1 onion chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/2 - 1 tsp minced chilli
1-11/2 tbsp medium curry paste,to taste
8oz can chopped tomatoes
2/3 cup coconut milk
8 oz peeled jumbo shrimp
salt

1. To make pooris, put the flours in a bowl and make a well in the center. Add the ghee or oil,salt, and hot water, and mix to form a dough. Leave to stand for 1 hour

2. Meanwhile, prepare the topping.Cut the spinach crossways into widestrips do this by making bundles of leaves and slicing with a sharp knife.

3. Heat the ghee or oil in a skillet,add the onion,garlic,chilli and spinach and cook gently for 4 minutes, shaking the pan and stirring frequently. Add the curry paste, tomatoes,and coconut milk, and simmer for 10 minutes,stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat, stir in the shrimp, and season with salt to taste.

4. Knead the dough well on a floured surface divide into 6 pieces, and shape into 6 balls. Roll out each one to a 5 inch round. Heat about 1 inch oil in a deep skillet until smoking hot. Take one poori at at time, lower into the hot oil, and cook for 10-15 seconds on each side until puffed up and golden. Remove the poori with a slotted spoon, drain on paper towels,and keep warm while cooking the remainder in the same way.

5. Reheat the shrimp mixture. Arrange a poori on each serving plate and spoon the shrimp mixture on to each one. serve immediately.

Minik
11-24-2003, 04:13 AM
Hi guys, The above receipe is a very good one I tried this on the weekend and invited my friend and she said its very good. You guys got to try this and let me know how it is. Hope you will all like this. :sm11:

:Ksp: Hi Moderators, I don't know I Posted the above receipe in the right spot if it is not please can you shift it. Thanks :wink: