PDA

View Full Version : Geetham, What is the necessity for personal questions?

sri_gan
11-19-2003, 05:04 AM
Hi Everyone-

The intention of this topic is to acquire the common knowledge about how to create a friendly environments.

I was been a victim twice over here on personal backgrounds.

This is the extreme of stupidity, why can't a girl and boy be friends ellam padichavanga thane, then why you are creating a stupid public gossip?

Yousikka vedam, aduthavanum mansuan thane nu.

Do you know how hard it hurts in the heart?

Please share your opinion on,

1. Do we need to ask personal questions which is totally off the topic?

2. There are very specific guidelines in this forum also and i'm sure I stick with that limit, Have everyone one make sure before posting a message. This is so important as it grows rapidly.

3. Jollu, Love... These are real craps for internet world since the identity, Just try to be friends with everyone... I might be a girl coming in a male id and some one might be coming as a female id who's male. so why to be surprised.

This is also an interesting topic and your voice is definetely counted at Geetham to my knowledge.

Expecting thought full responses and keep this topic as live as possible by replying, so that every single person who registers acquires and gains your voice.

Ready... :yes:

sabeshan
11-19-2003, 05:28 AM
I agree with your statements:

1.Personal questions should be directed through PMs and not in the topic directly; though I forget the number of times I violated this myself ;)

2.Gossip is unhealthy especially if it is of the damaging type... I have myself seen such things happen at some forums but it is unavoidable given the number of users and no set guidelines to prevent all that.

dinesh
11-19-2003, 07:20 AM
sri_gan....what happened dude? why are you so mad? :)

madhu_aish1
11-19-2003, 07:52 AM
Hi everyone,
This looks Like a serious discussion. Let me tell what i think..

This being a public forum . It is the user's responsiblity to maintain his/her privacy. It is impossible for others to know personal information without the user himself giving it out.. except in certain cases like the moderators knowing information about the user location(Traced by means of I.P). So it is the user who gives of his/her information to the public and then shouldnt complain about it. There are incidents where people have ignorantly given away their information without knowing consequences . We can't help it. It is the admins and moderators responsiblity to put the rules and User's responsiblity to know them.

After being associated with the forum members for months ... If I still dont know ..who the hell he his? .. I feel pathetic..I agree we are faceless people but need not be so after a level of trust and understanding. This is highly my personal point of view..

Our Forum has a mixture of postings ranging from highly technical to other extreme social topics and some funky stuff..which i feel to be a perfect combination which keeps our forum alive and kicking... Any change in this proportion might lead to loss of interest..

Teasing and pulling legs are part of forum discussion . They add spice to the posts. It is illogical PMing a particular user and saying " Dude un dowseraa kalatiduven". Comments are passed targeting the audience to enjoy it. But if it crosses limit the user can be always informed by all means of communication...

I have taken a lot of patience and time to answer this post hope it makes sense.. :b:

Madhu

vennai1
11-19-2003, 07:28 PM
I second what mr. cowboy (maadu ;)) has said :b: :b:

Though I prefer to be vennai to any tom, **** and harry

visiting geetham, I would be more than happy to say I am victor

after becoming close.

Internet does not always need to be a way to shield your identity.

After enough trust has been established I would be glad to open up

myself to my friends. After all that is what the word 'friend' means... ! :b:

Many of you who know me more than an a simple member of

geetham would underwear that I have been trying to even invite

all the close friends here for my marriage.

At the end of the day, that is what that matters - how many friends

were you able to make by your activities.

dinesh
11-19-2003, 07:50 PM
Mr. Madhu is right. I agree with his views.

It is illogical PMing a particular user and saying " Dude un dowseraa kalatiduven".

Poru raja...naa unakku anupparen PM..... :lol:

anainar
11-19-2003, 07:54 PM
Sri,

I perfectly agree with Maadhu. In the forum it is the responsibility of the user to guard his identity if he/she wants to. And it is their prerogative whether to come in male id or female id. For the rest of us, it does not matter whether it is a male or female.

Personal questions, not necessarily be directed in a forum, but again it is a choice for both the parties. Either they can ask and the other can ignore it or refuse to answer or answer in PM. You cannot really distinguish what is personal and what is not. So, best judge will be concerned persons. Leave it to them. If there is an offending question, can be taken up with moderator to have it deleted. Whether to give away personal info to any one in this forum or not is also their choice. I have chatted with Victor few times and have no qualms about disclosing my identity to him( presuming he is not going to spam me or send me anthrax :wink: ). That is a choice which each one has to make and Geetham cannot make that choice.

End of the day, we are all here to have fun and make friends. Anything that comes in between these objectives and Geetham should be thrown off without slightest hesitation. That is my view.

Cheers.

dinesh
11-19-2003, 07:57 PM
presuming he is not going to send me anthrax

Aahaa......enna oru sinthanai.......vennai oru mathiri-nu theriyum....athukkaga ippadiyaa???? :)

muralipr
11-19-2003, 08:00 PM
i accept with what srigan says

arumugam57
11-19-2003, 08:04 PM
After enough trust has been established I would be glad to open up
myself to my friends

Enna engitta soon unnoda ragasiyangalai ellam ellathukittayum sollap porea?
Sollu sollu!!. Ellarukkum vayiththeritchal varatum.

muralipr
11-19-2003, 08:06 PM
what madhu says is also correct

vennai1
11-19-2003, 08:07 PM
presuming he is not going to send me anthrax

Aahaa......enna oru sinthanai.......vennai oru mathiri-nu theriyum....athukkaga ippadiyaa???? :)

dei dei... yendaa..... ongalukelaam unda veettu manushanga

eppadi public-la behave pannanumnu sollavillaiyaa... enna?? :evil:

iyanaar... anthrax elaam naan anupa maatten... vere ethaavathu

saraku venumnaa kelungaa... ;) kandippa anuparen... ;) :P

anthrax irundhaa gulpi dineshukku anupunga please... :yes: :b:

Shy
11-19-2003, 08:08 PM
Yes, I agree with anainar and madhu...

Its upto whoever talking in the public forum. Offending'a eruntha, I am sure the moderators will catch it before you and do whatever is required.

This is just fun. At the end of the day, all we do here is have fun and be friends.

Cheer up and be happy :)

This is my opinion.

Shy

arumugam57
11-19-2003, 08:12 PM
vere ethaavathu
saraku venumnaa kelungaa... kandippa anuparen...

Vennai Maama Vazka!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

madhu_aish1
11-19-2003, 09:00 PM
i accept with what srigan says

is somebody else using ur ID.

what madhu says is also correct

I am damn confused. can U explain :think: :think:

madhu

anainar
11-19-2003, 09:15 PM
Madhu,

Oru velai, muralipr split personality aa irupparo Murali? :think: :think:

Did you guys see that movie Primal Fear? Athula vara criminal will escape the crime by saying he is a split personality.

Cheers.

madhu_aish1
11-19-2003, 09:36 PM
Anainar,
personality mattum split aaa eruntha parava illaaa. US -la enna nadakum-nu think panna mudiythu..

madhu

butterfly
11-19-2003, 10:15 PM
1. Do we need to ask personal questions which is totally off the topic?

Not really...even if someone does its upto the indivual to answer the person or ignore the question...but if it does come to the point where its way off base dont the moderators have athigaram to delete that post?

2. There are very specific guidelines in this forum also and i'm sure I stick with that limit, Have everyone one make sure before posting a message. This is so important as it grows rapidly.

as far as i have seen I dont see ppl abusing this forum...the only place ppl give some information about them is @ let us talk about us here...adhum noone is forced too...its matter of choice.

3. Jollu, Love... These are real craps for internet world since the identity, Just try to be friends with everyone... I might be a girl coming in a male id and some one might be coming as a female id who's male. so why to be surprised.

This is true that noone knows anyone....but ppl coming here come with that understaning i hope...we are all here far frm home...the way i see it..its more like gathering of ones own ppl ...being there for eachother...helping each other out...that doesnt mean it has to get personal...thgh we do tease eachother but its usually with ppl who we are comfortable with..

dinesh
11-20-2003, 07:44 AM
dei dei... yendaa..... ongalukelaam unda veettu manushanga

eppadi public-la behave pannanumnu sollavillaiyaa... enna??

sorry-da raja.....en kochukire........summa velayatuuku thaane....

vere ethaavathu

saraku venumnaa kelungaa... kandippa anuparen...

Athu enna sarakku? Is it namma 'saraku maharaja'? :think:

Minik
11-20-2003, 04:17 PM
I accept madhu_aish concern. lets all be friends and behave decently without indulging in anybody else personal stuff.