PDA

View Full Version : a small doubt....

jksindhu2002
12-09-2003, 06:32 PM
I recently bought a canon Mini DV camcorder. I would like to download the video tape from the camcorder directly to my PC. Is there any software available for that. Please give me an idea.

venky1974
12-09-2003, 06:37 PM
First you need to make sure if your DV has an IEE firewire port or an USB port to directly send data to our PC. Refer to your Mannual.

If you have an IEE port them you need to buy a IEE firewire card and install in to your ISA/PCI slot of your computer and load the drivers for it.

Once this is done Windows Movie Maker will automatically see your Camera pluged in and then teh rest of it is easy.

Cheers,

jksindhu2002
12-10-2003, 01:56 PM
I dont have IEEE. I have only USB. How much it will cost? Do you have any idea? But I have some movie maker software only.

sri_gan
12-10-2003, 02:56 PM
I dont have IEEE. I have only USB. How much it will cost? Do you have any idea? But I have some movie maker software only.

Amma Sindhu, Usually with the DV Camera, some utilities will also come like the USB cable and some softwares...

Athai vache you can download the move to PC in AVi format.

Un camera name and model sollunga will let you know what you need.

venky1974
12-10-2003, 03:34 PM
IEEE Firewire costs about 40 USD in any Computer Hardware store and it usually comes with some Movie Maker Software. Its pretty easy to install.

I know for sure that there are USB ports on most of the SONY/JVC/Panasonic models and they are mainly to download the photos you take that is held on the memory stick.

Here's a link if you wanted to know more about IEEE Firewire

http://firewire.adaptec.com/

Cheers

jksindhu2002
12-10-2003, 06:46 PM
I know for sure that there are USB ports on most of the SONY/JVC/Panasonic models and they are mainly to download the photos you take that is held on the memory stick.
Cheers

Yes Venki is correct. I searched on the net that I have found that I should buy a IEEE firewire. But there is some 6 pin to 4 pin IEEE available. I dont know which one I should buy. Anyway my camcorder is Canon Mini DV camcorder. Model is ZR65(MC). Please help me. Thank you very much to venky and sri.

jksindhu2002
12-10-2003, 06:48 PM
One more question. (It may be silly)Do I need Windows XP to use IEEE. Right now I'm having windows 2000. Please help me with that also.

venky1974
12-10-2003, 07:09 PM
IEEE Firewire card are pretty much the same. I am unsure of the 6-4 pin convertor. take your Camcorder in with you and make sure the cable connects to both your Camera and the I/O card. If it does you are in business.

The drivers with the I/O card should come with the drives for most O/S. Check the package just in case before you pay up.

Venky

vasan
12-10-2003, 07:11 PM
One more question. (It may be silly)Do I need Windows XP to use IEEE. Right now I'm having windows 2000. Please help me with that also.

No.. You don't need XP. 2000 will do just fine. (actually you can even do it with 98)..
Just make sure you install the drivers that came with your IEEE firewire card...

jksindhu2002
12-11-2003, 01:50 PM
Thank you very much Guys! Let me go to the shop tommorrow. I'm gonna buy a firewire. I'll tell you how it works.

jksindhu2002
12-15-2003, 02:19 PM
Guys,

I bought a firewire IEEE 1394 and connect it to my camcorder. Now I'm able to download the video from my camcorder. Also It came with a video editing software. So Everything is good now. Thanks for your help.

venky1974
12-15-2003, 05:55 PM
Sindhu,

Can you please let me know as to how much its costing now? What brand and what is the software that you got for editing?

Venky

sri_gan
12-15-2003, 06:13 PM
Sindhu,

Can you please let me know as to how much its costing now? What brand and what is the software that you got for editing?

Venky

http://www.sewelldev.com/FireWirePCICard.asp?s=google&g=cm&a=FireWire_PCI_Card

Venky ithu helpfula irrukanu parunga...

venky1974
12-15-2003, 06:15 PM
Thanks Sri,

I was wondering. I had bought mine for 60 $ last year. I guess once you buy electronic good, there is no point coming back and checkign the price.

Actually one of my friends is also looking to get one. Thanks

Venky

sri_gan
12-15-2003, 06:23 PM
Thanks Sri,

I was wondering. I had bought mine for 60 $ last year. I guess once you buy electronic good, there is no point coming back and checkign the price.

Actually one of my friends is also looking to get one. Thanks

Venky

Very true venky... I always wait and buy it later... ofcourse time is very propotional with money in case of electronics...

jksindhu2002
12-15-2003, 09:07 PM
Sindhu,

Venky

Hi venky,

I bought Adaptec FirewireConeect 4300. It have 3 ports to connect with your external FireWire/1394 devices and it comes with a cord and a video editing software too. It costs $50. It comes with cd/DVD burning s/w too. It is very good and I tried to edit the videos. It came well. Good luck! :b: