PDA

View Full Version : Does Religion Matters?

san2003
01-28-2004, 07:57 AM
I would like to know does Religion matter when u are in love.... what do u think?????

I think it matters.......... tell me ur views :)

dinesh
01-28-2004, 07:58 AM
Nope.

san2003
01-28-2004, 08:02 AM
why nope shidinesh? explain abit further ??

i feel it matters coz if u wanna have a long term relationship wif the person u love but he/she is of different religion..... u might have problems coming from society, parents and etc... rite?
and wat if their ways r different coz of the religion?

sabeshan
01-28-2004, 08:10 AM
see when u love someone from diff religion u shud realise the obvious consequences... u cant be blind to all that.... after marriage u shud work out something that will work for both... meaning either go to the extreme of converting or be liberal with respect to kids' inclination to follow either religion... to be frank (and i dont mean to hurt any particular religion), generally ppl from a non-rigid religion (one which does not require for both bride and groom to be of the same religion) wont find it a problem with a partner from another religion which is also liberal w.r.t religion of the bride and groom... but then for those who give a damn to all these and still go ahead.. they shud have the strength to carry on no matter what and remain unaffected by societal pressures....

katteri
01-28-2004, 08:42 AM
This topic can be argued in 2 diff aspects.
B4 and after marriage...
First of all ,if both of u have an open mind and discuss honestly this problme canbe solved.Unfortunately this happens occasionally...
Its very easy 2 say reliion doesnt matter but when it comes to life small things matter.

Problem may arise from small small mistakes...only soln for this is not to spk abt religion after marriage..I

vennai1
01-28-2004, 10:31 AM
No way ... can religion affect true love...

if you like a person and feel that he will be a good fit as a lover...

you should go ahead and start courting off ! :b: :b:

Religion is just a way to keep people lead a principled life !

has nothing to do with true love ! :nono: :nono:

san2003
01-28-2004, 11:42 AM
veenai said

has nothing to do with true love !

I agree religion is just a way of life... but ur partner might have lead his/her life for the whole life and cannot change jus for the partner rite?

sabeshan said

see when u love someone from diff religion u shud realise the obvious consequences... u cant be blind to all that

then why people call love is blind? .. jus kiddin.... so do we have to see wat religion n other matters b4 loving anyone? love jus comes naturally.... athe ellam pakuma? athe thane varethe.... isn it?

katteri
01-28-2004, 11:50 AM
It seems to be easy to advice,I dont oppose any religion @ the same time by practice and frequency i follow hinduism.One of my best friend is a christian...
Saturday i never used to have non veg (not now)...his mom made a good meal for us.I was staying in his home for few days...I cant say no just bcos i cant break their hearts @ the same time i cant compromise on principles i follow for years....
So i said i m not well.....It hurts me of lying what can i do ????
These type of small problems do occur....
I dont know but my friend said he has problem coping with another religion girl.Thou its one sample....there r people who live happily...too..
The one & only soln is to sit and speak wht not to be discussed in future....
Trivail problems like naming the child,,, wht religiosn has to put in birth certificate etc might arise...and mostly these problems r fueeled by relatives....

vennai1
01-28-2004, 11:53 AM
I agree religion is just a way of life... but ur partner might have lead his/her life for the whole life and cannot change jus for the partner rite?

Why to change? when you love the person you will be happy to accept

the person as it is... so if he/she is from other religion it never does matter... :nono:

i will always fall at the feet of jesus... but that does not mean if i love a girl

who is hindu i will ask her to do the same... :nono:

if she still wants to pray Rama that would be fine with me...

I personally feel that understanding of two hearts inspite of all differences

would be true love... ! :b:

katteri
01-28-2004, 11:54 AM
veenai said

has nothing to do with true love !

sabeshan said

see when u love someone from diff religion u shud realise the obvious consequences... u cant be blind to all that

then why people call love is blind? .. jus kiddin.... so do we have to see wat religion n other matters b4 loving anyone? love jus comes naturally.... athe ellam pakuma? athe thane varethe.... isn it?

What ever others say.. love is blind,, love is god....bla bla.... it all depends on u how u perceive .
I perceive love as god..(love cary diff meanings love i consider is luv betn humans)..

They say luv is blindbcos they dont understand the consequence of falling in love...(a debattable topic).....

katteri
01-28-2004, 11:56 AM
Anothe eg .:My friend was in love with a girl for more than 2 years finally they decided to seprate ..
Y tho they r from same hindu religion but have some diff practices,, smalll small prob aggregated to large ones.....
As i said sit and speak HONESTLY....

katteri
01-28-2004, 11:57 AM

Why to change? when you love the person you will be happy to accept

the person as it is... so if he/she is from other religion it never does matter... :nono:

i will always fall at the feet of jesus... but that does not mean if i love a girl

who is hindu i will ask her to do the same... :nono:

if she still wants to pray Rama that would be fine with me...

