PDA

View Full Version : A New Year letter to Mr Tendulkar

meenaram
01-01-2004, 12:06 PM
I almost cried after reading this letter. zero or 100 sachin will rule.

Dearest Sachin,

For a batsman with Attila's mindset , who has 8,964 Test runs with 31 tons to his credit the scores of 0, one, 37, 0 and 44 shouldn't be byzantine. So what if it was Dravid and not you at Adelaide (of course The Wall deserves the avalanche of accolades for the fine job done) but don't forget it was your vital 37 and those crucial wickets of Steve Waugh and Damien Martyn that led to our historic win.

Dravid deserves all the kudos for the batting show. No doubt he was fabulous. More than anyone else, you will agree, if there is a successor to your throne it can only be this pedigreed gentlemen and not some rapacious clone. But how does it matter to emperor (call it sycophancy but can't think of a better word than that).

But I know its difficult to explain this to some self-styled cricket pundits (who have always confused gulli danda with cricket) who are chanting Dravidaya namaha , Sachinaya swaha these days.

They say you are selfish , you play only for yourself. Wonder how these people forgot those 673 runs at the 2003 World Cup in South Africa. These are the same people for whom Dravid was sometime back a wasted widow, who never missed an opportunity to utter nonsense about Ganguly , till he replied with that badla at Brisbane.

Today they say Dravid is the only Australian in the team, but God forbid what if tomorrow he hits a lean patch. The same people wouldn't leave one opportunity to rape him. Can't help it boss, they are like this only. They love heroes. Strangely this is the first time that your recent floption is their favourite course not to forget the I-don't-trust-Sachin topping.

Take a pick from the little master. Sunny Gavaskar got his Test ton (against England in 1974) after a gap of almost three years. His critics had almost written him off as a one-series wonder. That explained why he never read the newspapers for much of his playing career. It hardly matter to him then and it should hardly matter to you now.

I still remember that lean period in the 1996-97 season when you scored just one half-century in 10 Test innings against Australia and South Africa. But I have also not forgotten how you emerged from that rut with a blazing 169 against the South Africans at Cape Town.

Remember this is just a temporary phase. You know these Australians. You've always loved whacking them around. Don't forget you've done it before. How can you forget that divine 148 at Sydney in 1991, you were just 18 then.

At 30 you are the Bill Gates of cricket. Forget Adelaide, forget Melbourne.

We don't care if they call you sterile, they ask you to quit. Just pull those critics for a six, whack them like Shoaib Akhtar. It's time for you to have fun. Of course there is anticipation, your dismissal makes it more ball-buster. But then you know that. That is why you are Sachin Tendulkar.

Just go there and play yourself. Like the Sachin we know. Like the Sachin who scored 326 for Shardashram.

Believe in yourself. We want you to whip Hayden's Test record of 380. If Lara can get 28 runs in an over you can do better. Anything is possible for you. And you don't need anyone to back you up for this one.

We want a Sachin encore at Sydney. And we want it badly.

Regards,
Arvin Vincent (Sachin's friend)

Thanks to www.timesofindia.com

Geethamites, We all should PRAY for Sachin to score a century in the next test match. he did a lot for our country. So i request all geethamites to pray for him.

If cricket is my religion then Sachin is my GOD.

arumugam57
01-01-2004, 12:32 PM
Meena Ram..

Your posted a wrong post in good forum.
In simple words what I want to say is Sachin is totally a useless fellow now a days. He can't win a match , he can't save a match , he can't stay in the ground for more then 30 minits and etc etc... Once sachin was a good player. But not now. You know how he got LBW for a mggill ball? Have you seen it?. No fool will do that.. Except sachin.

Just 2 days before Ricky Ponding told " Whether sachin comes in 3 or 4 th we will get him out veru very cheaply ". Beteeer sachin has to go and commit suicide after those words.

Yes.. Sachin got Man of the series in World Cup 2003. In the same year how come he got just 17 runs test average?. Don't you think he is a bigg fool. Muralitharan got 16.7 test average. and sachin got 17. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

We can list very very few games in which india won because of sachin. Still he is in the team because we don't have any other well experienced player.

Don't think sachin did lot of things for our country. He did it for getting lot of money. He is just selfish guy....

Any questions???

meenaram
01-01-2004, 01:37 PM
Meena Ram..

In simple words what I want to say is Sachin is totally a useless fellow now a days. He can't win a match , he can't save a match , he can't stay in the ground for more then 30 minits and etc etc... Once sachin was a good player. But not now. You know how he got LBW for a mggill ball? Have you seen it?. No fool will do that.. Except sachin.

Just 2 days before Ricky Ponding told " Whether sachin comes in 3 or 4 th we will get him out veru very cheaply ". Beteeer sachin has to go and commit suicide after those words.

Yes.. Sachin got Man of the series in World Cup 2003. In the same year how come he got just 17 runs test average?. Don't you think he is a bigg fool. Muralitharan got 16.7 test average. and sachin got 17. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

We can list very very few games in which india won because of sachin. Still he is in the team because we don't have any other well experienced player.

Don't think sachin did lot of things for our country. He did it for getting lot of money. He is just selfish guy....

Any questions???oh Arumugam this is too much. You proved you are a typical indian. "If you get runs you are a hero or u will be a zero", this is standard and without cricket knowledge people's manthra. i hope u r not in the category. still one more match is there arumugam. still i have time to post many.

Leave it Sachin. Remember what happend after the first two matches in the world cup. The fans did the final ceremony party at calcutta to all the players. did they stop watching the matches? you know what happened after that. After all we lost to the world champs.

did u watch the LBW decesion given by Steve Buknor? No fool will give like that.

Did u watch the dismissals of waugh and martyn in the 2nd test match in the second innings?. Thats the turning point for the indian victory my dear arumugam. Today U spoiled my mood still. Form is temporary but CLASS is permenant.

One more thing everyone is behind money. If I give $100 will you say NO. If you still say no go and watch the posts in the first pattimandapam of Sofia.

If sachin bats well tomorrow i will post more on this. In the mean time "Indru Poi Naalai Vaa"

taiwanarangs
01-02-2004, 12:54 AM
hello Arumugam Annachi

you points are very correct.

taiwan

arumugam57
01-02-2004, 06:55 AM
Meena Ram..

I am having good knowledge of indian cricket team. Don't worry.

See.. Sachin is a world class player. Every one says. But see his statistics?. No one is expecting 100 runs from sachin in every match. Just 20 solid runs. Every one should believe sachin that if sachin comes he won't go with out scoring atleast 20 runs. that type of consistancy should be there. Sachine won't play 99 Matchs and in the 100th match he will score 1000 Runs. Do you think that will work? Never. Sachine will never take responsibility of the team especially in test matches.

In the present match he scored 66*. Let us see.. Whether he gets 100 or not.

arumugam57
01-02-2004, 06:57 AM
Yes.. in world cup we won lot of matches because of our bowlers and not because of our lazy guy sachin. Ind-Pak match is the exceptional case.

meenaram
01-02-2004, 05:26 PM
"Uyarantha idathil erukum bothu ulagam unnai mathikum,
Un nilamai KONJAM erangi vanthal Nizhalum kooda midhikum"-------- a genius didn't play well for just 3 innings...people like Arumugam makes sound....Enna Arumugam and taiwanarangs unga Moongila kariya???????

ha ha our hero is 73* still 27 more runs. He played lots and lots of valuable innings for india. There were time when sachin was out people will switch off TV. He was an one man army. Beleive it or not yesterday I did Hanuman Pooja just because of HIM (on the new year).....

some times stars have purple patches.

what will Ricky ponting think now? tomorrow will sachin score 100 or 200. After all we are watching a funny game Mr.Arumugam.

First innings a team can score 566 but at the same time second innings they may bundle out in 196. ricky ponting made 242 in the first innings but what happend in his second essay? he was out for duck.

Thats y u have to look for a class not a FORM. go east and west sachin is the BEST.

If you turn the pages of world cup 2003, Andy Flower made a statement. There are only two batsmen in the world, one is sachin the next one is all others. If a person who scored 673 runs in a world cup considered as lazy according to your defn. then how do you call other batsmen??

Do you KNOW Bradman? he himself said Sachin is playing like him. Can you tell anyother player he invited for a Party in australia? so don't make any stupid statements like above. 14 years sachin played for our country still he will continue. We should backup a person like him if he has any failures.

One more thing If he scores a century tomorrow he is equalizing Steve Waugh's 32 centuries. What a gr8 gift for steve waugh this would be???????? My Hanuman Pooja will continue until he makes 100th run!!!

arumugam57
01-03-2004, 05:20 AM
Meena Rammmmmmm..
I agree with all your statements.. Today I got up very early to watch sachin's batting. He is realy excellent. So many balls..they are very very dangerous balls ..fired by brett lee and jason gillespie coming towards sachin... And sachin is just hitting the ball like taking ice cream. Realy your hanuman pooja gave result. Thank you... Not only myself everyone agree sachin is a good player. But you should agree sachin behaved like a worthless/useless fool in past 3 matches. His LBW for mggill ball is pure BS. That ball is nowhere near to the balls faced by sachin today from brettlee and JG. Then how come he simply placed his legs before the wicket ( Sachin himself put his legs as if some one is going to give noble prize if he do so) for a simple ball. There exisits the reason for my fraustration. I just showed my fraustration. Thats it........

I am still watching the TV and he is in his 149*. Aussies are struggling very very badly. Let us see further..

meenaram
01-03-2004, 09:55 AM
But you should agree sachin behaved like a worthless/useless fool in past 3 matches.

no..... no way...... just for three matches you shouldn't say like this Arumugam. 220* his highest test score that too in SCG. Thanks a lot to Hanuman.......Long Live Sachin. Did you look at his punch after his 100. Athu ungala mathri alungala adikara mathri sachin pannathu.

Do you still beleive this is wrong post. I really feel bad no geetham members support this genius or else they didn't read this post.

Unga frustrationku ellam muttru pulli vachachu........Jai hanuman namma herova Kaapar. Still expecting some words from you. sorry if my postings hurt you ( i hope not!). Everything happened because i am very fond of sachin..........

His friends Letter worked out. happy to note that sachin is continuing his batting tomorrow!

meenaram
01-03-2004, 10:27 AM
Quote:

Just 2 days before Ricky Ponding told " Whether sachin comes in 3 or 4 th we will get him out veru very cheaply ". Beteeer sachin has to go and commit suicide after those words

Will Ponting take back his words. Empty vessels make more noise. Even after those hurdles that genius didn't speak a single word but his bat will.

Never. Sachine will never take responsibility of the team especially in test matches.

Dear Arumugam you have to take back your words!!!!!!!

Sachin the great!

http://sachintendulkar.hypermart.net/images/76.jpg

meenaram
01-03-2004, 10:43 AM
This punch from SACHIN is given for our super moderator Arumugam and taiwanarangs
(jaldra for Arumugam annachi)

http://specials.rediff.com/cricket/2004/jan/03cric3.jpg

Howz it Arumugam?

meenaram
01-03-2004, 11:08 AM
Thanks a double ton Sachin
[ SATURDAY, JANUARY 03, 2004 12:21:24 PM ]

Letter from Sachin's close friend Arvin Vincent

Thanks a DOUBLE TON Sachin. We knew you would do it and we knew you don't need a letter to tell you that you can.

We've got nothing more to say. You've said it all. You've left us

S P E E C H L E S S . Wonder if your critics feel the same.

The letter that did the trick. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/398622.cms

thirudan
01-03-2004, 05:22 PM
hats off to sachin :)

sri_gan
01-04-2004, 03:45 PM
Sachin Rocked Once again.....

we will we will rock you....

sabeshan
01-04-2004, 06:03 PM
Aarumugam - gup chip
anne taiwanarangs - Taiwan la irundhukkittu Sumo wrestling pathi venaa comment adinga yaarum edhuvum sollamaattanga... thevai illama jalra pottuttu ippadi manna kavvareengale... thevaiyaa?

butterfly
01-04-2004, 06:19 PM
There u Go meena :)...when is the party??...congrats to sachin

meenaram
01-05-2004, 08:21 AM
Thanks sri_gan, Sabeshan and butterfly..........yeah butterfly sure i will give a party after India's Victory.

Again second innings our hero is 60* so totally he made 301 runs without getting dismissed.

Arumugam in this series his average is 76.6 (thou' he had 2 ducks and 1). you are comparing that genius with muralitharan??? First ask him to bowl properly (he is a chucker!!). Come on Arumugam Y gup chip???

Shy
01-05-2004, 08:41 PM
Super one meena (the punch from sachin to Aru)..

Aru, I never knew how u could say such things about sachin. when there were couple of losers who played match fixing.. sachin was sincere and did whats best for India. he was teen when he rocked Cricket and made India proud. Of course for his hardwork and dedication, hes materialistically well to do.. so what.. when many political vultures scrap our money from us for no good reason.. sachin is a person where we feel its worth it.

Also last test patheengala.. neenga ellam paesavae kuudaathu ennai kaeta

comparing murali with sachin, i bet u are out of ur mind

Shy

Shy
01-05-2004, 10:07 PM
Arumugam...

Have a look at this topic posted by Katteri..

This will prove how great he is and we proud to have him as our fellow citizen

http://www.geetham.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5368

Shy

vasan
01-05-2004, 10:21 PM
Hello Sachin's fans...

I appreciate your loyalty to Sachin. But I think you folks should NOT be blinded by your loyalty. He is a great batsman and a terrific sportsperson. But that does not mean he can't or won't fail. And definitely not beyond anyones criticism....

There were times when Sachin's game has won the match - single handedly. But the last two years - rarely (except some matches in the world cup) has he WON a game for India. Often it is the other batsman who have been spearheading the Indian Attack.

The very reason that Meenaram has to offer poojas (!!) and a Fan has to write an Open letter is because his form has not been that great. Fortunately for India, he seemed to have regained it in one fell swoop and blasted off in the current match. If we win, it would be as much because of Sachin (as because of Laxman, and the bowlers!!).

Lets see...

Vasan

katteri
01-05-2004, 10:47 PM
6 Face
You should see the burden on sachins shoulder no batsman in cricket carries such burden
Hopes of milllion fans....
Every batsman undergoes a lean patch. If uhave been watching cricket for last 4-5 years i will tell u one such instance.
Saurav & sachin used to open indian innings in ODI. There r 3 to 4 times saurav form was very bad wht sachin used to do is to score runs quickly to take some pressure of saurav and retain strike most of the time(usually takes single at last or 5 th ball of the over).When ball bcoms soft saurav can go for huge shots against spinners and place them better.
Sachin is the best batsman in the cricket.
The only problem he has is he doesnt finish the game......and he has admitted this.
Dont forget the last 4 world cups where sachin scored heavily.
Remember when sachin came to bat againts kenya after his father's demise.
He s mentally strong.......no human being can do this.......
Please thalaivrai pathiii thappaa sollatheeenkaaaaaa.
Batsman make mistakes but they learn from mistakes.
U
Sachin got out first time by stumping against england bowler Giles. To contain sachin they used to bowl on the leg side.Its quite difficult to score but if u step out the chance of scoring is always high.
After that dismisall he practised PADDLE SWEEP to minimise the risk.
Statisitice will say how good is sachin........
2003 is the only year sahcin failed to socre a century is test cricket....2 in NZ where all indians suffered. 2 in india againts NZ where he was out of form.3 in Auss..2 bad decisions ....So one year vetchi sachin form la illai nu solllaaathenkaaaa.........

gsatnan
01-05-2004, 11:22 PM
i second all the people who supports the master batsman....
for those who criticises his form... this is wat lara had said.....
"sachins god and i am just mortal" these were the words from LARA the best batsman next to sachin.... Look at sydney how he silenced his critics with a double ton in the 1st innings and a 60 not out in the second....
also alan borders words on sachin...."He technically does not seem to be doing anything wrong. He is just finding different ways to get out. He has been playing a loose shot and nicking it; it is not as if he is playing and missing, which is the sign of an out-of-form player." theres an old adage: form is temporary and class is permanent.... his class is undoubtedly the best and u wld have heard this from many cricketing legends.....
Sachins obviously one of the best player of this century.....
and ofcourse the article by srinath in rediff "Write Sachin off at your own peril" and also before every storm theres always a calm atmosphere!!!!

gsatnan
01-05-2004, 11:28 PM
Sachin Tendulkar's 241 not out in the first innings of the fourth Test against Australia at Sydney is now the second highest individual innings by an Indian batsman after V V S Laxman's 281 and the highest ever for India on foreign soil.

gsatnan
01-05-2004, 11:29 PM
its just sad to see some indians talk the way against the master batsman.... I feel sorry for their ignorance.....

silican
01-05-2004, 11:44 PM
sari sari...ippo edhukku Sachinai God'nnu ellam yethreenga ?

As Arumugam said India has lost many matches when we needed sachin and he couldnt manage to score. again of all the matches sachin has batted like sachin, we have won only a few.

WAIT WAIT WAIT...meenaram dont give me a punch. read this completely.

1) Im an ardent fan of sachin and love his strokes. No doubt he is one among the best players. But is he a definite match Winner ?

