PDA

View Full Version : Sweets(இனிப்பு ) : Rasagola

vedha79
12-02-2003, 06:57 PM
Assured for Trying - நீங்கள் இதை முயற்சி செய்யலாம்.

INGREDIENTS:

4 cups of cream milk
1 tsp. refined flour (maida)
1 cup sugar
2 cups water
1 tsp. rose water
Juice of 2 lemons

METHOD:

1.Heat the milk to boiling point and add lime juice for curdling. When milk is completely curdled, pour into a muslin cloth and allow to drain.
2.When almost dry, press the cloth with a weight and leave to drain further.
3.Once the solid chenna (paneer) has been formed, add flour and knead to a soft dough. Make small balls from the dough.
4.Boil sugar and water for 5 minutes to make a syrup and carefully drop balls into the syrup. 5.Cook the balls gently in the syrup for 15 minutes.
6.Cool and add rose water. Serve chilled with the Syrup.

Serves: 4-6
Preparation time: 45-55 minutes

Shy
12-02-2003, 07:15 PM
Thanks vedha.. I just said to aburv that I am planing to post one.. but neenga already post'ae panniteenga, suprise..

Shy

vedha79
12-02-2003, 07:19 PM
Thanks vedha.. I just said to aburv that I am planing to post one.. but neenga already post'ae panniteenga, suprise..

Shy

WELCOME !!!!!!(FOR UR THANKS)

SHY U CAN POST ANY OTHER RECIPIE FOR MAKING RASAGOLLA.

I HAVE ANOTHER RECIPIE BUT ITS A BIT COMPLICATED N TOO LONG !!!!I WILL TRY TO POST IT BY TOMORROW !!!!!

12-02-2003, 07:28 PM
aNY ONE YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHAT DO YOU MEAN by RASA ? GOLLA?. Just for my general knowledge.

Thanks in advance.

Shy
12-02-2003, 07:39 PM
aNY ONE YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHAT DO YOU MEAN by RASA ? GOLLA?. Just for my general knowledge.

Thanks in advance.

mm.. eppadi ellama GK kathukanum :) ..

anyway..Rasa, u know i guess.. its the jeera...bengal acquired "Ola" from the portuguese and combined it with what was Bengal's own "Rasa mundi" to form a big white ball-gola and call it Rasagola which is present day Bengal's speciality called "Rasagola".

When made into larger size with more delicacies as ingredients it becomes "Raj bhog" or when orange peels are added for flavour and taste it becomes "Kamala bhog"

Shy

aburvaraagam
12-02-2003, 08:05 PM
Thanks a tonne vedha. Try panni paarthutu sollaren. Ippove naakku oorudhu,llllsssssssssppppppp.

Shy
12-02-2003, 08:53 PM
8 cups Milk
1/2 cup Lemon Juice
1/2 cup Sugar

(1)Bring milk to a boil.
(2)When boiling add either whiter vinegar or lemon juice and turn off the stove.
(3)Milk will separate into whey and curd.
(4)Pour into a vessel through a strainer, leaving only the panir/curd in strainer until cold and dry.
(5)Keep aside for atlest an hour (best if kept overnight).
(6)Smooth curd in a mixer for one minute (till it becomes soft and not sticky).
(7)Now form even sized small balls from the curd. About 40-45 rasogollas would be formed.
(8)Add one and half cups of water to half cup sugar and bring to boil in a pressure cooker.
(9)Place the rasgollas in syrup.
(10)Pressure cook it for couple of minutes for about 2 whistles.
(11)When pressure cooker depressurizes, remove the rasogollas and let them cool.

============================== ============================== ======================

Rasagolla 12
Milk 1 and ½ kg
Sugar 500 gms
Condensed milk 1 tin
Almonds ½ cup
Green cardamoms (elaichi) 2

Boil the milk with sugar for about 10 mins on low flame stirring continuously-add condensed milk and boil again to get required consistency-allow it to cool, put in the Rasagollas-pour in a bowl sprinkle chopped almonds and elaichi-serve chilled.

Different syrup and its very tasty.. i tried this and it was good.
Shy

selpra
12-03-2003, 07:08 PM
Thanks vedha for the recipe, i like rasagulla a lot.