PDA

View Full Version : Coconut rasamali - delicous

Shridhar Bhatt
04-02-2011, 02:12 AM
Cocnut Rasamali

Rasmalai has always been one of the favorite desserts. However, looking at the cumbersome procedure and the little time in hand, it is difficult to perfect it at home!

So, here is my much simpler and unique version of Rasmalai that will surely lure your guests!!

And it takes only 20 minutes to make!

Ingredients
Dry Coconut Flakes 2 cups
Dry milk powder 1/2 cup
Powdered Sugar 1.5 cups
Powdered Green cardamom seeds 1/2 tbsp
Yellow food color 4 drops
Saffron Strands 5-6
Milk 4 cups
Condensed milk 1/2 can
Mixed Nuts - Almonds, Cashews, Pistacio 1/2 cup
Water 2 cups

Procedure

Grind the coconut flakes to make a fine powder. Keep aside.
Dissolve 1.5 cup of sugar in 2 cups water and let it boil.
Add 1/4 tsp of Cardamom seeds to the boiling water along with 2 drops of yellow food color and 2-3 strands of saffron. Let it boil to form a thin syrup.

Now dissolve the ground coconut powder along with the milk powder in the water, stirring constantly to avoid any lumps. Turn off the heat and mix well. You should have a dough-like consistency now.

Form 15 small round balls from this mix and flatten them to form small discs. Keep it in the refrigerator.

For the syrup, boil 4 cups of milk in a pan and add the remaining cardamom seeds, saffron strands and 2 drops of yellow color. Add the condensed milk and stir constantly.

Now mix in the nuts and stir constantly at low heat to thicken the milk.
Pour the milk on to the already made Rasmalai discs and refrigerate for an hour before serving!

Shridhar Bhatt

aarvearr
04-02-2011, 03:24 AM
Thanks for this delecious item. Let me try this holiday
Rukmani

redind
04-03-2011, 11:09 AM
Sridharji,
Sounds very interesting and sure will taste delicious.Love sweets but too lazy to make. let me see if I can bring myself to make it.
thanks a ton.
regards,
redind.

Shridhar Bhatt
04-03-2011, 11:51 AM
Redind Madam
Waiting for the second dish (after Holige)..........Shridhar Bhatt

redind
04-04-2011, 11:37 AM
Sridharji,
Sure, please advise when and where the next meeting of minds is going to take place.The sweets will definitely reach you at the venue.
regards,
redind.

Shridhar Bhatt
04-04-2011, 12:47 PM
Now only thru Telepathy...........Shridhar Bhatt