PDA

View Full Version : Giant Story Thread - FAQ Section

sri_gan
12-25-2003, 04:49 PM
Hi Everyone-

Merry Christmas And Happy New year 2004.

Of the arts in the world, story is another art which will be loved by the children. So here is a dedication.

I'm thinking like a giant story thread with geetham.

The purpose of this is, everyone does have a good way of telling stories, whether its real or a lie.

So i'm trying to invoke the creative part within our family... Now to the concept.

Concept and Direction (Rules):

1. It is very similar to pattukku paatu/ Anthakshari but with a little difference.

2. One should start the story with a situation and everyone should make the story continue with the situation created and continued.

3. Each participant must write atleast 5 lines when they continue the story.

4. Do not post the comments in story thread, it will be removed. Use this thread for commenting.

5. You are allowed the change the direction of the story in the way you like, but please make sure it has the follow up on the post before yours and make sure others can continue from where you left.

6. If you are introducing a new character names please make sure you update here.

7. Guess what after some time, when you start reading the thread you wil be amazed for yourself.

This thread is open for a discussion and comments, If you have any doubts or anything ask us...

truepenny
12-25-2003, 11:18 PM
very interesting idea.

Also pls make it a point that each participant must write atleast 3 or 4 lines. otherwise just one line may not bring out the originality in each person and the story might crawl.

just my 2 cents.

sri_gan
12-25-2003, 11:31 PM
Yes. I thought about that also. I will edit the main post, how about 5 lines.

Shy
12-26-2003, 12:13 AM
great idea Sri...

Sari appo yaar start panraanga story'a???

How abt u , director of geetham ;)

Shy

sri_gan
12-26-2003, 03:39 AM
Shy,

This is the discussion session, true penny oru idea koduthanga.. Why don't we start on 1st of January 2004?

New year day anniki story start panniralam.

What is the idea you guys have in mind for story?

Like current trends or historic fiction or comic types...

Gives us suggestion, I have no problem in starting the thread, Hope you guys like the date i chosen.

anitam
12-26-2003, 03:56 AM
sri waiting for the story....

i like comic types....

idea kedakklana.....
oru oorla oru raja iruntharu...

truepenny
12-26-2003, 08:03 AM
Thanks for considering my suggestion, sri_gan. sure 5 lines is good!. And I guess it can be more than 5 lines also...right?

And if we dont reconfine the story to be of any sort ..like .. comic/fiction etc, it would be very nice. because the story can take any direction according to the author. nalla kathambam kidaikkumae!!!

There cant be any other perfect date for the story commencement than Jan 1st. Excellent!
Pillayar suzhi neenga podunga!

sri_gan
12-26-2003, 03:47 PM
Ok.. The Giant story thread will commence on 1st of January 2004 and I will open the story thread on the date..

Anitam: Don't worry we will be having all part of things into the story.... thats why i'm inviting evryone in the family...guess what it can take all kind of forms..

Ethuvum illaina..i have the following things..

:lol:

Oru orula oru patti vadai suttu kittu irrunthuchu..

Appuram like you said...

oru orula oru raja irruntharu...

Important thing, Story can be more than 5 lines, the minimum requirment is 5 lines.

vennai1
12-27-2003, 10:46 PM
Sri ...wonderpul effort ! My wishes ! :b: :b: :clap:

butterfly
12-28-2003, 06:40 PM
sri,
is this real stories or just doop stories :think: ....& is this story created by the writer or can post meaningfull stories one reads?

vasan
12-28-2003, 10:43 PM
This is some sort of 'thodar-kadhai' butterfly -except that the continuation is done by another stranger (or a member). These are not short stories - or stories created by one individual.

Each person takes the narrative from the previous post and goes with it a little further down. Add an incident, create a short scene in the whole play... :) Manasilaayo? Artham Aayundha? OKvaa?

:) :)

sri_gan
12-29-2003, 03:29 AM
Butterfly,

Nenga doop vidurathu nallum vidalam.. ellarum kalathukka oru chance... No one will end the story they will keep on continuing... like vasan said in the second para of his post.

Vennai, nengallum vanthu neriya kathai sollanum...

Vasan, Stranger ellam inga kathai solla mudiyathu 'cause Guest posting is disabled so only members of geetham family ....

Shy
12-29-2003, 04:29 PM
Great effort sri.. Sure Jan 1st is ok for me.

It will be great if its more to serious stuff(triangle love, family problems, ragging, fictions, historic events etc etc) than just comedy.. I mean.. sure we can have comedy in between.. but serious thoughts irukanum in the story.. appo thaan more contributions irukkum i guess.. my opinion thou..

Shy

sri_gan
12-29-2003, 04:32 PM
Shy,

Offcourse Ellame irrukum... Thats why it is open for the all the members... avanga avanga mood poruthu kuda kathai ezhuthalam.... but it should be with the boundary and limits of the the forum guidelines for sure.

vasan
12-29-2003, 08:09 PM
Just a quick note Sri...