2) Many times, we have lost a match in hand. and we Indians are known for losing such matches when it looks like we are almost there. One example is the India-cricket match at Calcutta during 99-2000 Pak tour to India. We were having a bad score and sachin was hitting 'like' God and when we had almost won it, the crowd expected Sachin to show some fireworks and he went for a short ball and got out. We couldnt get the balance 15+ runs and lost all the remaining 4 wickets. Had only sachin played cool (just like how Dravid played at Adelaide now. He was dead tired and still wanted to stay there to make sure we win the match. Thts what u call match-winning play)

The point to be noted here, he is no-doubt the best player. And thats the problem. The entire team was totally centered on him and expectations were mounting higher and higher with every ton he scored. Now thts much better and we have seen the evolution of the Wall from just a classic stroke player to one alarm-riser (u shd have seen him hit the Six yesterday..) and the team getting stronger with Lakshman and Yuvaraj and Kaif.

Just one more point before i conclude. Can u compare Sachin with Bevan or Kallis ?
Unargueably Sachin is the top-batsman. But when it comes to match-winning games, do we have an answer in Sachin ??

Silican

silican
01-05-2004, 11:46 PM
its just sad to see some indians talk the way against the master batsman.... I feel sorry for their ignorance.....

Come on dude, He is a master batsman,no doubt.This is not a matter of ignorance. Just an outcome of disappointment tht arises when ur expectations arent fulfilled.
Silican

gsatnan
01-05-2004, 11:53 PM
silican its laras word and not mine..... he himself has said sachins god.......
i was also disappointed with his form but i wouldnt say sachins useless nowadyas as 6face said.....

vasan
01-06-2004, 12:09 AM
sari sari...ippo edhukku Sachinai God'nnu ellam yethreenga ?

1) Im an ardent fan of sachin and love his strokes. No doubt he is one among the best players. But is he a definite match Winner ?

The point to be noted here, he is no-doubt the best player. And thats the problem. The entire team was totally centered on him and expectations were mounting higher and higher with every ton he scored. Now thts much better and we have seen the evolution of the Wall from just a classic stroke player to one alarm-riser (u shd have seen him hit the Six yesterday..) and the team getting stronger with Lakshman and Yuvaraj and Kaif.

Just one more point before i conclude. Can u compare Sachin with Bevan or Kallis ?
Unargueably Sachin is the top-batsman. But when it comes to match-winning games, do we have an answer in Sachin ??

Silican

Well said, Si..

No one questions Sachin's skills - or his ability to score at will. But the serious question that always arises is how come with such people on board India still can't close out many games? Not just batting greatare we key wining matches, that should be the key issue.. Why blindly arguing he is God? Lara said so... So?! What does that matter - it simply means Lara considers Sachin as a far far better player - which anyways all of us are agreeing.

Criticism of players - when they play poorly or hit a poor form is as much important as heaping praises when some one does great. Sachin is a great batsman - but he still needs to win some games for India. After all isn't that the ultimate aim for playing a match?

Vasan

sri_gan
01-06-2004, 01:15 AM
Vasan,

Sachin could be spark for the team spirit. Thats how the team work begins.

We call it Inspiration. A drop of Inspiration is necessary for the team to work.

No matter it is a game or work.

It will not be always smart to say that what he has done is few, It will not be the same for you when you are placed in that position, we got to respect that.

I don't see anythng wrong is people enjoying him as their part. Its just the way they enjoy or they could be proud off.

Sachin didn't asked for it, he just did his job, the rest (name or money or fans) follows him.

I don't think no simple words is going to change how the people feel.

He did definetely gave the powerful punch to all the sports magazines, moronic sports analysts and definetly their crappy messages.... Who are these guys to decide a sport before it completes... Next time they need to be careful before their words.

We Celebrate, We will We will Rock You...

meenaram
01-06-2004, 09:01 AM
I feel Ganguly made a mess. He should have gone for the follow on. Even if we don't win after the follow on, it should be a real gr8 embrassment for Aussies....Anyway, after a long time our performance is so good in aussies. That too v dictated the terms for Aussies.

silican
01-06-2004, 06:08 PM
Ganguly's decision was good. Especially declaring a few overs before the end of play on the 4th day. We did everything right on the 5th day , if at all for a few mis-fields. Umpire decisions and Captain's Innings of Steve waugh were the some of the reasons for missing an epic win. Anyways, the Indian team has emerged out as a powerful side. Thts a welcome outcome.

Silican