PDA

View Full Version : How did Geetham Start...

madhu_aish1
11-20-2003, 01:46 AM
Hi everyone,
I joined pretty late and dont know about the history and geography of how geetham site was developed. Any inputs would be useful...

கீதம் உருவான கதை - ????

Inspiration to start this topic - priyasudhir(puthumai penn)

Madhu

Minik
11-20-2003, 05:02 AM
ya that would be a great topic as to who started it and when did it start is it a year already we should celebrate the one year of geetham

Bala
11-20-2003, 06:18 AM
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

A quick history

Geetham.net was registered on 8th of december 2002
Site started on 23rd of december 2002 - we only had a forum in tamil

One of the first forum http://server1.ripplehost.com/~rh20/forum/ :ahha:

we had another version of forum.... then

we created a new forum with existing users....

Then we changed the forum main language to english because our tamil people couldn't write tamil - :lol: :lol: :lol: what a shame
some of our greatest old members stoped coming to our forum :cry: :cry:
http://server1.ripplehost.com/~rh20/forums/

Now our Foum with many many active close friends - i feel so happy - words can't describe :D :D :D :D :D :D
http://www.geetham.net/forums

Bala :b:

sofiadorathy
11-20-2003, 06:31 AM
ya that would be a great topic as to who started it and when did it start is it a year already we should celebrate the one year of geetham

You are right Minik....There should be a celebration for Geetham on December 23.....when Geetham entered the world....The next 2 days we should celebrate for Christmas....So we shall wait and see what Geetham decides....

dinesh
11-20-2003, 07:35 AM
Geetham.net was registered on 8th of december 2002
Site started on 23rd of december 2002 - we only had a forum in tamil

What was your inspiration to start the site?
And are there gonna be any nice surprises for the 1st year completion??? ;)

Bala
11-20-2003, 09:21 PM
What was your inspiration to start the site?
My hobby is creating websites; I always wanted to make a website so all the tamils can get together and contribute. I feel happy when people visit our website.
Geetham was my website but its not any more, its our (http://www.geetham.net/forums/staff.php) site..., geetham is run by tamils for tamils, we are growing there is no limit ... :ahha:

And are there gonna be any nice surprises for the 1st year completion???
we are having suppresses everyday, we will see ... I am sure arumugam, vennai and our mods will comeup with something..

vennai1
11-20-2003, 09:27 PM
[highlight=red:ca84ca12bc]At this nice time, let us all give it up to our dear admin

for starting and helping us all with this wonderful world of geetham !!

3 cheers to Admin :b: :b:[/highlight:ca84ca12bc]

[highlight=#360000:ca84ca12bc]
இந்த இனிய வேளையில், அன்பு Admin நண்பனுக்கு ,

நமது பாசம் கலந்த வாழ்த்துக் களை

தெரிவித்து க்கொள்வோம் !!! :b: :b:[/highlight:ca84ca12bc]

arumugam57
11-20-2003, 09:34 PM
I entered in June just to test my graphics skills in the web.
And why I entered into this site is because of the back ground which helps for any type of graphics. I enjoyed a lot and at one point of time I was the only person who filled all topics and this tamil terra guys too laughed at me what I told tha there is a site called geetham.net/forum is there. Most of the time vennai1 too was contributing with good strength of messages. Then mahavan came and etc etc.. finally sri_gan came into the forum. Geetham got very active group that time only. Then slowly slowly geetham improved from 2100 members to 4800 :00::00::00: members and total per day postings are sometimes touching 500. That is why now 16 moderators. In the initial days only Shruthy , shanrenu , mahavan are the lady members and sri_gan introduced receipe section and now forum is full of lady members. Once only 12 Active members and now 46 Active members , 14 Special guests , 62 Semi active members . And still geetham growling like anything.

Yaa forgot to tell one thing..

1. I haven't tried my graphics skills here till now for what I entered into the forum
2. The other forums who laughed at this forum are dieing day by day :lol::lol:

--------More to come.

Bala
11-20-2003, 09:46 PM
[highlight=red:686dd62922]At this nice time, let us all give it up to our dear admin

for starting and helping us all with this wonderful world of geetham !!

3 cheers to Admin :b: :b:[/highlight:686dd62922]

[highlight=#360000:686dd62922]
இந்த இனிய வேளையில், அன்பு Admin நண்பனுக்கு ,

நமது பாசம் கலந்த வாழ்த்துக் களை

தெரிவித்து க்கொள்வோம் !!! :b: :b:[/highlight:686dd62922]

[shadow=gray:686dd62922]All thanks should go to you , arumugam and our mods[/shadow:686dd62922]

arumugam57
11-20-2003, 09:52 PM
Bala

http://server1.ripplehost.com/~rh20/forum/

looks good. I want to cut and paste some good stuffs from there to here ( If it has something). Where is bhamini fonts?

I am seeing " Adankappidaari" fonts. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
in geetham site. Will it work?

vasan
11-21-2003, 12:02 AM
Hello Bala,

I am quite surprised to learn that Geetham less than a year old since its first launch. We sure have come a long way...

Though we don't often see your work explicitly, we do realize the amount of work you must be putting in - it is simply amazing.

