PDA

View Full Version : Curry(கூட்டு, பொரியல்) : Cabbage Kootu(கூட்டு)

Teena
11-20-2003, 04:06 PM
Assured for Trying - நீங்கள் இதை முயற்சி செய்யலாம்.

Ingredients:Cabbage – 1 no.
Moong dhal (pongal dhal) – ¾ cup
Coconut-1/4 cup
Jeera-1spoon
Green chilies-for taste
Salt- to taste
Onion- 1/2
Turmeric- a pinch
Garlic-1

Seasoning
Oil
Mustard
Urud dhal

Method Of Preparation:
1.Grind coconut and jeera to a fine paste
2.Pressure cook dhal with salt, water, turmeric, garlic (mash dhal after pressure-cooking)
3.In a kadai, pour oil, mustard, urud dal, onion, green chilies and fry well
4.Add cabbage, fry and cook well
5.Mix mashed dhal, ground paste and water to the cabbage and cook under low heat till it gets done.

Note: This kootu goes well with rice and roti varieties

surya21_1998
11-21-2003, 03:22 AM
hi guys
can someone tell me if there is any website online where i can buy our indian cooking stuffs? i am from usa and there is no indian shop in my city. its hard to get any stuff around here..

just imagine this.. i cant even get chili powder. the one from the local grocery store is black in color.. chili powder = black color!

it will be nice if anybody knows some indian website where i can indian products online.

thank you alot.

ps: what is *kadai* ? in the method of cooking.. it was written kadai.. appadina?

vasan
11-21-2003, 03:47 AM
I have bought stuff from www.namaste.com

Its not too bad... The prices are normal and usually they deliver on time.. you could even buy sweets etc. Also, I am not sure if they still do it - but if you are a part of an organization, which is doing some social work in India, you can register your organisation with them, and they will give you a number. If you use the number while buying, they donate a part of that purchase (some 2 %? ) to the designated charity.. Not bad..

There are several other sites too.. Google it up...

A 'Kadai' is.... it will look like this (a much abused one... like if I was the cook!!)

http://www.geetham.net/forums/album_pic.php?pic_id=236

we use to call it vaanali ie வாணலி or vadai -chatti வடை சட்டி

Yenna, nalla useful info-ah??

:D :D

Shy
11-21-2003, 04:19 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Super vasan..kalakee poottenga poonga :)

Shy

sabeshan
11-21-2003, 08:57 AM
Aama vasan, pazhaya "bharathi" avatarlaye konjam colour add panni pudhu avataraa pottuteengala??

gokulan42
02-19-2004, 04:02 PM
Aama vasan, pazhaya "bharathi" avatarlaye konjam colour add panni pudhu avataraa pottuteengala??
Can somebody please explain the recipe for 'paalkari', which is very common in marriages in south TN?

Shy
08-18-2006, 05:29 PM
For IIG :)

Shy

Idiot
08-25-2006, 09:19 PM
cabbage kootu nalla thaan irukku

danke teena and SHY :sm08:
--------------------

but i made it little bit differently :ee:

Shy
08-25-2006, 09:21 PM
enna differentaam?

konjam engalukkum solrathu :ee:

Shy

Idiot
08-25-2006, 09:26 PM
onnum illai cabbage + dhall - redaiyum cookerla boil pannitaen.. with some salt

then after with little bit of onion, chilly and some more salt add panni pinish pannitaen. of course kept it in flame till antha fresh smell pogara varaikkum :ee:

amma kittae help ketaen last week :ee:

Shy
08-25-2006, 09:28 PM
Good good .. :b:

Shy