PDA

View Full Version : Curry(கூட்டு, பொரியல்) : Pullipu Keerai(புல்லிப பு கிரை)

laksivan
11-21-2003, 11:41 PM
Assured for Trying - நீங்கள் இதை முயற்சி செய்யலாம்.

here is the recipie for pulippu keerai. it is a very easy recipie. try this

Ingredients
Spinach 1 bunch
Small Tomatoes - 3 nos
Red Chillies 3 nos (increase it, if you prefer it more hot)
Tamarind water - take the amount just to pressure cook spinach,
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Urul Dal - 1 teaspoon
cooking Oil - 1 teaspoon
Method :
1.Pressure cook the Spinach, Tomatoes with Tamarind paste mixed in water upto 2 whistles
2.heat oil and add the mustard seeds and when it splutters add the urul dal, red chilli and fry it till it turns a light brown.
3.Now to the above add the cooked items and allow it to boil in High flame for 5-10 minutes.
This goes well with plain rice or veg. fried rice! Try it and enjoy it!

Shy
11-21-2003, 11:48 PM
How much water should we use here.. the reason I am asking is it like kootu type or pooriyal type??

Shy

vasan
11-22-2003, 12:02 AM
Kootu, I think. Poriyal would be hard if you pressure cook... ?? Thats a logical reply, but not born out of experience... I know also, that logic is not often the right tool in the kitchen...

Moderator-ukke, sandhegama?? mmm...

laksivan
11-22-2003, 12:04 AM
it's a kootu type. u can cook the spinach & tomotoes in tamarind water,
take tamarind water such that spinach and tomotoes get fully immersed in that.

vasan
11-22-2003, 12:07 AM
Hiya... I am pleased as punch.

I did say it correctly !!! Prize undaa?

:)

Shy
11-22-2003, 12:17 AM
The reason I asked is... some people they pressure cook, drain the water and use it for rasam and sambhar.. with the cooked stuff, then fry it in oil with other ingredients..

athaan kaetaen :(

Vasan, prize undu..mm.. enna vaenum kaelunga.. entha recipe samraajiyathula erunthu.. will get u ;)

Shy

madhu_aish1
11-22-2003, 01:23 AM
vasan nee prize vangura alavuku periya aaal ayitae. but enaku fundamentals doubt vanthidichu..... :( .what is the difference between kootu and poriyal.. :snooty: :snooty: :snooty: :snooty: :snooty: :snooty:

Madhu

vasan
11-22-2003, 01:56 AM
ummm hmmm.. the same difference between water and sand..

Kootu is has little more water - ingredients (veggies.. ) cooked in steam or boiled in water (pressure cooked !!). Poriyal mostly taken directly and fry it up (with almost no addition of water). This is theory.... :)

But in practice, people do cook stuff (just some sort of precooking... like for example boil the potatoes and peel it before you make a fried poriyal), even for poriyal.

mm... madhu, my dear sishya.. !! I have no clue if what I wrote it correct. Moderator - avargal thaan idhai check panna vendum... Namba anubhavam ellam maximum egg curry and omlette level thaan.. :)

Idhukkumela 'fundamental-ah' yedhavadhu ketta, appuram Sofia-kitte solleeduven.. :) :)

Sandhosama irruppa... Weekend vandhiduchhu.. Guru-Sisyan paarkanum.. :)

Mudhal muraiyai Prize vaangina perumidhaththudan,

Vasan

madhu_aish1
11-22-2003, 02:09 AM
mm... madhu, my dear sishya.. !! I have no clue if what I wrote it correct. Moderator - avargal thaan idhai check panna vendum... Namba anubhavam ellam maximum egg curry and omlette level thaan.. :)

Idhukkumela 'fundamental-ah' yedhavadhu ketta, appuram Sofia-kitte solleeduven.. :) :)

danks for the explanation...waiting for confirmation from "Axe effect Shy " and other recipe queens... only then i include this theory in my diary.. :D :D

phobia ...err sofia (courtesy : vennai1.com) .. avangalae ethuku illuthae... perr partha odanae... enaku B.P yerrr arambikuthu :cry: ..started sweating like a pig.. :( .. chinna vayasilaa ... maths teacher kitaa perambala adi vanginathu nyabagam varuthu baaa.. :00:

Madhu