PDA

View Full Version : Eelam Tamilians' Love toward Tamil !!

arumugam57
11-20-2003, 09:56 PM
Then we changed the forum main language to english because our tamil people couldn't write tamil - what a shame

I am amzing like anything how come you sri lankan guys much much behind this tamil language and you are doing lot of things to improve tamil language.

To be frank in tamilnadu we won't give much importance to tamil and we use only english most of the time ...

Can you guys tell any reasons for that?.

Bala
11-20-2003, 10:22 PM
looks good. I want to cut and paste some good stuffs from there to here ( If it has something). Where is bhamini fonts? I am seeing " Adankappidaari" fonts.

:lol: Its not Baamini or Adankappidaari..
It is Sarukesi same as Baamini key board, you can use bamini instead of sarukesi

That font looks nice but we can not mix it in this new geetham forum..
i have made code level changes to do the old site :oops: :oops: , in that site you can not mix tamil and enlish at the same time (same line)

I am amzing like anything how come you sri lankan guys much much behind this tamil language and you are doing lot of things to improve tamil language.

this tamil language
if i were you i say our tamil language, its in our blood.

You can see there were lot of sri lankan tamils contrubuting at that time of the tamil forum..

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

To be frank in tamilnadu we won't give much importance to tamil and we use only english most of the time ...

Don't you think it is shame that being a tamil and not able to speak or write tamil properly.., I am proud being a tamil :cool:

arumugam57
11-20-2003, 10:30 PM
we are not feeling shame because our parents brought up like that only.
In the chid hood days itself they advice like this.

1. study well in english medium school.
2. enter into engineering
3. get software job and go to USA.
4. Earn dollers.
5. For doing all those things proper english is must. Here in india Industrial world is dominated by south indians because they are good in english. North indians are good in hindi only so won't get hi-fi jobs.

6. In campus interviews english communication is a big factor.

And etc etc.. no one is giving much importance to tamil. Some love and easiness is there. But you sri lankan guys are diwing for tamil language. Thats what amazing. Any how good job and good spirit.

Bala
11-20-2003, 10:49 PM
you don't need to forget tamil to do all those things, you can be good in tamil at the same time you can be good in english and achive anything...

what is diwing??

dinesh
11-20-2003, 10:55 PM
Dude arumugam.....I did all my education in Tamil......and I find no problem in learning in English now.......
Do you think learning Tamil diminishes your chances to get into a US Uni?
It's YOUR language for goodness sake

dinesh
11-20-2003, 11:10 PM
no my education in school.....that's what arumugam asked.....he said only if we did our schooling in English we could go to a US university......

which is not very true, is it? You only need a good knowledge of English. It's very easy to acheive that without actually schooling in English

sathy
11-20-2003, 11:29 PM
i agree with you dinesh, its not that you should have done english medium to get into US universities. but, i have seen guys struggling a lot that came from tamil medium. i went to public school we had both tamil and english mediums. but tamil medium was upto 10th grade only. so from higher secondary everything was english. they had a hard time in understanding the subjects. they had problems in knowing the subjects and represting everything in english which learnt in tamil from 1st grade. in this scenario wat parents would do, they will bring up their kids in english medium by default. so that there won't be any prob. in the future. since the educational institutions doesn't give that much importance, government not giving that much importance and our parents not giving that much importance we too grow up like that. once you are grown up thought comes in mind on tamil and when we start giving importance to the language you understand wat we miss, but it was little late then. atleast i'm proud i can read/write tamil. lots of guys don't even know how to read/write tamil. they might have learnt hindi/french/sanskrit. i donno wat they do learning french/sanskrit/hindi as such apart from high scores and secure high percentage. so i don't think its a shame on our part. its how we are brought up, its our society. even you would be been like this if u r in TN :ee:

dinesh
11-20-2003, 11:41 PM
I don't know Sathy. It's very easy to find excuses. But, the thing is, learning our mother tongue is not something we have to do in expectation of something else back. It is our duty. Even if it is not worth a penny, we still have to do that. Because, it is something which has been passed to us, with a history of more than 2500 years, and we have to think about the scrifices so many people have did over the years to preserve the language.
Now it's our turn. So, how can we turn back and say 'No way I'm gonna accept this burden. I want to go to a US University'? Do you think it is right?
Consider this. At some point our mothers are going to become not much use to us. Are we going to throw them to the streets sying they are of no use to us anymore? If we can't do this to our mothers, how can we do it to our mother tongue?
What I'm saying is, it's ok to learn in whatever language you want to. But make sure you don't abandon your language. For every person who refuses to learn the language it's going to be two more in the next generation and so on. Should we just stay in the sidelines and watch when our language dies, just because we want to go to a US university?