I personally feel that understanding of two hearts inspite of all differences

would be true love... ! :b:

vENNAI :
IN PRACTICE ITS QUITE DIFF .......UNLESS THEYR R AN XTRA ORDINARY COUPLES

vennai1
01-28-2004, 11:58 AM
...and mostly these problems r fueeled by relatives....

exactly... i would say more than that the society itself...

so when the partners are in full understanding there is no place

for disappointment whatsoever ! :b:

katteri
01-28-2004, 12:02 PM
vENAI ketkirathu ku nalla irukku anna prichanaikla varumnu solren.. mukiyamma love marriage la..

vennai1
01-28-2004, 12:13 PM
vENAI ketkirathu ku nalla irukku anna prichanaikla varumnu solren.. mukiyamma love marriage la..

katta...

people dont need to be extraordinary to fall in love ! :)

just think why you love a particular guy and not any other one ??

most of the time it would be his personality, his conduct, his qualities...etc..

never is religion or caste a inspiration for love... :nono:

so all we need to do.. is to shed off our unneccessary caste-stratified bindings

when it comes to expressing or being in love...

I am not saying there wont be any problem at all when two people from

totally different religious backgrounds marry ! But, my point is even though

there are problems they can be well-handled and love never has to be

sacrificed for the sake of religion/caste ! Never ! :b:

dinesh
01-28-2004, 12:20 PM
The true meaning of love is a deep understanding of each other. And that'll encapsulate all their values as well. A religion is a personal choice of a person, and love is something above all personal choices.

katteri
01-28-2004, 12:51 PM
Love pathi concepts ellam nala irukku but u have to c problm that may arise.
I reiterate sit & speak honestly athhu thavar vera nor soln illai....

dinesh
01-28-2004, 12:57 PM
If you face unsolvable problems then probably you are not in love.

Love is a feeling of deep understanding, a stage where no problem is a big problem.

san2003
01-28-2004, 02:08 PM

i understand wat ur trying to say.... i agree... speakin honestly is the solution... how if the person has very strong religious beliefs... and will only marry his religion girl/guy ..... but ur totally in love with that person... u'll do anything for that person?

If you face unsolvable problems then probably you are not in love.

Love is a feeling of deep understanding, a stage where no problem is a big problem.

problem illame ore valkai ya?.... nalla iruke kekerutheke.... annal.... its not reality.... u cannot live without problems... generally speaking as well

katteri
01-28-2004, 02:44 PM

i understand wat ur trying to say.... i agree... speakin honestly is the solution... how if the person has very strong religious beliefs... and will only marry his religion girl/guy ..... but ur totally in love with that person... u'll do anything for that person?

I will say leave if he /she is too religiuos...U have to forget the person....Thats the best solution...(recocllect my statement its my opinion and its hard to accept adivce/suggestions)If i were u .I will speak to the person (if he loves me too) , the potential sources for problems, and how to avoid them .Take a oath that ill never let her away during trouble..
If she didnt accpet...Leave her alone and say good bye.I will never want to have a friend who is more inclined to religion. Thats the indicator for '' sincerity of love''...
Converting religion & getting married is a crime to me......
'' b4 taking a decison talk to ur parents, pray to god that wht i wud say... i dont know abt u .. but i will, We has a friend might give u some suggestion we will be happy if u r happy 2 (bcos it easy to share joy).. but when some problem arises we will not be there U need a support to hold...that s none other than ur parents / relatives'''' once the decison is taken do not take back ...bcos (sollakoodathu).....''
Good luck.

anitam
01-28-2004, 02:49 PM
I would like to know does Religion matter when u are in love.... what do u think?????

I think it matters.......... tell me ur views :)

yeah, it matters.. true love-na vazhkai konchanalaiku vittu koduthu vazhalam..ana eppovame naidaimuraikku othuvaradha onnu.. kurippa India-la.. rendu peroda lifestyle veramari irukkapa.. ella vishayathlayum othupoha mudiyathu. So, according to me Religion matters.

sri_gan
01-28-2004, 03:00 PM
San2003,

You are trying to compare two extreme factors.

Let me open up with my basic thoughts, then will go the depth of each of these two factors.

Love, In one view, Its opens the sharing mode of a human being and very natural.

Religion, Created by Humans, To shape up Human being.

Your Question:

"I would like to know does Religion matter when u are in love.... what do u think?????"

My answer:

Not Necessary, But If some person is grew up in different religion practices, It will definetely be hard to go forward with a partnership life...

If you two people fall in love, the ultimate should be for a good partnership.

In countries like ours with family values, I never favour love before marriage..., even if it happens, no one can live peacefully by overulling their parents (such exposures may be good for movies not for a real life), I would say, it is a selfish nature which is hidden in our brain which takes its turn...

This is interesting, Lets analyze further...

san2003
01-28-2004, 03:34 PM
it is indeed an interesting factor..as u said sri_gan

katteri,
as u said... i think if the person is too much of a strong religious believer.... its hard to convince them..... personally speaking.... its hard to talk to them becoz they have everythin set in their mind.... based on their culture and religion beliefs.... so ... know wat am gonna do?.... leave it.

basically...i asked the question because i was having problem on this topic.... and after hearing u guys.... i decided.... am jus gonna leave it and move on wif life... thanx guys

katteri
01-28-2004, 03:39 PM
it is indeed an interesting factor..as u said sri_gan

katteri,
as u said... i think if the person is too much of a strong religious believer.... its hard to convince them..... personally speaking.... its hard to talk to them becoz they have everythin set in their mind.... based on their culture and religion beliefs.... so ... know wat am gonna do?.... leave it.

basically...i asked the question because i was having problem on this topic.... and after hearing u guys.... i decided.... am jus gonna leave it and move on wif life... thanx guys

THATS A WISE DECISION ALSO I WUD SUGGEST U TO KEEP AWAY FROM HIM /BCOS ONE R OTHER DAY U MIGHT THINK....(IF U MAINATIN CONTACT)

san2003
01-28-2004, 03:45 PM
THATS A WISE DECISION ALSO I WUD SUGGEST U TO KEEP AWAY FROM HIM /BCOS ONE R OTHER DAY U MIGHT THINK....(IF U MAINATIN CONTACT)

well... i still do have contact wif him.... coz he is my best fren.... i have to tell that .... it was love from one way... this may sound stupid or crazy... or u may even call it infactuation.. or wat so ever....
but i had frens who had same problem n end up spliting... so i think religion does matter... if ur looking for long term relationship

sri_gan
01-28-2004, 03:46 PM

Thats a wise decison san2003, see in men's talk i opened up a topic called Infatuation and I'm lining up my personal experiences as parts...

dinesh
01-28-2004, 06:17 PM
problem illame ore valkai ya?.... nalla iruke kekerutheke.... annal.... its not reality.... u cannot live without problems... generally speaking as well

I didn't say life without problems, I said life without UNSOLVABLE problems. It's perfectly possible to lead a life with problems that have solutions, if you sit down and think for a bit.

butterfly
01-28-2004, 11:39 PM
san,
nice to see u opened this topic...

Religion may not matter when ur in Love....if there is understanding between each other...& if both are not very strong believers in their religion...but even If one happens to be strong initially everything might look smooth....but problem will start later on....But its the kids who have to put up with the consequences of their parent's decision...to answer everyones questions...they dont feel comfortable when they are with kids of parents with same religion...so religion does play an important part in marriage

p_arunsrinivasan
01-29-2004, 05:43 AM
cool topic...

lemme put my views.. the essense of love is to understand ur partner and behave (act)accordingly..

religion does regulate ur behviour in most cases... but if we notice few things closely, even ppl in the same religion follow their belief's to their own convinience which means even ppl within the same religion might have different behaviour.. so up to me religion doesnt make any difference until the couple involved has a good understanding...
It just boils down to how far u r able to adjust and close the gap with our partner... whether its inter-religion/same religion arranged/love marriage.....

cheers,
Arun.P.

Comenaughty
01-29-2004, 08:47 AM
according to me religion matters in the case where the person is conservative..... religion will stand over love in that case.... otherwise if the couple is broad minded, religion can be adjusted with....

naughty

san2003
01-29-2004, 09:09 AM
according to me religion matters in the case where the person is conservative..... religion will stand over love in that case.... otherwise if the couple is broad minded, religion can be adjusted with....

i agree wif u.... if the person is very conservative ... religion does matter becoz they might be looking for long term or.... to be jus on the very religious... somethin like that
if the person is broad minded and can accept their partners as a person and not from wat religion he/she come from... i think there won't be any difficulties there
though...some have said it will affect when they get married and have kids.... i think that is a different matter but also very important as well

Shy
01-29-2004, 08:51 PM
San,

Good topic.. :b:

Ok... I dont think religion is any important or if at all it matters. See, Religion is something created by humans for leading a disciplined life. But that shouldnt stand in way when u want to live with the love of ur life. So what u havent had non-veg and ur lover has'na.. wont u adjust like either learining to cook or he not taking it anymore. Religion shud be somethign like that exterior. Should never interfer with ur inner feelings. UR belief should be always the same and his as his. But that cant and shouldnt stop u from loving each other. Children vantha.. teach them both.. Actually those kids shud be lucky to know both the religions u know. they wont have to choose between one.

Yaenga Israel, Palestine problem'ae Abraham Muslim's Christian/jew'nanu thaanae.. We never know what was this religion actually, appadi irukkum boothu why give importance for those exterior things.. when u can lead a lovely life with someone ur heart loves????

Shy

vasan
01-29-2004, 09:02 PM
Yaenga Israel, Palestine problem'ae Abraham Muslim's Christian'nanu thaanae.. We never know what was this religion actually, appadi irukkum boothu why give importance for those exterior things.. when u can lead a lovely life with someone ur heart loves????

Shy

Shy..

Good points on the topic - but as a side track and to correct a factual point..

Palastine/Israel issue is not about Muslims and Christians. Its not religious, but more to do with ethnic issue and land issue. Israel people are not Christians but Jews. There are quite a few palastinians who are 'christians' and 'muslims'... Religion is actually not much of the issue here.. its far too complicated, mixed history and lack of land and oh.. whole bunch of mess about Middle East..

Just wanted to add that correction.. Sorry...

sri_gan
01-29-2004, 09:08 PM
Actually those kids shud be lucky to know both the religions u know. they wont have to choose between one.

Shy,

I don't know what you mean. Avan avan oru religion therinchutte oora olaila pottu vachi irruikan... inni vara generationkku both religiona.... naan exaggurate pnnuren nu nenaika vendam....

Oru chinna sample parunga:

1. Man from one religion

2. WOmen from another religion

3. Over ruling parent and getting married

4. Two Kids.

5. 1 Chooses Dad's and 1 Choose's Mom's

Vettukule aduchukka sollurengala?

Honeyarjun
01-29-2004, 09:24 PM
Good for you san2003 to come with a decision.. But dont just decide based on the few comments here.. If u think what u feel for him will stand above your religious believes...then go for it.. But it looks like your feelings for him werent that strong..

Here is my few cents.. Pls do not go for internet relationships. The person you chat/email with may not be what he is portraying outside.. yes.. love is blind..but u should be matured enough to differentiate between infactuation and love before falling in love.

Shy
01-29-2004, 09:25 PM
Yaenga Israel, Palestine problem'ae Abraham Muslim's Christian'nanu thaanae.. We never know what was this religion actually, appadi irukkum boothu why give importance for those exterior things.. when u can lead a lovely life with someone ur heart loves????

Shy

Shy..

Palastine/Israel issue is not about Muslims and Christians. Its not religious, but more to do with ethnic issue and land issue. Israel people are not Christians but Jews. There are quite a few palastinians who are 'christians' and 'muslims'... Religion is actually not much of the issue here.. its far too complicated, mixed history and lack of land and oh.. whole bunch of mess about Middle East..

My bad... Abhraham Jew'a ellai muslim'a.. thaan problem.. thapap yaelutheetaen.. :doh: Isreal jew'snu i forgot...:)

Appuram the main problem is jerusalem thaanae... the same place which is sacred to both the religiion :)

Shy

Shy
01-29-2004, 09:27 PM

Shy

Shy..

My bad... Abhraham Jew'a ellai muslim'a.. thaan problem.. thapap yaelutheetaen.. :doh: Isreal jew'snu i forgot...:)

Appuram the main problem is jerusalem thaanae... the same place which is sacred to both the religiion :)

Shy

sri_gan
01-29-2004, 09:28 PM
Shy,

Athu irrukattum... enn kelvikku answer pannuga... :ee:

vasan
01-29-2004, 09:33 PM
Actually the main problem is not Jerusalem also. Its only symbolic, because there are not many Jews who live in the Old Jerusalem area. Its completely Palastine dominated. Its symbolic, because there is a whole of history for both the groups which happened in Jerusalem that are significant... :) And Jerusalem is sacred to all the three people: Christians, Jews, and Muslims... Palastines issue is much ethnical... :)

Dominic Lappierre & Larry Collins' "Oh Jerusalem" is a good 'non-expert" book on this... Most other books are either too academic or completely lopsided.. :)

Sorry about the side track folks...

Does religion matter in a family setting when one is in love...? can continue..

Shy
01-29-2004, 09:36 PM
Actually those kids shud be lucky to know both the religions u know. they wont have to choose between one.

Shy,

I don't know what you mean. Avan avan oru religion therinchutte oora olaila pottu vachi irruikan... inni vara generationkku both religiona.... naan exaggurate pnnuren nu nenaika vendam....

Oru chinna sample parunga:

1. Man from one religion

2. WOmen from another religion

3. Over ruling parent and getting married

4. Two Kids.

5. 1 Chooses Dad's and 1 Choose's Mom's

Vettukule aduchukka sollurengala?

Sri...

Yaen adichukureenga.. Eppo Kashmir'la hindu and muslims are fighting.. athukaaga.. unga classmate muslim's paartha uday thaana????? Its ur belief sri... but u know whats right or wrong.. we see different religious people.. their are entirely different from ours.. we think cow is sacred.. but others.. athai sapiduraanga... athunaala are we fighting with them.. some activists will do.. not everyone.. Athula sontha blood related brothers/sisters.. why shud they fight, sollunga??

In souther tamilnadu.. how many families are best friends theriyumma.. hindus and muslims... do they care abt pak and Indo issues.. no.. because they like/love each other inrespective of their difference.. thats what will matter...

Hope I answered u question.. appuram can u delete on of my duplicate posts :( double click pannitaen

Shy

sri_gan
01-29-2004, 11:13 PM
Shy,

I mentioned a situation not a belief, no one believes to have fight.

Assumption than ithu odane belief nu nenga kuda eduthu kittenga.. think about the children... rendu religion rendu extreme le irrukum puriyarathule than oru manusan zhap ahurathum shape ahathathum.

Ippa sollunga.

san2003
01-30-2004, 06:47 AM
vasan wrote:
Does religion matter in a family setting when one is in love...? can continue..

wat u mean by family setting? like when it comes to marriage and stuff like that?

vasan
01-30-2004, 07:10 AM
Yes, San2003...

Because reading Does Religion Matter sounds like very general. And all the discussions have been in this particular context of two people with different religeous backgrounds, can they be together !! What do you think?? We would be very glad to hear from you..

san2003
01-30-2004, 07:45 AM
two people with different religeous backgrounds, can they be together

well.. i have never heard of people of different religion living together... there might be... that i do not know of... :)
but i know people from different religion getting married usually love marriage... but they do convert their religion ...normally wives following their husbands
so i think religion matters.. coz it comes to the stage of converting... if they can live without converting.. i think that is being open on the beliefs of their lovers and also being open to the other religion.. as many have said.. is a way of living ...bein brought up that way
when it comes to children.... i think it is abit too much to teach 2 extreme religions... i have no further comments on that... coz i myself dunno wat shud be done.... but i feel that a child.. who does not know anythin when they r young shud not be confused by the 2 religions.

madhu_aish1
01-30-2004, 08:06 AM
when it comes to children.... i think it is abit too much to teach 2 extreme religions... i have no further comments on that... coz i myself dunno wat shud be done.... but i feel that a child.. who does not know anythin when they r young shud not be confused by the 2 religions.

San chellam ...well said :clap: :clap: :clap: A very valid point to be noted.. :b:

BTW welcome to geetham .. involve yourself and get to know other buddies here.. But to know the real faces of these buddies you need to goto sofia's pattimandram .. :lol: :lol: :lol:

San open up urself to other topics but remember never throw kuppai into kitchen :ee: :ee: :ee: Enjoy ur stay :D

rashmi987
01-30-2004, 08:50 AM
Now a days I dont think religion it will be a big problem neither for the couples nor the child. Bcoz If it is love marriage they oboviously know that these prblems will arise,and the couples will be prepared accordingly. In the case of kids, (U know now a days farward cast peoples are not getting any benfits(for scholerships,getting seats...) from goverment ) So they can make use of this in a positive way...

katteri
01-30-2004, 12:01 PM
Rashmi,,
What do u say, 2 get benefits do people have to love and encourage inter religion marriage.....its not true love ... they cant live happily.....
its only oppurtunist people do....

katteri
01-30-2004, 12:02 PM
San u r conclusion seems to impress me. Nice to know u r firm with u r decision....

san2003
01-30-2004, 12:24 PM
thanx katteri... i have made my decision very firm... and im very much clear now
thanx to u guys :)

sri_gan
01-30-2004, 04:01 PM
San,

Nenga enna venna sollunga... namma shy othukka mattanga :sm12:

Naan ithanaikku solliten, oru religion kathukitte olunga purunchukama avan avan paduthura paadu thanga mudiyalai... ithule 2 religion kathukittu ... shiva shiva..

sandhiya_ch
01-30-2004, 04:43 PM
sabeshan said

love is blind ellam ok thaan san. but paarunga love comes naturally as u said. so athellam parka vendam. but after marriage too since u love ur partner dont see. kanna moodikonga. cause love religion paarkaathu.

but life religion parkum, cause it is related with society that includes your parents. so have a caution towards it if you are going to go blind in your love :ee:

side track: i fell in love with a person of another religion, though we both married different people now, but i say IN MY LIFE THIS QUOTE WORKED OUT: if you do not get the thing you wanted most, it could be your stroke of luck. :ee: :ee: :ee: :ee:

cause after marriage many people start seeing religion and their life instead of their love. so if you love stick to your love. as butterfly said, choose to love your partner daily - UR LIFE WOULD BE A PERFECT BLISS.

sandhiya_ch
01-30-2004, 04:48 PM
The true meaning of love is a deep understanding of each other.love is something above all personal choices.

PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

sandhiya_ch
01-30-2004, 04:56 PM

i understand wat ur trying to say.... i agree... speakin honestly is the solution... how if the person has very strong religious beliefs... and will only marry his religion girl/guy ..... but ur totally in love with that person... u'll do anything for that person

enna ma kannu one side love mathiri irukku.

u should have asked how to convince the girl/ boy if he belongs to another religion and is very strong in his beliefs (religious). i should say it was the same problem to me once upon a time, long long ago, very long ago...

i say if they both believe in love, religion and beliefs vanish. so no pechu of convincing. carakeeta ba

sandhiya_ch
01-30-2004, 05:03 PM
srigan athu adichukka solrathu illai.

let me give u a example.

enakku therinju vennai is a follower of christianity.

u r a follower of hinduism.

IF VENNAI IS YOUR GOOD FRIEND IS HE GOING TO ADICHIFY U.
:nono:
and u see basically husband and wife are good friends, so are brothers and sisters.

what shy meant was, it is good to know basic human values (that religions basically teach), but the custom what should they follow depends on parents. if they say i would ask a big sacrifice from one of them, for a peace of all the family.

i know it is hard, but it is worth considering the peace that realms later :b:

sri_gan
01-30-2004, 05:07 PM
San2003,

You are trying to compare two extreme factors.

Let me open up with my basic thoughts, then will go the depth of each of these two factors.

Love, In one view, Its opens the sharing mode of a human being and very natural.

Religion, Created by Humans, To shape up Human being.

Your Question:

"I would like to know does Religion matter when u are in love.... what do u think?????"

My answer:

Not Necessary, But If some person is grew up in different religion practices, It will definetely be hard to go forward with a partnership life...

If you two people fall in love, the ultimate should be for a good partnership.

In countries like ours with family values, I never favour love before marriage..., even if it happens, no one can live peacefully by overulling their parents (such exposures may be good for movies not for a real life), I would say, it is a selfish nature which is hidden in our brain which takes its turn...

This is interesting, Lets analyze further...

Sandhiya_ch,

Olunga padinga.... I bolded what I said.

Summa kai kattathing... inga senthil irrukar kadichu vachiruvar. :sm12:

katteri
01-30-2004, 05:19 PM
TO ALL
ORU EG PARTHENGHA '' NAMMA VITTIL SAMI KUMPIDUM POTHU ETHAVTHHU THAPPU PANNITA NAMMA AMMA THITUVANGHA ENNA PAA PAPDI PANNITE NU....''

thou i m following a religion for a long time and i am not able to do the rituals as it has 2 be done......
Adopting diff religion & practising will be criicized by both....
Also ''PERFECT COUPLE NU SOLLUVANGHA PARUNGHA AVANGHA THAN ITHU KU BEST''
Practically its very very difficult..... oru joke o ada mudikireen
i woke up in the morning and told my wife, "Naan oru ketta kanavu kanden"

Wife: "Enna Kanavu?"

Me: "Nee Sethu pora mathiri"

She: "dont worry, appadi kanavu kanda 100 vayasu vazhvaangannu solluvanga.."

Me: Athanalathan KETTA KANAVU -nnu solren..

He heee

Shy
01-30-2004, 05:39 PM
katteri nalla joke .. irunga unga wife vanthu solraen.. nalla uday vilum appo

Shy

Shy
01-30-2004, 05:47 PM
Dinesh..

The true meaning of love is a deep understanding of each other.love is something above all personal choices.

Enna ithu..negala eppadi sonathu.. vai adachu poitaen.. Wow.. man..... love ellam waste.. whats there'nu solra oru guy.. evalavu super'a soli irukaar... I really appreciate ur thoughts.. kalakeeteenga poonga :)

Sri,

Situation is somethign thats not equal or be equated to love, belief, peace etc. Sandhiya sona mathiri situation will not make brothers, family fight and thats what the bond is. Athaan example soli irunthaennae... a muslim beliver is a family need nto be hated by others in that family.. for them its his right to belief what he feels is comfortable for him... but avangalukku hes a family, blood thats it.. appo sandaiyaa.. :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Evalavu jews and muslims couples in USA theriyumma. exterme cases.. my USA friends itself 5-7 couples irukaanga.. evalavu romnatic and understand theriyumma... she has halal meat.. cooks kosher certified food for her husband.. Life is this sri.. not abt some external beliefs that we have. its abt u understandig a soul, living for them, loving them... whatever different belief we have, above that we share our precious love for them, thats all matters..

San... I am not sure what u decided... but go what u heart says....not what ur mind manipulates :) because the mind manipulated way wont last long !!! best wishes

Shy

sandhiya_ch
01-30-2004, 05:51 PM
In countries like ours with family values, I never favour love before marriage...

pure side track: paavi paavi appo kiss before marriage mattum okva. yaaru kettalaum kiss kuduppennu vera solrathu.

acho intha poli saamiyaar podara kottam thaangalaiye

katteri
01-30-2004, 05:55 PM
iPPO POI SOONA THAN VUNDU ILLAIYA SRIGAN ....

san2003
02-04-2004, 03:44 PM
San,

Nenga enna venna sollunga... namma shy othukka mattanga :sm12:

Naan ithanaikku solliten, oru religion kathukitte olunga purunchukama avan avan paduthura paadu thanga mudiyalai... ithule 2 religion kathukittu ... shiva shiva..wat u said is rite... selevangae oru religion terinchum... olunga ille.... so if have to learn 2 religions..... as u said.... dun know wats the result of the person might be... cannot even think of it :)

muralipr
02-04-2004, 07:41 PM
Religion does not matter in love according to me. Just think for some time all the religions are saying the same. According to me there is only one god. We call that by different names in different religion and we worship differently thats the difference. So if i love some one in other religoin i will marry him for sure.Love does not see religion. Only thing we have to have the acceptance of parents.

Shy
02-04-2004, 07:49 PM
Romba sariyaa sonnenga muralipr... religion first think panninoomna.. everything more or less teach the same.. except for few changes in each...

But its external to a person and it shud in no way stand between for love :)

Shy

muralipr
02-04-2004, 07:55 PM
Thanks shy for joining with me.

muralipr
02-04-2004, 08:00 PM
If we get all gods in one room and pray together.Is the god going to come and scold us or Is the god going to come and tell us that i will not help u because u kept the god of other religion near me.NO .No god going to say anything. How we look and how we take all are in our hands.

arunsharavan
02-04-2004, 10:28 PM
The answer is yes - if you want the full consensus of parents and the society for the marriage. The answer is no - if your parents are okay with interreligion marriages and you dont give a damn about the society's opinion.
Personally I feel that I would go for an interreligion marriage if my parents are okay with it. (I mean, i dont care about the opinion of the society on my personal life)

Arun

san2003
02-05-2004, 06:55 AM
The answer is yes - if you want the full consensus of parents and the society for the marriage. The answer is no - if your parents are okay with interreligion marriages and you dont give a damn about the society's opinion.

so if parents r not ok wif interreligion marriage..... then religion does play a major part when ur choosing ur partner rite?.... well... im not sure bout nowadays.. but most parents r still against interreligion marriages especially wif indian parents... the culture plays an important role in life ... so wat i think is religion mus be taken into consideration

katteri
02-05-2004, 03:35 PM
Religion does not matter in love according to me. Just think for some time all the religions are saying the same. According to me there is only one god. We call that by different names in different religion and we worship differently thats the difference. So if i love some one in other religoin i will marry him for sure.Love does not see religion. Only thing we have to have the acceptance of parents.
kathalukku kannu illai correct than anaaa' peaceful life '' venuman religion matters ..appadi illaina .. u will be one of few ideal persons....Nice to c u

Shy
02-05-2004, 04:46 PM

so if parents r not ok wif interreligion marriage..... then religion does play a major part when ur choosing ur partner rite?.... well... im not sure bout nowadays.. but most parents r still against interreligion marriages especially wif indian parents... the culture plays an important role in life ... so wat i think is religion mus be taken into consideration

San, u should understand something here.. parents are not this generation.. so yes they wont accept. Do u think u will be the same for ur kids. What will be the priority, ur kids happiness in life or ur religious beliefs??? Its ur kids life and u are doing everything just for them to be happy. Apapdi irukkum poothu why should religion make them hurt sollunga?

Culture does is important, but that should not pave ur life, but u.

Shy

Bluelotus
02-05-2004, 10:56 PM
True love is indeed incomparable to anything else. Wether at the end of the day u choose to marry a person of a different religion is purely an individual decision.

However I do agree with the members who think tht it isn't such a good idea to have intereligious marriages. Yes, of course religion was initially created not simply for worship but also to provide a foundation for human society. However I do believe it has evolved beyond this basic function.

Marriages is difficult even for those who love each other and are from the same cultural and religious background. I have of course seen intereligious marriages....in all those cases the wife compromised or converted.

I don't say it is impossible or insurmountable, just so much harder.

Most of u are form the Indian subcontinent, which is intolearable towards intercaste marriages how would u survive if it is interreligious, especially now when extremism in even religions like Hinduism are on the rise. In the western "world" yes, u can manage a normal life.

Just because your family is friends with members of different religious groups or ethnic groups doesn't mean they shall support your intercultural union.

I think it requires 2 extremely strong minded and dedicated ppl to make such an union a success, love alone is not enough.......for I belive tht love like luck can be fickle.

and for tht last comment I shall picked on and dissected to bits....never mind, it'll be enlightning.

Blue.

butterfly
02-06-2004, 12:21 AM
San, u should understand something here.. parents are not this generation.. so yes they wont accept. Do u think u will be the same for ur kids. What will be the priority, ur kids happiness in life or ur religious beliefs??? Its ur kids life and u are doing everything just for them to be happy. Apapdi irukkum poothu why should religion make them hurt sollunga?

Shy,
wat happens if both the parents die in an accident...so where does that live the child??...the child will be taken care of by the granparents....so its imp that parents do accept....or if one of the parent dies...wat happens to the child then...wat religion does the child follow?...everything might work out if they parents are alive & can understand eachother & as u said that love might get them going...but it makes it difficult for the child to be torn between 2 religion when she/he looses 1 of the parents

butterfly
02-06-2004, 12:22 AM
I think it requires 2 extremely strong minded and dedicated ppl to make such an union a success, love alone is not enough.......for I belive tht love like luck can be fickle.

Very true bluelotus....

san2003
02-06-2004, 02:10 AM

Very true bluelotus....i strongly agree and support u bluelotus and butterfly :) its not jus love playing the role here... as u said.... strong mind and dedication... if there is the determination that it can be done... everything will work out fine
if the 2 lover r of different religion and think they can go through all challenges living together.... then they r jus great... ill salute those who r like that :)

Horizon2004
02-06-2004, 06:11 AM
Religion not a matter when there is luv.

Bluelotus
02-19-2004, 08:29 AM
so many romantics here.....it's nice that ppl still belive in the Power of love.

sabeshan
02-19-2004, 08:42 AM
Theorem 1:
To put it concisely, love is blind but marriage gives two very discerning and sensitive eyes.

So ideally, in 90% of cases in India (forget the West), inter-religious marriages seldom can succceed, as we ppl have not yet learnt the art of giving a d.a.m.n to the society :b: :b:

unique
02-19-2004, 05:31 PM
It really depends on individuals. If religion is important to one then they shuld nt think abt loving. If love is important to one then they shuld nt think abt the religion.Idhuvum venum adhuvum venumna then that leads to confusion in most of the cases. There r successful intercaste marriages(but ellarukkum andha maadhiri amaiyumnu solla mudiyaadhu). B4 involving deeply one ll have to sort it out,rather than kadaisila manam odainju poradhai vida(and then saying ENGIRUTHALUM VAAZHAGA)......Aanal jaadhi,madham,kulam,kothram,an dhasthu ellam paarthu vandha that is not love.

Kaadhalalil vittukodupadhu thaane sugam. So if the religion is going to be a hindrance yen rendu perume religionai vittukoduka koodadhu. I know idhu pesuvadhurukku sulabamana vishayam n really difficult to follow,but as Katteri mentioned pesi aalosithu iruvarum oru sumugamana mudivukku varalam allava.

Anyway San u r clear in what is important to u :clap:

sagi
02-20-2004, 06:56 AM
Religion is not the end. WHen both of you are from the same religion you have no problem..atleast less problems. But when you are from two diff religions, then yes its a big issue. But onething this is just a block....when your true love is strong, you can simply break it.

kathale jeyam...

san2003
02-22-2004, 02:09 PM
If religion is important to one then they shuld nt think abt loving. If love is important to one then they shuld nt think abt the religion.Idhuvum venum adhuvum venumna then that leads to confusion in most of the cases

i agree on that.... i have a fren... he likes many girls... but the reason he doesn't want to love any is because of his religion.... he is very much religious... and very strict bout it... wat a waste.... he got the best girls.. but his religion stopped him... i'm not being mean or offensive :)

Anyway San u r clear in what is important to u

thanx unique.. yes i am clear bout it now.. thanx to the geethamites who helped me thru :)

Shy
02-24-2004, 04:26 PM
:clap: :clap: Good to know san is clear on whats important in life !!!!

Life is and should be only abt Love !!!! :b:

Shy

Bluelotus
02-25-2004, 05:31 AM
It's quite scary how many ppl use the word "love" this days. It is a special word with many meanings but I often feel that it is overused...especially by the marketing and PR industry.

It is a word with so many meanings and connotations....
Love:
Eros...lust or passionate love twds opposite sex
agape.....unconditional love ...or religious devotion
philadelphia....brotherly affection or familial love
patriotism.....love for country
Charity....."empty" love
ETC...there's a lot more ....

SO in fact when ur saying to chose love over religion u r contradicting urself. for religion is also a loving commitment and so is the other.
How can one chose between 2 loves?

Can u chose between ur mother and father....or between ur sister and brother....u require both to fill complete don't u?

The best thing would be to wait for one person who in ur eyes can combione all those loves.

Shy
02-25-2004, 04:52 PM
Lotus.. ;) nalla framing of words... but,

chosing between mother and father, sister and brother ???? so u mean if ur lover is mother and religion is father here??? The first point is.. for a human being u need a soulmate to share ur love.. u cant compare that type of love with the love u have towards ur mother.. These are all human beings lotus !!! but religion.... its not love but belief... religion is created by ancestors for a man to follow his beliefs...to lead a disciplined life.. but when u love someone that u want to life with for ur entire life... this external entity shudnt be a hurdle for u in anyway !!!!

Shy

Bluelotus
02-25-2004, 05:41 PM
Okay, okay...anyway tht was my last attempt to make ppl chose the cynical side...but as always it fell flat :ahha:

But I realise that I should have used "faith and devotion" for AGAPE as opposed to religion.....never mind.

ok love in any shape or form wins :sm03:

and good luck to those who have yet to find ur soul mates....and well done to those have have found them :D