PDA

View Full Version : 10 tips to improve Financial situation

anitam
12-11-2003, 08:47 PM
Topic Courtesy: www.Savingsecrets.com

Topic Author: Gregory Thomas

Topic: 10 tips to improve Financial situation

Here are ten tips you can use to help improve your financial personal financial situation and inevitably save more money:

1. Pay Yourself Weekly

On a weekly basis, pay yourself $25-$50 and immediately put it in a safe place. You can even open a special savings account where this weekly "payday" can by placed to help minimize or eliminate impulsive spending.

2. Don't Shop

Start using the "Need or Want" strategy. Before you spend a single dollar on anything, ask yourself, "Do I really NEED this item, or do I just WANT it??"

3. Use Your Bank's Own ATMs

Some banks will charge you money for using other ATM machines. Even though you will be able to withdraw money using your ATM/debit card from literally any machine, banks will charge you $2 (generally) for using a machine other than theirs. Try and stick with your own bank's ATMs whenever possible.

4. Track Your Spending

Take the time to track your spending habits for one week. This will allow you to refine your spending habits to essentially save more money.

5. Lower Credit Card Balances

Pay off those pesky credit cards as soon as possible because you are losing up to 19% of the total.

6. Use Your Debit Card Instead of Credit Cards

Get in the habit of using your debit card instead of your credit cards.

7. Changing Jobs? Roll-Over that 401(k)

When people change jobs/careers they will be faced with a decision to either "rollover" their 401k (retirement plan) or to withdraw it. Even though you may want the money now, resist the temptation and roll it over. It will be well worth it in the long run.

8. Avoid Getting Too Many Credit Cards

It's just going to provide you with more opportunities to go further into debt. It's fine to keep 1-3 cards to build credit, establish yourself, and for emergencies.

9. Check Your Credit Score/Report

It's important to know where you currently stand as a consumer and since your credit report is the most important historical list of your financial past and present, it's a very good idea to check it from time to time.

10. Finally: Review - Revise - Retry

Take the time to REVIEW your progress. Check and see where it may be possible to REVISE some of your techniques or where you can implement new ones. Once you have revised your plan, RETRY to see if your results improve.

sri_gan
12-11-2003, 08:53 PM
:lol: MSN le irrunthu Copy and Paste a?

Please add the courtesy from Anitam, thats procedural.

anitam
12-11-2003, 08:57 PM

illa..Courtesy : www.Savingsecrets.com

sri_gan
12-11-2003, 09:09 PM

illa..Courtesy : www.Savingsecrets.com

Appadina athaiyum pottu, article oda author 'um podanum. I will edit the post this time... Nenga next time irrunth follow pannikonga...

anitam
12-11-2003, 09:24 PM
hey man i'm fed up of u.. y can't u go and do some thing useful...

hereafter i make sure that i'll not post any thing in this site..

a total waste.. always discouraging others..

Thanks anyway MR.Sri_gan.

sri_gan
12-11-2003, 09:32 PM

What?

See, The Purpose I told is not to discourage you first of all. Geetham should not get in trouble when you post someone else's private property.

You must first read the FAQ of the forum and follow the same.

It is my responsibility to monitor the content's posted are safe for the Users as well the Geetham website itself.

And I edited the content since I noticed already it was published in different website example MSN.

madhu_aish1
12-11-2003, 10:13 PM

anitam . i dont see any discouraging factor here.. sri was pointing at the problems we might encounter in future just because we missed certain simple things..

It is a courtesy to give the website from which you got the information. i did the same mistake in my early days.. now i regret how stupid i was... :cry:

sri is sharing his precious time with us and doing a great job as mod...dont under estimate him just because he kids at times.. :D

BTW...why should we discourage an active member like you .. :D

endrum anbudan
madhu :b:

anitam
12-11-2003, 11:08 PM
Hi sri_gan sorry man i didn't see such factors.. like safety..
I shared things.. i read..

I was just irritated by ur comments......
No hard feelings..

vennai1
12-11-2003, 11:11 PM
I know there is copyright violations and other problems if we duplicate

material from other websites...

But again, IMHO, a long as it is not done for monetary/materialistic gains...

I dont think anybody will sue us for that ! :b:

madhu_aish1
12-11-2003, 11:13 PM

Gauravam Vennai what is IMHO... :think: :think:

Madhu.. :Ksp:

vennai1
12-11-2003, 11:21 PM
Gauravam Vennai

what is this pudusaa ?? :evil: :evil:

madhu_aish1
12-11-2003, 11:26 PM
Gauravam Vennai

what is this pudusaa ?? :evil: :evil:

brother keta kelvi-ku bathil sollaaa

Madhu :evil: :evil:

vasan
12-11-2003, 11:32 PM
In my humble opinion, Lawyer sir, probably meant

IN MY HUMBLE OPINION (IMHO)

Enna Gauravam Super? Naan sonnadhu sariya...

