

Speaking to the press, Dean of Stanley Medical College Hospital in charge of the RSRM Maternity Hospital Mythili Baskar said an enquiry was conducted against the erring staff of the hospital and the report had been sent to the government for further action.

Both the babies were born in a distressed condition in the same operation theatre.

‘The mistake had occurred under an emergency situation and no such things had happened in the hospital in the past,’ she said.

Mythili said the mix-up was just a minor human error, which was rectified immediately. But unfortunately the parents did not accept it after they came to know about the confusion.

To prevent any such untoward incidents in future, the doctors and staff were asked to be extra cautious in such emergency situations. It is to be noted that the confusion over the babies was cleared after seven days of waiting at the hospital, police stations and courts.

Resident Medical Officer K Hepzibah and Hospital Superintendent (in-charge) A P Nalini handed over the babies to the parents.

http://www.newstodaynet.com/images/stories/2008/apr/24/Baby-story.gif

Shy

Minnie
04-25-2008, 06:40 PM
wasnt there any slight resemblance of their parents ? Besides,one is hindu and other muslim it would have been little easy to identify also....Normally,when a baby is born they say..it looks like mom/dad right,,then why all this confusion :doh::doh:

Bluelotus
04-25-2008, 06:41 PM
How long will people be stuck in this "I want only sons" mode? :doh: :doh: :doh:

v-

these days they're apparently eating breakfast to enhance their chances :sm12:

Bluelotus
04-25-2008, 06:42 PM
wasnt there any slight resemblance of their parents ? Besides,one is hindu and other muslim it would have been little easy to identify also....Normally,when a baby is born they say..it looks like mom/dad right,,then why all this confusion :doh::doh:

I don't know usually they look like pink screaming or bluish pink screaming scary bundles ;)

jar
04-25-2008, 06:44 PM
This is interesting. Leaving aside the fact that one is a boy and another a girl, how would parents react when they hear that there might have been a mixup.

I remember seeing a movie/serial where such a thing happens children get mixed up who all live in a community. The parents adore the child of a neighbour thinking it should be their child. Something along those lines.

Thank god for DNA. If not, even if the children were both girls or both boys, what would be the mindset of the parents when they raise the child?

Minnie
04-25-2008, 06:44 PM
I don't know usually they look like pink screaming or bluish pink screaming scary bundles ;)

I do agree....but then how are they telling baby looks like her/his mom/dad the day one :rolleyes:

Bluelotus
04-25-2008, 06:53 PM
I do agree....but then how are they telling baby looks like her/his mom/dad the day one :rolleyes:

They're just being nice-

have you ever met adopted children and their families? if they're from the same ethnic background you cannot really tell that they are adopted...unless of course the parents or the child have very very distinctive features.

And being Moslem or Hindu doesn't necessarily isolate you into separate ethnic groups, especially in India.

Of course if the mix was between a Chinese baby and an Indian baby - it would have been easier ;)

Minnie
04-25-2008, 06:57 PM
They're just being nice-

have you ever met adopted children and their families? if they're from the same ethnic background you cannot really tell that they are adopted...unless of course the parents or the child have very very distinctive features.

And being Moslem or Hindu doesn't necessarily isolate you into separate ethnic groups, especially in India.

Of course if the mix was between a Chinese baby and an Indian baby - it would have been easier ;)

Agreed. Havent come across adopted kids much. Maybe got to work on baby things more :ee:

Bluelotus
04-25-2008, 07:00 PM
Maybe got to work on baby things more :ee:

hmm if you wish to my dear ;)

Shy
04-25-2008, 08:39 PM
This is interesting. Leaving aside the fact that one is a boy and another a girl, how would parents react when they hear that there might have been a mixup.

I remember seeing a movie/serial where such a thing happens children get mixed up who all live in a community. The parents adore the child of a neighbour thinking it should be their child. Something along those lines.

Thank god for DNA. If not, even if the children were both girls or both boys, what would be the mindset of the parents when they raise the child?
Thats the pathetic fate of the hospitals in India, not the expensive ones though. No warning was issued nothing. The lead doctor has issued a statement that this is human error and its happens at times. Lets not make a big deal out of it. Both the ladies were in the same operation theatre, so the babies got mixed up :eek:

Yesterdays news.. 4 babies died because of improper vaccination. Government has issued a statement to give Rs3L for each family. :sm18: Will money compensate the paid all the 4 parents go thru? I am surprised.. vaccination should be so simple right.. how can they screw that up?

Shy

daya
04-26-2008, 02:23 AM
Shy... title paarthuttu unga name um paarthu neraya tv serial paarkka arambichuteengalO nu bayandhu pOitten..;)

Shy
04-26-2008, 03:31 PM
Shy... title paarthuttu unga name um paarthu neraya tv serial paarkka arambichuteengalO nu bayandhu pOitten..;)

athukku ellam kola maten..

ippadi babies hurt panina... thaan kolven :ee:

Shy

Singarii
10-14-2008, 03:10 PM
Why are the hospitals so careless? A baby is a very important part of a family. Ofcourse each parent wants to have their own child.
The doctors and nurses should be fired and sued for the inconsiderate behavior.

Besides what is really bothering me is that both parents say the son is theirs. When the baby is born doesn't the doctor show the baby to the mother first and tell her if its a boy or girl? So that mean one set of parents are lying.. including the mother. What kind of a woman is she? Those parents need to be killed, then the nurses need to killed and the hospital for not taking strict action.

Bluelotus
10-15-2008, 06:27 PM
Well the "son" issue is hardly something new now is it?
it's all about kill the girl, kill the girl in india and south asia :ahha:

vennpuraa
10-17-2008, 07:26 PM

:eek::eek::eek: really?/...........how do u know which child is hindu or muslim??:rolleyes::rolleyes: