PDA

View Full Version : need help in growing tulsi plant

prathika
10-22-2009, 06:46 AM
hi to everyone,

i got a tulsi plant in a pot 2 weeks ago, i am not seeing any development :think:, but there are no infections as such coz i can stil see all the leaves are fresh.

is anyone growing tulsi plant?? please share your experience and tips to grow the tulsi plant healthy and happy..thanks to all in advance...:hug:

kpn
10-22-2009, 05:58 PM
Dear Prathika,

I Have Planted Many Of Tulasi Plants And See Them Grow Nicely ( Healthily).

Its My Opinion That, Tulasi Needs Nice Environment ( Scientifically Also) And With A Nice Heart . I Have Seen In Houses , She Doesn't Grow Where People Are Always Grumbling , Scolding , Abusing Others.

All She Needs Is A Pure Heart With Lots Of Love And Affection Towards Other Beings.

prathika
10-23-2009, 05:11 AM
dear kpn,

i totally agree wid u that the tulsi needs nice heart and good environment.
i think i have got both of them...;)

is there any other suggestions regarding watering, manures, or any specail care required for it??? :think:

thanks for the reply though...

vasan
10-24-2009, 12:30 AM
I am curious why you have posted it as a poll, Prathika? :think: :)

I don't have tulasi plant at my home. Or any other plants for that matter - so, hopefully some one (such as KPN) will help you.. :)

vasan

sukhirs
10-24-2009, 02:31 PM
Everyday Put water in copper pot as we put milk on Shiv Ling. Just pray to it and say "Thanks Plant Kingdom for supporting the humanity and saving the animal kingdom". and then bow your head. Do not look for growth of plant. Just pray and let them do whatever Tulsi plant wants to do. You do not have control on plants. Just give them love and gratitude.

prathika
10-26-2009, 04:26 AM
hi vasan,
my friend had got a tulsi plant and it dint survive for more than a week:mad:, when i got new one for myself, i just looked around in the internet to find that so many of them were not that successful in growing tulsi plants healthy :think:,thats why i posted the thread and the poll.
and thanks to sukhirs for that reply........

Bluelotus
12-16-2009, 12:14 AM
have you tried speaking to them? it may work...
what about creating a mini-indoor greenhouse. the plant may be a little cold or dry ? :think:

irrigate the soil well, try adding tiny pebles at the bottom of the pot when you re-pot

and no sorry I don't own one

sangeetham
12-17-2009, 06:26 AM
Dear Prathika, Thulasi is quite easy to grow. However, it is winter now, and many plants respond by slowing down, shedding leaves etc - kind of plant hibernation. If you live in an area where the temp drops below 5 Celsius at night, put the plant indoors by a window where it gets lots of light, and water when the soil seems dryish, but spray with water every day & as often as you can.Come spring move the plany oyt doors when the temp starts rising.

If you are in warm climes, you should have no problems at all - routime watering the soil, and spraying the plant with water should do.

Good luck,

bhuvana

prathika
12-17-2009, 07:06 AM
thanks people for the valuable replies and suggestions :)
@blue lotus: i do speak to them while watering them.the plant is around 3 months old. after how many days should i repot it?

@bhuvana:i stay in bangalore, the temp might not fall below 10 degrees at night also. so i think, keeping them indoors is not necessary.as you said, i think i will have to wait till fall of winter. :)

Bluelotus
02-22-2010, 12:58 AM
thanks people for the valuable replies and suggestions :)
@blue lotus: i do speak to them while watering them.the plant is around 3 months old. after how many days should i repot it?

@bhuvana:i stay in bangalore, the temp might not fall below 10 degrees at night also. so i think, keeping them indoors is not necessary.as you said, i think i will have to wait till fall of winter. :)

It must be at least six months by now. have you repotted it yet? how tall is your little shrub?
Does it look like a cute bonsai or a little taller?

I want to buy a pair of "veppilai" shrubs. Mum used to have them, and they could't cope with teenage tantrums and slowly shed all their leaves. Would you know by any chance what their latin and common English names are?

vennpuraa
02-22-2010, 03:17 AM
Bluelotus..."veppilai" = margosa or neem tree in englishhhh

Bluelotus
02-25-2010, 12:22 AM
Bluelotus..."veppilai" = margosa or neem tree in englishhhh
Nandri Dude!
I just googled it ( :think: all I got so far was "Somatic embryogenesis and plant regeneration of neem" ) but we shall persevere and find a garden centre which sell s Neem shrub

vennpuraa
02-25-2010, 07:19 AM
but i heard.. we shouldn't grow neem tree at home or so........??

sangeetham
03-06-2010, 06:12 PM
Hi Blue, here is the Botanical Name for Neem : Azadirachta indica. Synoname: Melia azadirachta

In some countries, it may be known as Chinaberry tree, but there are various species of chinaberry, not all are Indian Neem. May also be known as Indian Lilac in England.

Best to have an Indian buddy get you the seeds of the neem tree from India.

S