As a moderator you will have lot more work on this topic... Because, its quite possible that while one person is typing out a continuation (from some 'xyz' post) some one else might post that continuation.. So maintaining the continuity is going to be a challenge (since there will be two posts as a reply for one original thread.. )

Any how, its worth the try.. I am all eager... (Are kissing scenes :sm11: , 'kalidhasan style' romance allowed :lol: ?? What sort of MPAA rating should we allow... :wink: :wink: ... PAKIPs (people-against-kissing-in-public), please have patience... Vasan will write only kissing the mother earth or some-torn-black-and-white-photographs... because it would be a 'love-failure', the only thing he can contribute from experience... :lol: :lol: :lol: )

all ready, willing and eager, for the New Year !!

sri_gan
12-29-2003, 08:16 PM
Vasan,

Right now we don't have a facility that some one is already started replying or something... in case of such occurences, one can follow the latest which wa savailable to them...

Later, I will decide the most suitable fit ... only when there was two stories continued by same situation.

I think this is a fair decision. We might think of interesting thing out of this too, I have other interesting ideas....

I already prepared the story line to start...

Lets think about name of the story name.... Ellarum idea kodunga...

Then I will create a poll in here...

Shy
12-29-2003, 08:18 PM
Good point vasan... aamaa ellai sri what will u do then?

Vasan.. PKIP(people-kissing-in-public) mathiri scenes post pannuneengaloo, Naan angae irukara oru PAKIP(person-against-kissing-in-public) vanthu PKIP'a udhaykara mathiri scene post pannuvaenae ;).. pootha kuraikku butterfly, anainar, vedha ellarum irukaanga help pana ...:)

Shy

sri_gan
12-29-2003, 08:22 PM
Shy,

I responded for what Vasan brought up, I think it is under control.... eventually there should be some possible coding thing which could help this streamed...;)

vasan
12-29-2003, 08:26 PM
Good point vasan... aamaa ellai sri what will u do then?

Vasan.. PKIP(people-kissing-in-public) mathiri scenes post pannuneengaloo, Naan angae irukara oru PAKIP(person-against-kissing-in-public) vanthu PKIP'a udhaykara mathiri scene post pannuvaenae ;).. pootha kuraikku butterfly, anainar, vedha ellarum irukaanga help pana ...:)

Shy

Yennenga Shy... Idhu niyaayama padauthaa ungallukke?? I am describing a scene 'full-of-love' and you are describing one of 'violence' :lol: :lol: :lol: John Lennon sonna maathiri.. love not war.. !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Aaamam, MPAA ratings will give you a R rating also for violence (against-innocent-people-kissing-in-public)... especially if its going to be a 'mob' (what else can you call a whole group of people against two people kissing !! :lol:) ...

Anyways... Thodar kadhainnu konja neram marandhutten... Yosiththu, post panna vendiyadhudhaan... Thanks for the tips ~!!

sri_gan
12-29-2003, 08:50 PM
Vasan,

:lol: Don't worry, already she posted about beating a non studying student with Shoes, I think we definetely need to watch out ...

truepenny
12-29-2003, 11:27 PM
Okay... kadhaikku title... epadi irukkanum?

my 2 cents:

- Vidiyalai thedum Vittilgal

- Kadhal Oorvalam

- Kana vanam (dream forest)

- Kanavu Thozhirchalai ( dream factory)

- Unakku Mattum (Exclusively for you...)

- Unakkaga... (For you...)

- Vasanthame Vaa

- Nilavum Pagalum

- Yekkam (longing...)

- Maranthanaiyo Manamae... (Have u forgotten...)

- Uyir urugum saththam

whatever topic we pick, my humble suggestion is...
it would be great if each participant keeps the topic in mind and take the story
to go along with the chosen title. ie..
to add meaning to the topic. :)

Let us all take this as a challenge & provide a great
story (sensible story) rather than take this as purely entertaining.

ofcourse we should take it light but what I mean is not to
make this story thread a dumb thread. :)

butterfly
12-29-2003, 11:41 PM
vasan wrote,

This is some sort of 'thodar-kadhai' butterfly -except that the continuation is done by another stranger (or a member). These are not short stories - or stories created by one individual.

manasil aye vasan...now me sogam :(...enn nu ketkareengala?

Because, its quite possible that while one person is typing out a continuation (from some 'xyz' post) some one else might post that continuation..

remember in paatu section both of us posted same time...I cudnt delete mine & got thittu :cry: :cry:

eventually there should be some possible coding thing which could help this streamed.

hopefully there wud be a way to avoid it...until then kootathile vandhu vedikai parkiren as in paatu section :)....but my poosanika will be always ready for shy if she needs to use it ;)

vasan
12-30-2003, 12:01 AM
manasil aye vasan...now me sogam :(...enn nu ketkareengala?
remember in paatu section both of us posted same time...I cudnt delete mine & got thittu :cry: :cry:

eventually there should be some possible coding thing which could help this streamed.

hopefully there wud be a way to avoid it...until then kootathile vandhu vedikai parkiren as in paatu section :)....but my poosanika will be always ready for shy if she needs to use it ;)

aiyooo... ippadi ellam பின்வாங்கி னா eppadi?? Neenga post pannunga... yedhavadhu aachunaa adhai appurammaa paarthukalaam... Do you know... the only reason we both post at the same time in paattukku-paattu is because 'great people think alike (at the same time!) !!' :lol: :lol:

Kandippa post pannunga BFly.... We will sort things out eventually - to all peoples satisfaction. It would be nice to read what everyone posts - because in the world of stories we all have all sorts of powers to create a character - and what we create would share a bit of us... The only way I would know a bit of each of the people in the forum is to read what they write...