On behalf all the Geetham folks, I want to join Vennai in expressing our gratitude... Many thanks!

Three Cheers to our Admin !!!

Vasan

sgrajan
11-26-2003, 09:33 PM
On behalf of all geetham friends, I wish geetham an advance happy birthday.
SG

sofiadorathy
11-27-2003, 07:32 AM
Merry Christmas to geeetam and wish u many more happy returns of the day Geetham....

All is well which wont ENDS well...

Yaarum kochukkaatheenga Geeetham-kku end illa-nu solla vanthen...

Be Happy...

sweetie
11-27-2003, 08:19 AM
I never knew Geetham is just gonna celebrate its First Birthday !!!

Thats way too cool... Going by the activity of this forum I thought this one must be atleast 2 years old .... Anyway.... Good to know that great leaps have been made in such a short span of time !!!

But :( :( :( 6FACE naan forum vanthathu pathi mention pannave illa...... :( :(

:P :P :P :P :P

hahaha... Anyway... Great work People !!

Cheers....

arumugam57
11-27-2003, 12:10 PM
Sweetie!!
You yourself explain when you came here and what you did and now what are you doing....That will be a good thing.

sweetie
11-27-2003, 12:31 PM
namma perumaiya nammale solla koodaathu paaru... athukku thaan unna solla sonnen.. :P :P :P :P :P :P

arumugam57
11-27-2003, 12:35 PM
No.. then I have to write for others too..
I can not write some 100 posts in this thread itself.

You please write about your entry in your style. That will be very good.

sweetie
11-27-2003, 12:36 PM
hahah... that is also good :) will do it sometime....

But before that I wud like to hear more about Geetham itself.... Other than the starting dates n stuff, it wud be nice if the Admin could kindly tell us how he feels about the growth of Geetham to what it is now.... and also how he felt when he saw the number of registered users increasing and what was going on in his mind !!! And if possible about ur future plans too... But if U wud wanna keep that a surprise for the Geethamites, then we can leave out the last part....

Wud U please share your views ADMIN ????? :) :) :)

Cheers

arumugam57
11-27-2003, 12:52 PM
He won't share his views here. On his behalf only I have to write.
He is feeling so proud that geetham got lot of popularity like this...

His Plan : He will simply co-operate with geetham mods and for their new new emerging ideas.

Cheers.

arumugam57
11-27-2003, 01:03 PM
Wait.. I will pass the message to bala now..

vedha79
11-27-2003, 05:25 PM
[shadow=pink:383d579929]hello admin its good to know the history about geetham. good job n thanks for creating a site for all tamil people.

i was really surpirsed when i came to know that geetham is not even a year old. the site has really developed to a great extent. its really greatttttttt work by all admin moderators memebers n guests....!!!!!

i hope that geetham will develop n grow rapidly like this always....advanced b'day wishes to geetham !!!!!

let's see what celebration admin n mod's plan for the fisrt b'day of geetham. congrats n best wishes to everyone in geethamfor making it so successful n for building it to this great level !!!!!![/shadow:383d579929]

sabeshan
11-27-2003, 06:26 PM
Mr. Admin, modhalla Mr.Kalutharukan Palayaththaana engirundhu pudichu potteenga? drishti pottu maari irukkattume nnu innum avanoda thollaigalai thaangikkittu irukkeengala? :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

arumugam57
11-27-2003, 06:40 PM
SABHU...

Me , Vennai1 , Sri_gan these three guys are three pillers of geetham yaar..

Vennai is the senior most..
Sri_gan is the Kadak kutti..

Ennaya paarthaaa thiristi pottu nu solreen... Unakku mattum thairiyam irunthaa , veeti kattina ambalyaa irutnhaa , meesai ulla veerana irunthaa enga veetu kollap porathula vaa paakalam....

Shy
11-27-2003, 07:46 PM
Hi all,

I am very happy that madhu started this topic. I too wanted to know..

First and foremost, thanks for Admin, Arumugam and all the moderators. Finally the users who use these forums and make it active.

My experience: I am very happy I could have so many friends here..
First when I came here, chumma recipes paaka varuvaen.. movies paaka varuvaen.. then one day started reading the posts and got very much involved, started talking myself. It felt as if I am home. Even though I havent seen any of you, its like I have known everyone for a long time.

This site is very lively because of the nature of it. Everyone are considerate, kind ands easy going.

Also we all people are far away from our home, country, city...etc and this site brings us all together

I love this site and will try to do something useful here and there, until they throw me out..

Shy

sabeshan
11-27-2003, 07:56 PM
Dei aaru,

enga veetu kollap porathula vaa paakalam....

Naa andha velayaattukku varala!!! Nee venaa *gay* aa irukkalaam adhukkaaga ennayum apdiye edai podaadhe :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

arumugam57
11-27-2003, 08:04 PM
Yoov.. Naan sandaiku , kusthikku koopteenyaa..
Nee ivlo mattama nenatchuttiyee...

Athuvumm nee oru paal putti baby...

