PDA

View Full Version : million dollar challenge

sundaraveena
11-29-2003, 08:10 PM
The James Randi Educational Foundation offer a one-million-dollar prize to anyone who can show, under proper observing conditions, evidence of any paranormal, supernatural, or occult power or event. The prize is in the form of negotiable bonds held in a special investment account. The JREF does not involve itself in the testing procedure, other than helping to design the protocol and approving the conditions under which a test will take place. All tests are designed with the participation and approval of the applicant. In most cases, the applicant will be asked to perform a relatively simple preliminary test of the claim, which if successful, will be followed by the formal test. Preliminary tests are usually conducted by associates of the JREF at the site where the applicant lives. Upon success in the preliminary testing process, the "applicant" becomes a "claimant."

To date, no one has ever passed the preliminary tests
--
www.randi.org

thirudan
11-29-2003, 08:13 PM
ennamma ithu? onnume puriyalayee?? plzz explain....

sundaraveena
11-29-2003, 08:18 PM
if anyone claims they are supernatural or have inhuman powers they can approach the foundation, a million dollars is waiting for them!

gsatnan
11-29-2003, 08:31 PM
wow wish i had some supernatural power

Shy
11-29-2003, 09:06 PM
Should they have supernatural power or ... can they show someone who have that.. or something :)

Basically supernatural power'na namba oorla.."ghost" thaanae

Shy

dinesh
11-29-2003, 11:37 PM
I wonder why some of those saamiyaar's in India, who take lingam's out of their mouths or make gold chains out of thin air, go for this award..... :lol:

king_143
11-30-2003, 12:10 AM
I wonder why some of those saamiyaar's in India, who take lingam's out of their mouths or make gold chains out of thin air, go for this award..... :lol:

Samiyars would say they dont do this for money. They want bhaktas ( and theirs money,...) but not a challenge where they have to prove.

NOTE: The statement is only for fake samiyars

vasan
11-30-2003, 11:04 PM
wow wish i had some supernatural power

If you have supernatural powers, do you think you will excited about a million bucks?? Hey that's not supernatural.... You could make as much as you want..

:) just an observation... thats all...

dinesh
11-30-2003, 11:07 PM
If all those things said in Hindu scriptures are to be believed, if one acheives those supernatural powers, then he/she will lose the attraction towards worldly things such as money. So there is no danger of this prize being claimed by anybody, IMHO :)

anitam
11-30-2003, 11:31 PM
i think this is only for the samiyars in our place....

ashokcsn_2000
11-30-2003, 11:45 PM
I wonder why some of those saamiyaar's in India, who take lingam's out of their mouths or make gold chains out of thin air, go for this award.....

PPL please understand this. samiars are not ppl that we see the streets doign all fake miracles.
One should first understand that the human brain is very powerful and we are utilizing less than 5% of it. There are people who are able to utilize it better.... bringing things under control by studied meditation. This we way we can control various aspects of us like breathing, body temperature and heart beat --- all this scientifically proved. Like this there are other things tooo ... (just think of why we sometimes have some strong instincts and they come in true) ... these are not miracles ... just a higger degree of control that one gets over his environment.

ashok

vennai1
12-02-2003, 09:31 PM
again a ***** shout antagonizing something your brain can't relate to !
well you know who to blame ! :lol: