PDA

View Full Version : Kulambu(குழம்பு) : Vengaya Sambhar(வெங்காய ் சாம்பார்)

muralipr
11-21-2003, 07:27 PM
Assured for Trying - நீங்கள் இதை முயற்சி செய்யலாம்.

1. In a little ghee ,fry sambar onion ( 4to 5,skin removed ) and set aside.

2. In a little oil fry red chillies (3) dhania (3t.s.), milagu (4) ,venthayam (a pinch)kasa kasa (1/2 t.s.) pattai (1)marattimokku (1) and grind the above ingrediants with 2 fried onions,pottu kadalai (1 t.s.) and a small bit kopparai in little water coarsely.

3. Boil thuvaram paruppu (1/2cup)with a pinch of manjal thul and 1/2 t.s. of oil .

4. With the boiled paruppu , add tamarind water (1small goli size puli) and salt and allow to boil.

5. Add tomato (1) cut in to pieces .

6. Add fried onion , masala and 1 cup water and allow to boil.

7. When sambar thickened , in a little oil fry kadugu and 1/2 red chilly and pour.

Teena
11-21-2003, 11:19 PM
Murali

Can we add cloves,poopy seeds,marati mokku to sambar?
Will it not affect the taste of the sambar?
Kindly explain

muralipr
11-25-2003, 10:51 PM
it will not affect the taste of this sambar for sure. u can add everything given in this. This sambar tastes good.This is my favourate one.try and give me comments sivam

sri_gan
12-12-2003, 09:26 PM
This is originally posted by Sen_shree, I'm routing the recipe to proper direction.

Another type of Vengaya Sambhar - Posted by sen_shree

toor dhal-1 cup
small onions-10 to 15
tomatoes-1 to 2
vegetables-carrot,beans.......cut into small pieces
tamarind paste

for frying
1.channa dhal-1 tsp
2.urad dhal-1 tsp
3.coriander seeds-1 tsp
4.jeera-1 tsp
5.astaefodia-2 pinches
6.methi seds-1/2 tsp
7.coconut-11/2 tsp(optional)

fry without oil and grind in mixie.

procedure

cook toor dhal in cooker.in a pan add the cooked dhal,onoins,tomatoes and vegetables.add the grinded powder to this.add salt.let it cook.finally u can add tamarind paste.adding more tomatoes will be good than adding tamarind paste.once the vegetables are cooked season it.

for seasoning

put 2 tsp of oil.add musturd seeds.when it pops add urad dhal.then add some finelly chopped onions.when it turns golden brown add some jeera and finally asteafodia.