PDA

View Full Version : Curry(கூட்டு, பொரியல்):Palak Paneer (North Indian Dish)

anitam
12-12-2003, 09:16 PM
Assured for Trying - நீங்கள் இதை முயற்சி செய்யலாம்.

PALAK PANEER

Ingridents:
------------
Spinch - 1bunch
Onions -1
Tomatoes -1
Paneer - 1 pack
Green chillies - 4
Cloves -2
Cinnamon sticks -1
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 Tsp
oil - 3 tsp
Turmeric - 1 pinch
Sugar - 1 pinch
Cream - 1/2 cup
Salt

Method :

Cook chopped spinach, sugar with a cup of water . When spinach becomes soft put down the flame and let cool. Remove the excess liquid from the pot and keep aside. Blend spinach into a semi-soft paste and then mix with the liquid kept aside. In a pan, heat oil, add cinnamon, cloves, garlic ginger and fry for two minutes on medium heat. Then add sliced green chilis and finely chopped onion and fry until chopped onion turns light brown. Then add chopped tomato and fry for 3 minutes. Later add spinach and cook on medium heat for 12-15 minutes.

Now add paneer pieces, cream and cook until the sauce thickens slightly. Serve it hot[/color]

vasan
12-12-2003, 09:23 PM
Hello anitam..

I've got a few questions for you..

Do we need to fry Panneer pieces before we put them in spinach? Can I use Tofu instead of Panneer?

What cream are we talking about? Sour cream? I have never used cream in cooking so, I would be grateful if you could advice..

Do I have to cook spinach with sugar? Can I cook with out sugar?

Thanks! I like palak panneer very much.. so thanks for sharing..

anitam
12-12-2003, 09:31 PM
Hello anitam..

Do we need to fry Panneer pieces before we put them in spinach? Can I use Tofu instead of Panneer?

What cream are we talking about? Sour cream? I have never used cream in cooking so, I would be grateful if you could advice..

Do I have to cook spinach with sugar? Can I cook with out sugar?

Thanks! I like palak panneer very much.. so thanks for sharing..

Yes u have to fry the paneer cubes in oil and add.
THanks for asking this.

Yes u can add Tofu to spinach.. fry tofu cubes and then add.

Its fresh cream available in the market.. not sour cream.

Yes u can cook spinach without sugar.. Its optional.
Adding sugar gives sweet and sour taste... U can modify it according to ur taste.