We all would like to get to know you better, BFly... :) (One of the best 'm's' in the forum, as Sri, (and me too) would say.. :), right? ), so, please neengalum yeludhunga... :)

looking forward to reading the stories and the first of jan... :D

sri_gan
12-30-2003, 01:25 AM
Butterfly,

I know what you mean, naan thitta vellam illai(really :( )... don't worry, ellarum kathai ezhuthunga.. i already gave a solution, eventually we can make everything workable ok va...

See true penny gave a lot of titles I will edit later this post with polling...

So I will have atleast 48 hrs for polling responses.

Innum title irruntha sollunga.. lets get it going....

sri_gan
12-30-2003, 03:43 AM
Even though I posted one of my own title, I liked the topic name "Kana Vanam (Dream Forest)" ,

1. This name suits the Giant Thread.

2. This name could take all possible factors in a story from B.C to A.D and to the future...

3. This can take all comedy to serious, because it mentions that in name itself, it is depthful.

Lets see the poll results on New Year's eve.... 48 hours... geetham rock on voting...

truepenny
12-30-2003, 05:57 AM
Kana Vanam - enakku piditchirukku. :)

sri_gan: thanks for considering the titles.

one miore suggestion:
please make it clear to geetham family that the comments should go into separate thread. story continuity-kaga.

sri_gan
12-30-2003, 11:55 AM
This is the FAQ and commenting thread.

The main story thread will only have the story, if some one post the comments, I might need to split it to here.

I will mention that in here as well as in the story thread also.

Shy
12-30-2003, 05:37 PM
Dream forest..... mmm..

mm.. I am not story writer.. but this title can go in all directions.. neenga solara mathiri Bc'la aarmbichu future varaikkum poogum... neenga solrathai paartha.. raaja rani mathiri ellam kathai yaelanum poola irukae.. if so i think im better off with butterfly... willwatch u guys first..because i am not comfortable with that..I am ok with the story as the current flow.. like happening in reality now.. anyway thats me.. neenga pistu's ellam start pannunga.. when it comes to the current generation naan vanthu join panraen :)

Shy

sri_gan
12-30-2003, 05:56 PM
Shy,

Why are you backing up.... come on....

See the story is in your hand... and geetham honours everyone to continue it...

Just read it through, you will get along without no problem.

Shy
12-30-2003, 06:41 PM
appo naan story eppadi vaenna change panalaama?

Shy

sri_gan
12-30-2003, 07:51 PM
appo naan story eppadi vaenna change panalaama?

Shy

Change pannunga koncham logic oda change pannunga and make sure others can continue also....

Kandippa continuity irrukanum.....keep that in mind, athu pothum.

I will mention this in the First post....

Shy
12-30-2003, 07:52 PM
Why is there 2 dream factory polls?

Shy

vasan
12-30-2003, 07:55 PM
Why is there 2 dream factory polls?

Shy

Shy... Antha facotry-la mass-produce pannuvaanga.. :lol: :lol: Adhanaala thaan rendu tharam... :)

Yo, Sri.. Both the titles conjure the same kind of emotional response, and looks as though my story (or my part of the story) is not going to change a bit.. so either of them are ok, and I have not picked anythign...

Jan 1st, seeekirama vaaa... 'Paaatti Vadai Sutta Kadhai'-ya sollanum yenga Geetham friends-ku... :D :D

Shy
12-30-2003, 08:09 PM
Hey guys.. one can be poetic title like Dream forest.. other option could have been any of these..

Unakku Mattum (Exclusively for you...)

Unakkaga... (For you...)

Yekkam (longing...)

Kadhal Oorvalam

Like a reality drama or something like that.....

As vasan pointed out, both the items in the poll will have the same output from me

Shy

sri_gan
12-30-2003, 09:54 PM
Hey guys.. one can be poetic title like Dream forest.. other option could have been any of these..

Unakku Mattum (Exclusively for you...)

Unakkaga... (For you...)

Yekkam (longing...)

Kadhal Oorvalam
Like a reality drama or something like that.....

As vasan pointed out, both the items in the poll will have the same output from me

Shy

All the above were pointing at Love in all the ways... Nalla :think: pannithan Giant story threadkku name select panninen. I want to have multi feeling story not just a regular love story...

Simple, Story is beyond Love.

The reason why I chosed dream is because it has not boundaries... no limits.. Appuram specifica forest say it is dense...and it has no definite paths which helps the geetham member to know it can take wild turns anytime.

We got enough love stories all over India, Lets make some difference.

vasan
12-30-2003, 09:58 PM
We got enough love stories all over India, Lets make some difference.

nee yenna venunnunaalum sollikkoda... Namakku thozhil, kavithai, namakku therindha ore kadhai kaadhal thaan.. :lol: :lol:

My part will have only loooove.... :) Kadhal, kadhal, kadhal.... Sri - nee yennoda part edit panniye rendu kannadi :00: :00: poda pora...

Looooooooooovvvvvvveeeeeeeeeee e ROCKS!!

sri_gan
12-30-2003, 10:02 PM
Athelam Seri Vasan,

Nee Kathal Kathal Kathal, illayel Sathal Sathal Sathal nu suthure... nalla suthu...

Ennoda part le navarasamum kalanthu irrukkum....;)

Millakai(Chilli), Milakku(Black pepper) ithu pondra kara saramana amaipugalum ennathu padaipil irrukum....

truepenny
12-30-2003, 11:29 PM
I agree with sri. Kana vanam has many dimensions.
Even I am bored of just love stories. Namma kana vanathula
ellam kalanthu vantha nalla irukkum.

Life has so many things beyond love. yatharthamana vazhkai-yai prathibalikara
mathiri iruntha romba nalla irukkum. Lets see how it takes it turns with geetham family
authors. :)

Again, Kana vanam-ke en vote.

Sri, why many havent voted yet...

May be if u create a separate thread/poll for the title, it
might catch more eye balls... :)

sri_gan
12-31-2003, 12:09 AM
Its alright True Penny, See my Signature... Thats flashing everywhere I post the message and it is in Global announcement...

Appuram neriya per holiday moodle irrukanga...

Start pannitta appuram ellam vanthu sernthiruvanga... Neriya topics ippadi nadanthu irrukku.. naam 6face vanthitan innum kalai kattum...

Ellarukkum exam athu ithu nu irrukanaga....Let them be busy now and relax in here later.

See the number of views....

truepenny
12-31-2003, 12:38 AM
oh yeah. U r correct. Happy New Year to U too. :)

Happy New year geetham Family!

sri_gan
12-31-2003, 07:27 PM
Title is:

Kana Vanam (Dream Forest)

Copy of Concept and Direction (Rules):

1. It is very similar to pattukku paatu/ Anthakshari but with a little difference.

2. One should start the story with a situation and everyone should make the story continue with the situation created and continued.

3. Each participant must write atleast 5 lines when they continue the story.

4. Do not post the comments in story thread, it will be removed. Use this thread for commenting.

5. You are allowed the change the direction of the story in the way you like, but please make sure it has the follow up on the post before yours and make sure others can continue from where you left.

6. Guess what after some time, when you start reading the thread you wil be amazed for yourself.

butterfly
01-03-2004, 05:44 PM
Dream forest....nice name :)....was reading the stories written...its amazing to see different ppl continuing the story....shy neengalum join panungo...I will join in too...I needed to see the flow & where & how it was heading...so its seems good...hats off to the ppl who have already started :)

vasan
01-03-2004, 08:13 PM
Romba wait pannatheenga, BFly... Each person anyways contributes to only a short section... Just plunge right in.. The more people contributing the more fun-exciting-great the story line will be.....:) Shy.. Ungalukkum thaan... Go right ahead and write something... :)

Kadhaiyila, mother-in-law/daughter-in-law 'love-hate-relationship' angle irrukumaa?? :lol: Illai, neriya kutties vandhu kurumbu thanaam pannuvadhu mattum thaan-ah? :D I am trying to guess whats it gonna be.. :think: :D

vriyer
01-07-2004, 07:53 PM
hello.. ennappa inga sarcha ??

butterfly
01-08-2004, 12:01 AM
vriyer wrote,

enna solreengo?...or enna ketkareengo??

vasan
01-08-2004, 01:15 AM
vriyer wrote,

enna solreengo?...or enna ketkareengo??

Adhu thaane... what are you saying vriyer?

but, Butterfly.. whatever happened to your posting on the 'thodar-kadhai'? Seekiram podungO... adhai vachu thaane naan thodarndhu eludhamudiyumm....

please.. marandhudaatheengO !

Thanks!

Vasan

ps: Chinna Thambi style-la eludhi eludhi, ella vaarthaikkum kadaiseeyil O poda vendi irrukku... :)

butterfly
01-08-2004, 03:07 AM
vasan,
kadhai ippo audit sectionle nikuthu....neengo adhu veetu pakam or family pakam kondu vango ...will add to it...have no clue about audits & company stuff :(....so still waiting for my turn :)

sri_gan
01-08-2004, 03:10 AM
Butterfly,

Ungalukku theriyatti enna karkiye kettu type panni vidunga... *idea nalla irruka* :D

butterfly
01-09-2004, 12:03 AM
sri wrote,

Butterfly,

Ungalukku theriyatti enna karkiye kettu type panni vidunga... *idea nalla irruka*

No sri...he his capable of typing his own ideas...so he can do it when he decides :)

sri_gan
01-09-2004, 01:42 AM
No sri...he his capable of typing his own ideas...so he can do it when he decides :D

I respect that feeling Karkikku enathu vanakangalai kooravum.