Naan poyi... :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

============================== =======

Sari.. sabu.. you tell about your geetham experience..

madhu_aish1
11-27-2003, 08:05 PM
sabeshaa . naadhari ... puthi poguthu paarrrr... evalo nalla topic arambichiruken..thisaii thirupura velaiyaaa ena kita kamikuriyaa... san francisco - kovukae... cosmopolitaaaannaaaa ... adangudi..;)

Madhu

sabeshan
11-27-2003, 08:30 PM
Sari.. sabu.. you tell about your geetham experience..

My experience at Geetham has been a very pleasant one. Initially I used to come to Geetham only with the intention of downloading movies. Forums endra section pakkam thala vechchu kooda paduththadhilla... aanaa one fine day when I came to know about the active members thingie I became more interested in Geetham. I came to know that 100+ postings are needed for becoming an AM.

At first, my aim was to post some useless 100 postings and stop with that once I got the AMship. But after about 50 posts, I realised that I had started to fall in love with Geetham. Kaalaila saami kumbudareno illayo, mudhal velai Geetham la irukkara recent topics ennannu paakkarathu thaan. Andha alavukku aai pochchu. I lost count of how many posts I submitted as I kept on participating with full interest. In fact I think I got my AMship only after some 200 posts which I didnt even know until one day thalaivar's Baasha was posted and it was active members only.

Only that day I realised "aahaa nammala active member aakkitaangala? sollave illaye?". I have made Geetham one of my permanent bookmarks. In fact it is the home page for my Mozilla browser. As far as the makkal are concerned, people like vennai, madhu, vasan, shy, sofia (seri seri vera vazhi illama add panniten; list perisa theriyattume nnu thaan!!!) etc. make life very interesting with their posts.

Wish Geetham a very long life for their excellent service to the Thamizh community!

* Seri seri aaru polambaadha... un pera sollallannu azhuvuriya? no probs machi... u r special so unnai andha list la add panni 100 la oruthanaa unnai aakka virumbala!!

sabeshan
11-27-2003, 08:32 PM
naadhari

Apdinna enna??? puriyara maari sollunga maadu

madhu_aish1
11-27-2003, 08:37 PM
naadhari

Apdinna enna??? puriyara maari sollunga maadu

dei thitum both oru fluency-la vanthudichu... thirupi athae yen noondi kekurae.. :D :D

butterfly
11-28-2003, 03:01 AM
He is feeling so proud that geetham got lot of popularity like this...

Me , Vennai1 , Sri_gan these three guys are three pillers of geetham yaar..

Thanks to all of u guys...other moderators...active members & new users...its feels like home here...being there for eachother...one is able to discuss things freely...learn new things...moreover helps our braincells active preventing alzheimers :)...Keep up the good work :b:

anainar
11-28-2003, 08:13 AM
Butter,

Nalla sonneenga. It really feels like home, pulling each other and at times getting to know microwave recipes, standing time, love matters and life and death matters too.

But what is that alzheimers? Is that an acronym for dead cells of brain? Well, then my brain is full of alzheimers, after so many years of not using many parts of it. :lol:

Cheers

sofiadorathy
11-28-2003, 05:40 PM
My history towards Geeetham was very much different than others...first naan-nu solla mudiyathu inga 4 ppls came inside and I lasted everlong in Geeetham...I have to say that I have became here as an addict....mmmm well u all know I just use to type one or 2 line message mainly on Diwali time....Then Srigan posted me the first private message not to be so active with one or 2 lines....then I read one of the post of Father "If u want to become an active member just reply to srigan....then I started to reply him....I was just with a little interest then I was surprised to be an active Member....Then with co-operation of Geeetham I m very proud to be a Moderator.....and I m very happy to see that one of my post stands in 5th position in Geeetham Statistics......I m really7 very happy about this......

I Honourably wish Geeetham for its 1 year celebration....

Advance Happy Birthday Geeeetham....

Be Happy....

sabeshan
11-29-2003, 01:58 AM
கீதம்.நெட் ிற்கு என் பிறந்த நாள் வாழ்த்துக் கள்!!

aburvaraagam
11-30-2003, 11:54 PM
It is good to know that geetham is going to celebrate its First Anniversary(birthday) soon :baby: . Credit goes to the Admin,Aaru,Vennai,Sri_Gan,othe r moderators and mainly people supporting geetham,to say in short the whole geetham family. I used to visit geetham site just for movies earlier,but once they started the active member concept i had no choice but to visit other topics n post 1 or 2 line msgs to get the activemembership. After getting the activmembership i really started involving myself in other topics. This might sound funny too,but naan paatukku paatu section la post pannina replies paarthu ennakku andha topic ku moderator position koduthu irukaanga. Ofcourse matha topics leyum i do participate. Geetham had been real fun place to hang out(online). I ve vistied other tamil sites too adhu ennavo theriyalai GEETHAM LA IRUKARA ANDHA EERPU(ATTRACTION) VERA EDHULEYUM ILLAI(ENNAKKU). Let me complete with this and :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: to everyone supporting GEETHAM.