Please don't take this as a personal attack, but I find it pathetic, when people from Tamil Nadu saying I don't know to read/write Tamil, I only deal in English. Because, in another country people are trying to preserve their language and culture, in the middle of a war and extreme poverty and lack of decent sheltered schooling. In TN people have all the facilities, and peace of mind, but think it's nice to forget Tamil. Why, because to go to a US university. I don't know what to say to you lot.

sathy
11-21-2003, 12:02 AM
It's very easy to find excuses.

i'm not trying for excuses, just telling the real fact. when you were kid, you can't judge which is correct or wrong. you'll do wat ever you are said like a "killi pillai". only after a certain period of time you'll realize, which could be once can think and make decisions on your own. its not only people who go to a US university that doesn't read tamil. even few people who go to universities in TN donno how to. go to a city and ask someone if your kid is learning tamil as first lang. or atleast second lang. they might stare or laugh at you. i too regret to tell certain facts, geetham members pls. don't take as personal.

sathy
11-21-2003, 12:12 AM
moderators, i think you can move this discussion on tamil to a new post and keep this current thread going :D

sathy

dinesh
11-21-2003, 12:41 AM
what the heck does 'diwing' mean?
couldn't the person who split the post given a more decent subject?

arumugam57
11-21-2003, 01:46 AM
tell the decent subject! I will change it. It is not me who split this initially.

diwing = die-ing.

====================
In tamil nadu peer pressure so bad like do or die. If you get some 30 marks less then the toppers marks then you will be last person in the school. And that 30 marks is more then sufficient you won't get engineering seat or medical seat. you know actress thrisha got 92% in her PUC (+2) but could not get 272/300 to secure engineering seat. She don't want pricate engineering seat. I think for MEDHA too same thing might have happened.

If you do your studies in TAMIL medium you can not score good marks in english and you will be a poor fellow at the end of the year.

After reading everything in Tamil if yo enter into professional collegs you have to struggle like anything because there also education is purly in english.. And lot of facts to support why we have to study english. The same fact forces the parents "why their kid should learn tamil? ".

arumugam57
11-21-2003, 01:48 AM
And it is fact that only POOR students will go to TAMIL MEDIUM schools here. TAMIL is not at all a consideration in english medium schools where Middle Class , Rich guys studies.

dinesh
11-21-2003, 10:41 AM
After reading everything in Tamil if yo enter into professional collegs you have to struggle like anything because there also education is purly in english.. And lot of facts to support why we have to study english. The same fact forces the parents "why their kid should learn tamil? ".

This is what I'm saying is wrong. I studied in Tamil medium, and I found no problem in College/University, to study in English.
Studying in English is a different thing. It doesn't have to mean that you have to forget Tamil altogether.

vennai1
11-21-2003, 07:26 PM
couldn't the person who split the post given a more decent subject?

ippo happy-aa dineesh ;) ;)

kananipitthan
11-27-2003, 09:30 PM
தமிழில் படிப்பது
தமிழை வளர்ப்பது
தமிழில் பேசுவது பற்றி
ஆங்கிலத்தி ல் விவாதமா? :nono:

தமிழ் நாடு எனும் பெயர் ஏன் தான் உள்ளதோ?
தமிழை வெறுத்து ஆங்கில மோகத்தில் பறக்கும் மக்(கு)கள் உள்ளபோது

arumugam57
11-27-2003, 09:43 PM
Nee makkunu sollu.. Athai pathi problem illey..

But in tamilnadu if we want to get some good position give much imprtance to english. ( Tamil does not matter..it depends on individual).. If one think about it is his mother tongue and etc etc.. then he will be left of in lot of competitions...

In chennai the competition is very very serious.. Do or die...

In school itself we have seen the real hell (academic + peer pressure ) in life.