:sm03: :sm03::sm03::sm03: :sm03::sm03:

truepenny
01-11-2004, 09:07 PM
IPPADI KANA VANAM - KAANAA VANAM AGIDUTCHAE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! i MEAN.. கனா வனம் - காணா வனம்

WHY NO TAKERS?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sri_gan
01-11-2004, 10:11 PM
True Penny,

Murachi udiyaar igalchi adaiyar.

Reasons could be one of this.

1. Some people didn't liked my initiative and they think they are pulling my legs, which is not.

2. It is example to see, how one speaks and one who does.

3. Personally, Avanga avangalukku thonnanum, oruthanga poi kuthi kitte irruka mudiyathu ezhuthu ezhuthunu.

:lol: Ithukku appuram avanga ishtam, they are also human beings rite, nenga kekuratha partha vera yaaro mari thoonuthu athan...

"Kaanaa vanam" nu innoru topic sollirukenga... athula enn creativity use pannava???

May be I should often write scripts about some topics an their repeative nature....how I perceive that rather than what the original person was thinking... innum nalla irrukum le?

"Kaanaa Vanam" vanthu invisible matter, simply sonna, athavathu candid camera mari nu vachikongalen.

illai avangalukke puriyatha mari avangala kindal adikava, ithula naan specialist. I didn't use it for a reason, athaiyum ippa use panna vachiruvanga pola irruku.

Vennumna sollunga true penny, vitha vithama padam puduchu kattiruvom.

Ithukellam varutha patta eppadi, just relax.

:lol: Thirudan nu oru periya story writer, avaroda sathathiye kanum enga kadalai varuthu kittu irrukarunu theriyalai.... Adangu adangu nu solli avare adangittar pola irrukku... enna thiruda appadiya sangathi....

Straight forward a solla ponna, Nalla muyarchi edukka vendiyathu ovoruthar kadamai, athai ooku vikirathum ovoruthar kadamai, Did you see my signature, this topic is one of the reasons started that topic...

Oru chinnai visheythai seiya mudiyathavanga nallaiki sollarathai ellam eppadi seivanganu namba mudiyum, May be I should reduce myself and this is not the good place for me to hang out anymore. Instead of a community center it may have become a certain people center.

Pakalam.

Horizon2004
01-15-2004, 04:56 AM
Could any one lead to the story link? I think story telling abrupted?

bel
01-15-2004, 06:14 AM
guys, great effort.
but dont start naming the child even before its born..
start the ground work for the story then we will name it.
any taker yet for starting it?

truepenny
01-15-2004, 07:08 AM
guys, great effort.
but dont start naming the child even before its born..
start the ground work for the story then we will name it.
any taker yet for starting it?

bel:
child-ku kathu kuthi, mottayae pottachu! neenga ena poyiteenga?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sari... enna ground work?!

check out topic: kana vanam.
http://www.geetham.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5331

truepenny
01-16-2004, 01:34 AM
nalla ezhuthi irukkeenga sri-gan. :) excellent. innum ezhuthunga. naan samayam parthu ullae varen. :)

sri_gan
01-16-2004, 01:35 PM
true penny,

Thanks for the support. Ellarukkum chance kodukka vendiyathan athukaga namma summa irruka mudiyathula... Kalai kattum antha story parunga.

Take your time and put yourself when you best fit into the story.

truepenny
01-29-2004, 12:39 AM
kathai rombe thoonguthunga!!!!!!!!!!
seekiram oru turning point kudungalaen. ennakku onnum thonalai. athan etti ninnu vedikai parkiren. :|

p_arunsrinivasan
01-31-2004, 02:33 AM
Sri_gan,

very good concept... ore oru chinnooondu request.. oru dead line fix pannungaaa.. ennakku idha first time paarkkum poothu Thina Thandhi "Kanni theevu" thaan gyabagam varuthu...

truepenny,

kana vaanam la appa appa dry days irukkum... adhu pola thaan.. koodi seikkaram ellam correct aa vandirum....

Cheers,
Arun.P.

sri_gan
01-31-2004, 02:41 AM
kathai rombe thoonguthunga!!!!!!!!!!
seekiram oru turning point kudungalaen. ennakku onnum thonalai. athan etti ninnu vedikai parkiren. :|

I know the reason why you are look from long distance... enna seiyaa :D

I was busy with 2 or 3 things....right now...Koodiya viravil naanum jothila aikiyam avanen...

One more thing... there are lot of user now participating on that...which shows it works.

Poga poga parunga.. it will work...