THREE CHEERS TO GEETHAM and ITS FAMILY :dance:
HIP HIP HURRAY :sm35:
HIP HIP HURRAY :sm30:
HIP HIP HURRAY :sm03:

selpra
12-01-2003, 12:01 AM
Wish Geetham a very happy first annisversary!

ashokcsn_2000
12-01-2003, 12:01 AM
Geetham has has been a great site ... initially i was just using it to download movies and stufff,, but underneath the surface i found a whole lot of stuff interesting. THe cooking section is great ppl... the forums can keep u busy all day ... all the admins great work.
ashok

yogesh220
01-22-2005, 06:59 PM
It is fun reading these old posts...... specially those uncensored posts.....which would now not be possible....the mods are strict now..... :):):):):):)...

Maadum, saabuvum nallaaa sandai pooduraangappaaa... :):):)

Ps : Ippo indha post will come to "New posts".....everybody will know the history.....
Note 2:
Specially, the post by shy....which says...
I started talking myself...

shy ippo eppdi irukkeeenga???? :wink::wink::):):):)

dinesh
01-22-2005, 09:37 PM
shy ippo eppdi irukkeeenga????
Innum apdiyaethaan irukaanga..... :sm12:

Priyanka
01-22-2005, 09:42 PM

UPS kitterndhu nannaa adi vizha porathu unga rendu perukkum. :lol: :lol:

Bluelotus
01-22-2005, 11:25 PM
:Then we changed the forum main language to english because our tamil people couldn't write tamil - :lol: :lol: :lol: what a shame

Indeed! :ahha: what a shame! :ahha:

:evil:
who's making fun of SweetShy Akka :ush:
or she might start talking again :ahha:

RaasuKutty
01-22-2005, 11:56 PM
Indeed! what a shame

It is not.. Typing tamil in english keyboard is tough..

Even then, in most expressive instances, u still see people typing in tamil.. So this is not something that we really need to be shameful for.. However, there are things in our life which we need to be shameful :(

Nice to see the history and geography of geetham..

As such my experience in geetham.. I was never too much interested in movies and I liked the forum for discusson as ever.. Whenever I dont come here, I really feel that I miss something..

கீதம் ஈனையதளத்தை ஆரம்பித்த மற்றும் போற்றி வளர்க்கும் நண்பர்களுக ்கு :b: :clap:

Shy
01-23-2005, 12:38 AM

who's making fun of SweetShy Akka
or she might start talking again

:ush: :nono: :ush: :nono: :ush: :nono:
:snooty: :snooty: :snooty: :snooty: :snooty:

Shy

Priyanka
01-23-2005, 12:38 AM
It is fun reading these old posts...... specially those uncensored posts.....which would now not be possible....the mods are strict now.....

Neenga solrathu correct thaan. Madhu, Sabesan, Arumugam ivantga ellaam evvalavu jolly-a sandai potrukkaanga. :P So funny to read. :lol: Ippo ellaam aanaalum thaan strict aayittaanga moderators ellam. :evil:

Shy
01-23-2005, 12:42 AM
It is fun reading these old posts...... specially those uncensored posts.....which would now not be possible....the mods are strict now.....

Neenga solrathu correct thaan. Madhu, Sabesan, Arumugam ivantga ellaam evvalavu jolly-a sandai potrukkaanga. :P So funny to read. :lol: Ippo ellaam aanaalum thaan strict aayittaanga moderators ellam. :evil:

konjam decency maintain pananumae.. plus suha mathiri kutties vanthu each and every wordkku questions kaepaanga.. thevaiyaa ithu.. debate panrachae sandai poduromae athuvum fun thaanae :)

Shy

silican
01-23-2005, 12:45 AM
innum konjam nalla kinduna neraiya sandai varum..

Ippo dhan Shy, appo vera ID ;) Andha naal nyabagam nejile vandhadhe UPS UPS UPS.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

- Silican

Bluelotus
01-23-2005, 12:45 AM
:ush: :nono: :ush: :nono: :ush: :nono:
:snooty: :snooty: :snooty: :snooty: :snooty:

Shy

:00:
Sweet Akka,
so pretty when you're angry :wink:
:sm05: :sm30: :sm05: :sm30: :sm05: :sm30:

:ahha:

amaa peeka
you're soo right...ippo ellam soo strict... :sm12:
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
just chumma :ee:

blue.

Priyanka
01-23-2005, 12:47 AM
Aiyaiyoo chumma vilaiyaattukku sonnen Shy. Serious-a edutthukkaatheenga. One main reasons I love geetham is its decency. :P

Shy
01-23-2005, 01:44 AM

Ippo dhan Shy, appo vera ID ;) Andha naal nyabagam nejile vandhadhe UPS UPS UPS.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

- Silican

:ee: :oops: :ee: nyabagam vachu irukeengalae chweet :) Those good old days :b:

Shy

yogesh220
01-23-2005, 04:06 AM
Now that ctarts my curiosity fire burning.....peaach...peaach... ..engalukkum sollunga.....

by the way, what is this UPS???? Unlimited Poorikattai Service???

:):):)

appuram, what will you talk yourself??? :):):):):).... hahahahaaaaaaaa.......:):):).. ..

jaggy4u
01-23-2005, 05:03 AM
good to dig some nice old history of geetham..but where r those guys :think:

suha
01-23-2005, 01:52 PM
beshaa . naadhari ... puthi poguthu paarrrr... evalo nalla topic arambichiruken..thisaii thirupura velaiyaaa ena kita kamikuriyaa... san francisco - kovukae... cosmopolitaaaannaaaa ... adangudi..;)

Madhu

Oi meow......Idhu enna language pesurra :think: ....nee ipadillam pesseirrukiya :Ksp:

and nee enna solrra ennaku onnum puriyalla :doh:

I know nee ingha varamatta....but naan kekurra question unnaku vandhu serrum :wink:

Between geetham voda birthday poiduccha :00: acho cho...adhu celebrate panavei illiye :(

and arumugam uncle yaaru :think: avangha eppo enggha poitanggo :Ksp:

aanal getham eppavum jolly ya irrukkum :dance:

naan old lady agara varraikum ingha thaan irruppein :sm05:

anainar
01-23-2005, 04:51 PM
Hmmmm! Those days!! Initially when I came in 2003, I also had the same questions about active membership and suggestions. But I was pulled into conversations with Sweetie and Sri_gan. Then Shy came along. It became a gala of fights. One post will go for one full page of the forum. Man!!!

Then came Lolly. Like a bundle of joy. I distinctly remember and enjoyed Lolly getting on the nerves of Sri initially by asking counter questions to every thing Sri said. They became so pally after that initial spat. It will be fun to read that topic even now, if it is around some where.

Even though many us have assumed names, I could see the shades of the beliefs of everyone which is the best part in Geetham. Though I dont know the physical names which is immaterial, I know who is who in the real world of Values. It is this which has kept the group of people intact and which is very different from other forums. This is what makes me visit Geetham everyday.

vasan
01-24-2005, 01:02 AM

- Silican

Shy

:P :P :P

Yeah... Not that easy to forget, considering vic still calls you that way.. :P :P :P

some old threads are so funny to read.. :P

v-

Priyanka
01-24-2005, 04:43 AM
Now that ctarts my curiosity fire burning.....peaach...peaach... ..engalukkum sollunga.....

by the way, what is this UPS???? Unlimited Poorikattai Service???

:):):)

appuram, what will you talk yourself??? :):):):):).... hahahahaaaaaaaa.......:):):).. ..

UPS-na Udan Piravaa Sahodhari-nnu artham. Silican thaan enakkum Shy-kkum andha Peru vacchar. :ee: I consider Shy as my UPS. Ana Shy ennai appadi consider pandraangalaannu theriyalai. :(

Priyanka
01-24-2005, 04:54 AM
OK. Naan Geetham-ku vandha kathaiya sollattuma? It was my husband who became a user in Geetham. And he was just interested in downloading movies. Very rarely I also used to download some movies. Aana forums pakkam ellaam thalai vacchu kooda padutthathillai. Slowly I got interested in other forums also and I used to just visit, but will not reply. Ana sila movies ellaam active members-ku mattum-nu pottaanga. By reading Geetham rules I came to know that minimum of 100 posts is required to become an active members. So, becoming an active member was only my aim and slowly started communicating. I wanted to post just 100 posts and stop. Ana oru 50 posts potta vodane, slowly I came to know people here. Appuram athuve addiction maadiri aayiducchu. Ippo oru single day inga login pannalainnaa kooda ethaiyo ezhandhutta maadiri oru feeling vandhudum.

suha
01-24-2005, 04:56 AM
Yeah... Not that easy to forget, considering vic still calls you that way.. :P :P :P

v-

I know wht is that name :wink:

guruji (victorji) calling..."Jshi" may i correct thatha :P

Priyanka
01-24-2005, 05:00 AM

- Silican

Shy

:P :P :P

v-

If it is not a secret, andha name ennannu naanga therinjukkalaamaa? :P

suha
01-24-2005, 05:06 AM
Ippo oru single day inga login pannalainnaa kooda ethaiyo ezhandhutta maadiri oru feeling vandhudum

That's geetham :b:

here is all soft hearted ppls...anbhu thollai.... :ee: so u can't leave without them :Ksp:

coolian
01-24-2005, 05:26 AM
I wonder...whatever happened to arumugam and all those mods i've never heard of (because I came in pretty late)?? Do pple just disappear?

Priyanka
01-24-2005, 05:31 AM
You are correct coolian. Baranishan, Ferny, unique ivanga ellaam romba naala aalaiye kaanom. :Ksp:

suha
01-24-2005, 05:59 AM
If it is not a secret, andha name ennannu naanga therinjukkalaamaa?

That's not secret...."jshiam" :wink: is shy akka's old name in geetham :P

Ucan see this name in very old topics :wink:

mmmm ellorum orru naal varuvango :yes: but arumugham uncle naan varamindhi ye illa so i dont no about him :Ksp:

Bluelotus
01-24-2005, 07:31 AM
I wonder...whatever happened to arumugam and all those mods i've never heard of (because I came in pretty late)?? Do pple just disappear?