dinesh
11-27-2003, 09:45 PM
வணக்கம் பித்தன்,

நான் இவ்வரங்கில ் தமிழில் எழுதாமையைப ் பற்றிய காரணத்தை எத்தனையோ முறை குறிப்பிட் டுவிட்டேன் . ஆயினும் தாங்கள்கேட ்டுக்கொள்வ தால் மீண்டுமொரு முறை கூறுகிறேன் .
தமிழில் எழுத இவ்வரங்கில ் வசதிகள் உள்ளபோதிலு ம் அது ஆங்கிலத்தி ல் எழுதுவதை விடக் கடினமானது என்பது தாங்கள் அறிந்ததே. நான் இத்தளத்தில ் கருத்துக்க ளைச் சொல்வது எனது மனமகிழ்வுக ்காக மட்டுமேயன் றி தமிழில் உரையாடுவத் ற்காக அல்ல. எனது தமிழ் மொழியறிவை வளர்க்க நான் என்னால் முடிந்தளவு முயற்சிகளை மேற்கொள்கி றேன், ஆனால் அவை பற்றி தங்களுக்கு த் தெரியவேண்ட ிய அவசியம் ஏதுமிருப்ப தாக நான் உணரவில்லை.
மேலும் இத்தளத்தில ் தமிழில் எழுதித்தான ் எனது மொழிப்பற்ற ை மற்றையோர்க ்குத் தெரியப்படு த்தவேண்டிய அவசியமும் எனக்கில்லை .

நன்றி

dinesh
11-27-2003, 09:48 PM
But in tamilnadu if we want to get some good position give much imprtance to english. ( Tamil does not matter..it depends on individual).. If one think about it is his mother tongue and etc etc.. then he will be left of in lot of competitions...

One is a fool if he/she abandons his/her mothertongue in pursuit of money and status. It is equivalent to abandoning ones mother for money or status.

I'm not saying you shouldn't learn in English. But while learning in english you have to make sure that you, that you don't forget you mother tongue.

Learning your mother togue is not a deed you should do expecting something in return. It is your DUTY to do so.

king_143
11-27-2003, 09:48 PM
Friends,
I am ashmed that I dont know to read and write tamil beinga TAMILIAN.

In chennai the competition is very very serious.. Do or die...

In school itself we have seen the real hell (academic + peer pressure ) in life.

6face , what you are saying is true , but no one is expecting you to excel in tamil or become a pulavar. We are just expected to know to read, write,respect,protect and ENJOY. Few words but lot to do ....

arumugam57
11-27-2003, 09:49 PM
shidinesh!!! Can you write in tamil too ?? :00::00::00::00::00::00::00:
:00::00::00::00::00::00::00::0 0::00::00::00::00::00::00::00: :00::00:
:00::00::00::00::00::00::00::0 0::00::00::00::00::00::00::00: :00::00:

I am sure first time you are using tamil here.

============================== ===================

Kanini.. You go and see my Pistha Magan Drama.. Fully (98%) Tamil drama only. I used E-Kalappai for that. Do you know who gave the idea? You only.. But in other forum..

============================== =========

king_143
11-27-2003, 09:51 PM
Aru,
Enna srilankan flag??? Neinga Indian ilaya???

dinesh
11-27-2003, 09:52 PM
shidinesh!!! Can you write in tamil too ??

Of course I can write in Tamil. Did you think I was from TN, to not to know Tamil? :)

I've done it many times, but only when the need arises.

vasan
11-27-2003, 09:56 PM
shidinesh!!! Can you write in tamil too ??

Of course I can write in Tamil. Did you think I was from TN, to not to know Tamil? :)

I've done it many times, but only when the need arises.

kuththikaatatheda paavi...... :D :D

Hey, remember, Thirvuvalluvar was from TN (long long ago, but still, he was from here... !!! ) :D :D

king_143
11-27-2003, 09:57 PM
Of course I can write in Tamil. Did you think I was from TN, to not to know Tamil?

Shidinesh,
I dont agree with this, If you would have said Chennai, then it could make sense, because in other places almost every one learn tamil.

arumugam57
11-27-2003, 09:58 PM
I am very good in writing , speaking , reading tamil guys.
Proof : My pistha magan drama..

But the thing is officially we won't use tamil language anywhere.

Only english..

Thats it..

Cheers.

dinesh
11-27-2003, 10:01 PM
hey guys.....cool down.....
that was meant to be a winding-up.....see the ':)' smiley....
no offence...

arumugam57
11-27-2003, 11:03 PM
Sill I am not understanding why this sri lankan guys are dieing for tamil language? :think::think::think::think::t hink::think::think::think::thi nk:

supremehero
11-28-2003, 10:46 PM
சமஸ்கிரதம் எங்கே...பாளி எங்கே.....இப் டி நாளை தமிழ் எனும் மொழி எங்கே....ஒரு தேசிய இனத்தை இனங்காட்ட தனித்துவமா ன மொழி வடிவம் ,கலாசாரம் பண்பாடு நாகரிகம்,ப ரம்பரிய வாழ்விடம் இவை அனைத்தும் முக்கியம்... அப்படியானா ல் தான் சர்வதேசச் சட்டப் பிரகாரம் தமிழர்கள் தங்களை தனித் தேசிய இனமாகக் காட்டமுடிய ும்....ஆனால் டில்லியின் அதிகாரத்து ள் அவர்களின் அரசியல் அடாவடிகளுக ்குள் வாழப் போகும் தமிழர்களுக ்கு அது அவசியம் இல்லை....அதை வளர்க்க டில்லியும் அனுமதிக்கப ் போவதில்லை... .இன்னும் 100 வருடங்களின ் பின் தமிழ்நாடு என்ற பெயரை அகற்றினாலு ம் கேட்க யாரும் இருக்கமாட் டார்கள் என்று டில்கிக்கு இன்றே தெரியும்...அ துதான் அவர்கள் உங்கள் மொழி அழிவைப்பற் றி மிகச் சந்தோசத்தி ல் இருக்கிறார ்கள்...இந்தி படிக்க மறுத்த தமிழர்கள் நாளை மொழியற்றிர ுந்தால் அவர்களுக்க ான தேசிய இனத்துவம் இல்லாமல் போகும்...வடக ்கே ஒரு காஷ்மீர் போல் தெற்கே மீண்டும் ஒரு பிரிவினைக் கு வாய்ப்பே இருக்காது... ....!

நீங்கள் ஆங்கிலத்தி ல் பேசினாலும் பிச்சை எடுப்பது இந்தியாவில ் தான் என்பதை நன்கு உணர்ந்து கொள்ளுங்கள ்...ஆங்கிலதே சம் உங்கள் ஆங்கிலத்தை எதிர்பார்க ்கவில்லை...... அதையும் தெளிவாக்கி க் கொள்ளுங்கள ்....!

பெற்றதாயை விட்டு கொஞ்சம் செல்வாக்கெ ன்பதற்காய் பக்கத்து வீட்டு அன்ரியை அம்மா என்போரை நாம் என்ன செய்ய முடியும்....!

ஆங்கிலம் அவசியம் தமிழ் அத்தியாவசி யம்....!

:evil: :Ksp: :evil:

arumugam57
11-28-2003, 10:58 PM
இன்னும் 100 வருடங்களின ் பின் தமிழ்நாடு என்ற பெயரை அகற்றினாலு ம் கேட்க யாரும் இருக்கமாட் டார்கள்

Impossible... Still people are there to care about tamilnadu. Further Tamil Politicians having good share of power in determining the delhi power. So delhi power won't play with tamil political matters easily.

ஆங்கிலதேசம ் உங்கள் ஆங்கிலத்தை எதிர்ப்பார ்க்கவில்லை ......அதையும் தெளிவாக்கி க் கொள்ளுங்கள ்....!

To get a software job , To go to USA , To settle in USA , To dominate USA , To start a company in USA .. ONE SHOULD BE GOOD IN ENGLISH FIRST. USA expects good proficiency in english..

No.. It is not like that... With out english people can live a middle class life but can't achieve big big things in the world.

Without knowing tamil people achieved a lot..

Cheers.

arumugam57
11-28-2003, 10:59 PM
Don't talk about indians ..like we are not taking care of TAMIL.

Just tell why your guys are dieing for TAMIL?

supremehero
11-28-2003, 11:10 PM
To safeguard our tamil nationality...now you have indian nationality...not tamilnadu nationality.....Tamil guys in srilanka....they have srilankan nationality..without any basic rights.....but we were all with tamil nationality when our kings ruled south india and whole srilanka....!
why did you loose it...after western colonization....?!

arumugam57
11-28-2003, 11:16 PM
You tell me.. In what way TAMIL helped you in fulfilling your dreams in life till now?.

Don't tell just Tamil Friends helped and etc etc.. It is Friends helped and both are talking same language. Friends help us if they are not talking our language too...

supremehero
11-28-2003, 11:26 PM
when that guys get freedom...world except india and some other nations will ask them to show evidence belonging into international law to register tamils as specific national in the world....If they don't have proper language,history,culture and homeland...they never ever attain their goal....! that's why they are trying hard to protect tamil language..... and tamil's homeland.....in this planet....! but tamilnadu is not a homeland for tamils.....that's a homeland for all indians.....????! colonization had changed all history.....!

:evil: :think: :evil:

supremehero
11-28-2003, 11:33 PM
இன்னும் 100 வருடங்களின ் பின் தமிழ்நாடு என்ற பெயரை அகற்றினாலு ம் கேட்க யாரும் இருக்கமாட் டார்கள்

Impossible... Still people are there to care about tamilnadu. Further Tamil Politicians having good share of power in determining the delhi power. So delhi power won't play with tamil political matters easily.

ஆங்கிலதேசம ் உங்கள் ஆங்கிலத்தை எதிர்ப்பார ்க்கவில்லை ......அதையும் தெளிவாக்கி க் கொள்ளுங்கள ்....!

To get a software job , To go to USA , To settle in USA , To dominate USA , To start a company in USA .. ONE SHOULD BE GOOD IN ENGLISH FIRST. USA expects good proficiency in english..

No.. It is not like that... With out english people can live a middle class life but can't achieve big big things in the world.

Without knowing tamil people achieved a lot..

Cheers.

Would you like to be an indian or American...if u wish to be an american... don't talk about india.....! can you change your genetics....physical expression...they never accept asian as american...even you reach very high status in america or in any western nation.......we are facing reality......!

Do one thing..prepare to sell whole india to america.. then you all can get all the benefits in india and american nationality as well....!

Srilankan tamil guys are studying and working in uk and america...and they are well in tamil as well....English is only useful to get benefits from uk and america...but if u go to other European countries you can see clearly that they are speaking their own language not English...Chinese and Japanese are studying in their own language and working in uk and american in very high number than Indians......!

:evil: :think: :P :ahha:

arumugam57
11-28-2003, 11:50 PM
Not only me.. Everyone wants hi-fi status, Good recognition for their best education , knowledge , intelligence and going to the places where they get all those things..

USA is giving all those things..

Their language is English..

If you good in english you can communicate with US people easily and they will accept you in their job / society and you too can get what ever you want.. You can not become the president but you can contest for a giverner post. I think that is more then sufficient..

Here good knowledge of tamil ? How come it will help in uplifting your life?

Now prabhagaran announced that he don't want seperate tamil eelam but wants the political power/decisions at the areas where tamilians are more.

So there is no chance of getting seperate tamil state/ nation. So how come your specialisation in tamil help you to get a seperate nation.
============================== ================
Yes.. Tamilnadu is full of everyone. Lot of educational institutes , jobs , industries and etc etc.. So no one can avoid other state people coming and setting here. But once they come into tamilnadu they too considerd as tamilians as per political rules and regulations..

Still I am not understanding why your sri lankan tamilians are dieing for tamilians.!!!

supremehero
11-29-2003, 12:00 AM
Not only me.. Everyone wants hi-fi status, Good recognition for their best education , knowledge , intelligence and going to the places where they get all those things..

USA is giving all those things..

Their language is English..

If you good in english you can communicate with US people easily and they will accept you in their job / society and you too can get what ever you want.. You can not become the president but you can contest for a giverner post. I think that is more then sufficient..

Here good knowledge of tamil ? How come it will help in uplifting your life?

Now prabhagaran announced that he don't want seperate tamil eelam but wants the political power/decisions at the areas where tamilians are more.

So there is no chance of getting seperate tamil state/ nation. So how come your specialisation in tamil help you to get a seperate nation.
============================== ================
Yes.. Tamilnadu is full of everyone. Lot of educational institutes , jobs , industries and etc etc.. So no one can avoid other state people coming and setting here. But once they come into tamilnadu they too considerd as tamilians as per political rules and regulations..

Still I am not understanding why your sri lankan tamilians are dieing for tamilians.!!!

That’s mean he expects power share should be very high and be nearly equal to separate state......! Not like Indian states....! If central dislikes state it can remove state government within an hour...that's india....!

See...Japanese developed their country very soon after second world war and Chinese are now doing the same...but india...it has itself enough human resource and other resources but all indians are selfish like u...i can tell u one thing..india never ever reaches developed stage until people like u living in that nation...! :ahha:
if any person does not love his nation then he/she can't realise others effort to love the nation and language...that's why you could not realise lankan tamil guys efforts...!

Thanks bye...! :b:

:evil: :think: :P

victor4u
12-01-2003, 05:00 AM
knowledge of tamil is not at all required to get a decent job in tamilnadu.

so when there is no necessity to learn tamil, there wont be any urge to learn too ! :nono:

arumugam57
12-01-2003, 05:10 AM
Iyo.. supreme..
I love India , I love tamil nadu , I love Tamil language. But not very cracy about tamil language like your guys.

India could not satisfy my expectations then ofcourse I will move away from india and settle in USA. Please note only money is not enough to take that decision. Lot of other things also there.

Any how.. My hearty http://www.feebleminds-gifs.com/smiley-faces57.gifhttp://www.feebleminds-gifs.com/smiley-faces57.gifhttp://www.feebleminds-gifs.com/smiley-faces57.gifhttp://www.feebleminds-gifs.com/smiley-faces57.gif for your love towards tamil language.

Cheers.