Arun, I want it to be an infinite thread...athunala than appadi vittu irruken... Oru 10 days kalichu vanthu parunga oru matram irrukum ... athan enn thevai...

suha
01-31-2004, 02:59 AM
acho cho stroy yeludrien soli onumei kanum :doh: naawait panitei irrukkien :sm12:

sri_gan
01-31-2004, 03:08 AM
acho cho stroy yeludrien soli onumei kanum :doh: naawait panitei irrukkien :sm12:

:sm12::sm12::sm12::sm12::sm12: :sm12:

Olunga parunga....

:sm12::sm12::sm12::sm12::sm12: :sm12:

p_arunsrinivasan
01-31-2004, 04:00 AM
sri_gan,

i am able to understand what u r trying to tell... but when u keep it for infinite time.. ppl cannot read the entire story behind and give a twist... imagine the same case with me... i thought of participating only b'coz there were around 30 posts... if in case there were 300 posts??????/

Also, by putting a time period, enthusiasm increases to bring the story end, the way the individual wanted which increases a healthy competition.....

i am just giving a suggestion... think pannum poothu.... yes... both has advantages... i am just telling my view....

Cheers,
Arun.P.

seny
02-05-2004, 09:20 AM
Arun,
Giant story threadnu first decide pani start panni irukuanga... so it should be gigantic in size.. neenga solurathum correct than ippa 300 post iruntha yaru utkandhu full story padichi athukku appuram kadaila interest eduthu contribute panurathu.. but na enna ninaikuraena, intha story ippadiyae porathu than bestunu...

venumna Sri we can do something.. once in few months oru story thread arambikalam.. so puthusa eluthanumnu ninaikuravunga athunla contribute pannalam.. athanala na puthusa vanthu existing story threadla elutha vendamnu sollala.. en na nanae puthusuthan.. but time frame vachi story move panna, athula irukum interest kuranchidum...

truepenny, kadaiyae ippa than arambichi iruku... athukulla turning point kudukanum na nama english padam mathiri kadai eluthanum.. nama ippa contribute panurathu oru mega serial mathiri illaiya..

enna sri correct thana.. ithu mega serial mathiri thana???

Seny

sri_gan
02-05-2004, 01:40 PM
seny,

Very thoughtful of you.

Yes like you said we can open a seperate thread for new comers.

First Let me explain what I had in mind when i opened the thread.

1. Short and Crisp nu solluvangale antha type le ezhutha arambichutta, poga poga atheye develop pannanum nu thoonum.

2. Siruthuli thane mazhayavum, vellamavum uruvedukuthu, athe mari than ithuvum.

Seny innoru visheyam true pennykku seriya sonnenga, vera etha forum leyum illatha freedom inga irruku... oru kathai thalaippu, athai thodarum urimai ellarukkum koduka pattu irruku.. innum solla ponna, intha kathai oda thalaippe avar than mun mozhintharu....

Ippo avare vera perum solluraru.

Megal serial type than nalla irrukum, neriya per kathai padikiranga, anna avanga manasule ninaikira situation varalai pola.

Varum nu nambuvom, varatti namakittaiya sarakku illai :yes:.

truepenny
02-06-2004, 07:20 AM
intha kathai oda thalaippe avar than mun mozhintharu....

Ippo avare vera perum solluraru.

adada... naan chumma ethugaai monai-ya kaana vanam-nu sonen, atha poi perusa eduthukiteengalae!

In fact I am very happy to see this story thread growing. Naan title suggest pannathunala, en kuzhandhai pola ithai feel panren. :) Yaarum continue pannalaiyaenu oru athangathula appadi sonen.

Ur right, sri gan. I am waiting for a situation. enakku unga pola day to day conversation azhagaa solla mudiyalai. :( so waiting... to give a good twist to the story. kathirunthu kathirunthu kalangal poguthu. :) Hopefully I will get the guts to jump into the vanam.

I am also thinking of something like a GLOSSARY for this mega story. U know, day by day, the characters increase and for a new comer it will be extremely hard to remember who is who.

so at regular intervals, if we update the glossary with the characters and their relations among one another, ... what do u think?!

and later, may be we can think of putting a 'ithu varai' i mean 'mun kathai surukkam'. :)

seny
02-06-2004, 08:39 AM
cha cha... na ungalai ethuvum thappa solala truepenny sri, ellarukkum irukum curiosity than ithu.. ana first nama ella characterskum oru chinna brief introduction avathu kuduka vendama.. yaar yaar eppadi patavanganu... athan kathai slowva poguthu... intha stage mudincha vudanae kadai fast agumnu na namburaen...

ungaludaiya glossary and mun kathai surukam nalla idea.. include panna kandippa first la irunthu follow panathavangalukku helpfula irukum... expecting to see it added shortly...

day to-day conversation alaga solla mudiyalaiya...??? yarunga inga professional story teller sollunga... na kidaiyathu.. ellarum avangulala mudincha alavukku contribute panna kana vanam romba beautifula irukum....

Seny

seny
02-06-2004, 01:52 PM
there has been a comment posted on the main story thread section.. moderators (i believe sri u r one responsible for this) kindly remove it...