The thing we mods don't like to tell you is that....

there's this huge Geetham Monster :00: :00: :00:

bayagaramana oru Monster....it needs to be fed quite regularly...so we let it roam now and then...and sometimes it just gobles up Moderators as well as lovely yummy scrumptious Geethamites :ahha:

:sm12:

come on guys...it's a public forum...people come and people stay...sometimes they get very busy cos they have more pressing priorities to attend to

like Sri says "change is always a constant"

but we sure miss them all...

blue.

Priyanka
01-24-2005, 08:00 AM
bayagaramana oru Monster....it needs to be fed quite regularly...so we let it roam now and then...and sometimes it just gobles up Moderators as well as lovely yummy scrumptious Geethamites

:00: Appadiyaa? Pinna athu ungalai mattum eppadi vittu vacchurukku. Oru kaal athuve ungalai parthu bayandhuduccho ennavo :lol: (Just kidding ma :wink: )

mrs_sri_gan
04-04-2005, 11:04 AM
marupadium geetham varalaru ellarukum theriyanum'nnu intha thread'a kilarukiren. :sm03: :sm03: :sm03:

raghu
04-05-2005, 01:30 PM
thanks mrs srigan..ungalala dhan i saw this thread.........very impressive...........congrats to every one who have worked hard to make this a entertaining site...........

itechlegend
06-05-2005, 07:39 PM
ah ah.. geetham ku ivallo periya history iruka..
ithana naala ithu enku theriyama poche...
aanalum ellarum rombavey pesi irukanga pa..
athuvum ipothaiya mods apo sema kalai kalaichi irukanga..
padikum pothu siripu thangala..
especially tat "nathari", "adangudi".. hmm... ok ok

ItechLegend's history of entering Geetham,

actuala sollanum na, my sister is married and settled in japan,
she use to say tat she watches all new movies by downloading, enku romba kadupa irukum
then she came to india after a year on jan2005
it was tat time i purchased broadband account from bsnl.
so my sister who was a active member long before in geetham
gave me many sites to download movies and songs..
once such idea she gave was forums and first name she told me was geetham.net
so i created my account on 25th of feb 2005.
but since my entry to geetham i dint have any intention to download movies here.
also it was not available to me at tat time and even now.

aprum nal aga nal aga enku geetham romba pudichi pochu...
munna ellam post count increase panrarthukaagavey ethachum post pannitey irupen.
my first post was a poem in tamil .. athuku enku vantha first reply yaru koduthanga theriyuma.. nama priyanka than..

but ipo en post count epdi 1100 cross pannichi nu enkey therila. apdi addict ayiten..
antha alavuku interest and enthu ..

enga veetula enna elarum thitta arambichitanga..
nan eppa pathalum system'la ukanthute iruken nu... broadband connecton potathey
thappunu enga amma and akka adikadi solluvanga...

ipo geetham illama ennala iruka mudiyathu,,
en IE favourites'la 1st irukarthey GNET::Index than..

வாழ்க கீதம்..

innum neraiya sollanum.. but i don wanna flood this post..

san2003
10-11-2005, 08:01 AM
very good topic went in the midst of unknown... :) im just bumpin this thread.. coz found interesting things and a place to tell ur initial visit to geetham

ippo yen kathai sollava :ee:

my cuz who is also here in Aus was downloading movies and i got pretty curious on how and where.. n thats when geetham.net appeared to me :) 11 nov 2003 ... (feels like an oldie ;) :ahha:..btw my 2 yr anniversary varuthu :ahha:) i joined ... am wondering how come so late as i was alredi in aus for so many months ...anyway.. i came for movies initially as many of us too :ahha: ... so started posting to be active member.. but got to know many interesting ppl from all over the world.. n that was really wonderful coz u tend to appreciate being an Indian :ee:
wasnt active later on as i was relocating and establishin myself in a new city... but back into action lately :b: well.. i have learnt so many things here.. met wonderful ppl here and enjoyed every second of it... thanx admin bala anna and all the wonderful mods :b: :sm08:
GOOD JOB GUYS!!!!!! :clap: dec this yr would be 3 yr anniversary... isnt this great :b:

well... thats all folks... let us make geetham even a better place to be :b: :dance:

scorpion
11-11-2005, 06:51 AM
You are right Minik....There should be a celebration for Geetham on December 23.....when Geetham entered the world....The next 2 days we should celebrate for Christmas....So we shall wait and see what Geetham decides....

I missed the celebration friends....Was there any celebration in geetham at that time...pls any 1 reply me abt that

silican
11-12-2005, 03:56 AM
I missed the celebration friends....Was there any celebration in geetham at that time...pls any 1 reply me abt that

Oh yes :P We had organized for some event, though many didnt turn up. People from Australia, Hongkong and Europe couldnt make it and had to settle with just the webcast of the celebrations. :) Shy akka Lighted the 'Digital Kuththuvilakku' and Pattams cut the Ribbon. Anitam broke the PCs as usual ( :sm20: ) while Teena served hot idiappam and Sukku Coffee to the attendees. Vasan did a quick number from MJ's 'Blood on the dance floor' and GCB sang an old BoneyM number. :dance:

coolian
11-12-2005, 04:04 AM
I was hanging from a tree with my binoculars. Oh, the old days...

scorpion
11-12-2005, 04:22 AM
Oh yes We had organized for some event, though many didnt turn up. People from Australia, Hongkong and Europe couldnt make it and had to settle with just the webcast of the celebrations. Shy akka Lighted the 'Digital Kuththuvilakku' and Pattams cut the Ribbon. Anitam broke the PCs as usual ( ) while Teena served hot idiappam and Sukku Coffee to the attendees. Vasan did a quick number from MJ's 'Blood on the dance floor' and GCB sang an old BoneyM number.