madhu_aish1
12-11-2003, 11:36 PM
In my humble opinion, Lawyer sir, probably meant

IN MY HUMBLE OPINION (IMHO)

Enna Gauravam Super? Naan sonnadhu sariya...

danks smelly man.... :D

Gauravam vennai ..acronym than use pannuvingala..... unaku SK jasthi.. :ee: :ee:

Madhu

vennai1
12-11-2003, 11:39 PM
smelly thanks for teaching the 15 yr kid :lol:

Gauravam vennai

but what is this ... ??? :evil:

dont compare me with that OA Shivaji... :nono: :evil:

sri_gan
12-11-2003, 11:45 PM

Vennai,

It is not only about monetary gains, its about a author's thoughts and the time he spend on creating that document, when we like some stuffs from them, the first intention we have is to respect the person's creativity unda illaya?

Say for eample, if the original author sees the content in here through some search or something, if he find the word courtesy, I'm sure he feels much better then it was not mentioned, like if his work was recognized avlothan.

Well we have these thoughts inside us, it nothing wrong in showing it out.

Anitam,

Please don't apologize, I did my job, I never credited or debited myself into this work because it is purely voluntary, I learnt that out of experience, well it is one more.

Thanks for point something out about my comments, I will try to improve my way of comments.

vennai1
12-11-2003, 11:49 PM
Vennai,

It is not only about monetary gains, its about a author's thoughts and the time he spend on creating that document, when we like some stuffs from them, the first intention we have is to respect the person's creativity unda illaya?

Say for eample, if the original author sees the content in here through some search or something, if he find the word courtesy, I'm sure he feels much better then it was not mentioned, like if his work was recognized avlothan.

Well we have these thoughts inside us, it nothing wrong in showing it out.

viru.. i totally second you on that ! We must all appreciate original work ! :b:

Ofcourse it would be super to always have a habit of including Acknowlegements...

But all I was pointing out was the practicality and legality behind it !

Shy
12-11-2003, 11:51 PM
Eppo OA'na enna..

Unga new name - vaettu(cut) vennai.. yaetharkku yaeduthaalum words'a cut pannureenga ellai.. athaan

Shy

vennai1
12-11-2003, 11:59 PM
Eppo OA'na enna..

Unga new name - vaettu(cut) vennai.. yaetharkku yaeduthaalum words'a cut pannureenga ellai.. athaan

Shy

Jsi.. OA means OverActing... aiyoooooo... yen ippadi imsai pannura... ?? :(

these are common abbreviations...

OT : ... engaiyo paditha nyabagam ... how come 'Abbreviation' is a long word ??!! :think:

vasan
12-12-2003, 12:00 AM
OA nna Old Actor or Old Age.. Vennai is kutti-paappa :lol: .. he wants to be compared with only Super Star not nadigar thilagam.. :lol: :lol:

I really hate TLA or AAs for that matter...

Cryptically,

VSN

Yaarum ketkaathadhukku munnave..

TLA = Three Letter Acronym
AA = Any Acronym
VSN = Vasan !!! :lol:

vennai1
12-12-2003, 12:14 AM
smelly... you hate TLAs??? :evil:

I guess it's hard to survive in the kempooter world without knowing atleast

the common TLAs !! :)

vasan
12-12-2003, 12:37 AM
smelly... you hate TLAs??? :evil:

I guess it's hard to survive in the kempooter world without knowing atleast
the common TLAs !! :)

Figurative-ah vilattu sonnen -da SMV!!

By the way, isn't kempooter world without knowing atleast
the common TLAs a good reason to hate TLA's?? Over use panni veruppethiduvaanga.. Worse problem if in my field people use lot them too, and often depending on who you are talking to the same TLAs will have much different meanings...

Nalla comedya irrukkum appo appo... :D

VSN

sri_gan
12-12-2003, 12:44 AM
Figurative-ah vilattu sonnen -da SMV!!

By the way, isn't kempooter world without knowing atleast
the common TLAs a good reason to hate TLA's?? Over use panni veruppethiduvaanga.. Worse problem if in my field people use lot them too, and often depending on who you are talking to the same TLAs will have much different meanings...

Nalla comedya irrukkum appo appo... :D

VSN

I've used these TLVs in schools basically badwords anna nalla words mari irrukum ... ul artham oru code gang mattum puriyum... SMV kku... munn anubhavam neriya pola....*interesting*

vennai1
12-12-2003, 12:48 AM
I've used these TLVs in schools basically badwords anna nalla words mari irrukum ... ul artham oru code gang mattum puriyum... SMV kku... munn anubhavam neriya pola....*interesting

dei viru... wow... i was about to say that...

yes.. we all used to do that in school and college...

abbreviations elaam pudusu pudusaa enga gang kullaa mattum

start pannuvom... appurom public-a solluvom... nobody will underwear...

che...sema jolly athelaam... :) :)