Seny

sri_gan
02-06-2004, 02:07 PM
Seny,

I removed it yaar. Thanks for point it out. First post le avlo theliva adichu vachirruken... kathai mattum inga sollungappanu...

True Penny,

I will list out the character introduced so far in this thread by end of the day today.

Ok va.

jagat-jaala-killadi
02-06-2004, 08:00 PM
Guys,

Novel idea and great effort! I just read the story completely. Looks like its doing very good. The only thing is, Sri_gan started the story in the first-person mode (as if Arun is narrating the story) but i guess ppl continuing it didn't notice it. But, that's not a big deal, I guess.

Since Sri_gan picked the title and started the story too, I am sure he has got some idea of how this story should go. Bcos the title should be relevant to the story and vice-versa. So, whenever he thinks the story is going outta track, I request him to bring it back to the right track.

I will do the best to keep this story going. We will try to over-take the greatest (or one of the greatest) tamizh stories ever written -Ponniyin Selvan - length wise. Kalki and ponniyin selvan fans, kovichukatheenga, naan length-wise thaan over-take pannalaam nu sonne :D

Thanks,
JJK.

jagat-jaala-killadi
02-06-2004, 08:11 PM
Since, I just completed reading the story, it's fresh in my mind. I would like to help sri_gans by listing the characters in the story.

Sri_gans, If i left out any character or am wrong anywhere please correct me.

Arun - The hero of the story (marketing manager in a big company)
Hari - Arun's long time and close friend (Also works in the same company as a sales executive)
Madhu - Arun, Hari and Madhu are school mates. (Hari says he is in love with Madhu)
Smitha - Advertising manager in Arun's company.
Prasad - According to Hari, Prasad is also behind Madhu. (prasad works in the internal auditing department of the same company as Arun and Hari).
Ganesh - Colleague of Prasad.
Meena - Arun's sister.
Vellan - Arun's father.
Uma - Arun's mother.
Vishal - Online friend of Meena.

I think that's it. I would suggest if anybody introduces a new character, then this list can be updated with that character and posted again. Is that a good idea?

Thanks,
JJK.

sri_gan
02-06-2004, 08:40 PM
JJK,

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: :clap:

You rock. :yes: :yes:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: :clap:

I think that's it. I would suggest if anybody introduces a new character, then this list can be updated with that character and posted again. Is that a good idea?

This is very perfect Idea... Please book mark this place in your mind, if somebody has troubles send me a PM, I will help you out.

Lets rock the world with story.

truepenny
02-07-2004, 12:08 AM
JJK,

Excellent effort. also great idea.

let the character creators update the character index! neat and perfect. :)

Hope Kana vanam contributors abide by this gentlemen/gentlewomen agreement. :)

p_arunsrinivasan
02-07-2004, 12:15 AM
JJK,

neenga unmayileyee Jaga-jaala-killadi thaan.. kalakkiteengaa...

Sri_gan,

Rendu post la yum (FAQ & actual story la yum) New characters aa update pannanum nnum oru point eludirungaa...

Cheers,
Arun.P.

sri_gan
02-07-2004, 12:33 AM
Rendu post la yum (FAQ & actual story la yum) New characters aa update pannanum nnum oru point eludirungaa...

I will do that right away.

seny
02-09-2004, 02:19 PM
Sri,
namma jagat-jaala-killadi coffee shopla meet panni Hari vegama purapattu poranu mudichi irunthar.. neenga veetu la meet panna mathiri continue pani irukinga... koncham logicla udachathu.. athan.. anyway.. na appadiyae continue pannuraen...

Seny

sri_gan
02-09-2004, 02:23 PM
Seny,

I updated that, ippo sync ahuthanu parunga... Ethavathu mathanumna sollunga... will change it.

:yes:

truepenny
02-21-2004, 09:26 PM
Sri gan & Other Friends,

Story nalla poguthu. U guys are so talented. :D

Movie check panreno illaiyo, inga vantha, intha story thread check panren.

Anyway, I am goin on a vacation. Will miss this story.

It is great fun to watch this story grow. I shall get myself upto speed with the story once I return (big homework.) :D

Will miss u guys. Hope to see more turns here. Hope I have a good break though. :D

See u all.

sri_gan
02-21-2004, 09:32 PM
Truepenny,

Have a very good vacation and safe trip.

Kandippa vanthu nalla ezhuthunga...

sagi
03-07-2004, 06:37 AM
adadaa itha miss pannittame..... :(

sri_gan
03-08-2004, 10:08 PM
adadaa itha miss pannittame..... :(

Sagi,

This is a Giant Story FAQ thread.

Giant Story peru Kana Vanam, Fulla padichittu... you can update your own contribution also.

It is a never ending thread, Mega Serial kku Giants ithu than to develop the knowledge of story writing.

Any doubts ask us. Will guide you ok va :yes:

Side Track::

Nanga Vambu mattum illukka mattom, neriya creative works um pannuvom.

truepenny
05-13-2004, 09:31 PM
hi Sri gan!