Oh thats so cute...but i missed that one

dominique
03-24-2006, 01:26 PM
i am new to this forum,wishing a long life Geetham,get going!

emyesbee
03-24-2006, 01:59 PM
ah...ah...ah.....just read these posts....Geetham was registered on the day I and Sruti got married :P enna porutham entha porutham :P

Naan first Canada thaniya vantha pothu....as always was looking for a website to download movies and download carnatic stuffs; so first joined on 7th Jan 2005. At first I was able to download some movies but I did not put any posts. I was hesitating to post here first of all. Then some actvie members stuff came up and I was not able to download any movies; that was disappointing for me. But only now I have understood why the active member part is so important to make people participate more and make friendship. Now I have so many friends. Now again comeing to my story in Geetham - I began my post from the carnatic section as I am a trained carnatic singer and also have a HUGE database of carnatic stuffs. I started to share my treasures and get some trasures from Bhuvana, rasikan.....

I became just curious to see what people talk in other threads so started to post and slowly got addicted to it..........Oh man! its a wounderful site........I can't describe it in words; we should first thank the mods who made the site morethen just a downloading platform as other websites normally do. The active member system has really worked in making people to participate and slowly get into friendship with many people. Its a brilliant idea!!

After I came back from vacation from India with my wife I told her abt Geetham and she also joined it and now we both are active members :P

Narayana
03-24-2006, 04:09 PM
hehe i too started off the same way, searching for carnatic songs all the way... :ee:
beginning i posted a hello in the new comers and got such a nice reception that i was really amazed, coz that dint happen in other forums. initially started in carnatic section, but now time constraints, i just go to recent topics and select red ones :ee:

i dont visit cinema section. :) not interested in movies generally.

all_india_radio
07-20-2006, 03:13 PM
:D :lol: :b: :sm01:

zephr
07-21-2006, 05:07 AM
Great forum indeed ......... :sm03:

VENKIRAJA
07-22-2006, 11:58 AM
இன்று எட்டிய இமய உயரத்திற்க ு உங்கள் உழைப்பே சான்று.அதன மீது நம்பிக்கை வைத்து உங்கலது சக-ஃபோரம்களை சொல்லுங்கள ேன்,அவைக்க ம் கீதத்திற்க ும் உள்ள வித்தியாசங ்களைப் பட்டியலிடல ாம்.என்னதா ் சிங்கமாக இருப்பினும ் சிற்சில சிறுத்தைகள ிடமிருந்து வேகம் கற்கவேண்டு மல்லவா?

Cinderella
07-22-2006, 12:09 PM
Wow!nice thread...... :P

Actually i came to geetham to get some tamil lyrics.........I needed some lyrics...For requesting them i needed to become a member....So i became a member.....
One day i felt really bored....So i just browsed the recent posts & started answering for one by one....After reading all the posts in those threads i really liked the forum...So i started coming everyday........But now i just cant spend a day without Geetham..... :sm05:

I told my brother about it...He too became a member of it..... :D

Thanks to our admin BALA & other mods for their effort to make this forum so interesting & active....... :sm03: :sm08:

I really love being here..... :yes:

butterfly
10-02-2006, 02:42 AM
Bala,
Can we leave this thread under announcement?...so ppl joining in wud be able to read & know our geetham better :)...also it wud be nice to add the date of the recent change in our forum :-D

Shy
10-03-2006, 01:02 AM
sure pattams, will move to announcements

Shy

butterfly
10-03-2006, 10:52 PM
sure pattams, will move to announcements

Shy

Thanks Shy :b:

vennpuraa
10-03-2006, 11:27 PM
i was so surprised to see the married ppl here too ( sorry friends) normalaa avanka marry panninaa veedu velaiyodai busyaa iruppaanga.......inkaivanthaap olaithaan therithu......... paalkudi kulanthelai irunthu .....thaathaa paaddivarai irukkinam endu :P

so far me just participating on the games and random thoughts........and some posts.......and wishing ppl who have b-days, weddings........movies, songs download pannurapalakkam illai so antha area pakkam porelai .....

also i was suprised to see the post count each members post........i saw one member post passed 15000.......i'm aim to pass that limit........paarpam:)...athuk kaakaa summa ondum post pannelaathee.....qualityaana informationaa irukkanum.paarpam

geetham aarampichavudania vanthirunthaa naanum around 15 000 post vanthirukkum :D

ippa college endapadiyaa koncham time problem........paarpam eppidipokothondu

tc

Wish u all the admin and mod. for keeping in good condition:)

chinglees
10-05-2006, 03:55 AM
paalkudi kulanthelai irunthu .....thaathaa paaddivarai irukkinam endu :P

