PDA

View Full Version : James yells at mom after a hard foul

Shy
05-13-2008, 05:43 PM
Gloria James doesn't like to see her little boy get beat up.
http://msn.foxsports.com/id/8133218_36_1.jpg
So when she saw Paul Pierce drag LeBron James into the crowd on a drive to the basket, Gloria jumped up to his defense.
Now, she might want to wash LeBron's mouth out with soap.
As Gloria approached the scuffle, Cleveland's star forward told his mom to sit down, using language that might have offended a few lipreaders.
"I told her to sit down with some language I shouldn't have used. Thank God today wasn't Mother's Day, it was yesterday," James said after Monday night's 88-77 victory.
But James swears he was just looking out for her, trying to make sure she doesn't miss any games.
"Even though that's my mother, the commissioner doesn't care if it's your mother or your kids or anybody, you can't allow fans and players to get involved like that. And I can't afford for my mom not to be at every last one of my games."

Kevin Garnett, trailing on the play, tried to calm her and Wally Szczerbiak approached her for a high five, but Gloria James was too angry to pay attention to either.
Szczerbiak was impressed. "She was fired up. It was great. She was animated, she was pumped up. She's LeBron's mother, she was obviously amped up like the rest of the crowd."
She returned to her seat shortly after, and the Cavs went on to win Game 4 and even the series against the Celtics at two games apiece.

vasan
05-13-2008, 05:50 PM
Didn't watch the game, but read about.. I wonder what did he say.. :sm12: :sm12:

What was she thinking anyways.. that he was playing in grade school? :) comedy track in the eastern conf. :)

v-

Shy
05-13-2008, 08:49 PM
SIT YOUR a-$-$ DOWN

IT was a nice game... awesome play by cavs... I hate BOSTON !!!! mainly that pork pierce...

Shy

vasan
05-13-2008, 09:04 PM
:sm12: :sm12:

v-

Bluelotus
05-13-2008, 09:48 PM
And I can't afford for my mom not to be at every last one of my games."

and I thought I was the only one to be so pathetically attached to the proverbial apron strings :00: :ee: glad to know there are bigger ppl out there with bigger problems :ee:

his mum looks too young to be his mum :think:

Shy
05-13-2008, 10:00 PM
yep.. shes just 40 or something...

Shy

vasan
05-13-2008, 10:13 PM
Bron is 24, isn't he? May be some mid forties? :think:

Far too young compared to me.. :ee: Yeah, LeBron's Mom that is.. :wink: :)

v-

Shy
05-13-2008, 11:48 PM
he was born when she was 16 ;)

Shy

Venki1960
05-14-2008, 02:34 PM
I hate BOSTON !!!!

yes!! I don't care who wins as long as it's not Celtics!! ;) ;)

vasan
05-14-2008, 05:27 PM
yes!! I don't care who wins as long as it's not Celtics!! :wink: :wink:

I hate BOSTON !!!! mainly that pork pierce...

Wow... :razz: :razz:

I didn't realize such strong "fans" the Celts have.. :wink: :)

Don't worry too much though people.. :b: Lakers, so long as Kobe's back is alright.. Otherwise, the Hornets..:b:

Eastern conf is alright. But still needs to growwwwww... I suspect Pistons will win the next series too.. :b:

v-

Shy
05-15-2008, 12:12 AM
I am for Hornets as well !!!

But enna irunthaalum thanga thalaivan kobe mathiri yaarum illai :sm03: :sm03: :sm03:

Shy

Venki1960
05-16-2008, 08:08 PM
It is interesting how home teams have dominated the conf. semis. If I remember, only the Pistons have managed a road win so far.
Let's see if the Celtics (HOPE NOT!!) or the Lakers manage an away win tonight to close out the series :think: :think:
May be they can get some tips from the Giants on road wins :) :)

Venki1960
05-19-2008, 01:51 AM
wow - great game. It was like LJ vs the Celtics - well, LJ vs Pierce mostly.
Looks like LA may be the only ones with a chance to stop them :think: :think:
I think Detroit will be steamrolled :(
And I am ready to eat my words ;) ;)

Shy
05-19-2008, 11:20 AM
Venki...

If it takes 7 games for them to win CAVS.. then I don't think they are at their best.. I think Pistons have a shot...

:( :( :( James should have played better....

Shy

vasan
05-19-2008, 05:05 PM
:( :( :( James should have played better....

Shy

How? How much more? Practically speaking it seemed like he is the only one scoring for cavs..

Anyways.. I have always considered Mr. James as a highly overrated person. This series (and the one before) wouldn't have been a series at all, if Ray Allen had rediscovered his shooting touch. Sadly he is out like a flat tire on an unpaved road.. :Ksp:

Anyways.. I am eager to see if Chris Paul and the Hornets can walk the talk.. :b:

v-

Shy
05-19-2008, 06:47 PM
How? How much more? Practically speaking it seemed like he is the only one scoring for cavs..

Anyways.. I have always considered Mr. James as a highly overrated person. This series (and the one before) wouldn't have been a series at all, if Ray Allen had rediscovered his shooting touch. Sadly he is out like a flat tire on an unpaved road.. :Ksp:

Anyways.. I am eager to see if Chris Paul and the Hornets can walk the talk.. :b:

v-

True.. but Varejao and west did play.. I agree that they are not experienced team like others out there.. these are young bunch.. and they are learning as they go I guess :think: :think:

I was surprised when he was called during the last few mins.. he was completely out of form.. but stupid gained a foul.. GRRRRRR...

Shy

vasan
05-19-2008, 08:31 PM
Teacher,

Not that inexperienced actually. Ben Wallace is as experienced as any one.. Last year Cavs won the east, and went to the finals (where they lost in a sweep to Spurs).. (Comparatively only Fisher and Kobe have some useful experience in the post season in LA)..

Spurs and Pistons are probably the most experienced team in the playoffs right now.

Anyways.. I think with the current set of players they can only do so much. I think James needs a better support cast.. especially if Ben Wallace is not that dominant any more.. They need one more shooting option..

v-

Shy
05-19-2008, 08:58 PM
Teacher,

Not that inexperienced actually. Ben Wallace is as experienced as any one.. Last year Cavs won the east, and went to the finals (where they lost in a sweep to Spurs).. (Comparatively only Fisher and Kobe have some useful experience in the post season in LA)..

Spurs and Pistons are probably the most experienced team in the playoffs right now.

Anyways.. I think with the current set of players they can only do so much. I think James needs a better support cast.. especially if Ben Wallace is not that dominant any more.. They need one more shooting option..

v-

Ben didnt do much for this team me feels..

James is in the same boat as Kidd was.. he struggled hard for Nets... but enna use... athe mathiri thaan...

Shy

Venki1960
05-20-2008, 03:25 AM
hmm...Hornetsம் காலி..:(

"I think Pistons have a shot"
Shy,
உங்க சொல் பலிக்கட்டு ம்..
But may be Lakers vs Celtics Finals may be more 'glamorous'? :think: :think:

goodcomplanboy
05-20-2008, 05:20 PM
But may be Lakers vs Celtics Finals may be more 'glamorous'?

True it will be glamorous. But may be a clash of the titans between Pistons vs Spurs. That will be fun to watch too.