I am back from vacation. kana vanam romba dense forest ayiditchu pola irukkae!
Enakku vazhiyae theriyalai. Full story padikka mudiyalai. Please 'kathai surukam' engiyavathu
podungalen. udambu valaiya matenguthu. :)

truepenny
05-13-2004, 09:32 PM
solla maranthuten. unga avatar - very nice. :)

(takunu parthathum madhu-aish -nu ninaichiten, though)

sri_gan
05-13-2004, 11:44 PM
hi Sri gan!

I am back from vacation. kana vanam romba dense forest ayiditchu pola irukkae!
Enakku vazhiyae theriyalai. Full story padikka mudiyalai. Please 'kathai surukam' engiyavathu
podungalen. udambu valaiya matenguthu. :)

Truepenny,

Welcome Back......

Neriya per ezhuthuranga, Unique and Seny gave a life... Story nalla interesting

Kathai Surukkam:

I think you know Arun, Hari, Madhu are mates from school... Hari Loves Madhu anna Ava kitta Solla thayakkam... Arun knows this... New Year function le moonu peru meet panna mudiyama porthala... they are planning to meet some other day... Hari gets the confidence to show his love to Madhu... but athukku munnadi Madhu kku already oru Fiance irrukan peru Ashwin.... Athai Madhu anniki sollura. Hari Manages to over come the situation... But the same day Ashwin and Madhu met with an accident when they are about to leave... Arun and Hari Admits both of them in Hospital Ashwin Koma stage le irrukar... Madhu kku chinna adi she escaped....

On the other Track Arun has a grreting card for some one....

Arun and Hari Explains this to Arun's Mom Appo Arun Amma Vivaram therinchum Mayakkam Aidiranga...

Innimel you can continue... :D

I hope you like the way the story takes its directions. Ensai!!

Once again Welcome Back!!!!

unique
05-14-2004, 12:53 AM
Welcome back Seny......waiting for someone to update.....appo thaan naan edhavadhu ezhudha mudiyum :wink: ......neenga start pannungo

truepenny
05-21-2004, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the kathai surukkam Sri gan.

Unique, U can ride now. :) I updated. Just picked up a loose end and stretched it a bit.

And whats the deal with that greeting card? pull it out. :)

sri_gan
05-23-2004, 01:44 PM
True penny: I did two things

1. Hospital le irrukurathu Ashwin, not vishal (Vishal is chat friend for Meena) athi mattum adit panniten

2. Madhu voda amma per Padma. so athiyum edit panniten

Here is the name list for reference

Old Names:

Hari - Arun's long time and close friend (Also works in the same company as a sales executive)
Madhu - Arun, Hari and Madhu are school mates. (Hari says he is in love with Madhu)
Prasad - According to Hari, Prasad is also behind Madhu. (prasad works in the internal auditing department of the same company as Arun and Hari).
Meena - Arun's sister.
Vellan - Arun's father.
Uma - Arun's mother.

Newly added Names

Ashwin - Madhu's Fiance who is in comma now.
Padma - Madhuvin Amma.

seny
05-23-2004, 06:31 PM
Thanks Sri_gan for editing the posts and updating the character's name list.. I was about to ask you to do it after reading thro the posted stories of late...

Seny

truepenny
05-23-2004, 09:38 PM
Thanks Srigan. OOPS I am sorry I got mixed up with the names. Very kind of u to correct it in time. illana, orae confusion than ponga. pavam editting - ku munnala paditchu kulambi pona appavigal. :}

I am guessing u editted both my recent postings. let me double check on that , else shall make the correction. :)

Also one suggestion, why not post the kathai surukkam and update it regularly like once a week/month so new writers can barge in right away?

If the kathai surukkam is given in the first page it would be real handy. just a suggestion. :)

ns80
05-15-2005, 01:50 AM
finally konjam porumaya varavazhachukittu inniku konjam ezhudhirukken. ellarum romba creative'a ezhudhirukkeenga. nariya ezhudhirukkeenga. andha level'ku ennaala think panna mudiyale. so konjam hospital episode'laye konjam izhuthutten. neenga enna kadhai pokku yosichirukkeenga'nu enakku theriyale. yaarachum continue pannunga. innoru interesting point'la naanum continue panren.

enakkum andha arun greeting card matter'a eppadi connect panradhu'nu theriyale :Ksp:

enakku innonu therinjaaganum, ellarum ore company'la dhaan irukkaangala :think: andha company'oda new year party'la dhaane Hari, Arun, Smitha ellarum meet panraanga :think:

sri_gan
05-15-2005, 02:16 AM
Ns,

Itho ungalukku short pich answer:

Meena - Arun's sister.
Vellan - Arun's father.
Uma - Arun's mother.

ns80
05-15-2005, 02:26 AM
thanks sri :sm03: that explains it all :D. it was an interesting experience reading through the entire story. it did take quite sometime to read and understand each charachter in the story. Arun character looks very interesting to me. The greeting card thing adds some spice to it :D.