;) namma vasan thatha' va

vennpuraa
10-05-2006, 05:03 PM
naaan appidi sollelaijee:ahha::ahha::ahha:. .....thaathaamaathi rite

chinglees
10-05-2006, 09:28 PM
naaan appidi sollelaijee:P :P......thaathaamaathi rite
puraa... chumaa..:D

vennpuraa
10-05-2006, 09:58 PM
puraa... chumaa..:D
:D :) ;)........or does he really thaathaa??? neenga kekkirathaipaarthaa appidithaan polai thonruthu........

jeyasankar
10-07-2006, 02:52 AM
you are great

indian_rediff
03-31-2007, 01:54 AM
In my case, this was a true accident. I happened to be looking for some MSSubbulakshmi songs - specifically Vishnu Sahasranamam. I never got a good version of that. But I found Geetham.net instead.

This was about a week or two ago. In spite of myself, I am being drawn more and more to this forum. Why? No idea.

As I have mentioned elsewhere, I have been on the Net since before HTTP became synonymous with the Net. Those days, the usenet newsgroups and bulletin boards that existed were fantastic! These were the days BEFORE spam and bots that would simply send advertisements to these newsgroups.

The next stop for me was Rediff.com with its chat rooms. That is where i draw my moniccker from (Indian was the chatter at rediff.com). One group that I regularly post at is nukkad-list at www.mumbai-central.com. It is a close-knit group of people that chat about all things under the sun. We have some US haters and some lovers (guess where I fall?) and there are interminable conversations (threads) about this. This is not a forum like geetham.net. It is a list from a listserv. And if you have to ask what that is, you are still a kid on the Net ;-)

I am now satisfied with geetham.net - that I have got so many songs (all carnatic) from here, it'll keep me occupied for a while. Long live geetham.net and long live the people that administer it.

Sai (Indian Rediff)

P.S. And yes - Sai is my nick name.

ns80
04-03-2007, 03:10 AM
Am a bad counter, I wanted to start the 5th digit here in this landmark thread of Geetham but missed by one. If not for Ponniyin Selvan and his Sixth Dimension story whom I knew through the then Tamilterra, I would've never heard of Geetham. Geetham is among first place I started using the forum styled community (have used listservs, TFMPage since I first experienced broadband in US) and felt comfortable with. Well its really the people here who've kept Geetham alive and its the reason I still have the motivation going after 2 years. Well cant really claim that as a big thing, there's an old man lives here for the 4th year, likes this place and willingly wastes time in it :ee:

The journey continues...

vasan_torrent
04-03-2007, 05:50 AM
The journey continues...

whazzup, Nana? :wink:

Romba sentiyaa post panni irukeenga? 10000th post-aa? :wink:

v-

Shy
04-03-2007, 01:49 PM
neeya pesiyathu... ippadi sentiyaa neeya pesiyathu ;)

Shy

emyesbee
04-03-2007, 02:44 PM
NS means I thought No Senti :Ksp: ;)

ns80
04-03-2007, 04:41 PM
adhellam appappo varum. Hanky, group hug ellam pannina adi vilumm :nono: :nono: :p

Shy
04-03-2007, 04:47 PM
adhellam appappo varum. Hanky, group hug ellam pannina adi vilumm :nono: :nono: :p

cha cha athu cools ooda copyrighted stuff :ee:

Shy

Idiot
04-03-2007, 04:51 PM
ns, unga script'ae innoruthangalukku maathidalaam :wink: seekaram 20k adichuduvaanga appa vechukalaam :ee:

Narayana
04-03-2007, 05:04 PM
i came to geetham thru Googling for "carnatic torrents". :)

aamaam, first pagela post paNNirukkaravangaLa onnum inga kaaNOm....

ns80
04-03-2007, 05:40 PM
Narayana,
Vennai, Madhu were very much around when we joined. Shy, vasan, butterfly are very much active. yogi, minik, Bala dont login that often. mathavanga pathi enakkum theriyadhu.

Narayana
04-04-2007, 02:05 AM
yes.. i remember vennai and 6faces posting after I joinied...

vennpuraa
04-04-2007, 02:09 AM
ena palaiya ninaivukalaa.....coool

sWEEtmICHe
04-04-2007, 06:00 AM
hi to all.......
i got to know about this forum thru a friend of mine, ( surya ),
and joined on 29- 11- 2003....., since i loved poems, i posted on ma 1st day....
http://www.geetham.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3457
thanks to admin Bala ( ma sweet friend ), :yes:
and all admins /sumo/ moderators /friends and members of geetham
who had supported me, especially vasan chells ,shy beauty,suha papa,blue.katteri and butterfly angel...:b:..
is not where you are , is what you do-- a little contribution and sharing thoughts,
--that draws ,motivated and made me picked up Tamil in geetham ( proud to say this)..
all credit goes to vasan chells and admin Bala!! :)
All can catch me here, since i love this site,very decent forum with fruitful friends like a family ...:sm03:

GEETHAM ROCKS :clap::clap:

-sWEEtmICHe

rtindru
03-11-2010, 07:55 AM
Are Torrentz Stopped In Geetham? Coz I Really Need That Ms Subbulakshmi Collection